Trials HD / Limbo / Splosion Man - Triple Pack $10 at Best Buy

Priced matched at my local Wal-Mart, and that store has just gone through a remodel and they sent out free $5 gift cards to the area, so I only paid $5 for my copy.

Even though Limbo is overrated shallow garbage that gets by on it's looks, I'd still say this is a good deal for you guys to get all 3. Highly recommend trials HD, 'splosion man is pretty good as well. Pick it up, try for yourselves.

Picked this up earlier today. I already owned Splosion Man but i figure Trials and Limbo for only $10, can't beat that!

Also thanks to the 160msp code inside I had enough points to buy the Captain America table for Pinball FX2, great deal all around!

grabbed it for local pickup tomorrow from liberty township ohio. Colerain was listed as having it in as well if any SW Ohio folks are interested

I'm probably the only weirdo that bought this even though I already own all three... I got it PM'd at my work for the $10 used my discount to make it $9 then another coupon to make it $7. So I figured for the $7 ($5 if you could the 160 pts included) its not so bad, or at least that's what I tell myself lol.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I'm probably the only weirdo that bought this even though I already own all three... I got it PM'd at my work for the $10 used my discount to make it $9 then another coupon to make it $7. So I figured for the $7 ($5 if you could the 160 pts included) its not so bad, or at least that's what I tell myself lol.[/QUOTE]

Heck no, Trials HD or Limbo is easily worth the $5. Not to mention its on-disc so you can trade it in later for profit Im sure.

Me personally might try to sell mine. Got to much backlog.

I successfully PM'ed the XBLA Triple Pack at Walmart with the ad.

Great deal! Thanks for the heads up OP!

When I brought it up to the register to pay for it the cashier said "Wow, this must be a really good game! I have sold a ton of these just in the last hour!"

[quote name='kidrocklive']I'm probably the only weirdo that bought this even though I already own all three... I got it PM'd at my work for the $10 used my discount to make it $9 then another coupon to make it $7. So I figured for the $7 ($5 if you could the 160 pts included) its not so bad, or at least that's what I tell myself lol.[/QUOTE]
I contemplated purchasing this all day even though I already own all 3 as well. Personally, I just like having games on disc if that's an option. At this point, there are no more copies at the BB closest to me, but I can wait the estimated month for it to show up.

decided to swing by and was lucky got the last one, thnx, didnt even read the thread and found the code for 160pts, awesome.

Have my gf picking one up for me tom. and she'll drop it off to me too. Sweet!
Got the last in-store pickup order at that location. Works out fine since all the others ones around me are sold out.

Can anyone confirm if you need the disc to play these games?

[quote name='nas6034']Have my gf picking one up for me tom. and she'll drop it off to me too. Sweet!
Got the last in-store pickup order at that location. Works out fine since all the others ones around me are sold out.

Can anyone confirm if you need the disc to play these games?[/QUOTE]'

Yes, you need the disk in the drive to be able to play the games.

[quote name='Abeja']Heck no, Trials HD or Limbo is easily worth the $5. Not to mention its on-disc so you can trade it in later for profit Im sure.

Me personally might try to sell mine. Got to much backlog.

I successfully PM'ed the XBLA Triple Pack at Walmart with the ad.[/QUOTE]
Walmart really PM'ed it? I might have to try that.

Great deal on this one. I'd buy it if I didn't have them. Loved Limbo, Trials HD is alright, and SM was just ok. But like others have said, Limbo and Trials are both worth $10 each, and some people loved SM.

Picked this up earlier today. Went to a pals place and we got some 4 player coop going and was having a blast heheh May pick up another copy for them. Wanted Splosion Man and when i saw Limbo had to get. Haven't tried anything other than Splosion Man though. Took awhile before i could find a copy at the bestbuy between work and home. When i did noticed atleast 5 at Northgate BB in WA.

