TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought about super Mario 3d world and a pa4 controller even though I don't have a ps4 (thinking about using it with pc, really hope they can get mouse support for the trackpad).

Does anyone think there will be discounts on the controllers (say $45) in the near future on Ebay? Kinda like 360 controllers in the past.

-edit, wow I really screwed this post up on my phone.
Anyone want to answer this now that it is actually coherent?

They sent me the offers for the rest of the month, updated the thread. Smart moves going hot on DI and Skylanders for Christmas on their part. Next-Gen sale is ok through I wish the B1G1 40% off was pulled up a week personally.

Hmm, would this work:

Toys R Us, through Newegg.com, is selling the Wii U Skylanders Swap Force bundle for $219.99.  I wonder if one could price match the same bundle at a Toys R Us B&M and receive the $25 gift card on top of it?

^ You would need an override for the PM; and although it is TRU selling the console through the newegg marketplace I still think you'd get shot down... and even if they approved the PM the gift card would get dropped by the computer so they'd have to approve that as well. Chances would be extremely low.

If anybody is looking for The Pinball Arcade for PS4 I can confirm TRU has it in stock . I got mine today for. $35 with the $5 off for any ps4 game.

For some reason The Pinball Arcade doesn't show up anywhere else yet .

If anybody is looking for The Pinball Arcade for PS4 I can confirm TRU has it in stock . I got mine today for. $35 with the $5 off for any ps4 game.

For some reason The Pinball Arcade doesn't show up anywhere else yet .
Thanks for posting. I went and picked The Pinball Arcade up. Love some of these old tables. I didn't even realize this was a physical release; thought it was just on PSN.

Does anyone know a reason Toys R Us would be refusing all online price marching? The website says they match certain websites but the manager said they are not currently matching anything online.

So just to be clear, on the 26th it's B1/G40% off ALL games right...no disclaimers? That includes X-Bone and PS4? I have a $50 GC burning a hole in my wallet and I've love to get ACIV and Marvel Lego both total for $50+.

Does anyone know a reason Toys R Us would be refusing all online price marching? The website says they match certain websites but the manager said they are not currently matching anything online.
It is probably just the manager at that store being an ass and not doing so.

My store is still currently price matching most online sites.

Not really sure what happened, but I bought the Skylanders Wii U in store on Sunday and received the $25 gift card.

Today, I ended up buying some Giants and Swap Force figurines online and used the $25 gift card, but it deducted $50. I checked my receipt from Sunday and definitely received a $25 gift card according to the text on it.

I guess it makes me feel a bit better about embarking down the dark path of Skylanders.

Not really sure what happened, but I bought the Skylanders Wii U in store on Sunday and received the $25 gift card.

Today, I ended up buying some Giants and Swap Force figurines online and used the $25 gift card, but it deducted $50. I checked my receipt from Sunday and definitely received a $25 gift card according to the text on it.

I guess it makes me feel a bit better about embarking down the dark path of Skylanders.
They're doing a BOGO online for some figurines today; might be instore too?

Does anyone know of an instore inventory checker? I was looking at getting the Swapforce Wii U, and their site says I can pick it up in store today but I called yesterday and they said they didn't have any..

TRU should have ran the 40% off deal through the end of the year like Frontburner said.  I probably would have pulled the trigger on a couple of more PS4 games and/or controller/PS camera.

Sorry Josh, but this deal is BS. Most major retailers (even WalMart, for Christ sake) sell most ps4/one games for $50...making your deal redundant and conniving. $100 for two games from amazon? Or drive to TRU for $100 plus tax and deal with employees. Hmmm. Hard choice...

Man, my Toys R Us is cleaned out of most worthwhile Skylanders.  They seem to only have one "swappable" type in stock (the bird one).

Does the BUY1 G1 40% off promotion work with price matched games as well? I went to Toysrus today to price match 2 3ds games for 20 each and asked for the promo. They said they didn't allow it or some bs. -_-

I didn't see any fine print saying price matches don't combine with that promotion, and the employees took about 20 + minutes to get one of my items price matched. It's hard to believe they know what's going on in their store.it
it is almost common knowledge in any store you can't pricematch then get a deal. that is considered double dipping. it isn't bs at all

Sorry if this was asked before, been a bit since I've been here.. did they remove search per thread?

