TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've returned a gift card before at Toys R Us so long as it's not used. They verify it before they accept it and make sure you don't scratch the security code protector on the back.

If you tried to get an adjustment to try to get all 3 deals, its not going to work. There is no way to return a gift card.

I just went to a toys r us in San Diego. Employee knew about the free game promotion, and 20% coupon worked with no problems. She was very nice and the transaction went smoothly. Thanks Josh

I'll try my luck at picking this up at a store and hopefully the promotion for the free game is working on the registers, and GTA V is still in-stock. Promo is still dead on the website.

Does TRU take full preorders instore? I want to preorder Fifa 14 so I could get 20% off, use my GTA5 $10 GC, AND get a $15 GC when I pick up my copy of Fifa 14...

Im officially old. I had some time to kill so I went to TRU and brought the 20% coupon and the $10 giftcard that I previously got on Tues from buying GTA5.  I scoured the entire store and realized that there is nothing I really want to buy even for $10.

By the way, the deal was still active. While I was there I saw 3 people come in to buy GTA5 and the clerk was giving them Midnight Club for free telling them that's all that was left behind the glass case. I actually had to tell them to look over on the $19.99 value rack up front because they could actually get Red Dead or GTA4 free over there too!

i am online in a chat with customer service, looks like they are going to honor the free game, even though it is no longer listed

YMMV

just got back from TRU, I got GTA5 and Red dead free, with also the F&F discount.

It seems they have the free game promo in their system, so give it a try! I purchased both online before going to the store and since it was still processing I just bought them and I will now cancel the online order.

Good luck to y'all

Morning everyone, just letting you know that all your information provided to me was recapped and sent to TRU. From what it looks like, I received 10 emails. I will respond to you via email to confirm your message was forwarded, if you do not hear back from me this morning (by 11a.m. EST) please resend as I have not received.
thanks for trying to make this right.

i chatted first, they told me to place the order and gave me a reference number to call in and get the difference credited back, kind of annoying, but oh well

Should the 20% off coupon work on Wii U point cards? I just got denied even though none of the exclusions talk about point cards.
It's been mentioned a thousand times that ToysRus considers these gift cards and as such can never be bought using these promotions.

About 1pm today I finally got out of the store with the help of 3 very nice employees.  The 25% off coupon worked as did the free game.  The big problem was getting the dang TRU credit card to go through.  I signed up for it over the weekend for this sale.  As it turns out, the security code printed on the temporary shopping pass thing was wrong.  Once they got that sorted, I made it out the door with PS3 GTA V, Max Payne 3, Madden 25 & The Last of Us.  While we were waiting we talked about all the pain they suffered over the last 2 days with the GC snafu.  HQ really left these folks flapping in the breeze.  Hope they can do a much better job next time.  Keep the deals coming Josh!

Josh, the 20% coupon doesn't appear to be stacking with the infinity power disc promo of 2 for $6. It stacks with basically every other deal including the grand theft auto one. Is there a way for you to get the computer guys to fix this?

Hopefully you answer this and not ignore it like you usually do my questions lol. I know grand theft auto is the main priority this week.

Got too impatient to wait for online to work, so I went to the store with a printout of all the ads from the website. Got GTA5 & RDR free with 20% off.

@Liquid Metal .. Also got a couple of Power Disc Packs for DI. Make sure you have the ad, because the 20% off coupon took precidence over the 2 for $6. They rang up for $4 a pack, so I showed her the ad on my phone and she changed it to $3 each (no 20% that price) ... which is fine, My son was super stoked, we got Mikes Car (he didn't have yet, last time we went to TRU they were sold out of Gold packs) and Dumbo!! woot. He's only missing a few from series 1 now. Was nice to get a rare, but prices are coming down on ebay, so didn't feel like taking my chances trying to get more to turn a profit. By time you ship/pay fees, only a couple dollars to be made.

The Real Test of will power is: can I finish Uncharted 3 before starting GTA:V. I know myself. If I abandon U3, I'll either never finish it, or if I go back to it, I'll lose out on the Grandeur of the game, because it won't be fresh in my memory.

