TRU $15 GC with purchase of L.A. NOIRE

Vegatron

CAGiversary!
Like the title says, you get a $15 TRU gift card when you buy L.A. NOIRE, pretty sure its all week, starting Tuesday 5/17. Sorry if this posted already

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']Thank you TRU $45 for the game + 10 pre-order credit on day 1.[/QUOTE]

Explain please. Is this a old GC being used?

[quote name='Vegatron']Like the title says, you get a $15 TRU gift card when you buy L.A. NOIRE, pretty sure its all week, next week starting Tuesday. Sorry if this posted already[/QUOTE]

And I'm pretty sure it's the week after next week;)

[quote name='joshnorm']Explain please. Is this a old GC being used?[/QUOTE]

I have it pre-ordered at BB to get the $10 pre-order they'll deduct the $15 giftcard value directly from the $60 instead of giving a giftcard which I like better anyway. 2nd time this year I got MVC3 $45 + the pre-order credit.
Plus b/c the receipt will say $15 discount instead of price adjustment I'll still have 45 days to price match it down further hopefully kmart will assist here with a $40 sale.
Just need to find a giftcard deal on Brink & that'll be 11 games in a row this yr.

You're right prim4444, it is the week after next, I've been so busy lately, that I forget what the date is

No worries. I just didn't want some poor sap going into TRU next week looking like a fool. About next week, $15 gift card for Lego Pirates. I think Brink has a gc deal too, I will double check tomorrow.

I want LA Noire, but I can play that anytime since it's single-player. I want some Brink lovin'. Best deal is at Walmart with 4$ off and a 10$ GC - I don't shop at Walmart ever!

[quote name='yellowdog']I want LA Noire, but I can play that anytime since it's single-player. I want some Brink lovin'. Best deal is at Walmart with 4$ off and a 10$ GC - I don't shop at Walmart ever![/QUOTE]

Better deal
Price match the walmart deal get it for $50 + $10 pre-order credit plus you'll get RZ points too.

[quote name='Enuf']Better deal
Price match the walmart deal get it for $50 + $10 pre-order credit plus you'll get RZ points too.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so Best Buy is giving 500 RZ Points for pre-order? I dont see it on the Site, unless its only instore or something.

Either way, if they do match the 15$ gift card, ill definately go for a PM there

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wait, so Best Buy is giving 500 RZ Points for pre-order? I dont see it on the Site, unless its only instore or something.

Either way, if they do match the 15$ gift card, ill definately go for a PM there[/QUOTE]

Yep, brink, LA Noire, Red Faction & hunted the demon's forge all have $10 pre-order credits. I searched the kiosk & took down all the ones that were avail that I wanted a while ago. Gonna bump the thread with most of the pre-order offers. Cars 2 is listed on the RZ site already along with hunted the demons forge.

Wario64
quick price drops are great if your get tons of pre-order credit b/c once you price match you end up with same sale price along with the $10-$20 in credit instead of just the sale price.
Portal is $35 at kmart now I paid $60 got a $10 pre-order bonus + $10 instant giftcard with the price match I got $25 back. So $35 + $20 credit on day 1 same with MK $30 + $20 credit.

Ah cool, thanks ^_^. Was considering passing on LA Noire and Brink, though...i got 25$ worth of RZ Credit and am about to PM Portal 2 for 35$ (Instead of the 45$ i paid). Might end up getting them

Agree with Wario64 - I've been so hesitant to buy any new games recently, because it seems that within a week or two weeks after the games' release the price drops by a 1/3 or more. $60 down to $40, $35, $30 etc. I'm sure everyone here is like me and has a huge backlog of games they haven't gotten around to even starting much less completing and it really hurts when you add another game to that backlog and a week later it drops down in price and you haven't even taken the shrink wrap off.

Rockstar games tend to keep thier value for a while, though....Brink might end up tanking pretty quick. (Not saying its bad, but it seems to happen to damn near any game that isnt a super huge hit lately)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ah cool, thanks ^_^. Was considering passing on LA Noire and Brink, though...i got 25$ worth of RZ Credit and am about to PM Portal 2 for 35$ (Instead of the 45$ i paid). Might end up getting them[/QUOTE]

Hey once you can get a game for $30-$35 + credit on day 1 if you don't like it you'll always be able to sell the game & get most if not all of it back plus you keep the credit it's a no lose.

[quote name='Enuf']Hey once you can get a game for $30-$35 + credit on day 1 if you don't like it you'll always be able to sell the game & get most if not all of it back plus you keep the credit it's a no lose.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definately gonna get LA Noire. Also was able to PM my 45$ Portal (With the 10$ GC) for 39.99.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yeah, definately gonna get LA Noire. Also was able to PM my 45$ Portal (With the 10$ GC) for 39.99.[/QUOTE]

You didn't match kmart's $35?

Oh that fails, guess i HAVE to order something online now then. Why in the hell doesnt Best Buy have Dead or Alive Dimensions on thier site.....

Ew, emoticon fail. Damn you semi colons!

