TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Josh, I was able to go back into my store this afternoon and collect my free $20 game after I was denied Thursday morning. This deal was sweet, but it really puts you in a bad position when they change their minds about their promos halfway through a promo period. Sorry you have to work with people like that, hopefully they will take your advice and improve.

Thanks for the heads up on the deal. Got the next to last copy of GTA V with the 20% off, used my new rewards card for the 10% credit, and got Midnight Club LA Complete for free. The only Rockstar game I didn't see in stock was Max Payne 3, though they did have about 10-12 copies of LA Noire.

Thanks for the heads up on the deal. Got the next to last copy of GTA V with the 20% off, used my new rewards card for the 10% credit, and got Midnight Club LA Complete for free. The only Rockstar game I didn't see in stock was Max Payne 3, though they did have about 10-12 copies of LA Noire.
I wish the store I went to had max payne, la noire or midnight club. They only had gta 4 and tales of liberty city, both of which I have.

I finally made it out to a store today and my experience went like this... Cashier got me a copy of GTA V and I inquired about the free $20 Rockstar game and I picked out RDR, but he stated the last day of the deal was on the 18th and I was out of luck. I informed the cashier the offer went to the 21st and so he agreed to ring it up and give it a try. The deal went through but for some inexplicable reason cashier thought I might have been trying to pull a fast one and thought the deal only applied to Grand Theft Auto games.

So, for about 2 minutes, cashier was steadfast saying I could only pick between GTA IV and Episodes from LC... This was after RDR had rung up as $0! I was about to ask for a manager when he reviewed the deal on the website, low and behold he found his answer! I ended up getting the games along with the 20% off coupon he scanned off my phone. Cashier was very apologetic afterward but I still don't understand what his thought process was at the time.

I finally made it out to a store today and my experience went like this... Cashier got me a copy of GTA V and I inquired about the free $20 Rockstar game and I picked out RDR, but he stated the last day of the deal was on the 18th and I was out of luck. I informed the cashier the offer went to the 21st and so he agreed to ring it up and give it a try. The deal went through but for some inexplicable reason cashier thought I might have been trying to pull a fast one and thought the deal only applied to Grand Theft Auto games.

So, for about 2 minutes, cashier was steadfast saying I could only pick between GTA IV and Episodes from LC... This was after RDR had rung up as $0! I was about to ask for a manager when he reviewed the deal on the website, low and behold he found his answer! I ended up getting the games along with the 20% off coupon he scanned off my phone. Cashier was very apologetic afterward but I still don't understand what his thought process was at the time.

the people at my store thought the same thing. its why they had lots of copies of red dead and midnight club but no gta 4

Hey Josh, I was wondering if you could clarify something. If I went and pre-ordered and played off Fifa 14 and used the 20% off would I also then get the $15 GC on day of pickup?

Brought the coupon into the store today along with my receipt from Tuesday, and they adjusted my price.
So ended up with the 20%, free game and $10 gift card.
TRU was definately the place to get GTA this year.

Hey Josh, I was wondering if you could clarify something. If I went and pre-ordered and played off Fifa 14 and used the 20% off would I also then get the $15 GC on day of pickup?

No I don't even think half of what you're trying to do is possible.

First FIFA 14 is a preorder and I don't think the 20% off coupon applies to preorders. If it does and you go to order it online for in-store pickup it'd still be considered an online order so at best you'd get the 20% off discount---but not that $15 GC since that is a in-store offer only.

If you tried to order it in-store you couldn't because again it's a preorder and you can't pay off preorders in full at TRU like that

I do not believe so in this case but if I'm proven wrong more power to ya :)

OMG I am NEVER even going to consider shopping at TRU again.

Go to store across town since it;s the only one that had GTA5. My online order is still not ready, they've never even heard of me.

So fine, I try to buy the game and then just cancel the online order later. The clerk says that 20% off excludes games and looks at me like I'm trying to rob the place.

