TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a cool move by TRU as I did an in-store pickup on my way home from work yesterday but did not have time to look at the games I wanted to buy. I was planning on going after work today as this sale was scheduled to run for a while. I know it is not your fault Josh but TRU doesn't seem to be much better than Kmart sometimes... Very disappointed with the last minute change by TRU.
I can understand the frustration for sure, obviously I don't like making changes to my site either when stuff like that happens. Will hope and argue for that not to occur again.

I was super excited reading all this and doing the math but then i went back and noticed that WiiU isnt on the BOG40%. What gives?

Well, now to figure out what games I want. Stopped into TRU today for the first time ever in my area. (Living here for almost 2 years)

Very decent selection of games available, was somewhat impressed with the wide selection they had to offer.

Hey Josh will the Infinity deals be listed in the ad and do you know if the ad will be in sunday papers or on-line only? Also will the coupon they have on their website still stack with the deals? Do you know what would happen if I price match Target on the playsets that they have for $17.50? If I buy both on the same receipt would I end up getting one for $17.50 and the second for $8.75 because the TRU promo for B1G1 50% off promo will kick in?

Thanks

Hey Josh will the Infinity deals be listed in the ad and do you know if the ad will be in sunday papers or on-line only? Also will the coupon they have on their website still stack with the deals? Do you know what would happen if I price match Target on the playsets that they have for $17.50? If I buy both on the same receipt would I end up getting one for $17.50 and the second for $8.75 because the TRU promo for B1G1 50% off promo will kick in?

Thanks
When you price match, any sales attached to that item get voided. You'd have to have a pretty lenient manager to overide to get both price match and deal.

When you price match, any sales attached to that item get voided. You'd have to have a pretty lenient manager to overide to get both price match and deal.
Ok thanks didn't think it would stack. But if you do a price match will the 20% coupon still work on one of the items that got price matched?

Ok thanks didn't think it would stack. But if you do a price match will the 20% coupon still work on one of the items that got price matched?
It won't automatically, but pushing the coupon through should not be problem to get approved. Any supervisor or higher can do this..

It won't automatically, but pushing the coupon through should not be problem to get approved. Any supervisor or higher can do this..
Is your store planning on getting slammed first thing Sunday morning for this prim? I have to work so my wife is going to have to gather this all up for our son for him b-day.

This deal excludes Infinity and Skylander Starter packs. You might want to note that.
Seriously? well that blows, and now I have no need to use it. I may still pop in and pick up some figures and discs with those deals but since the only 3 games on my current list are Pikmin 3, Mario and Luigi 3DS, and Disney Infinity, this deal is useless for me :/ bummer really. I really have no desire to pay that much for disney infinity right now, so I guess I will have to play the waiting game.

Thanks for posting the Disney Infinity Deals! Assume I can't use the BOGO 50%off and the 20% off coupon at the same time can I? 

Meaning get 20% off one item, and 50% off the next item?

---

Also Josh, have you heard anything about the Toys R Us exclusive Lightning McQueen or power discs?

I'm wondering about the power discs. Are they excluded from the 50% off all Infinity items? So the deal is strictly B1G1 for $1?

If not, the deal on those would be 2.50 for one, plus a dollar (or 50 cents??) for the second.

Also, is there anything TrU exclusive at launch for Disney Infinity? Edit: to at least partially answer myself, the answer is apparently yes there will be some TrU exclusive power discs (available for pre order here)

And one more thing. I think this thing is going to catch on fire and sell like crazy. We'll see I guess. Reviews are up today I believe.

I'm wondering about the power discs. Are they excluded from the 50% off all Infinity items? So the deal is strictly B1G1 for $1?

If not, the deal on those would be 2.50 for one, plus a dollar (or 50 cents??) for the second.

Also, is there anything TrU exclusive at launch for Disney Infinity? Edit: to at least partially answer myself, the answer is apparently yes there will be some TrU exclusive power discs (available for pre order here)

And one more thing. I think this thing is going to catch on fire and sell like crazy. We'll see I guess. Reviews are up today I believe.
TRU will have 10 exclusive power discs mixed in with the 20 regular ones plus they will have some crystal versions of some characters mixed in the regular stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_Ej8vpZGQ8&list=PL02RKkMS5T4ih3VjZ3E57r4y4G1uxCtg3

Hey Josh, any idea on the stock for the TRU exclusive Lightning McQueen?  Will they be as abundant as the Legendary Skylanders?  I'm hoping to be able to find one on Sunday at a TRU Express.

At my store we got 2 cases (24 per case) of the exclusive Lightning.
You didn't get a chance to see how well stocked the other figures will be did you? Might there be one character that might be a little harder to find than the others? Also does your store plan on getting slammed first thing in the morning for this? It seems that stores are opening at 8:00 this Sunday is that just for this?

You didn't get a chance to see how well stocked the other figures will be did you? Might there be one character that might be a little harder to find than the others? Also does your store plan on getting slammed first thing in the morning for this? It seems that stores are opening at 8:00 this Sunday is that just for this?
Damn it... I may get it for my boys for Christmas (especially since we're going to Disney right beforehand) but I was going to put off buying it. If it's going to be a mad house trying to find this thing I may have to rethink and just pick it up early.

