TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went in this afternoon to pick up my copy of X & Y that I pre-ordered everything was going fine till I brought up the coupons. The cashier in Rzone didn't have a clue about the coupons. So he went to talk to the supervisor and got the manager involved. I brought up the fact that it should have been somewhere in the impact folder as per noted here. But the manager said he saw nothing and he wasn't going to do anything since the buy one get one 40% off was more of a value than taking off $20 from my order.

I asked nicely if they would please check it again since that's where the information should be . I can't remember the exact word for word of the manager but it was just so unprofessional. Saying they get trained by corporate and he knows everything that's going on in his store. A few minutes had passed and I was waiting for my games and receipt while they took other customers. In that time I pointed out to the manager that obviously he doesn't know everything that's going on cause I found Pacific Rim out on the shelves as well as new releases for next week. I left without coupons but I at least got the games.
As mentioned before. Fill out the survey on your receipt. It does a world of wonders. Hopefully you got names of who helfped you. They did not offer to assist you and that is one of the key points for them. Give them a zero for that. Mention the coupon and how they did nothing to help you out.

Employees don't care because corporate doesn't care, the attitudes will change when corporate changes. Their is no loyalty to the company because corporate shows no loyalty to the employees with few hours, stingy policies, and cut corners. Raises are about 10cents on average a year. Welcome to TRU.
Wow, your management must be pretty bad over there.

I got incredibly lucky too. A salesperson and store manager took 10 minutes trying to scan my preorder receipt wondering why it didn't come up. They called a CS agent over to the register and pulled it up. $68 later, they couldn't find the coupons, claiming they never got them. They asked me if I would be willing to drive across town to pick some up at a different TRU but I told them that was unacceptable. The CS girl started to adjust the $39 Pokemon down by $10. As she was doing so, I complimented her Crazy Loom bracelet. She continued by adjusting the $24 Pokemon by $10 too. $21 refund to my card and I was out the door. Even if they never got the coupons, my store didn't try to make any excuses. They are getting a stellar receipt survey review and have a customer for life.

My pickup went reasonably smooth for a Pokemon X & Y.  I asked about the coupon promotion while being rung up and the cashier had to call her manager.  The manager was going to look the promo up, but after fumbling in her drawer, she found the notepad of coupons.  She gave me one (not before trying to scan the coupon, which I then told her I would be using it later), but I proceeded to ask for a second one because of the two preorders.  She was leery due to the reduced cost of the second game (as she was looking over the coupon promo language) but ultimately provided a second coupon. 

Now to decide what to use the coupons on, but that is for another day.  I have some pokemans to catch ;)

Very fast and easy transaction at my TRU--went in with my preorder receipt, picked up my copies of X & Y at the register, used two $10 GCs (one from the Gathr.com free trial, one from Shopkick), and the employee tore off two $10 off coupons without me having to ask. I'm definitely giving that store a positive survey, and I plan on returning for LoZ: A Link Between Worlds and one other $39.99 game down the road. :D

Preordered Pokemon X and Y and apparently my store never got the shipment. So, the manager got some games from another tru to fill my preorder and gave me an additional 15% off each game for my inconvenience. My total ended up around $56 for X and Y, and I got the 10 off coupons. :D

Just a heads up, I went and found an old friend from college working as a manager trainee at TRU and he rang me up with my preordered X and Y. He tried to use the coupon on the order but it prompted for an override to do so since the promotion of b1g40% was already applied.

He unfortunately didn't have his manager numbers yet as he was still in training : /

Either way I still got two coupons so I am not mad, just bummed because I was so close to an even better deal! Haha 

I will probably just use the coupons on Ryse and Dead Rising 3

I'm confused. Why are people complaining?

Because they won't let you use the coupons on the initial purchase? Even though that purchase is what is supposed to net you the coupon? Or because you can't use the coupon on a game that is on sale or part of another promotion when we knew going in (at least the last few days) that the T&C of the coupon forbid it?

I mean really... what are you guys complaining about?

