TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to do the BAO preorder last night.  As others have said, they had no preorder slips & were clueless how to proceed.  Finally got to a manger who listened to what I was saying about the promo & where to find the info.  She found it on the register/computer, but said she still hadn't seen the pad of $15 off slips.  She said no worries, took my info down, promised to call me when the game came in and "make it right" regardless of not being able to preorder.  I'm hoping she actually follows through.  It's a shame when the customer has to walk an employee/manager through their own system.  At least there are some willing to take the journey.

I pre-ordered, but I'm waiting to get a general idea of what I should expect picking it up--especially since this is my first time shopping there with Josh as an ambassador. Is there a prompt that tells the cashier what I should receive (i.e., so it can be verified getting the gift card cancels out the coupon)? I miss the olden Kmart days, where customers lived and died by whether or not the coupon(s) printed. (sniff)

If my TRU had actually got some of the preorder slips for Batman I might have picked it up today. I ran into the same issue with Pokemon as well.

Not sure if you are aware, but TRU is cheap on the preorder slips. They now have like 5-6 items on one card. They do not have single preorder cards. Batmans is with ass creed black flag and other shit. They are very tiny pictures so examine every card closely.

I still have a $15 gc that came with GTAV...does that expire? The salesperson said it didn't but I thought I remembered someone on here saying it did. There's nothing I'm really eager to buy right now but I didn't want it to go to waste.

Tried to do the BAO preorder last night. As others have said, they had no preorder slips & were clueless how to proceed. Finally got to a manger who listened to what I was saying about the promo & where to find the info. She found it on the register/computer, but said she still hadn't seen the pad of $15 off slips. She said no worries, took my info down, promised to call me when the game came in and "make it right" regardless of not being able to preorder. I'm hoping she actually follows through. It's a shame when the customer has to walk an employee/manager through their own system. At least there are some willing to take the journey.
Exactly same with mine! Except this was for Pokemon X and Y... Their employee working in the Gaming Department is so inept is hillarious XD

Man I been gone to long, Josh is back! I've been a big buyer back at Kmart. Almost every Tuesday when something came out.
To bad all the Kmarts in the bronx suck! Well I have to ask..., any next gen deals???
I am definitely pushing them to come out strong. I don't have the details yet to release them but hopefully soon!

I pre-ordered, but I'm waiting to get a general idea of what I should expect picking it up--especially since this is my first time shopping there with Josh as an ambassador. Is there a prompt that tells the cashier what I should receive (i.e., so it can be verified getting the gift card cancels out the coupon)? I miss the olden Kmart days, where customers lived and died by whether or not the coupon(s) printed. (sniff)
It's just like the Kmart days except with me without any real power but with TRU usually being just a better place to shop :)

Is there going to be a deal on BF4 360 next week?

I have a $25 gift card expiring 11/2 and nothing really to use it on besides buying whatever with plans of returning just to keep the GC $ from expiring. :(

Thanks

I still have a $15 gc that came with GTAV...does that expire? The salesperson said it didn't but I thought I remembered someone on here saying it did. There's nothing I'm really eager to buy right now but I didn't want it to go to waste.
if you got issued a promo gc then yes it would expire on 11/2. If it's a promo card, it states it on the front of the card itself. If it's a standard issue GC, then the cashier was right, it won't expire.

Just picked up my Arkham Origins and got the $15 coupon and $20 gift card no problem....even used my $15 gc i got for buying Lego Marvel Superheroes

if you got issued a promo gc then yes it would expire on 11/2. If it's a promo card, it states it on the front of the card itself. If it's a standard issue GC, then the cashier was right, it won't expire.
What donut said. It prob was supposed to be a promo card that expires. Sometimes they run out of the promo cards though. In that case they will issue a tru gift card for the same value in its place, which never expires. So really only you would know if it expires or not based on what the sales associate told you they were giving you.

What donut said. It prob was supposed to be a promo card that expires. Sometimes they run out of the promo cards though. In that case they will issue a tru gift card for the same value in its place, which never expires. So really only you would know if it expires or not based on what the sales associate told you they were giving you.
Yeah it says promotional. Guess I'll pick up Bioshock Infinite, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

Came on here to say the deal worked just fine for me today and realized OP was Josh!!

Welcome back buddy!!

Looking forward to seeing what deals you have cranked out for BF4 and AC: Blackflag!!

