TRU - 128MB SanDisk Memory Stick Duo $7.98 YMMV

[quote name='slidecage']i went over to TRU today and asked them to scan it...

VERY RUDE

Its 19.98 i dont have to scan it , i work here and know its that price

Me: i heard that is cheaper

Them: it might be cheaper else where but not here

me: can you scan it

Them: No cause i know for a fact its 19.98

screw them[/QUOTE]

that has happened to me before. now, i just let them scan it. act like im buying it and if the price isnt right ill be like "oops i left my money in the car, ill BRB" and not come back.

I found some of these at the Lynnwood, WA TRU. I got 2, one for psp and one for mp3 player, they had probably 6 left, but the employee(who was clueless) might have snagged some or told other emps about them.

I had them scan it in Celarwater Florida and it came ups as $21.99 and PROMO... so I guess its higher in some areas; They had them priced as $39.99 in the tags.

Well same memory at the TRU in Warners, GA was $1.48; last one they had. I was looking for a Steak and Shake while driving north and the store was on the other side of the street so I took a little detour. Cashier was a little afraid to let me pay so little. It scanned at their priced checkers for $1.48 too.

Most companies like to have the same price throughout the chain; really surprised at the differences at TRU.

[quote name='onapartyrock']Well same memory at the TRU in Warners, GA was $1.48; last one they had. I was looking for a Steak and Shake while driving north and the store was on the other side of the street so I took a little detour. Cashier was a little afraid to let me pay so little. It scanned at their priced checkers for $1.48 too.

Most companies like to have the same price throughout the chain; really surprised at the differences at TRU.[/QUOTE]

When it comes to clearance prices, it's at regional discretion, IIRC. Sales and/or special event deals (Green Tag, for example) are set at the corporate level and are applicable for all stores.

Thanks, OP! I just scored 3 at about $1.48 each! The sales associate's mouth almost hit the floor when he rang it up!:lol:

[quote name='m_d_amore']Super Update they are ringing up free this week there is a 5 off 128 cards so get em while they are hot[/QUOTE]

Damn...gotta hit the ATL TRUs...

On the one I got where it says Memory Stick PRO Duo, there is a red sticker over that wording that just says Memory Stick Duo. Also the actual card itself is navy blue and says Memory Stick Duo but behind the card, there is an image with a pink card. Again on the back it says Memory Stick Duo with a red sticker covering other information.

Is anyone else's card like this?

same here but work with my psp albeit it was just music but works flawlessly
guess the pro part isn't important

Ok, cool. I wasn't too concerned because I figured it was so cheap it wasn't a huge loss if it didn't work but glad to hear it will work with the PSP

[quote name='YoshiFan1']On the one I got where it says Memory Stick PRO Duo, there is a red sticker over that wording that just says Memory Stick Duo. Also the actual card itself is navy blue and says Memory Stick Duo but behind the card, there is an image with a pink card. Again on the back it says Memory Stick Duo with a red sticker covering other information.

Is anyone else's card like this?[/QUOTE]

All of mine were like that... it's like they ran out of cards for the plain Memory Stick Duo and just slapped stickers over the wording at the top.

new price at the SD cards at my TRU, we are sold out now, but they were ringing up 7.98, but coming down to under 3 bucks. they used to just be 7.98.

wish I could've got in on this deal.

[quote name='sp00ge']Mine were $4.98, so with the $5 off, they came up free.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the last 3 they had and they all came up free when I passed by at my TRU on Thursday morning.

Went to TRU in my area, and the 128MB Sandisk Pro Duo rang up as $34.99 (which was $5.00 off of the regular price of $39.99). That's too expensive for 128 MB, so I declined.

can someone pick me up two of these? i'd be willing to pay for cost + shipping + a little extra...or you can get something from my tradelist that's worth about the same....thanks

[quote name='sp00ge']The regular Duo is clearanced at the cheap price, not the Pro Duo.[/QUOTE]

I got the Pro Duo for free. This means a YMMV is in order just like the OP suggested.

If you haven't picked up any yet get them before 12/29. The price looks to be going back up to 39.99.

[quote name='benboxer']If you haven't picked up any yet get them before 12/29. The price looks to be going back up to 39.99.[/QUOTE]

That is hilarious.

I went to Toys R us in Covina, CA and the games i had in my list, none of them are 9.98 or 9.99 whatever. Doom 3 Xbox, no, it's still 29.99, KOF Max Impact Xbox, no it's still 39.99, and Metal Slug 4 & 5 is still 39.99. Mostly they have kids games, boring puzzle games on sale. So i should assume this on sale thing is huge YMMV.