(saying damn it because if people are asking if it's going to be an issue many times it is).

Local tru pal told me what they had. He brought out a power disc pack to see if we could put them on the portal and figure out which one was in it.

No luck.

Okay, so three quick questions to the users here on Disney Infinity & Sale Offers

1) Does Toys R Us price match? (and do they price match via my phone?) I.E., Can I show the cashier at TRU Target's ad on my phone (Cars or Lone Ranger Playsets $17.49, regularly $34.99) and have them price match them, or will I need a physical ad? Or does TRU not price match at all?

2) If the above is true, would it combine with the "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off" deal? Can I get one Playset for $17.49 and the second for $8.75?

3) I'm guessing the printable 20% coupon on Disney Infinity merchandise coupon only applies to the cheapest item on the ticket, meaning that I'll have to ring the starter kit and play sets up separately to make sure the coupon isn't attempted to be taken off one of the play sets?

Okay, so three quick questions to the users here on Disney Infinity & Sale Offers

1) Does Toys R Us price match? (and do they price match via my phone?) I.E., Can I show the cashier at TRU Target's ad on my phone (Cars or Lone Ranger Playsets $17.49, regularly $34.99) and have them price match them, or will I need a physical ad? Or does TRU not price match at all?

2) If the above is true, would it combine with the "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off" deal? Can I get one Playset for $17.49 and the second for $8.75?

3) I'm guessing the printable 20% coupon on Disney Infinity merchandise coupon only applies to the cheapest item on the ticket, meaning that I'll have to ring the starter kit and play sets up separately to make sure the coupon isn't attempted to be taken off one of the play sets?
Unless something's changed recently, TRU does allow you to price match, but doesn't allow you to double dip that potato chip.

From another site.  Can't speak to validity:  

BREAKING NEWS for Toys R Us: On Sunday, EACH of the gold foil TRU Power Disc packs will contain a Mike's Car Disc, with the other being a random from Series 1. They are part of the BOGO $1 offer. I repeat: EACH pack will have a Mike's Car Disc. This is coming directly from a TRU representative who got an update this morning.

This makes sense of the fact that TRU has in their SKU listing 10 series of TRU discs... it looks like EACH of the 10 exclusives will be sold at different times this fall, probably part of special promotions or weekends. - See more at: http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=257&start=117#sthash.jQndV6O8.dpuf

This will probably sound dumb but this implies that 20$ coupon works on the starter kit. That would make TRU the best place by far to get it Sunday, right? I have some GS credit but could let it sit if the game is 60 bucks at TRU with other incentives.

This will probably sound dumb but this implies that 20$ coupon works on the starter kit. That would make TRU the best place by far to get it Sunday, right? I have some GS credit but could let it sit if the game is 60 bucks at TRU with other incentives.
I see no reason why the 20% off coupon wouldn't work on the starter kit. After all, it's pictured on the dang coupon.

From another site. Can't speak to validity:
BREAKING NEWS for Toys R Us: On Sunday, EACH of the gold foil TRU Power Disc packs will contain a Mike's Car Disc, with the other being a random from Series 1. They are part of the BOGO $1 offer. I repeat: EACH pack will have a Mike's Car Disc. This is coming directly from a TRU representative who got an update this morning.

This makes sense of the fact that TRU has in their SKU listing 10 series of TRU discs... it looks like EACH of the 10 exclusives will be sold at different times this fall, probably part of special promotions or weekends. - See more at: http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=257&start=117#sthash.jQndV6O8.dpuf
Interesting and good news if true. It means we won't be beating our heads against the wall trying to get the TRU exclusives in addition to the other rare discs.

I see no reason why the 20% off coupon wouldn't work on the starter kit. After all, it's pictured on the dang coupon.
But will the 20% coupon work with the preorder bonus of the free figure and power discs? I'm guessing they won't because that's how TRU usually does things.

But will the 20% coupon work with the preorder bonus of the free figure and power discs? I'm guessing they won't because that's how TRU usually does things.
What I think might happen is they will take the value of the free promo items off the total of the starter pack on your receipt for return purposes. Which would be $13.99(figure) and $4.99(Power Discs) and the 20% would come off the rest which is $56.00. That would still save you $11.20 off the total making the starter pack with the bonuses $63.89 there.

With the 20% off coupon, does that work on whatever is scanned immediately prior or does it automatically apply to the cheapest item?

The coupon will automatically be applied to the highest priced item that is eligible.

I'm fairly certain I saw each figure was pretty close as quantiy went. The one good thing is all the figures will have their own unique item number and not come in assortments like Skylanders, so looking for a specific figure will be easier.

My store is getting a lot of calls asking about the 8AM opening. TRU will also be pushing for in store pick ups (Infinity will be live online at midnight tomorrow) and sent communication to stores to make sure these orders get processed before the store opens on Sunday.