[quote name='Gosha']Man, Limbo was made by 8 people, should give them more credit.[/QUOTE]
Fewer people made Super Meat Boy and probably dozens of other more impressive indie games.

It's alright, but it's annoying the unjustified praise it gets.

[quote name='Tsel']Walmart really PM'ed it? I might have to try that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was surprised too. Although with that new commercial going around about Walmart price matching (which I even mention to the lady), i think it should be easier.

I might try it again at another Walmart cause the only Best Buy near me is out of stock.

EDIT: Actually now that I see it on Targets website, I might try to PM it there. There is one across the street from the Best Buy and in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't any of these games this is a must buy.

I own Trials and Splosion Man... didn't really care from Limbo and keep telling myself there is no good reason to pick this up other than to maybe play through limbo and then just trade it in for $8 at BB or Amazon. Combined with the 160 points it's really like playing Limbo for free and just moving some cash/credit around...

Damn it, I'm talking myself into it...

I was out on an errand of futility trying to get the $15 GH deal at TRU when I got the email from BB that they had my movie, but not the Triple Pack. I went to the store and looked on the shelves and the slot for it was empty. Playing a hunch, I looked over all the shelves and found one in a different area, probably the last one in the store. Nice. Already have Splosion Man, but been wanting to try Limbo.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']If you don't any of these games this is a must buy.

I own Trials and Splosion Man... didn't really care from Limbo and keep telling myself there is no good reason to pick this up other than to maybe play through limbo and then just trade it in for $8 at BB or Amazon. Combined with the 160 points it's really like playing Limbo for free and just moving some cash/credit around...

Damn it, I'm talking myself into it...[/QUOTE]

Thats my plan. I already have Trials and Splosion Man. I'm just going to run through Limbo a time or two then sell/trade it off.

Some dude ordered the last 3 at Best Buy from the web right as I got to the store. I saw them pull all 3. I asked for the manager and told them that there was a limit of 1 on the web. He made 3 separate orders. The manager said screw him and handed me a copy!

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Some dude ordered the last 3 at Best Buy from the web right as I got to the store. I saw them pull all 3. I asked for the manager and told them that there was a limit of 1 on the web. He made 3 separate orders. The manager said screw him and handed me a copy![/QUOTE]

I don't think there is any limit on web orders. At least it just let me go to the final checkout page without telling me.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Some dude ordered the last 3 at Best Buy from the web right as I got to the store. I saw them pull all 3. I asked for the manager and told them that there was a limit of 1 on the web. He made 3 separate orders. The manager said screw him and handed me a copy![/QUOTE]

Goddamn cags!!

hell yeah way to stick it to em

I'm glad I held off getting Trials HD and Limbo. Though I already own 'Splosion Man and I have little interest in Trials, getting Limbo for $10 alone is enough of a deal for me. Even if I could get Limbo for 800 MS points, I'd never be able to trade it back like I could with this disc. I also didn't even realize it came with 160 MS points. Talk about a deal. Hopefully the TIV for this game doesn't totally tank because of this. But I guess even if I can get some trade-in for it it'll be better than if I bought it on XBLA.

any save issues if I go from DL'd versions of Trials and Splosion man to disk based copies? I know sometimes that can get screwy..I will probably pick this up just out of principle of a good deal!

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Grabbed one for my disc collection even though I (seriously) have everything. God I have issues.[/QUOTE]
You and me both, buddy.

[quote name='token2k6']any save issues if I go from DL'd versions of Trials and Splosion man to disk based copies? I know sometimes that can get screwy..I will probably pick this up just out of principle of a good deal![/QUOTE]

The question is: why would you even want to play them off the disc if you already have the download versions? Do you want to save a couple of hundred Megs on your HD and you enjoy hearing the disc spinning in your Xbox?

[quote name='Idx86']Sold out everyone. :(

Has anyone NOT had success PM'ing at Wal-Mart? Anyone try at Target?[/QUOTE]

For those that have a Meijer by them, they PM'd it no problem. You just have to have the ad with you.

