TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next week. $10 off any game $59.99 or more, $30 off any 2 games $59.99 or more. The pre order coupons will not work this week due to the sale.

Some people might prefer this since it's a straight discount and less money out of pocket, then having to worry about a gift card.

And yes, you can buy two copies of COD Ghosts.
Thanks for the heads up prim.

Next week. $10 off any game $59.99 or more, $30 off any 2 games $59.99 or more. The pre order coupons will not work this week due to the sale.

Some people might prefer this since it's a straight discount and less money out of pocket, then having to worry about a gift card.

Wonder if the Groupon deals will stack with the "$10 off any game $59.99 or more" deal

Hmm .. so the $15 off coupon won't work on the week COD is releasing ... interesting ;-)

So, here's a question, if I'm picking up Battlefield 4 and AC IV tomorrow, can I use a $15 off coupon and a $10 off coupon because it's two games? I'm guessing it will limit me to one because it's a single transaction to get the $40 gc but just wanted to make sure.

Have my $15 off pre-order coupon, $20 Arkham Origins gc, and my groupons for tomorrow ... my body is ready

Hmm .. so the $15 off coupon won't work on the week COD is releasing ... interesting ;-)

So, here's a question, if I'm picking up Battlefield 4 and AC IV tomorrow, can I use a $15 off coupon and a $10 off coupon because it's two games? I'm guessing it will limit me to one because it's a single transaction to get the $40 gc but just wanted to make sure.

Have my $15 off pre-order coupon, $20 Arkham Origins gc, and my groupons for tomorrow ... my body is ready
Nope. The $40 gift card promo will kick out both pre order coupons due to the regular price restriction.

So would this work correctly?

1. Pre order AC4

2. Pick up AC4 + Batman Arkham Origins on Oct 31st = $15 coupon from pre order + $40 dollar gift card from buying two 59.99 games

3. Get $12 gift card in the mail later from 10% offer.

I'm also wondering if i can do that

Yeah, sounds like a solid plan for you guys. Pre-order AC4, and you'll receive a $15 off coupon when you pick it up. And if you buy Batman - Arkham Origins as well with it prior to the 31st, then you'll not only get the $40 GC, but also $12 in rewards from the TRU Rewards R US program.

When I tried using it on a pair of $60 games yesterday, the cashier said my $15 coupon wasn't stacking. There's a remote chance that the employee wasn't honest with me but I really don't see why he would since he seemed willing to try it out with the $40GC promo. You guys can try confirming yourself tomorrow but I'm skeptical it will work.
Uh... they were only asking if they would receive a $15 off coupon for pre-ordering AC4, not about how it can be used. However, the OP does mention that these $15 (or $10) off coupons won't stack in a single transaction, no matter how many games you buy in that transaction.

Nope. The $40 gift card promo will kick out both pre order coupons due to the regular price restriction.
Well, even if the $40 GC promo brings each of the games' prices down to $39.99, shouldn't the $10 off coupon still work then (at least for 1 game anyway, because it may give a duplicate error if you try to use 2 of the $10 off coupons)?

Well, even if the $40 GC promo brings each of the games' prices down to $39.99, shouldn't the $10 off coupon still work then (at least for 1 game anyway, because it may give a duplicate error if you try to use 2 of the $10 off coupons)?
The pre order coupon can only be used on regular priced games. Once the $40 gift card promo activates, it makes the games sale items, no longer regular price items in the system.

Yeah, sounds like a solid plan for you guys. Pre-order AC4, and you'll receive a $15 off coupon when you pick it up. And if you buy Batman - Arkham Origins as well with it prior to the 31st, then you'll not only get the $40 GC, but also $12 in rewards from the TRU Rewards R US program.

Uh... they were only asking if they would receive a $15 off coupon for pre-ordering AC4, not about how it can be used. However, the OP does mention that these $15 (or $10) off coupons won't stack in a single transaction, no matter how many games you buy in that transaction.
Gotcha. I quoted the wrong post but my point was I'm pretty sure that the coupon can't be applied in the same transaction.