Both the $10 discount and free $20 gift card offers stacked for Batman: AO. Employee couldn't scan the bar codes from the coupons for some reason though. She manually typed them in and got it to work. TRU's copies include the Deathstroke DLC too. Great deals!!!! Thanks guys!

Both the $10 discount and free $20 gift card offers stacked for Batman: AO. Employee couldn't scan the bar codes from the coupons for some reason though. She manually typed them in and got it to work. TRU's copies include the Deathstroke DLC too. Great deals!!!! Thanks guys!
Can you post links to these other offers?

Didn't know of these.

just picked up my BAO preorder and used the $10 GTAV card on it...didn't get the $15 GC but got a $20 one from the coupon

Hey Joshua would you be able to share with us how well this Origins promo did?

Just curious. Either way great for hooking us up!

It's mad penis that the GC deal didn't work on the Wii U version. Instead of encouraging people to buy the slow seller, you just reward people who were going to buy it anyway. Uncool. Guess I'll just PC it now.

Ok, I take it back, had an amazing experience at TRU. Was able to use a $10 off coupon, plus the $20 gift card coupon, which she put on a standard gc with no expiration. Also used the $15 gift card from LEGO Marvel. Received a $15 off coupon for the Batman preorder and she let me keep the $10 off coupon to boot! Good times

Hey guys! I'm kinda confused by this deal. I pre-ordered Batman and they mentioned the $15 when I pick it up, as it stands I get that plus a $20 gc thats exclusive to batman? And theres a $10 coupon to use too? Is this all true? Help me out PLEASE!

Hey guys! I'm kinda confused by this deal. I pre-ordered Batman and they mentioned the $15 when I pick it up, as it stands I get that plus a $20 gc thats exclusive to batman? And theres a $10 coupon to use too? Is this all true? Help me out PLEASE!
Ok, so by preordering for $1, you will receive the $15 off coupon (physical, white printed sheet from tear off pad) upon purchase of the game. When you pick up your preorder, show them the coupon for the $20 gift card (valid today only I believe).

If you preordered something else, like the pokemon games for instance, you would have a $10 off physical coupon that could be stacked with the $20 gc coupon.

Also, you could buy LEGO Marvel and get the $15 gift card from that promo that's still running and apply it to batman later in the day, like I did.

Hope that's clear, basically unless you had a $10 coupon from an earlier purchase, your best bet is $20 gc plus $15 preorder coupon. But while you're there, preorder AC IV and keep rolling your coupons and gift cards ;-)

Had to go to class last night and couldn't pre-order :'(

Missing out on the $15 coupons sucks, but I have a bunch of the $10 ones left to use and double dip w/ the $20 GC.

I also received the $15 pre-order coupon and $20 gift card. Although, everything worked out through luck, in my opinion. No one but the manager knew about the pre-order coupons, and at one point, the cashier offered to give me a $10 coupon in addition to the $15 pre-order coupon. I basically told her to keep it, and to apply the gift card promotion instead. In the end, I don't know if both promotions technically stack.

Coupon train, here I come. Thanks, Josh.

Buy something, keep it sealed and return within 7-14 days. Little shady but extends your gift card life As they'll re issue another.

Well that sucked. Our TRU didn't receive Arkham Origins...and they won't honor the coupon when it comes in. I can understand if they sold out and I came in late...but it is not my fault they didn't get a shipment on time.

I am done with Toys R Us. That is horrible customer service.

employee tried telling me the coupon was inside the game...

They should know better! I had to walk them through this when Pokemon X/Y came out. Now they're saying they can't find the coupon pads. I'm going to guess they just game them out for every video game purchase over the last 1-2 weeks and ran out of them.

They should know better! I had to walk them through this when Pokemon X/Y came out. Now they're saying they can't find the coupon pads. I'm going to guess they just game them out for every video game purchase over the last 1-2 weeks and ran out of them.
I would have made him open the game, Batman-style.

Or, I would have argued that the coupons are for pre-orders only. "Where is it!?" (smashes employee's hand)

Had no problem today.  Picked up preorder and total was 58.99.  Took $10 off from coupon making it 48.99 + tax.

Got a $20 gift card that will activate after 6 hours and a $15 coupon for future purchase.  Plan to go back tomorrow and pickup Batman Blackgate for the Vita for 39.99 minus $10 coupon minus $20 gift card for $10 OOP.

$60 + tax out of pocket for both games. Pretty great deal. Essentially got Arkham Origins for PS3 and free copy of Batman for Vita.

