Tremor Games - Get Free Steam Games For Download

Agreed that people shouldn't use it just to score Steam games. All I was saying is their target audience is people who like to play flash games anyway, and in time maybe they will earn a Steam game. But it's not meant for people who see playing the flash games as a chore or a task to get Steam games. It's a reward not a payment.

[quote name='emwearz']I think the point people are making is that in the time it takes to earn a $15 game, playing games you would not normally play you could have more than likely made half a weeks to a weeks salary. In other words, don't use the site just to score steam games as it requires a lot of work (if you don't enjoy playing all the games, and I doubt most people do, then it is a tedious task.)[/QUOTE]

Agreed that people shouldn't use it just to score Steam games. All I was saying is their target audience is people who like to play flash games anyway, and in time maybe they will earn a Steam game. But it's not meant for people who see playing the flash games as a chore or a task to get Steam games. It's a reward, not a payment.

[quote name='emwearz']I think the point people are making is that in the time it takes to earn a $15 game, playing games you would not normally play you could have more than likely made half a weeks to a weeks salary. In other words, don't use the site just to score steam games as it requires a lot of work (if you don't enjoy playing all the games, and I doubt most people do, then it is a tedious task.)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kujen']Agreed that people shouldn't use it just to score Steam games. All I was saying is their target audience is people who like to play flash games anyway, and in time maybe they will earn a Steam game. But it's not meant for people who see playing the flash games as a chore or a task to get Steam games. It's a reward, not a payment.[/QUOTE]

I personally registered on the site for the sole purpose of earning Steam games. The key perk of the site that you're excluding is that you can complete offers, as you can with any other rewards site, to earn the coins and thus the games that much faster. The folks at Tremor Games must be happy that people would contemplate this due to an assumed substantial financial compensation they receive in turn, so I do feel that rewards and payments are interchangeable in this context. The reward is payment for completing an offer that benefits the owners of the site, much like how merely visiting earns them money from site ads. We're getting paid to visit the site and earn coins that we can use as currency to claim rewards, which makes us feel accomplished. It's only in common word usage that we feel some sense of achievement, but it's still essentially payment for helping out the site owners.

Another factor is that, if you play the games only at night because you have trouble sleeping, much like I do, you are still working towards a reward. I can buy games normally, sure, but if I can get them for free through a trial or by playing several games to kill boredom when my insomnia kicks in, then I choose the latter.

[quote name='Zawazuki']This website is taking Kongregate to the next level. The normal person may think that they're ripping you guys off, but little do they know you make enough money through advertisements to buy the game multiple times. heh Kudos to you manning up and making this site. I will forever be an addict. :p

Do all your games with achievements need to be sponsored by you?[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks. We plan on adding many more features.

Yes, we have sponsored all the Achievement Games. We select the games carefully and most of the games are among the best flash games with quite a few Featured in many other gaming portals.

Update:
And 7 games have already been bought after the thread was posted (worth 1360 Tremor Coins).
Bioshock 2
Borderlands : GOTY
Universe Sandbox (waiting for buyer response to send it)
Bastion
Counter-Strike Source + Garry's Mod (waiting for buyer response to send it)
Torchlight
Train Simulator 2012 Deluxe

All bought by players who registered on/after 25 July 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
So I earned 4 achievements in Zombie Madness and it was suppose to get 4 coins and instead I only have 1 that I got for something else. How long is the delay?

[quote name='blablah2382']I go to get coins and it shows for me 5 coins for view status[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have earned :
5 Coins by Completing Offers.
13 By Completing Achievements
2 by Signing Up with Tremor Games

So you have 20 Coins now.

Nothing is wrong there.

See your profile at http://www.tremorgames.com/profiles/...lablah238.html and click on Coins or Points (left column - just below your avatar) to see your coins/points details.

[quote name='Megazell']So I earned 4 achievements in Zombie Madness and it was suppose to get 4 coins and instead I only have 1 that I got for something else. How long is the delay?[/QUOTE]

It is immediate. You just have to refresh your profile page.

I see you have five achievements for Zombie Madness with all coins (7) awarded.

[quote name='Razorleaf']ehm how do i delete my account? or how i can change the newsletter settings? i like the idea but i dont want to play 100 hours crappy games to get 1 good game. i just dont like flash games :S

my profile: http://www.tremorgames.com/profiles/4661/drizzt.html[/QUOTE]

You can check out the offers in your profile page if you do not like playing games but want the Steam games!

We don't really send follow up emails to trouble you. Maybe just once month or even less!

There should be a button to unregister in the email you got when you signed up.

Just got a game for 160 coins from mostly playing the games.
Thank you Tremor Games.
I'm going to keep playing for another.:bouncy:

[quote name='TremorGames']It is immediate. You just have to refresh your profile page.

I see you have five achievements for Zombie Madness with all coins (7) awarded.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I refreshed the profile several times but I just checked now and it's all groovy.
Not bad but it could use some more seasoned flash games.

Going to sweat shop...I mean encourage my kids to try this ;)

[quote name='TremorGames']You can check out the offers in your profile page if you do not like playing games but want the Steam games!

We don't really send follow up emails to trouble you. Maybe just once month or even less!