The pre order coupon can only be used on regular priced games. Once the $40 gift card promo activates, it makes the games sale items, no longer regular price items in the system.
ToysRUs has a very finicky computer system. The more stories I hear from customers...the more I liked the printed coupons at Kmart. Very little hassle, if you could find an employee.

Ah, yes if they're shown as sale items, then the coupons shouldn't work. But since we were able to use the Batman - Arkham Origins 1-day gift card coupon and got that to stack with either of these $15 or $10 off coupons on the 26th, it might be worth giving this a shot anyway.

Ah, yes if they're shown as sale items, then the coupons shouldn't work. But since we were able to use the Batman - Arkham Origins 1-day gift card coupon and got that to stack with either of these $15 or $10 off coupons on the 26th, it might be worth giving this a shot anyway.
And in this case, there was no promo originally attached to Batman. Using a coupon on an item to get a gift card does not effect the regular/sale status of an item, thus being able to use the pre order coupon in conjunction with the gift card coupon.

And in this case, there was no promo originally attached to Batman. Using a coupon on an item to get a gift card does not effect the regular/sale status of an item, thus being able to use the pre order coupon in conjunction with the gift card coupon.
Hmm... but even so, when you look at the receipt, doesn't it always show the gift card as a separate item regardless of how you got it (with a coupon, or through an automatic store advertised promo)? That is then followed by another line saying gift card promo (with a negative value to offset the gift card amount... thereby making the GC free). The value of the game itself doesn't get marked down on the receipt. There is a line after all of that however that shows the actual refund value one would get if they tried to return the game(s) and keep the gift card, and here the value of the gift card is subtracted to prevent arbitrage. But otherwise, the receipts do show that you're paying for the the full price of the game, and that's what makes me think the $15 or $10 off coupons might have a chance to work. And if it doesn't, then it doesn't. Oh well.

Thanks for posting this!Was considering getting a digital copy of ghosts but looks like I'll be getting it at tru especially since have gcs from gathr

The casher at my toys r us tried to use the pre order coupon in addition to the gift card deal. The computer wouldn't let her. She ended up giving me two $15 off coupon and a $10 off coupon though. Sucks that it didnt work. Also the receipt shows each game as part of a gift card promo

Hoping something like this runs when PS4 releases so I can pick up AC4 and NFS.

The casher at my toys r us tried to use the pre order coupon in addition to the gift card deal. The computer wouldn't let her. She ended up giving me two $15 off coupon and a $10 off coupon though. Sucks that it didnt work. Also the receipt shows each game as part of a gift card promo
Can you post a copy of the receipt, so that we can see? Of course the gift card is "packaged" with the games as a promo, but if you look at the receipt line by line, doesn't it say something like (game title) $59.99, then gift card $20.00, and then gift card promo -$20.00, and finally refund value: $39.99 for each of the 2 games purchased?

So my question is, if the game values are shown as $59.99 on the receipt (and that is what you are paying out of pocket for each game), then why won't the $15 off or $10 off coupons work?

Would it be possible for me to buy AC4 and Arkham Origins for the gift card, return one of the games the next day, and re buy it on the website with the giftcard?

Would it be possible for me to buy AC4 and Arkham Origins for the gift card, return one of the games the next day, and re buy it on the website with the giftcard?
Or you can just save some time and steal $40 dollars from the register. Even better just go ahead and steal both of the games while you're at it.

If you return one of the games they should deduct the cost of the gift card from the return. So no you cant buy a game and return it and keep the coupon like people did at KMart.

Can anyone else confirm that TRU only received Standard Editions of Battlefield 4? I picked up my copy this morning and then came home to read about the free China Rising DLC .. which evidently isn't included with my copy, even though I pre-ordered ... *sigh*

Does Toysrus do price adjustments because I'm considering getting BF4 then going back Sunday to get back $10 from it?
They'll only do price adjustments if your "refund value" line that is indicated on the receipt that you have now is still higher than whatever net price that either they or a competitor will have those items at in the following week.

