TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, is there any final word on if it's actually a $25 gift card or just the prima guide? I suppose I'll find out in about an hour anyway, just want to know what I can expect.

So, is there any final word on if it's actually a $25 gift card or just the prima guide? I suppose I'll find out in about an hour anyway, just want to know what I can expect.
Yeah, the 'word' was final last week when He posted the deal. In-store signage should indicate that you get the Gift Card, not a guide. There was no guide available at release to honor the offer.

My TRU couldn't get the gift card to work, but they knew of the deal so they just charged $34.99 for the game and didn't even make me get a gift card.  Which was better for me anyway, so I had a smooth experience.

Called a different one and they seem to do it. Weird that its not standard across all franchises.
Every story received the information, if there is a particular store that isn't, definitely DM me and I'll shoot it to the corporate office.

Any chance someone could post a pic of any in-store signage? It would be greatly appreciated and may help assist in a price match....thanks in advance.

Called my store and they said they're doing the GC. Even had a little sign up in store promoting it. They only had a few copies of each system, so I'm guessing since TRU is offering a GC now, they have purposely limited supply (limit their losses). 

No gift card at my store, they aren't doing anything but a rain check. Total fail.

EDIT - I was told there's no strategy guide and there's nothing they will do other than give a raincheck for it when it comes in.  I asked about the gift card and they said they are not honoring that.

Was there a 30% off clearance deal last week, or was all of this a figment of my dreams? o_O I went in today thinking this was going on this week, but nope, it's buy one get one 40% off etc.

No gift card at my store, they aren't doing anything but a rain check. Total fail.

EDIT - I was told there's no strategy guide and there's nothing they will do other than give a raincheck for it when it comes in. I asked about the gift card and they said they are not honoring that.
did you try to purchase? the gift card should come up automatically during the sale.

did you try to purchase? the gift card should come up automatically during the sale.
I didn't, I went next door to Best Buy and bought it. The salesperson was rude and wasn't giving my business to them.

I asked about it coming up in the register and she said she sold several copies earlier and nothing comes up. I did not see it for myself though.

Just left TRU. No copies of NCAA 14(not even a tag for it on the shelf). HOWEVER, they did have NCAA 12 for the great price of $59.99!

This is precisely why I injected my concern regarding this deal several days ago, and quite politely asked what the recourse would be in the inevitable event where the employees would not authorize this deal. Of course, my cautiously presented query was answered with hostility and sarcasm.

In the future, we'll all know that no deal is legitimate unless we have verified documentation; especially from potentially one of the worst retailers in the nation - Toys R Us. 

p.s. It should be noted that any search for rectification through the corporate number requires a 3-5 business day response window. Good luck dealing with this horrible company. 

I just got out of the store. As soon as she rang it up it said PROMO on the card pad and said said it comes with a gift card. You should at least have them ring it up.

This is precisely why I injected my concern regarding this deal several days ago, and quite politely asked what the recourse would be in the inevitable event where the employees would not authorize this deal. Of course, my cautiously presented query was answered with hostility and sarcasm.

In the future, we'll all know that no deal is legitimate unless we have verified documentation; especially from potentially one of the worst retailers in the nation - Toys R Us.

p.s. It should be noted that any search for rectification through the corporate number requires a 3-5 business day response window. Good luck dealing with this horrible company.
Unfortunately, some isolated locations have not executed the promotion correctly, but as you'll notice the majority have in fact promoted the offer without a problem. The offer should ring up automatically, regardless of the employee knowledge or mistake. If in fact the offer does present an issue at a particular store you can contact service and also alert me directly via DM and I'll forward the information to the main sales/buying team to reach out to the store.

My GS gave me 2 options, $20 off instantly or a $25 gc. I took the gc since I paid with trade credit. Ended up getting a $27 gc. Just had to call To us R Us and confirm on speaker :)

I just went to my local TRU and when the clerk rang up the PS3 NCAA 14, the system automagically added the 25 dollar gift card.  No questions asked, easy peasy.  Thanks for the info FrontBurnr, I was not even thinking of getting it at TRU until I saw this post this morning!

Had no problems getting my GC. They only had 4-5 360 copies left on the shelf 30 minutes after the store opened, though (same with PS3 ), and the clerk mentioned that 2-3 people had already done the deal before me.

My Toys R Us honored the gift card, but they sold out of the PS3 within an hour! I didn't get a chance to go because of work. However, went to Bestbuy on lunch and they honored in store. Actually, they gave me $25 off instead of a gift card! So I walked out with NCAA 14 for $37!

My store was advertising the $25 GC but when they rang it up they tried to give me a GC that had an expiration date of 8/2/13. I asked for a different one and they said no and called a manager over. The manager told the cashier to give me one with an expiration of November (the blue card not the purple). Manager walks away and the cashier can't find a blue one so she tells me they are out and she can only give me the one that expires in 3 weeks. I politely ask her get the manager back over, and the manager hears the complaint and comes right back with the November cards. They were nice about it, so I'm not complaining. Just a mix up I suppose, but an example of needing to get everyone on the same page.

