TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a bunch of babies. I understand the frustration about the giftcard and everything but even so, everyone knows josh will make it right. He's working to get us deals and people should be more patient/ show more respect.

Josh, thanks for the work you have been doing.

Can you let them know that the Disney Infiinity Power pack 2 for $6 is not working instore. Thanks.

So we defiantly have to head back to Toys R Us to get the $10? I drove to two, both had no idea till I came back here to see this problem.

Just left TRU with GTA V and Midnight Club, no mention of any gift card. I don't care too much because the free game still made this the best deal, but it was still a bummer.

What a bunch of babies. I understand the frustration about the giftcard and everything but even so, everyone knows josh will make it right. He's working to get us deals and people should be more patient/ show more respect.

Josh, thanks for the work you have been doing.

Can you let them know that the Disney Infiinity Power pack 2 for $6 is not working instore. Thanks.
What Liquid Metal said. I know everyone is in a rush to get the game and play it, but it is not a reason to be disrespectful.

I ended up going with Target (pricematched Walmarts ad flub). I'll definitely try TRU again on the next gaming purchase. Thanks to Josh for the work you did on this deal. Hopefully the next will be smoother.

Updated the OP with the gift card link. Trying to work with them on what to do with anyone that had issues this morning and will hopefully have more info soon.
Cant wait to hear back from ya Josh as I already picked up my copy and the free game, heres hoping for good news!

Just left TRU with GTA V and Midnight Club, no mention of any gift card. I don't care too much because the free game still made this the best deal, but it was still a bummer.
free game thats 15 bucks on amazon.... not the best deal....

Special edition at target for 59.96 after PM and 5% discount was the best deal. 5% came out to be like 4$ cheaper. Special edition is normally 79.99

By far a better deal

Special edition at target for 59.96 after PM and 5% discount was the best deal. 5% came out to be like 4$ cheaper. Special edition is normally 79.99

By far a better deal
Assuming that you have a physical copy of the ad, which I don't since they don't include one in my local newspaper except for Black Friday.

what did they say? did you not have the AD?

They asked "PM to what?" I said WM & two people immediately said they wouldn't PM WM & that WM issued a price correction.

I got the same...I think they made a warning to all Targets. I was told from CS at Target that it was an error of pricing at Walmart. I'm gonna try another target later only because it is on my way to work.

I also got shot down at Fry's, of all places I thought they would honor a printed ad. Anyways. The thrill of the hunt makes this pretty fun.

what did they say? did you not have the AD?

I got the same...I think they made a warning to all Targets. I was told from CS at Target that it was an error of pricing at Walmart. I'm gonna try another target later only because it is on my way to work.

I also got shot down at Fry's, of all places I thought they would honor a printed ad. Anyways. The thrill of the hunt makes this pretty fun.
wow I feel lucky now :D

A coworker just got back from TRU he had to get a manager to get the free Rockstar game. They refused the $10 GC.
The person said he was the only one that knew about the free game and asked for it.

WTF? Did you talk to the manager? That's some BS you had to deal with... sounds like someone that had no idea what they're talking about
No. I just left. I might go back after work and try again. Maybe someone else will be there who can help me.

Yeah, the girl at Fry's said that the Special Edition at walmart was $59.99 only because it was a midnight release. I told her no it wasn't and she said it was on the ad. I told her that the game was to be released on midnight. Then she said the game is not in stock at walmart and it had to be in stock. I didn't want to make a scene so I left.

wow I feel lucky now :D

Updated the OP with the gift card link. Trying to work with them on what to do with anyone that had issues this morning and will hopefully have more info soon.
josh i hope toys r us knows you are the reason for spikes in game sales.

i got shot down for $10 gift card and told i could have red dead or gta4 funny no other rockstar games were in the case lol. guessing you could get us sorted out cause im not making another trip back.

they also had no idea about the 10% Credit on all purchases they scanned my card so im hoping that works without more work.

the ncaa 14 and xbox360 e console deals at this store was posted and easy i hope this bump will be taken care of and not the norm. crack the whip :)

Just had the same experience at the Toys R Us at Morena Blvd. in CA. The Assistant Manager refused to give the free game and the $10 gift card. He said "it errodes our margins too much". I tried loading the coupon from the link on the OP but it wouldn't load on my phone. Did this on my lunch break so I didn't have any time to argue. Really disappointed. I guess the idea of repeat business or customer service didn't shine on this particular manager. I remember buying a lot of games at TRU last year, it kind of dwindled a bit and I thought the good deals were coming back. Now I'm upset that I cancelled my pre-order at Best Buy, could have just gotten the $10 credit there and used the $10 I had from another pre-order. I'm not saying I'm "boycotting" TRU just yet, but this was a really bad "first experience" going back into this store. 

