TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came back and was able to preorder both pokemon games.

There was a blue card with pokemon, tmnt, Lego marvel, angry birds and Mario Winter Olympics

Can someone clarify, if I preorder x and y will I be able to get the $10 coupons and the sale price too?

Can someone clarify, if I preorder x and y will I be able to get the $10 coupons and the sale price too?
Looking for answer for this for myself as well. If coupon work and also stack B1G1 40 % off. That is a nice steal for a new release!

Maybe I'll just stop by, pre-order and hope for the best haha.

If these stack, my "plan"

1) Pre-order Pokemon X

2) Pre-order Pokemon Y separately

3) Pick up Pokemon X and a game I want for 40%, get $10 coupon

4) Use $10 on Pokemon Y pre-order, pick up another game I want for 40% off, get another $10 coupon

5) Sell both Pokemon X and Y to my friends seeing as I want to get the games digitally

Is there a fallacy anywhere?

I went on their website and the b1g1 40% off deal did not say that it couldnt be combined with other offers. ill go in to my store tomorrow and ask.

What? They call Pokemon smaller 3DS games? I thought Pokemon would be the most popular one after Mario.

I'm not sure if the $20 coupon worth the trip to TRU. Why wouldn't they do it online?

Also, do you plan to play both games? I think they are mostly the same.

I stopped by my local TRU just now and both employees working there said they weren't doing pre-orders for Pokemon X or Y. He was surprised they weren't either considering the store had done pre-orders for smaller 3DS games, and even tried looking up the offer for the pre-order coupons online. Of course, the offer isn't actually listed in the Weekly Ad, so no go there.

Wasted trip =/

So the $10 TRU coupon from an X/Y preorder cannot be stacked with the 40% off another purchase of a 3DS game?

That'd be crazy if you could - the second purchased game would be nearly 60% off at that point

So the $10 TRU coupon from an X/Y preorder cannot be stacked with the 40% off another purchase of a 3DS game?

That'd be crazy if you could - the second purchased game would be nearly 60% off at that point
you wouldn't be able to use the $10 within the same purchase of x and y. unless you bought one first and then used it on the other. but from what I can tell is that you can buy x and y together with the b1g1 40% off, then get 2 $10 gcs for buying both.

OK, so just to be clear, since it's confirmed that the week of 10/13-10/19 will have a B1G1 40% off on all games, there should be no issues with waiting until that week to go pick up preordered copies of X/Y and still get the $10 coupon for each plus the 40% off the second game, correct? I can get to a TRU on Sunday, but I'm not in the area on Saturdays (the day X/Y release).

Picked up........ Rayman legends & pikmen 3.
I asked the toys r us Customer service desk if they had any kind of coupons that I can use for a Purchase inside the store, and the guy at the desk said we have a 15% off coupon that is on our website that you can use in the store". So I got the buy 1 get 1 40% off and an extra 15% off of both games. My total was about $86-$87 dollars after tax. So if any body is planning on going for this b1g1 40% off deal, it's worth a shot to ask them if they have a coupon. Hope this might help some people. :)

Picked up........ Rayman legends & pikmen 3.
I asked the toys r us Customer service desk if they had any kind of coupons that I can use for a Purchase inside the store, and the guy at the desk said we have a 15% off coupon that is on our website that you can use in the store". So I got the buy 1 get 1 40% off and an extra 15% off of both games. My total was about $86-$87 dollars after tax. So if any body is planning on going for this b1g1 40% off deal, it's worth a shot to ask them if they have a coupon. Hope this might help some people. :)

The coupon on the website says online only. What you trying to pull here buddy?

100713B_EM_TRU_Cyber_Release_06.jpg

If you don't mind my asking, what did you do to win the GC? Was it a standard sweepstakes-type deal, or something else?
I run contests on my network a lot actually. Currently we're giving away an Xbox One and a PS4. We're at least doing 2-3 promotions a week.

Went this morning and found the blue preorder card display; mine was on a spinner rack at the electronics desk. The $10 preorder coupon promotion is listed on these cards; on the front is a box that says 'Get up to $50 in coupons with these games' and the fine print on the back says "Coupon offer: At time of pickup, Guest will receive one coupon for $10 off regular-priced video game purchase of $39.99 or more, per reserved title."