Anyway.. will Best Buy price match the BOGO 40%?

Want a few 3DS games (Link Between Worlds and Pokemon X) and this seems the cheapest way, but my Toys R Us has pretty meh game selection and I think they might be sold out of X.

just a headsup

got my TRU december email today and a 20% off any regular priced game coupon was in it. ymmv of course.

I have a coupon for 20% off a video game purchase from TRU Rewards- will that stack with the B1G1 40% off?

Wouldn't be bad to pick up a pair of 3DS games for around $50 with my $5 rewards. haha.

TRU keeps alternating between B1G1 40% to B2G $20 back every other week. These pretty much yield the same savings (save for a buck or two given a certain tax policy)...what's the point? So that people who can't do math get snubbed? Lol

TRU will never win on this site since they are consistently overpriced on most items. Until they stop charging $1-5 over MSRP for everything I will not be shopping there.

One would believe so. My understanding is that he was serving as a consultant and advising TRU on their videogame sales strategy, however he wasn't in an internal position the way he previously was at K-mart. Once he requested that Cheapy unsticky the TRU thread, I think it was a clear sign that things weren't looking too bright.

Interestingly, the TRU videogame deals have all but dried up and, as a personal experience, I ended up wasting my last 2 $15 off $60 coupons because Best Buy was consistently providing better prices on games. That's been rather disappointing, but I guess TRU is back to being pre-FrontBurnr TRU ... sigh

Guess SHC and now TRU doesn't care about the video game community. Or is it the exploitation of deals. Probably why we can't have nice things.

Josh is still active on Twitter though.

TRU doesn't need to care because they have tons of soccer moms who will come in and buy things at full price as a gift for their kids or for a gift for another kid. They don't need sales since they are the only toy store left basically and people will buy from them no matter what.

TRU has had a bunch of deals, but it's all for $20 and under games. And the TMNT and Angry Birds games that ends in an hour or so.

I was wondering what happened to this thread. RIP.

......I wonder if that TMNT/Angry Birds "deal" a couple months ago has anything to do with it, or if it was a sort of "swan song" for FrontBurnr...

... not good deals lately, just the same mediocre shovelware deals they were doing before Josh got involved
Lego Marvel for $19.99/$29.99 (weather messed with their shipments, if things had gone as planned, would have probably been a restock of them later in the week), COD Ghosts for $29.99 currently, $10 GC with the new Donkey Kong this coming weekend. Not saying they're amazing deals by any means, but I hardly call those shovelware deals.

Guess SHC and now TRU doesn't care about the video game community. Or is it the exploitation of deals. Probably why we can't have nice things.
Josh is still active on Twitter though.
Kmart & TRU are kinda the most outta touch store in regards to gaming. Kmart is truly blah in ever way compared to Walmart/Target their stores still look like it`s 1990. And TRU still wants $60 something for the street fighter 4 CE.

TRU doesn't need to care because they have tons of soccer moms who will come in and buy things at full price as a gift for their kids or for a gift for another kid. They don't need sales since they are the only toy store left basically andpeople. will buy from them no matter what.
I don`t know it`s the soccer moms that are the extreme couponers & stuff. I think BabiesRus is what keeps them afloat Walmart`s seem to have the soccer moms vote & then target.

Most TRU's here are a combined Babies R Us and Toys R Us. Other than department stores they are the only toy store around here. When I was little every where there was a toy store, but now there are none. The market for toys is really shrinking, but every house I go over with kids, there are piles and piles of toys. So someone is clearly buying them.

Again I am not sure who is shopping at Babies R US, they are more expensive than most places. There is so much baby stuff available second hand here for a fraction of the cost of new I have no idea who would shop at a pricey store for it. Especially if you are having a kid, that will suck all the money away from you and who will outgrow everything you buy for them in a matter of a week. I know some things have to be bought new due to safety regulations but still there is an awful lot of second hand stuff that is in like new condition that can still be used. I think it would take less time to find second hand things than it would be to go to Babies R Us to buy new, pricey things.