Edit: Some stores may run out of Starter packs early. After all our pre orders were sorted today, my store only has 1 360, 2 WiiU, 2 Wii to sell. Plenty of PS3 and 3DS.

Edit: Some stores may run out of Starter packs early. After all our pre orders were sorted today, my store only has 1 360, 2 WiiU, 2 Wii to sell. Plenty of PS3 and 3DS.
Wow, that's ridiculous for the 360. Any idea on the amount of the crystal one your store got?

What I think might happen is they will take the value of the free promo items off the total of the starter pack on your receipt for return purposes. Which would be $13.99(figure) and $4.99(Power Discs) and the 20% would come off the rest which is $56.00. That would still save you $11.20 off the total making the starter pack with the bonuses $63.89 there.
I'm hoping it will work like intended or something like you said but I recently bought a LEGO set that had a free minifig ($3.19 value) and I couldn't use a coupon too. All because it is "regular" price after a freebie.

I'm fairly certain I saw each figure was pretty close as quantiy went. The one good thing is all the figures will have their own unique item number and not come in assortments like Skylanders, so looking for a specific figure will be easier.

My store is getting a lot of calls asking about the 8AM opening. TRU will also be pushing for in store pick ups (Infinity will be live online at midnight tomorrow) and sent communication to stores to make sure these orders get processed before the store opens on Sunday.

I guess all the promos on these will go live on midnight than also? How will the 20% off coupon stack with that? Any restrictions with the "free figure" when you pick up the preordered starter set? I heard that the "Crystal" Lightning McQueens will not be allowed. Is that true?

I'm hoping it will work like intended or something like you said but I recently bought a LEGO set that had a free minifig ($3.19 value) and I couldn't use a coupon too. All because it is "regular" price after a freebie.
Right now I just want to get all this crap the first day and be done with it. I am at the point I don't even care if the coupon stacks.

The way the system works, when you get an item that comes with a gift with purchase, when the GWP item is scanned, it makes the regular price item now a sale item in order to get the item free.

The coupon will get denied at first, but the store "should" override the coupon as policy now is more linient in situations like this. If they don't, just ask to speak to a manager.

I guess all the promos on these will go live on midnight than also? How will the 20% off coupon stack with that? Any restrictions with the "free figure" when you pick up the preordered starter set? I heard that the "Crystal" Lightning McQueens will not be allowed. Is that true?
As far as I know, it's any figure up to $13.99 I believe. As long as the Mcqueen is that price, it should be no problem. I don't know the price of the figure at the moment.

As far as I know, it's any figure up to $13.99 I believe. As long as the Mcqueen is that price, it should be no problem. I don't know the price of the figure at the moment.
Don't really want to pre-buy the other stuff on Sunday night since that will screw us up from hitting the $100.00 level to get the extra $10.00 with our TRU card. How hard would a return rebuy be once we add are starter pack into the mix.

Would like to end up with:

Starter Pack-$75.00

Free Figure

Free Power Disc Pack

TRU Exclusive Power Disc Folder-$9.99

6 Packs of Power Discs- $18.00

4 More Figures-$42.00

Cars Play-set-$17.50 (PMed to Target)

So that's $162.50 total before I try and use the 20% coupon plus than the extra $10.00 off bonus from using the TRU card.

Don't really want to pre-buy the other stuff on Sunday night since that will screw us up from hitting the $100.00 level to get the extra $10.00 with our TRU card. How hard would a return rebuy be once we add are starter pack into the mix.

Would like to end up with:

Starter Pack-$75.00

Free Figure

Free Power Disc Pack

TRU Exclusive Power Disc Folder-$9.99

6 Packs of Power Discs- $18.00

4 More Figures-$42.00

Cars Play-set-$17.50 (PMed to Target)

So that's $162.50 total before I try and use the 20% coupon plus than the extra $10.00 off bonus from using the TRU card.
You are aware that the 20% off coupon is only for one item right?

You are aware that the 20% off coupon is only for one item right?
Yep I am, but I am still thinking if it works on the starter pack its going to save me at least another $10.00. But with all the promos stacking on one receipt I am not counting on it working.

You should probably buy everything else on a separate transaction.
If I do that I will lose out on saving the extra $10.00 for using mu TRU on a $100.00 Infinity purchase.

I already think I am going to need to PM the playset on a separate transaction since PM'ing usually wipes all other promos away.

Definitely going to make use of at the least the B1G1 for $1 for the power discs.  Maybe I'll even pick up some extra characters--it would be a whole lot easier if the game was launching with characters I really wanted.

I like how one cag was like "Disney infinity is too expensive and they priced themselves out of a hit." Judging by this thread, these things are going to sell like hot cakes.

Now I gotta wonder whether to sit on the sidelines for a bit of jump in before all the resellers snatch up the exclusives.

Sounds like TRU is the best bet on day 1. Hmmmmm.

My wife has to go to get the stuff since I have to work. But they told her yesterday when she stopped to get diapers they expect it to be almost "Black Friday" like in the video game area when they open.

bread's done
Back