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']K-Mart giving $20 coupon with purchase of Brink and L.A. Noire.[/QUOTE]

LA Noire offers
Kmart $60 + $20 credit
TRU $60 + $15 giftcard
Best Buy $45(by price matching the TRU offer) + $10 credit
this game will drop to $40 w/i 45 days of release giving me another chance to price it again.

[quote name='Enuf']LA Noire offers
Kmart $60 + $20 credit
TRU $60 + $15 giftcard
this game will drop to $40 w/i 45 days of release giving me another chance to price it again.[/QUOTE]

Best deal for me would be the GameStop offer ending May 8th, trade 2 select games and get $50 credit towards L.A. Noire.

I traded in 2 of the listed games that I bought from GS pre-owned for $7.99 each after two $10 off coupons from Power Up Rewards. So about $16 + $10 on release day = $26 for the game plus applicable tax (no tax if I use all credit).

Also, you get 25% bonus credit on games traded toward L.A. Noire but there's sure to be a 50% bonus credit coupon you can get for points from the Power Up Rewards website. So it may end up costing me barely anything.

how is anyone planning on getting bb to match tru's gc? unless it's a print ad, my local bbs won't match

[quote name='klew']how is anyone planning on getting bb to match tru's gc? unless it's a print ad, my local bbs won't match[/QUOTE]

This will be in their weekly ad but not for 2 weeks the game comes out on 5/17.
BB should price match any local B&M you just need to prove the offer whether it's off your smartphone, printed off the stores website or the ad. It's up to the store to call & verify stock. If your denied after showing proof report the store to BB Corp. & their reps will do the legwork for you.

[quote name='Enuf']This will be in their weekly ad but not for 2 weeks the game comes out on 5/17.
BB should price match any local B&M you just need to prove the offer whether it's off your smartphone, printed off the stores website or the ad. It's up to the store to call & verify stock. If your denied after showing proof report the store to BB Corp. & their reps will do the legwork for you.[/QUOTE]

thx, enuf. yeah mine haven't honored electronic ads whether phone or website printout, but i usually get the printout so will keep an eye out. plus i'm not above getting mgmt involved if necessary. ; )

thank god I was among the group that managed to preorder it from Gohastings when the pc error had it at $30

[quote name='klew']thx, enuf. yeah mine haven't honored electronic ads whether phone or website printout, but i usually get the printout so will keep an eye out. plus i'm not above getting mgmt involved if necessary. ; )[/QUOTE]
All BB registers should be connected to the internet. The cashier should be able to just go online and look up the ad at TRU's website. That may be YMMV but Ive had them do that for me in the past

[quote name='SKEETER']Best deal for me would be the GameStop offer ending May 8th, trade 2 select games and get $50 credit towards L.A. Noire.

I traded in 2 of the listed games that I bought from GS pre-owned for $7.99 each after two $10 off coupons from Power Up Rewards. So about $16 + $10 on release day = $26 for the game plus applicable tax (no tax if I use all credit).

Also, you get 25% bonus credit on games traded toward L.A. Noire but there's sure to be a 50% bonus credit coupon you can get for points from the Power Up Rewards website. So it may end up costing me barely anything.[/QUOTE]

which games?

[quote name='RutgersKev']Has there ever been a huge sale on a Rockstar game shortly after release?[/QUOTE]

RDR was either $40 or $45 w/i 4-5 weeks after release

red dead release week deals:

45.00 +freeshipping buy.com
25.00 giftcard from toysrus when you buy the game for 59.99
20.00 amazon credit when you preorder it for 59.99

Does anyone know if walmart pricematches giftcard deals?
It comes with an extra case to solve if you get it from walmart which would be great if they give the same giftcard as toyrus will give.

what are the pre-order offers from BB? And they will actually pm that toysrus gift card offer but use it on the purchase of said game?

[quote name='Wario64']it'll probably be $30 within 2 weeks of release[/QUOTE]

What is the likely replay value? I am guessing it is low. So you may be right on the mark. I'll give it 6 months and be very happy I waited.

[quote name='element676']what is BB preorder offer? And BB will match the TRUS offer upon purchase towards the game?[/QUOTE]

$10 pre-order credit(500 bonus points) not sure what skins or dlc
If BB doesn't have a gc offer at the time of purchase they deduct the value off the $60 instead of giving the $15 BB gc.

[quote name='Llamaw00d']What is the likely replay value? I am guessing it is low. So you may be right on the mark. I'll give it 6 months and be very happy I waited.[/QUOTE]

there's no multiplayer but the single player should be lengthy if it's gonna be like GTA

also, if anyone is planning to get the x360 version, you should probably know that it's gonna be spanned on 3 discs.

[quote name='SKEETER']Best deal for me would be the GameStop offer ending May 8th, trade 2 select games and get $50 credit towards L.A. Noire.

Also, you get 25% bonus credit on games traded toward L.A. Noire but there's sure to be a 50% bonus credit coupon you can get for points from the Power Up Rewards website. So it may end up costing me barely anything.[/QUOTE]
I believe that's the best deal as well. I have borderlands goty edition ps3 disc version, and oblivion. I'm pretty sure the installed dlc works with the standard copy of oblivion and borderlands. So I'm going to get that La Noire for $16 and then trade it in for $30 $35 after I beat it. I'll be able to get those two games for around $10 a piece so that's not bad at all.

