TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont understand all these coupons AND gift cards people are getting...but I simply got a $15 gc after buying Lego Marvel (surprised that, for once, my local TRU acknowledged that a deal existed).

..i also preordered Call of Duty Ghosts because you apparently get a gift card for that too. But was I supposed to get it that day? Or do I get the gc at pickup? Hell, is the promo still even in existence?

I dont understand all these coupons AND gift cards people are getting...but I simply got a $15 gc after buying Lego Marvel (surprised that, for once, my local TRU acknowledged that a deal existed).

..i also preordered Call of Duty Ghosts because you apparently get a gift card for that too. But was I supposed to get it that day? Or do I get the gc at pickup? Hell, is the promo still even in existence?
You get a $15 gaming coupon when you pick it up, i believe it will be on your receipt

Picked up TMNT Wii. Really wanted to do the 3-for-$35 but it was so freaking hard to find 1 game, let alone 3. Ended up with Lego Harry Potter 1-5, Lego Pirates, and Lego LOTR.

That's actually false, the $15 off is a physical coupon that is torn off a white pad and is only given out at the time of a pre-ordered game's purchase. It doesn't print and part of the reason people are having issues is because the csr has to know about the promo and actually find the physical pad in the store to tear off a coupon.

... issues is because the csr has to know about the promo and actually find the physical pad in the store to tear off a coupon.
willing to bet that my local TRU will conveniently have no idea about the promo on pick up day, despite acknowledging it before I preordered. So is the story of TRU in Norwalk, CT. So sad that this is even possible. BB and GS employees constantly know about the promos they offer.

and showing a CAG thread started by Josh to an employee means squat. Learned that the other day lol. Twice. I know it's not official and holds no weight, but if I worked at a games retailer and saw it, I would at least look into it because I know CAG is legit. Too bad the masses dont agree.

To those who have played origins, is it good?
I picked it up yesterday and started playing it today, so far so good. Feels a lot like AA and AC so if you enjoyed those then you wont be disappointed here.

Glad to hear some folks had success with the coupons, GTA V was a nightmare to read on here lol

Hmmm 40 dollar gift card for buying 2 games. Good time to pick up Batman, AC4, and use that coupon on Marvel Lego. Think i may do that. I havent seen any other good deals on AC4, and i missed out on the batman, marvel deals.

Do you know if this one will require a coupon like w/ Arkham Origins, or can I just go in and buy sets of 2 for $40GC each time?
No, these "buy 2 get $40 gift card" sales typically don't require any coupons. This sale should also be mentioned on the TRU weekly ad starting tomorrow (10/27). But sometimes TRU employees/managers restrict the number of copies per title that you can buy because they want to prevent hoarders/re-sellers from buying up all copies of the popular games.

willing to bet that my local TRU will conveniently have no idea about the promo on pick up day, despite acknowledging it before I preordered. So is the story of TRU in Norwalk, CT. So sad that this is even possible. BB and GS employees constantly know about the promos they offer.

and showing a CAG thread started by Josh to an employee means squat. Learned that the other day lol. Twice. I know it's not official and holds no weight, but if I worked at a games retailer and saw it, I would at least look into it because I know CAG is legit. Too bad the masses dont agree.
I posted about this a couple of pages ago, but here is what you need to tell their employees, rather than try and get them to look up the CAG website (lol). Ask them to look at the fine print located on the lower backside of the pre-order game reservation cards. It clearly states there that they are to hand out a $15 off game coupon after the guest picks up their pre-ordered game(s) priced at $59.99 or more. There is a limit of 5 coupons that they can hand out to each guest though.

I posted about this a couple of pages ago, but here is what you need to tell their employees, rather than try and get them to look up the CAG website (lol). Ask them to look at the fine print located on the lower backside of the pre-order game reservation cards. It clearly states there that they are to hand out a $15 off game coupon after the guest picks up their pre-ordered game(s) priced at $59.99 or more. There is a limit of 5 coupons that they can hand out to each guest though.
that's great. I'll have to verify that it says it on my cod ghosts card. Thanks a bunch. I would've never thought to look there.

So would this work correctly?

1. Pre order AC4

2. Pick up AC4 + Batman Arkham Origins on Oct 31st = $15 coupon from pre order + $40 dollar gift card from buying two 59.99 games

3. Get $12 gift card in the mail later from 10% offer.

Lol @ that list of qualifying 3ds titles. I want to look into the Regular Show game, as the developer also made the great Adventure Time 3ds game. But finding a second game to go with the promo...not gonna happen lol. Also to note, Regular Show game is msrp $30, so go for the $40 games to get the best out of the deal.

thanks josh, great deal on console titles; two new games at essentially $40 pop ain't bad at all. If I wasn't already drowning in the backlog of games I've recently acquired from TRU and Gamestop, I'd be in for Batman AO and Wonderful 101.