If you went to the store, they had the games, they rang up B1G1 40% and they had a preorder coupon for each game you preordered I don't see what their is to bitch about.
I, like many others, were under the hopeful impression that we could use one of the coupons with the higher-priced item from the B1G1. But, seeing as the coupons are restricted from use with any promotion, they are practically worthless in my eyes. Maybe if something worthwhile is releasing in the next few weeks I'll be content.

i picked up my two copies of pokemon yesterday with the b1g1 40% sale no problem, but i did not get my $10 pre-order coupons.

i asked about it and the employee half-heartedly looked for them and said they didnt have them. i didnt bother to fight for it since i was just happy to get the b1g1 40% price and i didnt want to come back to TRU just to use my coupon. its not the most pleasant or convenient shopping experience.

edit: just realized this, but they didnt even account for my $2 deposit!

Called TRU and they told me that only Skylanders and Lego games qualify.  Obviously i have someone who doesn't know their own ad.

Ended up calling back and the next person i talked to placed the order for me including the 40% off.

For anyone who says they've had a bad experience, there's quite a few things you can do. Even if for some reason you don't get the game or coupon because they don't have it for some reason, still buy something (cheap, like candy or soda). On any given receipt, they have a survey with code you can take, and believe it or not, TRU corporate lives and dies by these things and pays attention to them and any comments you might leave; if the store gets a bad score, they hear about it from someone who actually can do something.

Also, if you get an idiot calling the 800 number, just hang up and call back until you get someone who knows what they're doing, and failing that, ask for a supervisor. They also have a twitter, facebook page, and email contact too, just like any other retailer, and as any good CAG will tell you, the right amount of complaining may actually get you far more than you expect than just posting about it here will.
but, you see, I just want to play some games for cheap. All that work benefits the company more than the one reporting it...that takes time...time I could spend playing my game. So if the only way to get tru to follow thru on deals is to call and complain and stay on hold, then again, it's hardly worth $10.

I'm confused. Why are people complaining?

Because they won't let you use the coupons on the initial purchase? Even though that purchase is what is supposed to net you the coupon? Or because you can't use the coupon on a game that is on sale or part of another promotion when we knew going in (at least the last few days) that the T&C of the coupon forbid it?

I mean really... what are you guys complaining about?

If you went to the store, they had the games, they rang up B1G1 40% and they had a preorder coupon for each game you preordered I don't see what their is to bitch about.
there are multiple complaints regarding multiple issues. You just nailed down one. There are others, like mine, that are completely justifiable. I would actually read the complaints and exercise some basic empathy before bashing an entire group of people "bitching."

the buy one get one free on tru com worked a few days ago when i pre ordered mine but i haven't gotten it shipped yet anyone got theres shipped yet?

Can anyone confirm this for me:

Once an item is pricematched, all sales associated are void?

I attempted to pricematch all my Skylander figure purchases to the standard MSRP (TRU is always $1-$2 higher per item) which was no problem. But the B1G1 40% off did not occur and I was told it would not since I pricematched. I left empty handed. I know for a fact that I have done this before.

On the phone with TRU support right now and they don't even know. At least not the lady otp at the moment.

EDIT: Finally got someone who understood the question and confirmed that I should have received the price match and the 40% off.

No you shouldn't have. It is a known fact, confirmed by several of the contributors to this site who actually work for TRU that anytime you PM something the computer kicks out any attached promotions.

The only way you'll get a PM and the promotion is if a supervisor intervenes and manually marks down the products. That is highly YMMV.

Would I be able to use the 20% off Skylanders TRU coupon with my $10 off Manufacturers coupon for a Starter Pack?

Would I be able to use the 20% off Skylanders TRU coupon with my $10 off Manufacturers coupon for a Starter Pack?
I haven't gone to pick mine up, but somebody at the store used it. The $10 coupon that you cut out from the plastic bag from the Frito Lay Coupon is having trouble scanning though.

I haven't gone to pick mine up, but somebody at the store used it. The $10 coupon that you cut out from the plastic bag from the Frito Lay Coupon is having trouble scanning though.
I was able to use both today as one is a store coupon and one is a manufacturer's coupon. That said, you can't combine the TRU coupon with any other promo (pre-order Lightcore Hex, or B1G140%off). I chose the money over the Hex figure and walked out with the Starter pack for $55 after taxes.

