TRU $10 off any video game $39.99 or higher w/coupon Friday 3/19-20 In Store Only

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']Will this work on preorders like say Super Street Fighter IV? I've never tried preordering in stores before.[/QUOTE]

Does anybody know if this works on pre-orders? I would like to pre-order SSF4 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I had an issue with the coupon not being recognized. They searched it up in their database and there was nothing either. They either took it off manually or it miraculously worked last minute.

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']Will this work on preorders like say Super Street Fighter IV? I've never tried preordering in stores before.[/QUOTE]

No, Pre orders require only a $5.00 deposit. You can not pay for the game in full.

[quote name='Killbomb']Anybody that made a trip to TRU notice if they carried Metro 2033? Was going to wait but I might pick it up for $30 after coupon+gift card.[/QUOTE]

The game is carried, but not in high quantities. You might want to call ahead and have the game put on hold for you before making the trip out.

Just wondering, did anyone here get Pokémon SS/HG? A few people on SD mentioned that they got the bonus items (the basics kit & $5 GC) and was wondering if that was the norm. If so, might make a quick stop to TRU tomorrow and visit their customer service desk ;)

[quote name='akalboy']Just wondering, did anyone here get Pokémon SS/HG? A few people on SD mentioned that they got the bonus items (the basics kit & $5 GC) and was wondering if that was the norm. If so, might make a quick stop to TRU tomorrow and visit their customer service desk ;)[/QUOTE]

did not work for more :( they did not have anything left except 5 dollar gift card but they refused to give me it lol they said the coupon i was using was bogus too

I picked up phantasy star zero today using the giftcard I got from my FFXIII purchase and also had issues with the coupon. For some reason it wasn't working correctly, and the manager had to come over to fix it. Everything worked out well for me in the end though.

I fucking hate how ToysRus is now pricing every game (just about) a few dollars to even $10.00 above msrp. Who came up with this great idea?
All $60.00 games are now $65.00, and the $39.99 are $42.99.
The $29.99 games are $31.99.
I hope people realize their devious ways, and don't buy at these prices. Except for Mass Effect 2, God of War 3, and FF XIII (2 of which were released this week), all other games were above mrsp (this is in NY).

[quote name='akalboy']All games were at MSRP for me (in NJ).[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I think I'll snap a few pictures, and see if anybody cares about fixing this crap in NY.

dragon - I know exactly why you're talking about. when they were running the special at the beggining of this year with bayonetta and darksiders, darksiders was marked up to 66.99. fucking garbage. it's the only tru in the city though so they can do what they want...I still paid for darksiders at that price. I suck.

MSRP is a suggested price. They can sell it for whatever price they want. You also have the right to not purchase it there.

[quote name='daminion']MSRP is a suggested price. They can sell it for whatever price they want. You also have the right to not purchase it there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after giving it some thought I don't think it's worth my time. I know fuckstop does this with a few things (wii motion+ and other items). I was just pissed that I wanted to use their coupon, and their gift card, but to do so, I had to buy at a higher price than elsewhere (thus negating half of their coupon value.)

It's a damn shame that in this economy, retailers still do price gouging. At the same time, consumers need to be more careful than ever. I guess they're going for the 'Well, I already got everything else, so I might as well get the game here too...' crowd and not CAGs.

Coupon worked fine for me today. Also, I haven't seen the markup phenomenon at TRUs in MD/VA, but if they start that around here, they've lost my business.

Funny, no one complains when the price is lowered (like Amazon routinely selling @ $54.99) but when some company goes the other way, it's "Price Gouging". MSRP = Manufacturer's *SUGGESTED* Retail Price: but a retailer can make up their own mind. Just like a consumer can make up their own mind to give said retailer "The Finger" and not purchase there.

But they dont do that @ the No VA TRU, neither in-store nor online, so it's still a deal for me. Sucks to be to you NYCers.

Thanks for the coupon, I got BestBuy to match it and picked up Sonic & Sega All Star Racing for PS3 for $39.99 after coupon

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']Hey, K-Mart has a better deal. $10 off $20 any game $20 or more (or $10 of 4 $20 games too) (or anything in the store for that matter).[/QUOTE]

K-Mart's are no longer accepting those coupons. There were even signs up about it at K-Mart yesterday

[quote name='Armor42']K-Mart's are no longer accepting those coupons. There were even signs up about it at K-Mart yesterday[/QUOTE]

Oh well.. just another 1 day sale/coupon or glitch deal in the books that ppl were able to take advantage of.

I was trying to decided ff13 or yakuza 3. My wife was going past a toys r us so she went with the coupon and the 20.00 gift card to pick up ff13 and she came back. She only had to pay 17.00 said there was some promotion going on. I was happily suprised I was expecting to pay 30+taxs that was a good deal. These toys r us deals are awesome.

[quote name='Armor42']K-Mart's are no longer accepting those coupons. There were even signs up about it at K-Mart yesterday[/QUOTE]

They are accepting them where I'm @.

I just picked up FFXIII with the coupon for $49.38 total. I guess there's a FFXIII $5 off promo going on at TRU. So I got $15 off total. Pretty sweet if anyone is thinking about picking it up.

[quote name='danitalone']I just picked up FFXIII with the coupon for $49.38 total. I guess there's a FFXIII $5 off promo going on at TRU. So I got $15 off total. Pretty sweet if anyone is thinking about picking it up.[/QUOTE]

Was it just for FF XIII or were other games $5 off as well?

[quote name='danitalone']I just picked up FFXIII with the coupon for $49.38 total. I guess there's a FFXIII $5 off promo going on at TRU. So I got $15 off total. Pretty sweet if anyone is thinking about picking it up.[/QUOTE]

Just got the same deal. Guess it's not just a local sale. Got $15 off total on FFXIII. It was the only game I saw on sale. Passed some coupons around to other shoppers hahaha.

This turned out better than the $13 gift card on release day. =)

bread's done
Back