There were 3 at each of the best buys (central columbus, oh) near my house. Traded in my MK I bought for $15 from toys r us for $36 (sold the kitana code for $15 when everyone wanted it) Then got my GoW 3pack and XBLA 3 pack with$14 left over.

So overall not bad for a game I enjoyed for a while, then picking up 5 games and some cash with it. Now if only I can get my wife off of PvZ that I got her last week. I thought she would like at as she's not really a gamer, but she is obsessed now.

I picked up my copy today. There were at least 3 more copies on the shelf.
I am having second thoughts and am thinking of returning my copy. I already have Limbo and am not interested in Trials. So I am not sure I want splosion man for $10 considering I can buy it for $5 when its on -frequent- sale. Add to that that if I buy it online I won't be using "real" money since I seem to always have points in my account from Bing.

[quote name='ooga']I picked up my copy today. There were at least 3 more copies on the shelf.
I am having second thoughts and am thinking of returning my copy. I already have Limbo and am not interested in Trials. So I am not sure I want splosion man for $10 considering I can buy it for $5 when its on -frequent- sale. Add to that that if I buy it online I won't be using "real" money since I seem to always have points in my account from Bing.[/QUOTE]

You only bought it for $8 consider 160 MS points are bundled inside. And later you could always pass it along to a friend for free or a couple bucks. :)

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']You only bought it for $8 consider 160 MS points are bundled inside. And later you could always pass it along to a friend for free or a couple bucks. :)[/QUOTE]

Except that I did not buy it for $8. I understand your point, but I normally don't purchase MSPs with cash. So the 160 points don't really offset the amount I paid for the disc. Also, as someone who typically buys stuff for 400, 600, or 800 MSPs, I am not sure how I am going to spend an odd amount like 160 points. I don't buy avatar crap, so unless I can figure out how to get another 240 points to get the total up to 400, those points are pretty useless to me. The rewards program is not a viable way to do this since it takes forever @ 20 points/month doing surveys.

It's sad, but I don't have any friends that have 360s. So no one I know can benefit from my philanthropy. :)

[quote name='ooga']So no one I know can benefit from my philanthropy. :)[/QUOTE]

Uhhhh... wait a minute, you dont consider your fellow CAG'ers to be friends? I thought we were BFFs. :cry:

I already have limbo should i get this?
Is it like the Border Lands: Game of the Year Edition Bones Disk( Download only want i want)

Please do answer, Thanks.

[quote name='Idx86']Sold out everyone. :(

Has anyone NOT had success PM'ing at Wal-Mart? Anyone try at Target?[/QUOTE]
No problem at Target but you have to go up to CS desk to do it. Also they seem to be low on copies so hurry. Team Member at one store said that some stores have been pulling the game out of cases and putting them in "back storage" (I forget the exact term he used) to make room for other games.

[quote name='Eyes of Artist']On BestBuy.com it says- "Ship to store Usually ships to store in 3 to 5 days"
Does this mean they have it or don have it?[/QUOTE]

if the store locator doesn't show "available now" they don't have it.

Just placed an order with Ship-to-Store option. It says it'll be available on 8/22. WTF!

Well, I'm not desperate to play it right now. I guess a month's wait is ok.

Picked up a copy today in store @ BB, Burlington, MA. Still a couple left even though the site says "Ship to Store" for availability. Limbo is absolutely amazing and worth the $10 on its own.

Since there are no BB's near me that have it in stock I went ahead and ordered it online. Still not too bad after shipping and tax. And I'll pay $3 so that I don't have to drive far to get a copy of this. Thanks OP!

Also thanks CAG for more games to add to the backlog! :)

Went ahead and placed an order for store pickup. A friend just recently got a 360, so he'll be happy.

Edit: I must say, I really enjoy being able to pay with Paypal through the Best Buy site. Haven't bought from that site in years, and I don't remember them having that before.

bread's done
Back