Obviously a lot of YMMV between stores, but I was able to bring the card to the register and reserve a copy of each game this morning.

When I went into the Toys R Us near me, they had gotten the idea into their head that the Buy 1, get one 40% off sale didn't apply to Wii U games, but just to Wii games. I think someone made a mistake in printing out the tags for the sale that were put on the shelves. (they were missing the "U") Thankfully there wasn't any trouble. They had left one of the tags in front of the Wii U games, and they didn't give me any trouble about applying the sale to my purchase. They are almost certainly going to get heat for that typo sometime during the week though. The website clearly states that the sale applies to Wii U games.

I picked up Zelda: Wind Waker HD, and Lego City Undercover. I had originally planned to get Fire Emblem, but they didn't have any.

Damn, so this is pretty cool. I'm going to pre order Pokemon for the $10 off coupon, use the $10 gift card (which I received for buying GTA V) on Pokemon X , and get Fire Emblem with the B1G1 40% off, then use the $10 off coupon next month on Zelda. Sick!

When I went into the Toys R Us near me, they had gotten the idea into their head that the Buy 1, get one 40% off sale didn't apply to Wii U games, but just to Wii games. I think someone made a mistake in printing out the tags for the sale that were put on the shelves. (they were missing the "U") Thankfully there wasn't any trouble. They had left one of the tags in front of the Wii U games, and they didn't give me any trouble about applying the sale to my purchase. They are almost certainly going to get heat for that typo sometime during the week though. The website clearly states that the sale applies to Wii U games.

I picked up Zelda: Wind Waker HD, and Lego City Undercover. I had originally planned to get Fire Emblem, but they didn't have any.
Damn, all the TRUs in my area also say that Fire Emblem is out of stock but I was hoping that maybe they just didn't update their stock on the website.

Wait im a little confused, whats the deal with the $10 credit? Do I have to preorder to get it or do I just have to buy the game?

I called my local TRU and asked if they had Fire Emblem in stock. The guy said he checked the computer and the game is showing up as discontinued. Really weird.

Wait im a little confused, whats the deal with the $10 credit? Do I have to preorder to get it or do I just have to buy the game?
You have to buy the $1 pre order card before (of course) the release date, then use it when you purchase Pokemon in order to receive the $10 off coupon.

So I could preorder X and Y, pick them up with the buy 1 get 1 40% off deal and walk out with $20 in coupons.

Done.
are you sure you can do this? Confirmation anyone? I assume you'd have to pay for the preorders in full if this indeed will work.

if so, then Pokemon preorder and scribblenauts unmasked Wii u at 40% off for me :) (other way around? Depends on S:U price)

but no, you won't walk out with coupons. Read OP...coupons incurred on day of pickup.

I'm having issues using the SAVE15 code.  I'm trying to preorder Beyond Two Souls, and the site is rejected the code for that item.  Do I have to wait until tomorrow to order it since it's a pre-order right now?

I'm having issues using the SAVE15 code. I'm trying to preorder Beyond Two Souls, and the site is rejected the code for that item. Do I have to wait until tomorrow to order it since it's a pre-order right now?
it won't work because the coupon excludes video games. the only reason it worked for that one person is because he asked someone in the store so he just manually entered it in while he was checking out. and Im guessing that you'd just have to get lucky for someone in store to offer to do that for you.

I called my local TRU and asked if they had Fire Emblem in stock. The guy said he checked the computer and the game is showing up as discontinued. Really weird.
Yeah, I think they don't carry Fire Emblem: Awakening at Toys R Us. The game hasn't been discontinued. All the other stores I've been to still carry it. I was able to pick up a copy from the Best Buy in the area for the normal $40. (a birthday present for my brother, I was going to get it one way or the other, sale or no sale) For whatever reason, Toys R Us has decided not to stock Fire Emblem any longer.

Well, their loss. Best Buy got my money instead.

Yeah, I think they don't carry Fire Emblem: Awakening at Toys R Us. The game hasn't been discontinued. All the other stores I've been to still carry it. I was able to pick up a copy from the Best Buy in the area for the normal $40. (a birthday present for my brother, I was going to get it one way or the other, sale or no sale) For whatever reason, Toys R Us has decided not to stock Fire Emblem any longer.

Well, their loss. Best Buy got my money instead.
I have been waiting to get Fire Emblem on the back of a good deal or discount but somehow it always falls through.