What are the chances that there will be a line on Tuesday for the Jack figure? I plan on going there for the Skylanders deal.

Thank you for updating the OP, Josh. You're doing a great job with these promotions. Hopefully it'll stay profitable for Toysrus.
they look at profits of course but don't forget the fact that these deals keep you coming in which means extra sales opportunities aplenty in other departments. Not to mention, it keeps us away from competitors (mind share). So it doesn't have to be highly profitable to be deemed successful. It's more about how it contributes to the company as a whole.

I got a great deal on LEGO Marvel and on our way out my girlfriend picked up a card and gift wrap and I bought a soda. Could've easily bought it elsewhere, and probably for cheaper, but TRU had mindshare at that point in time. Multiply that buy the number of new customers these CAG deals bring.

look at Best Buy - how in the hell is it sustainable to offer 100% trade in bonus, in which in many cases the trade in value is greater than the used game price? They have been doing it for years. But the money we get from it has to be used at BB, and we'll most likely be spending cash in addition to the card.

Lol @ that list of qualifying 3ds titles. I want to look into the Regular Show game, as the developer also made the great Adventure Time 3ds game. But finding a second game to go with the promo...not gonna happen lol. Also to note, Regular Show game is msrp $30, so go for the $40 games to get the best out of the deal.

thanks josh, great deal on console titles; two new games at essentially $40 pop ain't bad at all. If I wasn't already drowning in the backlog of games I've recently acquired from TRU and Gamestop, I'd be in for Batman AO and Wonderful 101.
Scribblenauts Unmasked (or Unlimited) is an excellent game

So There is no 2 for $20 3ds promo correct?

I know the 2 for $40 is going on but I saw the title here and before reading the thread I actually went to the tru website and looked at the Sunday paper lol.

they look at profits of course but don't forget the fact that these deals keep you coming in which means extra sales opportunities aplenty in other departments. Not to mention, it keeps us away from competitors (mind share). So it doesn't have to be highly profitable to be deemed successful. It's more about how it contributes to the company as a whole.

I got a great deal on LEGO Marvel and on our way out my girlfriend picked up a card and gift wrap and I bought a soda. Could've easily bought it elsewhere, and probably for cheaper, but TRU had mindshare at that point in time. Multiply that buy the number of new customers these CAG deals bring.

look at Best Buy - how in the hell is it sustainable to offer 100% trade in bonus, in which in many cases the trade in value is greater than the used game price? They have been doing it for years. But the money we get from it has to be used at BB, and we'll most likely be spending cash in addition to the card.
In my case with Bestbuy not if you get pre-paid Visa's :).....

acknowledged, though I should have added that I get my scribblenauts games for PC and then use my TV as the monitor and share a keyboard between my girlfriend and I. Ultimate way to play IMO thanks to the cheaper price and best control scheme. Very interesting to see what others come up with and funnier to see it fail miserably.

Crap my son just used the last of his B-day money on the Wipeout and P&F 3DS games during the B1G1 40% off deal. I think he paid $52.00 after taxes. I might just do a return and rebuy for him this week that way he can buy himself a new 3DS case or the next Infinity TRU gold pack with his own money.

I haven't been following this thread; is TRU getting the new Mario/Luigi Wii U bundle on Friday?  Could go well with the GC offer, quick way to stock up on Wii U games.

Josh (or Prim),

For the last 2-3 days my TRU Rewards account has been showing a $0 balance for the 10% back pre-holiday promotion. I created a thread of CAG and others are experiencing the same.

Are they going to fix this?

The rewards account correctly reflects the standard points earned but it is showing a zero balance for the 10% back instead of the actual total

Josh (or Prim),

For the last 2-3 days my TRU Rewards account has been showing a $0 balance for the 10% back pre-holiday promotion. I created a thread of CAG and others are experiencing the same.

The rewards account correctly reflects the standard points earned but it is showing a zero balance for the 10% back instead of the actual total
I just happened to notice mine shows zero as well, and i was already ticked it seems to be showing i'm not getting any points or credit for the two pokemon games simply because I preordered them.

Josh (or Prim),

yeah just saw this myself and if you look it says costumes and toys looks like they are trying to change the promotion after the fact. josh needs to tell them to train people in the stores to understand the promo's if they want to get us in the stores.

so is it still possible to pre order ac4 and battlefield to get the bonus $15 off a game $59.99 and buy two $59.99 games get a $40 gift card?

I just happened to notice mine shows zero as well, and i was already ticked it seems to be showing i'm not getting any points or credit for the two pokemon games simply because I preordered them.
Yea I saw this also. I called in and the lady on the phone said I wouldnt get points until I picked up my layaway (referring to my pokemon purchases)

I explained to her that I had no layaway and my receipt shows that I paid $67 for the games.