For what it's worth, the deal got me in the store when I would've purchased it somewhere else, and I bought two $19.99 games while I was there in addition (with the 40% off)

Josh- seems like this deal will sell out by the end of the day at several locations. Any idea if there will be a restock by week's end?

For a lot of the newbies here, do not ask about the gift card deal. The register is automatic.You'll end up wasting your time if you run across a misinformed employee that will just assume to say no without even checking.

Josh- seems like this deal will sell out by the end of the day at several locations. Any idea if there will be a restock by week's end?

For a lot of the newbies here, do not ask about the gift card deal. The register is automatic.You'll end up wasting your time if you run across a misinformed employee that will just assume to say no without even checking.
Great question, will definitely ask.

Local store got 1 PS3, 4 X360. This is a primary store in Sacramento. The burbs got 4/4 they said. Crazy shortage IMO.

Let me say this too. I think a $20 gift card on day one purchase and $10 gift cards the rest of the week would be a great idea. However, you need to make sure you have enough stock to accommodate the deal. This deal will definitely end by the close of business today. The stores sound like they will not get any additional stock.

I just picked this up at the Willow Grove (PA) Toys 'R Us.  PS3; they had a little sign in the case advertising the $25 gift card, got it no problem.  They had a couple 360 versions still but I think I got the last PS3 copy (no more in the case).

Local store got 1 PS3, 4 X360. This is a primary store in Sacramento. The burbs got 4/4 they said. Crazy shortage IMO.

Let me say this too. I think a $20 gift card on day one purchase and $10 gift cards the rest of the week would be a great idea. However, you need to make sure you have enough stock to accommodate the deal. This deal will definitely end by the close of business today. The stores sound like they will not get any additional stock.
I'm not sure how many they purchased for launch but can definitely follow up on stock positioning and how quickly they can respond. That does seem really light.

My Toys R Us honored the gift card, but they sold out of the PS3 within an hour! I didn't get a chance to go because of work. However, went to Bestbuy on lunch and they honored in store. Actually, they gave me $25 off instead of a gift card! So I walked out with NCAA 14 for $37!
How did you prove the deal to them? Did you have them call ToysRUs to confirm? I'm thinking about PM'ing @ Best Buy but I can't find it on the site or the weekly ad.

on BBs site it says the dont match free GCs offers but Im sure it was close and he had a picure or something.

I thought BB used to have it on their site to match these offers?

on BBs site it says the dont match free GCs offers but Im sure it was close and he had a picure or something.

I thought BB used to have it on their site to match these offers?
Every time I PM a gift card deal @ Best Buy, I always succeed.

How did you prove the deal to them? Did you have them call ToysRUs to confirm? I'm thinking about PM'ing @ Best Buy but I can't find it on the site or the weekly ad.
They just called. The manager lady in the games department was really nice. Here is my receipt:

9iyats.jpg

I called my local TRU store and they had one copy of the PS3 and XBox version left so I asked them to hold the PS3 version for me since I live half an hour away.  Got to the store and picked it up without any issues and got a regular gift card without expiration.  

I'm just glad I called first versus making the drive to the store and hoping it would be there.  

Unfortunately, some isolated locations have not executed the promotion correctly, but as you'll notice the majority have in fact promoted the offer without a problem. The offer should ring up automatically, regardless of the employee knowledge or mistake. If in fact the offer does present an issue at a particular store you can contact service and also alert me directly via DM and I'll forward the information to the main sales/buying team to reach out to the store.
Thanks for your help and continued willingness to resolve theses issues. I live in Phoenix, AZ (not too isolated!); so I was fortunate in that I could pursue this deal at all of the 6 stores in the area. Thankfully, one of the stores relatively proximal to me was eventually contacted by corporate (at my behest) and eventually honored the deal. It was a pretty exhaustive drive and a process of a few hours over the phone, but eventually I just wanted to receive this deal on principle! After 5 distinct store attempts, two calls to corporate, and many hours on the phone, the deal was recognized.

Thanks again for your help. Hopefully the communication streams in Toys R US are vastly improved in the future!

Just came back from BB with a successful PM from the TRU deal. I called TRU to have them confirm it. I used my $30 cert so I got it for 30 and some change in addition to the $25 gift card. Good day if I say so myself....

Went in and got my copy and $25 gift card rang up just fine. They had a few left, don't think too many knew about the deal in my area.
Same. The store here in Silverdale, WA (military city) is tinnnnyyy, lol. Asked the guy who grabbed it out of the display case for me and he said he's only sold a couple all day, for both systems.

grabbed the last 360 copy in my store (at least that was in the display case). the kid who got the game out for me mentioned the gift card instead of guide unprompted. did get a promo gift card.

My toys r us had signs up and 6 copies of each when I stopped in at around 5pm. Got my $25 GC no problem. Grabbed PS3 copy for the first time since NCAA 2010....can't decide if I want the ps3 or 360 copy....lhavent opened yet. Wish someone would review and speak of the differences in detail.

From the demo I could tell the sound was WAY better on PS3, but couldn't figure out other differences...

bread's done
Back