...walked out with the Starter pack for $55 after taxes.
Same! Except I walked out with a pre-tax $50 Starter, a $13.60 Legendary Free Ranger and a $13.60 Magna Charge. Separate transactions for the starter & swappers, or it would have caused problems. Just be sure to hand the cashier the 20% off coupon, then when they have your total, hand them the $10 mfg coupon & patiently wait for them to say the obligatory "I'm not sure if this will work with the other one, but I can try <scan> oh! Look, it did!". Fortunately my Sidekicks coupon is the card version, not the inner bag version, so no problems physically scanning.

B1G140% is very tempting (saw Hot Dog & Fright Rider), but loses most of its appeal with the infamous "TRU Tax". Strange how they only do it to LEGOs and Skylanders.

B1G140% is very tempting (saw Hot Dog & Fright Rider), but loses most of its appeal with the infamous "TRU Tax". Strange how they only do it to LEGOs and Skylanders.
I'd say it's probably done to about 75% of the store. The other 25% is stuff only TRU sells so there is nothing to compare to.

No you shouldn't have. It is a known fact, confirmed by several of the contributors to this site who actually work for TRU that anytime you PM something the computer kicks out any attached promotions.
The only way you'll get a PM and the promotion is if a supervisor intervenes and manually marks down the products. That is highly YMMV.
I've gotten it but I did the sale first and returned a few days later with a sales ad which had one game cheaper,

The difference was $20 but by the time CS did a return re-buy I had to pay tax again, leaving with around $17. (This was exactly 1 year ago) obviously YMMV.

I came back from picking up my pre-order, walked out with the Wii U Starter pack, and the 2 battle packs for $96 after tax and discounts. I managed to score the free Hex and use the 20% off coupon and $10 coupon, a little hesitant but it all worked out in the end.

Nice if you can benefit a bit from the promotions.  However, a big  :censored: you to ToysRus for their pricing.  It's bad enough that they are charging more than any other seller, but today it was even more ridiculous. Yesterday, they were charging $16.99 for swapable Skylander characters, and today they've raised that to $18.49.  Oh, it gets better...if you want their 'legendary exclusives', you have to pay an extra $1.00...yep $19.49.

So, if you want to buy your Skylanders, go to Target, Walmart, Kmart, and even Gamestop.  And don't support these ridiculous prices.

Nice if you can benefit a bit from the promotions. However, a big :censored: you to ToysRus for their pricing. It's bad enough that they are charging more than any other seller, but today it was even more ridiculous. Yesterday, they were charging $16.99 for swapable Skylander characters, and today they've raised that to $18.49. Oh, it gets better...if you want their 'legendary exclusives', you have to pay an extra $1.00...yep $19.49.

So, if you want to buy your Skylanders, go to Target, Walmart, Kmart, and even Gamestop. And don't support these ridiculous prices.
Did they change the price in store? If they did.... Wow....

Did they change the price in store? If they did.... Wow....
Brand new signs as of this morning with the new markups. They didn't even honor their weekly pricing structure. Basically, if you didn't grab it yesterday (at B1G 40%) you should just go to Target or anywhere else as it'll be cheaper regardless.

Brand new signs as of this morning with the new markups. They didn't even honor their weekly pricing structure. Basically, if you didn't grab it yesterday (at B1G 40%) you should just go to Target or anywhere else as it'll be cheaper regardless.
The website still is showing the orginal pricing so if you do an instore pickup it should keep it at the lower price with the. 40% off

My store didn't get these mark ups.

I just had a horrible experience with my local store and the 800 number. I was in line to pick up my preorders with a couple other people waiting on Pokemon X&Y, and once we got inside and waiting on the cashier to get some info from the stock room, they said they did not have the game in stock. And not only did they not have the game in stock, it wasn't going to be in their next shipment and it was going to be 1-2 weeks before they probably received them. I walked out upset and decided to call the 800 number when I got home. I explained the situation and they were of zero help. All I heard was "my supervisor says no" on every question I had. The customer service rep didn't even ask the store in question. How can you not have what is to be presumed Nintendo's #1 selling title for this year in stock on release day as well as having it advertised in your weekly circular? They had no answers for me, just simply told me they wouldn't do anything about it. I'm done with TRU for the time being. Their lack of planning involved and customer service was horrible.

Redemption! The store I preordered from received their shipment in today, so I was able to pick up the games. The cashier said they didn't get the coupons in for the preorders, so she got a manager. The manager asked me if he could just take $20 off my total and I said absolutely! I was able get both games for $46.XX.

