Tri-Wing Screwdriver for Wii-GBA-DS-etc .95 cents SHIPPED!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Credit to lee43 at SD.

I have no experience with this retailer (dealextreme.com) but others on SD and CAG say they have ordered with no issues.

Tri-Wing screwdriver for opening lots of Nintendo carts-systems, etc.

.95 shipped. Good deal, these are normally $7 or more shipped. They also seem to have lots of other cheap stuff.

Coupon code DX041500 for $2.00 off 5 items.

link

sku_2905_1_small.jpg

This Tri-Wing will also work on Gamecube controllers including the Wavebird.

It does NOT work on NES, SNES or N64 cartridges, they use the 3.8mm security bit available from this eBay seller for $7 shipped. It is also available from many sources online.

Here is a handy chart I found at The Electric Quarter who also sell the bits.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nephilim']Credit to lee43 at SD.

I have no experience with this retailer (dealextreme.com) but others on SD say they have ordered with no issues.

Tri-Wing screwdriver for opening lots of Nintendo carts-systems, etc.

.95 shipped. Good deal, these are normally $7 or more shipped.

Coupon code DX041500 for $2.00 off 5 items.

link

sku_2905_1_small.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I'm going to try to get one when I get home. I modded my first three Wiis this past week for friends and family, but I couldn't find my old Tri-Wing from when I did Afterburner installations on GBAs. I remembered that the Afterburner instructions said to use a small slotted screwdriver of a certain size and even gave a Craftsman model number as an example of one that works just fine, so I broke out my Husky set and promptly broke the tip of the delicate one that otherwise fit fine. Crap. Lifetime warranty, here I come. Even with it being broken, it got out all but one Tri-Wing just fine.

For the last one, I discovered a prefect replacement: A T3 Torx from my cell-phone opening kit that looks like it's from the same company as the drivers you picture above (EXACTLY the same styling). I used it for all the Tri-Wing screws on the two subsequent Wii mods. It fit so perfectly that the screws would come out with the driver without a magnetic driver shaft! It hasn't slipped once, but I did notice that the tip looks silvery on an otherwise black shaft, so I want to quit using it before I end up with a useless T3 driver. I just thought I'd mention it as an alternative for that purpose anyway (I'm sure it wouldn't fit the differently-shaped GB/GBC/GBA/GCN controller screws). Thanks!

This is a great deal! Thanks OP!

Do these work with earlier Nintendo games too? Like N64, SNES, NES? Thanks!

EDIT: Wow, there is a lot of great cheap stuff!

dealextreme.com is definitely legit. I ordered a certain DS device off them a couple months ago and you definitely get your stuff but be prepared to wait a couple weeks.

[quote name='dfo']It's now increased to $2.00 shipped.[/quote]

I'm seeing 95cents for just the trigram, $2 for the trigram/cross combo.

what else is good cheap crap to buy from them besides the DS Lite USB Charger?

WOW: a pig LED flashlight for a buck! (most definitely adding at least one to my order):

sku_1138_1.jpg

[quote name='4tygames']
Do these work with earlier Nintendo games too? Like N64, SNES, NES? Thanks!
[/quote]

I have the same question. Does anyone know?

I have an old SNES that doesn't work. Perhaps a good cleaning would do the trick.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']can anyone confirm this will work for a gamecube as well. i need one for a cube, not the other systems.[/QUOTE]

It should work for all Nintendo Systems as they all use Tri Wing Screws. I mean hell for .95 cents can it be a waste to order one :D

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Man, check out this little bug repelent thing for $2.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2162

That would be sweeet if it works, haha. I might get it just to try it out.[/QUOTE]

I used to have one of those as a kid....sadly I think scientist have proven those things don't work. I also held that thing next to a bug once...and it just sat there.

FYI, the $0.01 Gift Service option counts as an item for the coupon. You don't save quite as much that way, but it still makes it cheaper.

I got some other stuff, but it looks as though you could add 4 of the "gift service" item to your screwdriver order and get it for $0.58 shipped. Now that's cheap-ass.

added to the OP:

This Tri-Wing will also work on Gamecube controllers including the Wavebird.

It does NOT work on NES, SNES or N64 cartridges, they use the 3.8mm security bit available from this eBay seller for $7 shipped. It is also available from many sources online.

Here is a handy chart I found at The Electric Quarter who also sell the bit.

Gamebit%20chart.jpg

Wow... that site has some awesome stuff...
3 cool lighters, a universal keychain remote, mosquito repeller and PSP screen protectors all for $10!

[quote name='Rocko']Screen protectors aren't horis, though, I don't believe.[/quote]
Says "HORI PSP SCREEN PROTECTOR" So... ya know... :lol:

Either way, gotta be better than the cheap ass Intec ones I got with my case...

[quote name='PrarieD0G']I have the same question. Does anyone know?

I have an old SNES that doesn't work. Perhaps a good cleaning would do the trick.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you need a 4.5mm security bit for that and all Nintendo systems.

check out the chart I added to the original post.

[quote name='Kayden']Wow... that site has some awesome stuff...
3 cool lighters, a universal keychain remote, mosquito repeller and PSP screen protectors all for $10![/quote]

Indeed. The universal keychain remote works great, take it to Wal-mart and you can mess with all the TVs.

I got the tri-wing driver, DS Screen protectors, tweezer 3-pack, SD USB Adapter x 2 (paid $7 for one before, here they're only $2!), and a 2.5 to 3.5 headphone adapter for a total of $9.40 shipped.

Very cool crap on the cheap.

[quote name='Nephilim']Nope, you need a 4.5mm security bit for that and all Nintendo systems.

check out the chart I added to the original post.[/quote]

Thank you for the help!

Thanks, I ordered one of these, a DS screen protector, and three of the Stapless Staplers (my wife brought one to work and they were popular there).

[quote name='Kayden']Says "HORI PSP SCREEN PROTECTOR" So... ya know... :lol:

Either way, gotta be better than the cheap ass Intec ones I got with my case...[/QUOTE]

Credit to eau from another thread. The DSL Hori screen protectors may be knockoffs.

These are genuine from the MTV shop for $5.50 shipped.

Awesome - thanks for the tip! In for a tri-wing screwdriver and NDS screen protectors. For like $2....how the %&*$ can you go wrong? :D

Picked up two Pig LED lights, DSL Screen Protectors, the Universal Remote, Retractable Stylii, and the Trigram screwdrive for $8.37! I passed on the USB charger for the DSL because I'm often closer to a wall outlet than a computer these days.

Judging from the pictures on site, the DSL Hori screen protector looks like knockoffs. The protector applicator tabs and the cloth look nothing like the genuine articles I've seen. However, the outer packaging says Hori and looks real.

Got my stuff today. The screen protector went on no trouble. Hori or not, it beats the last one I had.

My fire extinguisher lighter doesn't work. =( Gas comes out, but it doesn't light.

I got mine a couple days back, and some audio accessories. I took apart and cleaned out my old WaveBird. It works like charm now. :D

Only complaint is that the 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter is crooked. *grumble*

I got my order this past Tuesday, the Tri-Wing, some cheap ear buds that actually have a good sound, and an FM transmitter that works great off of cigarette lighter.

Got mine today. Nice little screwdrivers and I ordered some AA battery holders for my eneloop rechargeables. Nice products, I have no idea how they shipped me all this stuff for $4 from anywhere much less Hong Kong.

bread's done
Back