What about the website? Still working on that or is it dead?
^---- This.
Every store within 50 miles of me is sold out or doesn't carry Max Payne 3, so my only hope is an online transaction.
Max Payne 3 is the only one I care about // I've already got Red Dead and GTA 4.

(Edit: Actually, just checked from Indianapolis, IN to Lexington, KY... No store within 100 miles of me has it, so I'm guessing it's only carried online?)

Josh, the 20% coupon doesn't appear to be stacking with the infinity power disc promo of 2 for $6. It stacks with basically every other deal including the grand theft auto one. Is there a way for you to get the computer guys to fix this?

Hopefully you answer this and not ignore it like you usually do my questions lol. I know grand theft auto is the main priority this week.
Sorry if I have missed your questions before :) I'll definitely ask, I wonder if there are restrictions on the 20% off for certain BOGO deals.

I went into the store today to pick up the GTA V and Red Dead Redemption that I ordered online that showed as available in that store. The Red Dead part of the order was cancelled due to being sold out, but because it showed as still being available at that store, the guy in the video game department gave me the Red Dead GOTY instead. So, got GTA V and Red Dead GOTY for $50 after the 20% and sales tax came into play. Not bad.

TRU sent me this when I asked about the online promo:

"Thank you for contacting "R" Us. The promotion you are inquiring about is still available until 09/21/2013. 

Pleas keep in mind to purchase this item it will process an authorization hold for the amount of 23.31 including taxes and that hold will release once the items have shipped and posted. Please allow 3-5 business days for this action to take place. "

Still not showing up as valid at the checkout. Do I just have to get the money refunded later?

Looking back, I don't see a 2 for $6 power disc offer. I know there is a bogo 40% off on all Skylanders and Disney Infinity single figures and accessories, is that what you are referring to? Shoot me a pic of your receipt to [email protected] and I'll forward it on for them to investigate.

I didn't buy any. Onlne the offer is 2 for $6, and thats the offer instore as well. Was just hoping the coupon would stack like it has in the past.

I doubt you can get anything done by tomorrow. :(

Does it stack with the B1G1 40% off on infinity figures?  I figured that the coupon either wouldn't work or would negate the first promo.

Thanks in advance to Josh or whoever can answer.

I didn't buy any. Onlne the offer is 2 for $6, and thats the offer instore as well. Was just hoping the coupon would stack like it has in the past.

I doubt you can get anything done by tomorrow. :(
I saw the offer online this week for the 2 for $6. The deal was never valid in store at my store this week.

There is this new exclusion on coupons now.  Excludes Red Hot Deals and Hot Price items.  There are maybe 200 items that fall into the Hot Price catagory and these items can change weekly.   If any items fall into these catagories, any coupons will not work if they list this exclusion. If the 2 for $6 is in the system as a Red Hot Deal, any coupons will not apply on top of the deal.

The 20% off didn't work on two lego polybags that I ordered online either. I am too lazy to call them over $2. Fyi the chat support is pretty damn slow.

Heads up, the GTAV deal is not going back up online for the Free Rockstar game. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Eh, I think it was charging shipping for the additional game anyways, so not good on that front. Being able to get it possibly shipped to store would have been a good benefit though, as many stores are not stocked so well on the extra RS games anymore. I'm sure that's the intention all along though, as they won't lose a whole lot by letting online stock get depleted too. At least in store, once they sell out, it's over. :bomb:

You helped to get the $10 coupon and in-store free game working again, that's more than enough and still a win. :bouncy:

There is this new exclusion on coupons now. Excludes Red Hot Deals and Hot Price items. There are maybe 200 items that fall into the Hot Price catagory and these items can change weekly. If any items fall into these catagories, any coupons will not work if they list this exclusion. If the 2 for $6 is in the system as a Red Hot Deal, any coupons will not apply on top of the deal.
Haha, so basically TRU is implementing a failsafe where they can just about block any item in the store from being coupon eligible ... if they wanted to. ;-)

bread's done
Back