Leave the store with nothing, call customer service to cancel my store pick up, they can't cancel it until it shows up at the store and they have no idea how long that will be.

So I wasted all morning driving across town with nothing to show for it except a reference number to call so I can finally cancel my order at some future date whenever it shows up at the store (seriously, how long does it take for an online order to show up in the store, is this the 70s?).

OMG I am NEVER even going to consider shopping at TRU again.

Go to store across town since it;s the only one that had GTA5. My online order is still not ready, they've never even heard of me.

So fine, I try to buy the game and then just cancel the online order later. The clerk says that 20% off excludes games and looks at me like I'm trying to rob the place.

Leave the store with nothing, call customer service to cancel my store pick up, they can't cancel it until it shows up at the store and they have no idea how long that will be.

So I wasted all morning driving across town with nothing to show for it except a reference number to call so I can finally cancel my order at some future date whenever it shows up at the store (seriously, how long does it take for an online order to show up in the store, is this the 70s?).
Email Josh with the specific store information and call customer service again. Tell them they either cancel your online order or your next call will be to your credit card company to dispute the charge.

Just be willing to follow through. I'm the nicest guy in the world until you p*ss me off because I will follow through.

the people at my store thought the same thing. its why they had lots of copies of red dead and midnight club but no gta 4
Haha. The only games my store had were a couple copies of Undead Nightmare, handful of Midnight Club, a frickin ton of Episodes from Liberty City, and the last copy of RDR that I was fortunate enough to get.

I was told at my Toys R Us that there was no such promotion where you get a $19.99 or lower Rockstar game. Is this deal not still going on? Can I complain? Thanks for any advice!

I was told at my Toys R Us that there was no such promotion where you get a $19.99 or lower Rockstar game. Is this deal not still going on? Can I complain? Thanks for any advice!
Well during my fiasco this morning - I am trying to cancel my order now, apparently it takes 6 hours for a store pick up order to get to the store itself.

Anyway, when I was there this morning the guy at the electronics area knew about the promotion and said it was still active (all they had was Midnight Club) but the customer service up front said she'd never heard of it. Unfortunately the guy at the electronics area thought the 20% off coupon excluded video games so I was in a position to take either or.

I was also denied the free rockstar game by two different cashiers today (Saturday). At least I got to use the 20% off coupon.. This is one of the reasons I never shop at this store, employees at my local tru stores seem very standoffish anytime someone trys to use a coupon or price match. It doesn't help that there is seemingly nowhere on the tru site that I could point out this deal to them. Fairly disapointed.

I was also denied the free rockstar game by two different cashiers today (Saturday). At least I got to use the 20% off coupon.. This is one of the reasons I never shop at this store, employees at my local tru stores seem very standoffish anytime someone trys to use a coupon or price match. It doesn't help that there is seemingly nowhere on the tru site that I could point out this deal to them. Fairly disapointed.
Yeah I'm adding it to my do not shop list - just such a pain.

I feel sort of bad since OP in this thread seems to want to be helpful and the lady I spoke to in customer service seemed very nice and genuinely tried to help me but the stores are so backwards and they seem to be so inconsistent it's not worth it.

The deal originally ended on the 18th. During the afternoon of the 19th, the deal was turned back on. Stores should have reprinted new sale signs and put them up with the valid dates 9/19 - 9/21. The deal rings up automatically in the system, just have them ring up the games, don't even bother asking.

Brought the coupon into the store today along with my receipt from Tuesday, and they adjusted my price.
So ended up with the 20%, free game and $10 gift card.
TRU was definately the place to get GTA this year.
The best place was Best Buy on 8/26 til 2 AM because they had it where it was FREE!!! I may end it getting paid $20 since I bought it on different bestbuy.com accounts attached to different My Best Buy accounts. Toysrus was best place to get it if you weren't up late at night on a certain day.

Ok, let me update/change my experience yet again.

After about 6 hours the store finally got my order so, as customer service told me earlier, I could now cancel.