Went to my local TRU at opening. Only other guy there to purchase GTAV was a store employee on his off day. He had the Twiiter link up on his phone to show his colleague (who didn't know about it who then called the manager (who did know about it). They had a cart full of Rockstar game so I grabbed Max Payne 3 for 360. Got both games and the gift card without issue for $64.

Success. I had a very friendly clerk who scanned the coupon off my phone for the gift card. I got a 360 and PS3 copy so she did it for both games. Walked out with 2 GTAV's, Red Dead and GTAIV, and 2 gift cards.

The person in front of me was getting GTA with his mom and she started talking to me so I told her about the coupon. She couldn't find it so the clerk scanned it for her too off of my phone.

I'm glad I waited once I heard about the problems this morning.

Just had the same experience at the Toys R Us at Morena Blvd. in CA. The Assistant Manager refused to give the free game and the $10 gift card. He said "it errodes our margins too much". I tried loading the coupon from the link on the OP but it wouldn't load on my phone. Did this on my lunch break so I didn't have any time to argue. Really disappointed. I guess the idea of repeat business or customer service didn't shine on this particular manager. I remember buying a lot of games at TRU last year, it kind of dwindled a bit and I thought the good deals were coming back. Now I'm upset that I cancelled my pre-order at Best Buy, could have just gotten the $10 credit there and used the $10 I had from another pre-order. I'm not saying I'm "boycotting" TRU just yet, but this was a really bad "first experience" going back into this store.
Just try again after you get off work. Most likely the Assistant Manager that was there in the morning will be gone. Use the twitter link to bring up the coupon on your phone. The link in the OP didn't work for me either earlier.

I scanned the coupon just fine while I was at work for some guys that came in that had no idea of the gift card deal.

Just left TRU for the second time today.  They knew nothing of the Giftcard promo this morning(after I had to wait 10minutes for them to finish their morning meeting before I could even get anyone over to the game area to help me, why even bother to let people in the store if you are not ready for them), when I went back they would do nothing for me as the coupon excludes prior purchases in the fine print.  I already opened my game.  Thanks for nothing TRU....worst experience ever.  Wasted more in gas than what my R* game was worth.  Totally deflated my excitement for the game with all the crap I went through with you today.  The manager treated me as if I was trying to pull some sort of scam on them, will not be doing business with TRU in the future.

This is like a kmart deal all over again. I went to the 1st tru and they had no idea about the gift card and not 1 rockstar ps3 game. So hopped in the car and BB wouldn't match. Back in the car to the other tru and clerk had no idea about the gift card. He did say some people in the morning asked about it. All they had for ps3 was gta4 and rdr but I already have both. So I just bought midnight club for xbox and clerk said I could exchange it for a ps3 copy IF they get them in. I showed him the 10 coupon and it worked. So, kind of pleased, kind of pissed.

Had a pretty poor experience trying to get this deal today here in VA. Took in a printed copy of the coupon for the $10 gift card and the cashier said something along the lines of "Hmmm...I know I was told something about this today" and proceeded to call the manager over. The manager refused to even scan the coupon, just saying "No, we're not doing this, we're not doing this" over and over.

I was able to get a free copy of Midnight Club (the only R* game I don't own), but was utterly shot down trying to redeem the gift card offer. I had a TRU eCertificate to use, so I ended up getting GTA V anyways along with the free game, but I can't help but be disappointed with my experience. TRU is usually on point with their deals, but not so much this time.

Josh, probably nothing you can do for me at this point, but I wanted to relay my experience to you.

Had a pretty poor experience trying to get this deal today here in VA. Took in a printed copy of the coupon for the $10 gift card and the cashier said something along the lines of "Hmmm...I know I was told something about this today" and proceeded to call the manager over. The manager refused to even scan the coupon, just saying "No, we're not doing this, we're not doing this" over and over.

I was able to get a free copy of Midnight Club (the only R* game I don't own), but was utterly shot down trying to redeem the gift card offer. I had a TRU eCertificate to use, so I ended up getting GTA V anyways along with the free game, but I can't help but be disappointed with my experience. TRU is usually on point with their deals, but not so much this time.

Josh, probably nothing you can do for me at this point, but I wanted to relay my experience to you.
Fill out the survey on your receipt. Stores are held accountable for these surveys. If the scores are low enough, they get sent straight to the District Manager and higher ups. Call the 800 number. Complain that the store would not accept the coupon.. Every time the 800 number gets called about a store, the store gets dinged and frowned upon.

