TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've never given out a free guide. The only free stuff they've given out are things like t-shirts and stylus packs, which are swag.
"Or anything like that."

You have deals that offer accessories, guides, gift cards or even cheaper games as freebies. You know, the common advertised deals.

And then you have trinkets (i.e., swag) that come free with purchase, mostly at release or in CEs, that aren't available for purchase alone. Like the coins & stickers I mentioned.

Two different things.

So, restricting the gift card to the Xbox 360 versions is intentional...I will definitely provide feedback that this is not or really ever a good idea.

So, restricting the gift card to the Xbox 360 versions is intentional...I will definitely provide feedback that this is not or really ever a good idea.
Why do I get the sense that you really don't get any say in any deal at all? Almost like, if you were not here, we would get the same deals anyway.

Not a critique, but just something that comes through with your post.

And then you have trinkets (i.e., swag) that come free with purchase, mostly at release or in CEs, that aren't available for purchase alone. Like the coins & stickers I mentioned.
This is what I meant by no freebies.

B1G1 40% 3DS and WiiU games next week. No deal for Wind Waker in the system this week unless they add something last minute

B1G1 40% 3DS and WiiU games next week. No deal for Wind Waker in the system this week unless they add something last minute
Any chance of revealing the deals for the following week (10/13-10/19)? I just realized that Pokemon X/Y release on Saturday, only one day that the B1G1 40% off promo is active, so I'm curious as to whether there might be something else starting the following day.

Why do I get the sense that you really don't get any say in any deal at all? Almost like, if you were not here, we would get the same deals anyway.

Not a critique, but just something that comes through with your post.
I'm acting as a consultant / ambassador more than anything else. I'm not employed by TRU. I give them feedback wherever I can on how to improve their business and where to be more aggressive etc. I definitely don't have say on anything, not my role with them. I don't even think I would want that :)

I made the post a Wiki as it's clear to me that in many cases you all may have information before I'm allowed to post anything. I'll post everything as I'm allowed to but in any case where you may find something relevant. Please make sure to edit clearly.

This info just popped into our system today.

TRU is offering game coupons for a future purchase when you pre order copies of the following games in store.  There will be a $10 and $15 coupon.

Games that qualify for the $10 coupon.

:3ds: Pokemon X/Y

:3ds:  :wii: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

:3ds:  :wiiu: Lego: Marvel Super Heroes

:3ds:  :wii:  :wiiu: Angry Birds Star Wars

:wiiu: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014

Games that qualify for the $15 coupon.

:360:  :ps3: Batman Arkham Origins

:360:  :ps3: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

:360:  :ps3: Battlefield 4

:360:  :ps3: Call Of Duty Ghosts

:360:  :ps3: Watch Dogs

Pre ordering only requires a $1 deposit.  The coupons will be given at the time the pre order is picked up and purchased.  You have to have the game pre ordered in order to receive the coupon.  They will not be given out otherwise.

$10 coupon will be good on any regular priced game $39.99 or more.

$15 coupon will be good on any regular priced game $59.99 or more.

Don't know if this coupon will be valid on sale prices yet. Only one coupon per game, coupons can not be stacked. Coupon will expire 02/01/14

Prim, I know this sounds like a stupid question, but TRU preorders only work in the store they're placed in right?

I only ask because I'm moving right before X and Y come out and I'm assuming I'll have to preorder at the new TRU. Does TRU have a preorder cut off or do they take preorders the day before release?

Prim, I know this sounds like a stupid question, but TRU preorders only work in the store they're placed in right?

I only ask because I'm moving right before X and Y come out and I'm assuming I'll have to preorder at the new TRU. Does TRU have a preorder cut off or do they take preorders the day before release?
Yes, only with the original store. With Pokemon, you should be good until the day before release.

Edit: Most stores should already have their copies of Pokemon X/Y in. They should know before they run out of pre orders IF someone is on top of it.

Games that qualify for the $15 coupon.

:360:  :ps3: Batman Arkham Origins

:360:  :ps3: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

:360:  :ps3: Battlefield 4

:360:  :ps3: Call Of Duty Ghosts

:360:  :ps3: Watch Dogs

Wait? What about Wii-U versions?

Any chance of revealing the deals for the following week (10/13-10/19)? I just realized that Pokemon X/Y release on Saturday, only one day that the B1G1 40% off promo is active, so I'm curious as to whether there might be something else starting the following day.
I guess so.

10/13 - 10/19

B1G1 40% ALL Video games + mix and match with ALL Skylander and Disney Infinity figures and accessories.

:shock: Whoa, that coupon deal means getting X/Y at TRU is 100% guaranteed for me now, assuming the B1G1 40% off stacks with it. Thanks for the heads-up (and thanks for the deal reveal, prim4444)! :D/

Thanks for frontburner for the $50 gift card I won on the site. I used it for Zelda wind waker.

So if I pre-order both X and Y would I get 10 for each one? If so, could I also still get the BOGO 40% off?
When I looked into it tonight, it simply looks like these are coupons that are kept on hand and the cashier is supposed to hand to you when you pick up whatever preorders you got (they're not like the old K Mart gaming coupons that printed out with the receipt). So, there should be nothing to interfere with your ability to get the deal.

So the pre-order offer that Prim4444 mentioned is good. Was supposed to launch about 30 days ago :) But hoping that it is something they will be able to to more. 

Do I need to Preorder Pokemon X and Y in store in order to qualify for the 10% off and 2 GC's? Or can I just do it online and do an in-store pickup?

You will also earn 10% back on your TRU purchase too. That 10% will be issued in the form of a gift card certificate in November.

Also as you know

Gamefly / = New
if your first in line and get them shipped to you same as NEW cause your the first one using them

TRU screwed me over on the 10% thing last year so dont hold your breath on getting that .

Do I need to Preorder Pokemon X and Y in store in order to qualify for the 10% off and 2 GC's? Or can I just do it online and do an in-store pickup?
your not getting gift cards. they are 10 off your next purchase COUPONS *unless your talking about something else

your not getting gift cards. they are 10 off your next purchase COUPONS *unless your talking about something else
ah you are right. And it looks like the coupons are in-store only when you pick up your items. I just got back from TRU and ordered X and Y. Gonna cancel my newegg order now.

Will this work on any pre-order game or does it have to be on certain games to get the $10 or $15 coupon? 

I just came back my local Toys R Us and they said they stopped taking preorders for Pokemon X and Y. Would preordering online and picking up in store allow me to get the two coupons? >__>

I stopped by my local TRU just now and both employees working there said they weren't doing pre-orders for Pokemon X or Y. He was surprised they weren't either considering the store had done pre-orders for smaller 3DS games, and even tried looking up the offer for the pre-order coupons online. Of course, the offer isn't actually listed in the Weekly Ad, so no go there.

Wasted trip =/

For all of you saying they aren't doing pre orders, look around in your toys r us for these little blue cards that pokemon x and y on them. there should be a little stand somewhere in electronics. My toys r us tried telling me yesterday they weren't doing pre sales and then I just showed them that card.

bread's done
Back