Brink & Lego POTC have a $15 giftcard offers too MX vs ATV Alive has a $5 giftcard offer but I would just wait for a $30 sale price unless there's a store offering pre-order credit.

I'll be price matching Brink $45 + $10 credit & lego POTC $25 at BB though rather save the upfront money instead.

Edit:the MX vs ATV alive $5 giftcard is in the ad but the website product page has $15 so $25 for the game using their website instead.

[quote name='Enuf']LA Noire offers
Kmart $60 + $20 credit
TRU $60 + $15 giftcard
this game will drop to $40 w/i 45 days of release giving me another chance to price it again.[/QUOTE]

So I'd need to pre-order L.A. Noire for the 500 bonus RZ pts ($10 value) and then bring the TRU ad and have them price match? How come it appears as a discount on the receipt as opposed to price adjustment? And how confident are you of BB price matching if it drops again within 45 days? And does all that apply even after opening and playing? Have you done it before? Just curious is all. I appreciate the help.

[quote name='theyoungfreshone']So I'd need to pre-order L.A. Noire for the 500 bonus RZ pts ($10 value) and then bring the TRU ad and have them price match? How come it appears as a discount on the receipt as opposed to price adjustment? And how confident are you of BB price matching if it drops again within 45 days? And does all that apply even after opening and playing? Have you done it before? Just curious is all. I appreciate the help.[/QUOTE]

Yes, pre-order then bring the ad when your going to buy the game.

I've never had the receipt show "price adjustment" when I pm on the spot only the dollar amount as "discount or sale" price. Price adjustments only show when a sale has already taken place & it only shows on the 2nd receipt.

If you a RZ silver member on the bottom of your receipt it says "congratulations! As an added benefit of being a RZ program silver member, you may return eligible products up to 45 days from the purchase date."

You only need the receipt to do a price match so an open game doesn't matter. I've done this with MK, Socom 4, Crysis 2, Portal 2, fight night champion, homefront & LBP2. I did this exact offer with MVC3 when TRU offered the $15 gc.
B/C of all the huge price drops generally from Kmart you have a great chance of getting most AAA titles for a $40 price match. And since ads leaked early on CAG I just plan ahead.
Amazon has great deals too but by the time I factor in
1-the regular RZ points
2-the 25% bonus points for being a silver member
3-gamers club points
4-BB is less than 3 miles from my house
5-45 day price match window
6-having the majority of my spending at 1 store always the points to stack faster
BB works out better/cheaper for me.

pretty much every four $40 price match games nets me $10 plus most of the games already came with $10 pre-order bonuses.
So 4 AAA titles on day 1 $160 + tax & $50 in credit basically and that doesn't take in account the $10 giftcard offer BB has had too.

I still think that the K-Mart deal is king here. In case some of you missed it, not only do you get a $20 coupon, you get any other game up to $19.99 for free instantly. There is a new list of price drops going into effect tomorrow and there's lots of great stuff $19.99 and less.

This is an effort to clear out old games so you can't just take $20 off newer games or points cards. The game has to be $19.99 or less. More details can be found in the K-Mart thread.

Thanks, Enuf. That was a huge help.

So yeah you're absolutely right it makes a ton of sense to do that since they essentially deduct from the MSRP the $15 you would have received in GC form from TRU creating instant savings which is even better IMO

My BB is always looking for a reason to give me some grief though, so if the receipt reads "discount or sale" price they'd probably say it was already on sale and whatnot so that excludes it from being price match/adjusted (a 2nd time). Worth a shot though.

chriscolbert might have a point that the K-Mart deal trumps the BB/TRU price match. At least for someone like myself whose exhausted all of their RZ certs and K-mart gaming coupons and is pretty much starting from scratch. I have some SYWR points though so applying that to the K-mart deal is probably best option for me.

At BB, I would pay $59.99-$15 PM = $44.99+tax = $48.98 - $10 Pre-order bonus = $38.98

At K-mart, I would pay $59.99+tax = $65.31 - $20 gaming coupon - Free game ($19.99 value) = $25.32

Both of you guys are immensely helpful. Thanks a lot.

how do i preorder from bestbuy to get the $10 giftcard. do i preorder from my rewardzone acct/online or do i have to go in the brick/mortar store and place my preorder.

thanks in advance.

how do i preorder from bestbuy to get the $10 giftcard. do i preorder from my rewardzone acct/online or do i have to go in the brick/mortar store and place my preorder.

thanks in advance.

So wait, if I preorder this from best buy, does the $10 bonus deduct from my LA Noire purchase, or will it just be $10 that goes on my rewards zone account that I can use for a future purchase?

Also, I too am wondering how to preorder from best buy. Can I go to the store and do it?

To simplify what I'm asking.... here... Basically, would it be, LA Noire= $60 - $15 from Tru PM = $45 - $10 from preorder = $35?
OR, $60- $15= $45 / with $10 being seperate for a future purcase.

bread's done
Back