By far a better deal
Yep...and I knew that I had to get in on this PM attempt as soon as Target opened as given it's based on an ad misprint, the longer you delay the less likely you are to get the deal. I still have the Walmart ad up on my phone but who knows how long Walmart will keep the incorrect online ad up. I also checked the inventory on both the PS3 and X360 Special Editions at Targets near me this morning, just re-checked and it's gone from every store having it available or limited availability to sold out at almost every location.

Assuming that you have a physical copy of the ad, which I don't since they don't include one in my local newspaper except for Black Friday.
It's unfortunate the topic with the Walmart misprint was deleted, as it had the pics of the ad misprint. But for whatever foolish reason, the walmart mobile site's ad still has it up so I just used my phone browser to display it and they PM'ed them off of that.

There's been a noticeable void since you left CAG, Josh. Glad you're back...

... Unfortunately, like with the previous company, you've got a lot of work ahead of you. It's going to take a lot to get every store and manager whipped into shape and up to date with the latest offers. Like many of the folks here, our store was completely oblivious and I was shot down trying to score the $10 GC with the free R* game. Oh well, free RDR!

So..... the coupon is good for today only? I'm glad that it was put up in the OP but it would have been nice if it was there last night. Don't have the energy to back this late in the day for $10.

Like Kmart I'm going to have to wait to go to TRU until mid afternoon when the kinks are worked out.

Got games and gift cards with no issues, employees scanned coupon code from my phone, thanks frontburnr! 
BUZAn9MCQAAmyrA.jpg

Finally went to the tru in times square. If you're in NY, that's the store to go to when there's a sale. I got GTA v, iv liberty city & the $10 GC. Hipster gamer girl in front got bought 3 sets and swapped contact info with the cashier. :( man I always miss out on hooking up with a gaming chick. But I hate hipsters.. so there's that

Glad I didn't waste my time with this "sale." Red Dead wasn't in stock at my local store anyway (as of last night and this morning), which is ridiculous when you're running a promotion offering that as one of the freebies. Not interested in anything else. I knew the $10 GC would be iffy because I saw no mention of it in the ad, but I'm a bit surprised (and not surprised at the same time) that they'd refuse to give out the free game too. There's a reason TRU isn't anyone's go-to destination for games. The OP seems cool and well-liked here, so I hope he can make improvements to TRU.

Picked up GTA 5, Max Payne 3 for free, and used the $10 GC for Need for Speed: Most Wanted Vita at my local Toys R Us with no problems. Got all 3 games for $75 total after tax, which is the best deal I have seen. Normally I buy all my games from Amazon, but this was too good a deal to miss with a Toys R Us right down the street from where I work. Plus, it is a small town and I was basically the only customer when I went in after 4 pm...

They are extending the deal through tomorrow for the $10 gift card and anyone that did not receive the gift card should only need to bring in their receipt to be issued one. 

Also going to be coming up with a cool community offer to try and help make up for the first few hours of confusion today. More details on that front soon. 

So..... the coupon is good for today only? I'm glad that it was put up in the OP but it would have been nice if it was there last night. Don't have the energy to back this late in the day for $10.

Like Kmart I'm going to have to wait to go to TRU until mid afternoon when the kinks are worked out.
I think I did have it in the OP from the beginning unless I am mistaken but I have heard due to the confusion they are extending the deal through tomorrow if that helps at all.

They are extending the deal through tomorrow for the $10 gift card and anyone that did not receive the gift card should only need to bring in their receipt to be issued one.

Also going to be coming up with a cool community offer to try and help make up for the first few hours of confusion today. More details on that front soon.
There needs to be some communication sent down to stores so they are aware. Stores were left in the dark to the fact there was even a gift card offer in the first place.

I took a few minutes and swung by the TRU I was at this morning on the way home (wife needed grocery stuff anyway) the girl at customer service had no idea about the promo but showed her the coupon on the phone she did the exchange and gave me the $10 GC with no issue. Annoying start to the day but I appreciate them figuring it out we shop there all the time for baby stuff so works well for me.

For those of us that were denied the $10 GC, and now have to make a second trip to get it, I'd recommend they offer a $20 GC instead for our inconvenience.

So I want someone to help clarify for me. I will be unable to get the game tonight. But when the friends and family event starts the 19th will I be able to get 20%off GTA5 and a free rockstar game 19.99 and under?

Thank you!

Went to BB and pm'd TRU ad, grabbed LA Noire Complete Collection not realizing it was $29.99, they still gave it to me for free, with

the $40 GC from last week PM to TRU, and the $10 RZ this was a sweet deal.

According to the team, this was sent to all stores this afternoon.
Alrighty, hopefully this is actually the case. Luckily I don't have to go to work until around noon tomorrow, so I'll swing by the TRU tomorrow morning with my receipt from today, and fingers crossed at getting the gift card this time around.

bread's done
Back