So, forgive me if this has already been asked, but does this "Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off" sale replace the better "Buy 2 Get 1 FREE" sale from years past in October?  It seems like TRU's sales and deals are getting weaker.  This is even a step down from the "Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off."

I'm not having any luck with the b1g1 40% off or the $10 coupon.

Is there something special I need to be doing? I mentioned it was on the website and I was told something like....well that might be only for the website.

The website will not give me the 40% off either.

Redemption! The store I preordered from received their shipment in today, so I was able to pick up the games. The cashier said they didn't get the coupons in for the preorders, so she got a manager. The manager asked me if he could just take $20 off my total and I said absolutely! I was able get both games for $46.XX.
that's great for you, but yet again, a huge pathetic fail for a tru retail location. Not sure why josh moved from Kmart to tru when the sane bullshit persists. Maybe the format Josh uses is fundamentally broken.

that's great for you, but yet again, a huge pathetic fail for a tru retail location. Not sure why josh moved from Kmart to tru when the sane bullshit persists. Maybe the format Josh uses is fundamentally broken.
Just to reiterate again, I don't work for TRU, I really only act as a consultant. I'm pushing them for better offers and to be as aggressive as possible but I literally control nothing.

I do however pass along all feedback I see and try as hard as possible to provide a voice for the community to corporate so they can see the impact of decisions both positive and negative.

I've been searching this thread and haven't found an answer yet. Does this deal included preorder games in the b1g1? Just curious. 

week after week, deal after deal, it just keeps having problems, huh?

"wow kmart Toys R US is trying to break through into video games and giving all these deals to grab customers from gamestop/amazon!"

followed by 

"oh shit nothing worked as advertised and the employees made me feel terrible"

Fortunately the GTA5 deal worked pretty well. 

WTF, Wave 2 is out already! (only at TRU until November 1st)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUNUpFielj8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUp1JDmORpR7wxtvCijaSF8w

Not sure what TRU did to procure this, but they're doing a bang-up job.  They also seem to be the only retailer actually keeping themself fully stocked, and it's not from a lack of purchases.

My son really wants Grilla Drilla, I thought I'd have to wait until well beyond Christmas time like last year, not 3 days after release.  (Why isn't there a Swap Force thread?)

WTF, Wave 2 is out already! (only at TRU until November 1st)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUNUpFielj8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUp1JDmORpR7wxtvCijaSF8w

Not sure what TRU did to procure this, but they're doing a bang-up job. They also seem to be the only retailer actually keeping themself fully stocked, and it's not from a lack of purchases.

My son really wants Grilla Drilla, I thought I'd have to wait until well beyond Christmas time like last year, not 3 days after release. (Why isn't there a Swap Force thread?)
Well,

as I mentioned they may have bought their time for having it only to themselves for a few days. But as a consumer, you need to check your prices. In NY, they are charging $18.49 for swapable characters when others are charging $14.99-$15.99. Even if you buy a couple at B1G1 40%, you're still paying more by buying them there.

Someone mentioned that you could make an order online, and do a store pickup (they are charing $16.99 online), but they are not making wave 2 available for in store pick up.

So, forgive me if this has already been asked, but does this "Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off" sale replace the better "Buy 2 Get 1 FREE" sale from years past in October? It seems like TRU's sales and deals are getting weaker. This is even a step down from the "Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off."

I also would would like to know. My local tru employee said that they will be doing the b2g1 sale but he couldn't tell me when. I'd like like to wait for for it but I also don't want to miss this sale if it replaced it.

Well,

as I mentioned they may have bought their time for having it only to themselves for a few days. But as a consumer, you need to check your prices. In NY, they are charging $18.49 for swapable characters when others are charging $14.99-$15.99. Even if you buy a couple at B1G1 40%, you're still paying more by buying them there.

Someone mentioned that you could make an order online, and do a store pickup (they are charing $16.99 online), but they are not making wave 2 available for in store pick up.
Not sure how you did your math, but you are not paying more with b1g1 40% off, even if you aren't saving much.

Next week $15 gift card with purchase for any platform

Spongebob Plantons Robitc Revenge

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Plus Free 2" TMNT mini figure 4 pack with any TMNT game purchase.

bread's done
Back