[quote name='WillWill']I went to Toys R us in Covina, CA and the games i had in my list, none of them are 9.98 or 9.99 whatever. Doom 3 Xbox, no, it's still 29.99, KOF Max Impact Xbox, no it's still 39.99, and Metal Slug 4 & 5 is still 39.99. Mostly they have kids games, boring puzzle games on sale. So i should assume this on sale thing is huge YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Wrong thread... but to reply to your comments, did you actual have the games scanned? Some TRU's have lazy employees and don't always get the ticket/display prices changed, but the prices are automatically changed in the system.

sad I never got a reply to any of my Pms asking them to pick some up for me.. they said they get me 2 and Whamm never heard another thing

[quote name='slidecage']sad I never got a reply to any of my Pms asking them to pick some up for me.. they said they get me 2 and Whamm never heard another thing[/QUOTE]

They've been gone from my store for about two weeks now... I grabbed four (One for a CAGer, one for my mom and two for my digicam) and there were only one or two left... which were gone with two days.

[quote name='m_d_amore']heres a scan with the promo code
[/QUOTE]

some stores when that happens will pull them from the shelves or junk skin them for a higher price, or in that case the regular price minus the promo. My store has done that a few times with guys trying to buy up all the $.01 game guides.

[quote name='WillWill']I went to Toys R us in Covina, CA and the games i had in my list, none of them are 9.98 or 9.99 whatever. Doom 3 Xbox, no, it's still 29.99, KOF Max Impact Xbox, no it's still 39.99, and Metal Slug 4 & 5 is still 39.99. Mostly they have kids games, boring puzzle games on sale. So i should assume this on sale thing is huge YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Those games were that price. I remember going on the 22nd and they had Doom 3 for 9.99. I saw them put the sticker on. Too bad the Metal Slug 4/5 were display cases. I was planning on getting those (1 for me and the other for my friend). As spooge said, all you had to do was make them scan it. I asked how much the Doom CE was and he told me it was 50. He was being an ass, so I told him to scan it. He was like "oh, it's 29.99, you want it?" I said no and went my way.

I have a question, do these memory sticks only ring up that price at the register or at the price checkers too? I scanned one and it came up $39.99 and said promo but didn't show the $5 off.

The ones at my store in Portland, ME scanned as $7.98 PROMO, and when I went to purchase it it came up as $7.98 - $5 = $2.98. Not a bad deal IMHO.

[quote name='TimPV3']I have a question, do these memory sticks only ring up that price at the register or at the price checkers too? I scanned one and it came up $39.99 and said promo but didn't show the $5 off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the price checkers show the final price on them. That is really odd that it came up at ful-price without any discount.

[quote name='sp00ge']Yeah, the price checkers show the final price on them. That is really odd that it came up at ful-price without any discount.[/QUOTE]
It flashed PROMO like it was going to show the discounted price then just went to $39.99 again. I was hoping it was just because they still use the ticket system since it's an old school TRU, but considering it's 70 miles away I don't feel the urgancy to go back and check.

Also, anybody know if there's something going on with the PS2 HDD/Final Fantasy bundle? That flashed PROMO too.

[quote name='TimPV3']It flashed PROMO like it was going to show the discounted price then just went to $39.99 again. I was hoping it was just because they still use the ticket system since it's an old school TRU, but considering it's 70 miles away I don't feel the urgancy to go back and check.

Also, anybody know if there's something going on with the PS2 HDD/Final Fantasy bundle? That flashed PROMO too.[/QUOTE]

The Promo is the old Video Game promo. It was the promo that lets you get some of that free stuff that they were giving away before (the old DDR music cds, MGS Snake Eater DVDs, MAT2 that was free with Area 51, etc). That stuff.

seems the sales are over... our TRU took the price from 19.98 back to 39.99 and has pulled all the sale tags off the memory cards.... why would someone pay 40 for something that TRU couldnt even sell for 20... plain stupid

I've been asking for the past 5 days, and duos seem to be at regular price. Sucks :/

Any other good deals? I don't think I need 512MB+ yet IMO

I see 128 for $15. Might buy a few of those.

They must've realized the conflict between clearance prices and the $5 off sale... I hadn't heard anything regarding it though, and my TRU has been out of these for at least a week, if not longer.

I picked up one for $2.98 + tax , $3.16 .
They had 2 , marked @ $2.98 , but the store director [fancy name for manager] absolutely refused to sell me both because the price in the register [AKA god to them apparently] said it was $39.99 .
WTF .
I thought price tags were on merchandise to indicate the price !

bread's done
Back