She said she would update it and would take 24-48 hrs. Also told me the holiday calculator was messed up. I'll give you guys an update as soon as I see something in my account.

Unmasked is better, but yes.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in DC, there's plenty of cool stuff here. Considering that the WiiU's online features/hero mode was DoA, there's really no reason to not get the 3DS version unless the halfhearted multiplayer is really that important to you.

acknowledged, though I should have added that I get my scribblenauts games for PC and then use my TV as the monitor and share a keyboard between my girlfriend and I. Ultimate way to play IMO thanks to the cheaper price and best control scheme. Very interesting to see what others come up with and funnier to see it fail miserably.
Uh, Scribblenauts on WiiU has already seen some very heavy discounts (at least in my area) that have made if cheaper. Worst case scenario, just take the leaked Gamestop Black Friday ad to a store that'll PM ads and get it for $25. Do that at Wal-Mart and you'll even get a free movie. Or, even better, just take advantage of this sale and get the 3DS version for $20. I hate to break it to you, but unless you bought on launch day, you got fleeced if you really paid $40 for that game. This is a rare instance where Steam was actually the priciest option, short of just blindly paying MSRP.

Last edited:

I'd highly recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in DC, there's plenty of cool stuff here. Considering that the WiiU's online features/hero mode was DoA, there's really no reason to not get the 3DS version unless the halfhearted multiplayer is really that important to you.

Uh, Scribblenauts on WiiU has already seen some very heavy discounts (at least in my area) that have made if cheaper. Worst case scenario, just take the leaked Gamestop Black Friday ad to a store that'll PM ads and get it for $25. Do that at Wal-Mart and you'll even get a free movie. Or, even better, just take advantage of this sale and get the 3DS version for $20. I hate to break it to you, but unless you bought on launch day, you got fleeced if you really paid $40 for that game. This is a rare instance where Steam was actually the priciest option, short of just blindly paying MSRP.
haven't bought it yet. Still working on Unlimited. I wait for the next steam sale and the latest scribblenauts is usually no more than $20. That's what I think Scribblenauts games are worth anyhow - no more than your typically good psn game.

So would this work correctly?

1. Pre order AC4
2. Pick up AC4 + Batman Arkham Origins on Oct 31st = $15 coupon from pre order + $40 dollar gift card from buying two 59.99 games
3. Get $12 gift card in the mail later from 10% offer.

When I tried using it on a pair of $60 games yesterday, the cashier said my $15 coupon wasn't stacking. There's a remote chance that the employee wasn't honest with me but I really don't see why he would since he seemed willing to try it out with the $40GC promo. You guys can try confirming yourself tomorrow but I'm skeptical it will work.

GBAstar said:
Just wanted to post that the credit for the pre-holiday 10% promotion is now back in my account. Hopefully it stays that way....
Mine too.. kind of sick that we are getting $93.00 back. That means we spent $930.00+ there in less than a month. That's not even counting the $350.00 we spent on two car seats for my daughter since they don't count towards the promotion.

I was thinking of picking up a Pokemon 3DS XL LE Console since my TRU still has it in stock and because of today's groupon. It will qualify for the pre-holiday promotion correct? I did read their terms and conditions, but wanted to be extra sure.

Edit: Cool. Thanks for the answer GBAstar!

I was thinking of picking up a Pokemon 3DS XL LE Console since my TRU still has it in stock and because of today's groupon. It will qualify for the pre-holiday promotion correct? I did read their terms and conditions, but wanted to be extra sure.

I bought a 3DS earlier in the promotion and I got 10% back for it; it took 3-4 days for the points to show up.

Someone else said the first $30 worth of purchases don't count and as odd as that sounds it appears that I didn't get credit for the first $30 either.

Lastly my balance went from $60.xx to $0 a few days ago and stayed that way until today where it went back to normal.

What's DoA on Wii U? My daughter just got it over the weekend, so we haven't checked it out too much yet. There's a problem?

Next week.  $10 off any game $59.99 or more, $30 off any 2 games $59.99 or more. The pre order coupons will not work this week due to the sale.

Some people might prefer this since it's a straight discount and less money out of pocket, then having to worry about a gift card. 

And yes, you can buy two copies of COD Ghosts.

prim4444 said:
Next week. $10 off any game $59.99 or more, $30 off any 2 games $59.99 or more. The pre order coupons will not work this week due to the sale.

Some people might prefer this since it's a straight discount and less money out of pocket, then having to worry about a gift card.

And yes, you can buy two copies of COD Ghosts.
Any Skylanders or Infinity sales that week you can post?

bread's done
Back