Looks like there's a TRU about 25 mins away that has a few Fire Emblems still in stock but in order to make this work I would have to make 2 trips out there. 1 to pre order Pokemon (unless pre order cards work at any TRU, which I really doubt), and another to purchase the games. In all it would be around 1hr and 40mins just for Fire emblem and that's IF it's still in stock on the 12th.

I might just go to my local TRU (5 mins away) and pick up Mario Kart along with Pokemon.

Waisted my time checking the Hicksville, Westbury and Valley Stream stores for the card. Like mad miles wasted in a circle.

Valley stream did have Fire Emblem Awakening if anyone is interested.

Also did anyone in NYC or Long Island get the preorder cards? I was gonna check the Douglaston TRU, but not sure if it's worth the 8 mile trip.

So I finally got one. It says nothing about $10 coupons. Just says get up to $50 with these games (like 3) other games.

Did I pick up the right one? And since the price shows 39.99 on each game, will I be able to take advantage of the B1G40% still on Saturday? (Got X and Y)

Yes, only with the original store. With Pokemon, you should be good until the day before release.

Edit: Most stores should already have their copies of Pokemon X/Y in. They should know before they run out of pre orders IF someone is on top of it.
Does that mean we will no longer be getting any gift card offers for new releases for these titles (ie $15 gift card offer with fifa 14 when it was offered on release week)?

Wow, my TRU is garbage. Only one in the area...no preorder cards for cod ghosts OR Pokemon? Jesus christ, they need more than Josh to survive. This isn't the first or even the 10th time TRU has fucked up. I feel that every other time tru runs a promo, no employee knows about it or they are unprepared in some other way. Starting to think the $10 isn't worth the gas + headache. Josh, my god...good luck to you and conveying your deals to them. The deals are superb but it all goes for not once you try to communicate them to clueless 16 year old girls and cracked out hoodlums trying to pass as competent retail employees.

you dont have preorder cards for an extremely popular game that releases in a few days? Bah. Might as well take money and flush it...to think of all the possible money tru could have had from me. Wondering how many others are in my boat.

I believe they should make it work for online preorders as well. It's not hard to throw in a couple of $10 off courpons into the shipment along with their useless sheets of Babies R Us coupons.

I believe they should make it work for online preorders as well. It's not hard to throw in a couple of $10 off courpons into the shipment along with their useless sheets of Babies R Us coupons.
silly you, that would suggest that TRU is competent and convenient

So... no pre-order bonus for Pokemon X & Y at TRU?
there still is...i was just talking about the retail store I use. $10 coupon is printed after you pick up the game. My problem is that they didn't have any "pre order cards" and therefore couldn't let me preorder.

other retailers just put you in a system. Simple. But for some very stupid reason TRU does it their own, very inconvenient way. I think their corporate employees are just as incompetent as their low level employees.

Live in NYC, The TRU in Times Square still had a few slips left. Got my pre-orders in. The back of the card in small font explains the details. The specific bit on the coupon is...

"Coupon Offer: At time of pickup, Guest will receive one coupon for $10 off regular-priced video game purchase of $39.99 or more, per reserved title." 

Now if I'm reading this right, if you pre-order both you'll get two coupons. That coupon is $10 off a game $39.99+. You could also read that as a pre-order of $39.99+ getting you a $10 coupon but I don't think that's what's meant. 

So let's assume we do get one $10 coupon for each game. Will we be able to redeem both coupons on one $39.99 game or is it limited to one coupon per transaction?

I just went to Toys''R''Us to try to sort things out. My hope is to combine B1G1 40% on a Pokemon Y and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds along with the pre-order $10 card (including the 10% Rewards credit, of course), and I wasn't able to get much accomplished.

While they did have pre-order cards (attached below so you guys know what to look for), it sounds like B1G1 40% off would only really apply when buying something (not pre-ordering). So, it'd work when picking up and paying off Pokemon Y, but I'd have to pick up something else at the same time. So, in short, I could either pick up Pokemon Y and then use the $10 card on Zelda later or just stick with my original plan ($16 off the total).

Funny enough, the rep I spoke to seemed to want to dissuade me from pre-orders in general. He argued—who knows what offers they'll have when the final products are released.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23150]

bread's done
Back