There should be a button to unregister in the email you got when you signed up.[/QUOTE]

ehm i didnt get any e-mail. after my registration i was instant verified.

[quote name='Megazell']Thanks. I refreshed the profile several times but I just checked now and it's all groovy.
Not bad but it could use some more seasoned flash games.

Going to sweat shop...I mean encourage my kids to try this ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha good idea.

Just got a 3rd best all time score in one of these games... Bad thing is I only got like 6 coins for it lol

[quote name='SithFord']Just got a 3rd best all time score in one of these games... Bad thing is I only got like 6 coins for it lol[/QUOTE]

Scores don't always give you coins.
Only Achievements do.

[quote name='Razorleaf']ehm i didnt get any e-mail. after my registration i was instant verified.[/QUOTE]

Verification is instant but an email is sent out.

If you didn't receive it, you can always unsubscribe from the list if we ever send you an email :)

[quote name='TremorGames']
And 7 games have already been bought after the thread was posted[/QUOTE]

Yea, it was a brilliant idea to advertise the site here. :p

Damn I was hoping on Bioshock 2. :( Oh well I'll try to still save 200-250 in case something else comes for around that price. Got almost 100 coins now. This site will replace kongregate at my work which I play daily.

@Tremor Can you make target option exaple bordelands cost 350 coins and when earned coins should change value
100 coins left ect and coins should be in nick section in homepage

Looks like the website is down.

Edit - NVM - Seems to be a Firefox thing.

[quote name='Marcin205']@Tremor Can you make target option exaple bordelands cost 350 coins and when earned coins should change value
100 coins left ect and coins should be in nick section in homepage[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure i understand what you mean.

You should remove games that have 0 items remaining i was planing to buy Torchlight but someone already bought it.
BTW Are you planning to add more copies of Torchlight?

[quote name='Healow']You should remove games that have 0 items remaining i was planing to buy Torchlight but someone already bought it.
BTW Are you planning to add more copies of Torchlight?[/QUOTE]

Yes, we will add an image to show Out Of Stock items.

We will be adding new games and will restock our old ones regularly so keep checking :)
Prices for old games may not always remain the same though.

[quote name='TremorGames']I'm not sure i understand what you mean.[/QUOTE]

I think he means that, if a game costs 350 coins and you currently have 250, having a "100 Coins Left" type of countdown instead of just "350 coins" would be better.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I think he means that, if a game costs 350 coins and you currently have 250, having a "100 Coins Left" type of countdown instead of just "350 coins" would be better.[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes. We will add total coins in the top right also.

Not really a counter though :)

And we can do the calculation for you in the shop - similar to LOL.

This is WONDERFUL
Time to stop wasting time procrastinating online and start earning achievements for free games :D!

[quote name='bob101910']Is there a way to report games that don't give you achievements for completing the requirement?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can email us and we will look into it.

Contact link is at the bottom of the website.

I'll have to start blasting through some games and rack up some coins soon.

Please, for the sake of the community, Tremor, don't be that kind of site where you start getting attention and then jack the reward coin requirements up to the point where it's only logical to get the coins through the offers.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I'll have to start blasting through some games and rack up some coins soon.

Please, for the sake of the community, Tremor, don't be that kind of site where you start getting attention and then jack the reward coin requirements up to the point where it's only logical to get the coins through the offers.[/QUOTE]

Our goal is to be a flash/casual gaming site with great quality games :)

Just a Random Day is nice game but someties was laggy when too much units and cursor go wrong place solution:exit to game menu and run again lol Zombie shooter have some fps problem lol

[quote name='Marcin205']Just a Random Day is nice game but someties was laggy when too much units and cursor go wrong place solution:exit to game menu and run again lol Zombie shooter have some fps problem lol
[/QUOTE]

If you are using Firefox, try to play in Chrome.

[quote name='Marcin205']Just a Random Day is nice game but someties was laggy when too much units and cursor go wrong place solution:exit to game menu and run again lol Zombie shooter have some fps problem lol
[/QUOTE]

Yeah some of the games have been laggy for me but that's probably because I have multiple tabs open at a time, sometimes I have to turn down the settings to get smooth play.

thanks, in search games site

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tremorg/public_html/templates/tremor/template_functions.php on line 2730

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tremorg/public_html/templates/tremor/template_functions.php on line 2734

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tremorg/public_html/templates/tremor/template_functions.php on line 2671

So I looked around the shop and saw counter strike source and garrys mod for 350 coins. Compare this to other things such as 2000 coins and it does not seem so bad. So I joined and after playing for 5 hours, I only have about 70 coins. This is no easy task to get this many coins even for an expert gamer such as myself.

its not meant to earn it in one day i just use the site for passing time after 3 days im up to around 120coins

[quote name='legendarydogs']So I looked around the shop and saw counter strike source and garrys mod for 350 coins. Compare this to other things such as 2000 coins and it does not seem so bad. So I joined and after playing for 5 hours, I only have about 70 coins. This is no easy task to get this many coins even for an expert gamer such as myself.[/QUOTE]

If you need coins quickly, check out the offers.

Only playing games to earn coins will take some time :)

lol some random login error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/tremorg/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 708

bread's done
Back