Tribes: Aerial Assault: $9.99 @ Amazon (Target.com)

This game is good, but the fact that they let dialup users play makes it lag like crazy.

I saw this one last night at Best Buy B&M for $4.99 (about 10 copies). It might be part of the whole $4.99 clearance, or just a random clearance, so YMMV.

This particular BB was in Chapel Hill, NC.

I think I've logged the most hours on this game then all my other PS2 games.

And I'm still just ok.

I remember when Tribes1 came out for the PC back in the day. So many good memories. Definitely looking forward to the new one this fall.

I snagged this one in Gaithersburg, MD Best Buy for $4.99 last week. Online seems to be good, but the graphics are definitely first-generation and hard to take if you're accustomed to XBOX shininess.

It's still better than the 99 cent copy of Pulse Racer I got the same day, though. :oops:

kinda hard to shoot though...i got it back at cc when it was 15 bucks...great teamwork, but hard to shoot, you just have to deal w/ splash damage unless ur sniping i guess

I had this one reserved on release. Played the @%@#$ out of Tribes 1 in college.

Offline play is... OK. The bots aren't really that brilliant, but they do a pretty good job of hunting you down, even if you're hiding. Note that you cannot unballance your team, to make it harder when you're beating the crap out of the bots even on the hardest AI level. (Confirmed that by talking to one of the programmers at Inevitable.)

[quote name='[email protected]']I saw this one last night at Best Buy B&M for $4.99 (about 10 copies). It might be part of the whole $4.99 clearance, or just a random clearance, so YMMV.

This particular BB was in Chapel Hill, NC.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw it for $4.99 at one of my local Best Buys (Gaithersburg, MD) for $4.99 too. Along with the PS2 version of The Thing and...errr...something else. [Look, if I had known there was going to be a quiz, I would've taken notes! :p]

bread's done
Back