So in other words, if you take advantage of the "buy 2 games for $59.99 and get a $40 gift card" offer this week, this will effectively make that refund value line on your TRU receipt $39.99 for each game. If you go back next week the offers are either get "$10 off 1 game, or $30 off 2 games," both of which will still show a higher refund value line on the receipts for those possible purchases (either $49.99 for 1 game, or $44.99 for 2), compared to what your refund value line shows now ($39.99). So it's a no go.

Can you post a copy of the receipt, so that we can see? Of course the gift card is "packaged" with the games as a promo, but if you look at the receipt line by line, doesn't it say something like (game title) $59.99, then gift card $20.00, and then gift card promo -$20.00, and finally refund value: $39.99 for each of the 2 games purchased?

So my question is, if the game values are shown as $59.99 on the receipt (and that is what you are paying out of pocket for each game), then why won't the $15 off or $10 off coupons work?

At work so no receipt atm but it was the computer preventing the deal. She was trying to scan it and it was asking her to pick the promo or tthe money off

At work so no receipt atm but it was the computer preventing the deal. She was trying to scan it and it was asking her to pick the promo or tthe money off
Yeah, their system is programmed to prevent the use of these coupons from stacking with the $40 gift card promo. Prim was saying that the $40 GC promo basically changes the status of the $59.99 games to "sale items," and that's what makes the $15 or $10 off coupons ineligible. That's why I was hoping to get a look at a copy of an actual receipt... because I'm sure the line item for each of the games on the receipt will be shown at $59.99 (even though subsequent lines will package in the gift card promo and the refund value will show as $39.99).

Anyway, it's a bit of a dick move on TRU's part for doing this, but from their business perspective, it's understandable. After all, AC4, BF4, and CoD - Ghosts (coming next week) are all big name money-makers... so it'd be foolish for TRU to allow us to "double dip" on these purchases like they did with Batman - AO last week. :cool:

Can anyone else confirm that TRU only received Standard Editions of Battlefield 4? I picked up my copy this morning and then came home to read about the free China Rising DLC .. which evidently isn't included with my copy, even though I pre-ordered ... *sigh*
Hey, so were you able to use a Groupon coupon and get it to stack with the $40 gift card promo offer?

The $20 giftcard coupon for Batman: Arkham Origins worked beautifully for me last week. I was looking forward to a similar experience picking up my AC4 preorder today. Not so much. 

Only one guy in the store knew how to ring up my preorder correctly (which was still on the shelf), and no one knew anything about the $15 coupon. Even though the back of the preorder card clearly said, "$15 coupon with preorder and purchase of selected titles", I couldn't find anyone willing to honor it. 

So...that would be my first and last experience with the Toys R Us preorder system. I thank the gods that I decided against preordering an Xbox One through them. What a disappointment. 

Hey, so were you able to use a Groupon coupon and get it to stack with the $40 gift card promo offer?
Yep, although I specifically pulled two groupons with TRU promo codes I knew weren't the same (a $5 for $10 and a $6 for $10), so I didn't try stacking "same promo code" groupons. I also got them to honor one of the $15 off coupons, which required a manager override ... just because I'm smooth like that :cool:

I had pre-ordered and picked up AC4 and BF4 and got the $40 gift card without a hitch. They had given me a vanilla version of BF4, but I cought it before I left the store. They had plenty of the limited editions on display behind the glass.

Only problem was the employees being uninformed of the $15 coupon pre-order offer. I had to wait around while the employee made phone calls, look for the coupons, and reread the offer. The offer is great, but what's the point in pre-ordering if they don't set the games aside for those that pre-ordered?