So I called the number, waited about 10 minutes before I got a hold of someone and tried to cancel. They put me on hold and either they hung up or more likely Verizon screwed me and I got disconnected. Called back, after waiting in line for almost 20 minutes I hung up and tried again. 10 minutes later and still no answer I doubted I would ever be able to cancel so I gave up and decided to drive across town and try picking up the game or cancelling in store.

I got there and talked to a lady at customer service who again was very nice and I decided to just buy the game and ask if I could also get Midnight Club due to the free game promo. She looked it up and said no problem and fixed my order.

So thanks to Toys R Us employees and despite the company I got my game and feel relatively happy. I wasted all day doing this but it's done and the people I dealt with were all very nice and tried to be helpful. I got the feeling they were crippled with the company's crappy computer order system.

So in the future, I will try never to deal with TRU online but if I want to buy something there I will deal only with the people in the store.

Thanks for listening

/rant

Picked up GTA V with free game (GTA IV) from Westminster, CO TRU. The cashier i dont think even scanned my GTA IV and just gave it to me. Doesn't show it on my receipt. total was 52.00 even. Probably will trade in the GTA IV to BB. 

Damn. Ok there has to be another sale. If not then I'm gonna wait it out. Back log is too big....running out of excuses :(
I wouldn't worry. Games(as popular as Skyrim) released on Nov/Oct. have been at least 50% off on BF so he may be wrong :)

I went ahead and purchased it via instore pickup! It's 1am CT and it's still letttin me (maybe until West Coast 12?). Totally picking it up tomorrow. Hopefully I can get the gift card.......

Welcome back!! Thanks to the 25% off coupon I was able to get GTAV yesterday.

I'm looking forward to all you could do there. I'd much rather shop at TRU than Kmart.

Well I wish I could do the Wii U B1G1. Batman is $30 and I still haven't played it but all of the other games that interest me are at least $50. Besides I just took part in the B2G1 at Target so I'm set for a while.

Does anyone know the policy for instore pick up and instore coupons? I technically bought GTA V with the coupon the day it was expired but still active. However, 9/22 is the day the $15 GC comes with the game. I'm just viewing the technicalities since I am a cheap ass gamer. I'll find out regardless tomorrow.  :bouncy:

Does anyone know the policy for instore pick up and instore coupons? I technically bought GTA V with the coupon the day it was expired but still active. However, 9/22 is the day the $15 GC comes with the game. I'm just viewing the technicalities since I am a cheap ass gamer. I'll find out regardless tomorrow. :bouncy:
You will not get the gift card.

Does anyone know the policy for instore pick up and instore coupons? I technically bought GTA V with the coupon the day it was expired but still active. However, 9/22 is the day the $15 GC comes with the game. I'm just viewing the technicalities since I am a cheap ass gamer. I'll find out regardless tomorrow. :bouncy:
Save your gas. You'll not get it :)

This happened to me by chance yesterday. I wasn't able to make it to the store before they closed on saturday, so I used the 20% coupon around midnight eastern time. When I picked up the game I asked about the free game promotion, but they didn't have any rockstar games left. The guy then pointed out that I should be able to get the $15 gc though. I didn't even know about that offer. So I ended up getting the game for 47.99 plus tax and a $15 dollar gc. :)

This happened to me by chance yesterday. I wasn't able to make it to the store before they closed on saturday, so I used the 20% coupon around midnight eastern time. When I picked up the game I asked about the free game promotion, but they didn't have any rockstar games left. The guy then pointed out that I should be able to get the $15 gc though. I didn't even know about that offer. So I ended up getting the game for 47.99 plus tax and a $15 dollar gc. :)
Cool. How'd it work during check out? did they give it automatically or scan something?

It does not appear I am allowed to help with customer service as much as I would like to. So, please contact TRU directly for any issues but if they are not helpful I want to know and I will push it anyway I can.

bread's done
Back