I agree that Walmart and Target seem to get the soccer mom votes. What really gets the votes from me is the grocery stores, all our grocery stores double coupons here up to 99 cents I think, and they have promotions and sales which Walmart does not. Due to this I can get most things at the grocery stores for less than the cost of items at Walmart. Target also has good promotions and sales and you can stack mobile coupons, manufacturer coupons and target coupons for great deals. There are entire blogs dedicated to couponing at Target. Walmart does not have free in-store wifi, Target does. I also went to Walmart over Christmas once, and I realized that most of the items cost more there than even the regular price at the grocery store without coupons or any discounts so I am clearly not saving money by shopping there. Therefore I just shop at the grocery store now. Any savings I might find at Walmart are negated by the shopping experience, which is quite possibly the WORST shopping experience of my life. Walmart used to be OK, but I have no idea what happened, its just so terrible I can't even bear to go in the store.

Toys R Us is just not in close enough proximity for me to be dealing with it regularly. That is another problem. I also do not get their ads in our Sunday paper. Sure I can look online, but it seems there are a lot of sales that are only advertised in the store or through email, which I don't get.

I do not have a problem with the shopping experience at TRU (unless its Black Friday), I was in one over the weekend, and one clerk clearly went above and beyond to help me, moreso than I have seen at any retail store ever in my life. Unfortunately their corporate policies and jacking up of the cost of items ruins the store.

Lego Marvel for $19.99/$29.99 (weather messed with their shipments, if things had gone as planned, would have probably been a restock of them later in the week), COD Ghosts for $29.99 currently, $10 GC with the new Donkey Kong this coming weekend. Not saying they're amazing deals by any means, but I hardly call those shovelware deals.
True, the LEGO Marvel deal was good but it did seem like lack of stock made it much less appealing, regardless of the issues behind the shipping delays. They're sort of trying but it's not the hard press I saw before Christmas with pre-order bonuses, etc. I had hoped they were ramping up the competition but it sort of petered out.

Most TRU's here are a combined Babies R Us and Toys R Us. Other than department stores they are the only toy store around here. When I was little every where there was a toy store, but now there are none. The market for toys is really shrinking, but every house I go over with kids, there are piles and piles of toys. So someone is clearly buying them.

Again I am not sure who is shopping at Babies R US, they are more expensive than most places. There is so much baby stuff available second hand here for a fraction of the cost of new I have no idea who would shop at a pricey store for it. Especially if you are having a kid, that will suck all the money away from you and who will outgrow everything you buy for them in a matter of a week. I know some things have to be bought new due to safety regulations but still there is an awful lot of second hand stuff that is in like new condition that can still be used. I think it would take less time to find second hand things than it would be to go to Babies R Us to buy new, pricey things.

I agree that Walmart and Target seem to get the soccer mom votes. What really gets the votes from me is the grocery stores, all our grocery stores double coupons here up to 99 cents I think, and they have promotions and sales which Walmart does not. Due to this I can get most things at the grocery stores for less than the cost of items at Walmart. Target also has good promotions and sales and you can stack mobile coupons, manufacturer coupons and target coupons for great deals. There are entire blogs dedicated to couponing at Target. Walmart does not have free in-store wifi, Target does. I also went to Walmart over Christmas once, and I realized that most of the items cost more there than even the regular price at the grocery store without coupons or any discounts so I am clearly not saving money by shopping there. Therefore I just shop at the grocery store now. Any savings I might find at Walmart are negated by the shopping experience, which is quite possibly the WORST shopping experience of my life. Walmart used to be OK, but I have no idea what happened, its just so terrible I can't even bear to go in the store.

Toys R Us is just not in close enough proximity for me to be dealing with it regularly. That is another problem. I also do not get their ads in our Sunday paper. Sure I can look online, but it seems there are a lot of sales that are only advertised in the store or through email, which I don't get.

I do not have a problem with the shopping experience at TRU (unless its Black Friday), I was in one over the weekend, and one clerk clearly went above and beyond to help me, moreso than I have seen at any retail store ever in my life. Unfortunately their corporate policies and jacking up of the cost of items ruins the store.
The only thing good about babies r us is they will price match ANY price...basically any website for baby stuff they will pm. They also let you use coupons off pm'ed stuff etc...

bread's done
Back