My store only had vanilla BF4's so that was a little disappointing. 

prim/Josh - I noticed the holiday return period is in effect.  can you clarify what the return period is for video game software?  Based on the website, it implies that software can be returned within 90 days since only hardware is listed as the current exclusion.  However taking a look at the bottom of my receipt, it mentions software as being an exception.  If it indeed an exception to the holiday return policy, should I assume it goes by the original standard 45 day return period?  TIA

Anyone having trouble with their Rewards R Us account? I preordered and picked up Batman Arkham Origins on Friday and the 10% Pre-Holiday Promo didn't apply. However, when I purchased Lego Marvel Superheroes, it did apply. See attached screenshot.
1003518_10152383076263228_344866435_n.jpg

Anyone having trouble with their Rewards R Us account? I preordered and picked up Batman Arkham Origins on Friday and the 10% Pre-Holiday Promo didn't apply. However, when I purchased Lego Marvel Superheroes, it did apply. See attached screenshot.
1003518_10152383076263228_344866435_n.jpg
I have the same issue when I bought Pokemon X & Y I didn't get any credit for purchasing them on TRU Rewards. Just showed two payments on orders and $0 with no points or 10% back credit for either game. I had the same issue when I did my pre-order purchases of Lego Marvel for the Wii U. I did get the $10 and $15 coupons when I picked them as I should have but no dice on the 10% credit. I called TRU rewards customer service and they opened a case looking into it, but I pretty sure that I am not going to get credit based on how it looks online.

I have the same issue when I bought Pokemon X & Y I didn't get any credit for purchasing them on TRU Rewards. Just showed two payments on orders and $0 with no points or 10% back credit for either game. I had the same issue when I did my pre-order purchases of Lego Marvel for the Wii U. I did get the $10 and $15 coupons when I picked them as I should have but no dice on the 10% credit. I called TRU rewards customer service and they opened a case looking into it, but I pretty sure that I am not going to get credit based on how it looks online.
I had the same issue with pokemon x and y also. I called in and she told me "I would get the points when I picked up my layaway"

I explained it wasn't a layaway but a game preorder and then she said she would adjust the points, but 3 days later and still no points showing for that purchase. I'll call in again tomorrow

*Note on the website showed that purchases retro added after 10/31 will not get the 10% bonus. So we gotta get it cleared up tomorrow

Uh-oh. LEGO Marvel for the PS3 is $50 and therefore, won't qualify for the promo. Should've checked before I drove all the way out to a TRU.

Just great. I come in here, notice the concerns over missing TRU Rewards credit, and check my account to find that I didn't receive credit when I picked up Pokemon X & Y, either! :wall:

Should I really make a big fuss when I paid roughly $22.50 for each one after using GCs from Shopkick and Gathr.com, and got my two $10 coupons...? :whistle2:k

My store only had vanilla BF4's so that was a little disappointing.

prim/Josh - I noticed the holiday return period is in effect. can you clarify what the return period is for video game software? Based on the website, it implies that software can be returned within 90 days since only hardware is listed as the current exclusion. However taking a look at the bottom of my receipt, it mentions software as being an exception. If it indeed an exception to the holiday return policy, should I assume it goes by the original standard 45 day return period? TIA
I believe that electronic return period went down to 30 days. I'll have to double check on that. If you have the receipt, and the game is still sealed, I would hope the store will still honor a return or exchange even though it is past its return period.

At my store, we will offer store credit only if someone tries to return an item outside of its return period as long as they have the receipt so we know how much they paid.

Only one guy in the store knew how to ring up my preorder correctly (which was still on the shelf), and no one knew anything about the $15 coupon. Even though the back of the preorder card clearly said, "$15 coupon with preorder and purchase of selected titles", I couldn't find anyone willing to honor it.
This. None of the employees at my local TRU knew anything about the $15 preorder coupons either. Must have went through a half dozen of them. I refused to just give up and finally after about 20 minutes the manager hand wrote me my 2 coupons on my receipt.

They did manage to slip me a standard version of BF4 but it didn't matter it was getting returned elsewhere.

bread's done
Back