Had no problem today. Picked up preorder and total was 58.99. Took $10 off from coupon making it 48.99 + tax.

Got a $20 gift card that will activate after 6 hours and a $15 coupon for future purchase. Plan to go back tomorrow and pickup Batman Blackgate for the Vita for 39.99 minus $10 coupon minus $20 gift card for $10 OOP.

$60 + tax out of pocket for both games. Pretty great deal. Essentially got Arkham Origins for PS3 and free copy of Batman for Vita.
Before making an unnecessary trip to the store. The $20 gift card coupon was only good for Friday. Also only worked on PS3 and 360 versions.

Edit: misread that

Well that sucked. Our TRU didn't receive Arkham Origins...and they won't honor the coupon when it comes in. I can understand if they sold out and I came in late...but it is not my fault they didn't get a shipment on time.

I am done with Toys R Us. That is horrible customer service.
Yeah, I was thinking about this happening as I left Toys R Us today (and after a decent experience buying Batman).

A store shouldn't take preorders if a store can't guarantee having those games on release date. And then to refuse previous sale prices or promotions when they do receive your promised item...is bullshit. I think I'd probably completely refuse to return to a store if I had that experience.

I would expect a $20 gift card or something, if a game I pre-ordered wasn't received...Hell, the game should be free.

Ok, I take it back, had an amazing experience at TRU. Was able to use a $10 off coupon, plus the $20 gift card coupon, which she put on a standard gc with no expiration. Also used the $15 gift card from LEGO Marvel. Received a $15 off coupon for the Batman preorder and she let me keep the $10 off coupon to boot! Good times
Uh... just so people don't get confused, I'm going to edit the first part of that second to last sentence of yours as follows:

Received a $15 off coupon for FOLLOWING THROUGH AND PICKING UP the Batman preorder...

I would have made him open the game, Batman-style.

Or, I would have argued that the coupons are for pre-orders only. "Where is it!?" (smashes employee's hand)
If it happens again, tell the employee to look at the fine print on the lower backside of the blue pre-order cards for these games. It clearly mentions there that they are supposed to give out $15 off game coupons when guests pick-up their pre-ordered games of $59.99 or more. There is a limit of 5 coupons that they are supposed to give out per guest though (to restrict hoarders/resellers I suppose).

As to why your local TRU don't have any, this might be the reason. In 4 of my local branches, many employees were simply not aware of this promotion, and didn't know where the pads comprising of these coupons were. After getting them to check with their managers and searching around in their drawers (both at electronics and customer service), and even the back offices if need be, these pads then started to appear somehow. So just have them do a thorough look-through, and make sure to point out that you are entitled to receive these coupon(s) for following through and picking up your pre-order!

Same thing happened to me but they wrote on the coupon to honor it when i come back.
Out of curiosity, what store was this? Mine was in Colorado Springs. This is the second bad experience I had at this store. Unfortunately it's the only store within 50 miles.

The thing that chaps me...she said she would honor it if they knew they were going to get it within a few days, but she said it may take weeks for them to get it.

I'm really bummed, was looking so forward to this game and was pretty excited about this deal...and now it's kind of buzzkill.

Oh well,

It was in Orlando at the Florida Mall Store. I would call their customer service, I did cause a big release like this with a special promo on release date  should have a backup plan in case they don't get their shipment in. I was there for 45 minute while they looked for the game and the dude that worked there was  mad that i asked him to look.

To those who have played origins, is it good?
I just started playing on the PC and like it so far. If you like AA and AC, you should like Origins. To me it plays and feels a lot like an expansion to AC. If I were just a console gamer, I would have probably waited for a price drop on it. I was lucky and picked it up for $18 on PC due to the influx of steam keys from the Nvidia promotion.

Hope that helps.

It was in Orlando at the Florida Mall Store. I would call their customer service, I did cause a big release like this with a special promo on release date should have a backup plan in case they don't get their shipment in. I was there for 45 minute while they looked for the game and the dude that worked there was mad that i asked him to look.
Considering how close the Millenia store is to the one at Florida Mall, I only go there if I have to. Tourist traffic is significantly lower, and they seem generally nicer.

since the batman deal is over, so can Josh or prim4444 confirm next weeks deal? Buy 2 $59.99 games, get a $40 gc?
So does that mean i can preorder assassins creed 4 & battlefield 4 & get the $15 gaming coupons plus the $40 gc when i pick it up on tuesday????

bread's done
Back