TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great experience at my TRUs this evening.

First trip in I picked up LoZ:Windwaker for $1.25ish using the $10 off preorder cupin, $20 gift card from Batman, and two separate Groupon cupins.

Second trip I picked up my Preorders of AC4 and BF4 for the 360 and PS3, respectively.  I asked if it would be possible to exchange the 360 copy of AC4 for a PS3 copy, and the manager said it'd be no problem and approved the transaction.  Then while he was still present I had him add two Groupon cupins.  He handed me the $40 giftcard and both $15 preorder cupins (I had to ask for these).  $100ish for two games.

Overall, very pleased.  I'd expected disappointment, but left quite happy.  Especially after getting Zelda for a $1.

Thank you everyone!

Just a quick update. There is nothing I would like to do to help resolve TRU customer issues and completely understand when problems arise all anyone sincerely wants is some help that customer service may or may not be able to provide.

Unfortuantely, I have no ability to assist with any issues at this time. Just a general update for PM's, direct emails etc. I know I was able to be that person with Kmart but I also ran the department so it's just a little different now since I technically do not work for TRU.

Very sorry and hopefully your partiular store staff or customer service can continue to be useful.

I thought I would post this info.

On ALL Saturdays til 12/21, if you have a Toys R Us Credit Card, you will get an additional 10% off your purchases.  Most importantly, this discount WILL apply to video game hardware and some other items that are usually excluded. Something to keep in mind.

On ALL Saturdays til 12/21, if you have a Toys R Us Credit Card, you will get an additional 10% off your purchases. Most importantly, this discount WILL apply to video game hardware and some other items that are usually excluded. Something to keep in mind.
The day after I price match a 3ds XL =-p

Prim, do you happen to know, if I go back and return and rebuy it tomorrow with the same pricematch, will that negate the additional 10% savings?

The day after I price match a 3ds XL =-p

Prim, do you happen to know, if I go back and return and rebuy it tomorrow with the same pricematch, will that negate the additional 10% savings?
I honestly don't know. I would have to assume that it won't due to how current price matching does not allow any type of discounts. But then again, you can make a pretty good case for them to push it through if it does not..

On ALL Saturdays til 12/21, if you have a Toys R Us Credit Card, you will get an additional 10% off your purchases. Most importantly, this discount WILL apply to video game hardware and some other items that are usually excluded. Something to keep in mind.
Does this stack with the welcome 15% coupon, or is it either or?

I'll have to check out the exclusions when I get a chance. Not for hardware, but was thinking kids' Xmas toy shopping would be nice with an extra 10%.
For any normal toy purchases, the 15% would be taken off first. The 10% would then be taken off the total after that.

Any updates for the next ad?
Just looked at it on the TRU website:

Free CoD: Ghosts Beanie w/ purchase of CoD: Ghosts

Save $10 on one/Save $30 on two: All Wii U, PS3, and XBox 360 games $59.99+

Not sure if CoD: Ghosts will be eligible for this promo.

Just looked at it on the TRU website:

Free CoD: Ghosts Beanie w/ purchase of CoD: Ghosts

Save $10 on one/Save $30 on two: All Wii U, PS3, and XBox 360 games $59.99+

Not sure if CoD: Ghosts will be eligible for this promo.
that's lame that it's $30 this week when it was $40 last week..

edit: well with 8% tax in my state the gift card last week makes it $44.80 each vs $48.60 this week.. not a huge difference but still worse

Anyone else get an email that ghosts will not be in Stock Tuesday? Tru said they would email when they get them in.

[quote name="bretfav" post="11188514" timestamp="1383506090"]
Anyone else get an email that ghosts will not be in Stock Tuesday? Tru said they would email when they get them in.[/quote]I got an email last Sunday that Monsters University wasn't going to be in stock on Tuesday but when got there Tuesday at open there it was in th locked movie case.

This is what follows the $40 GC from before? I'll just wait for that again, then...lol. No sense to partake in this deal now, as either way the savings would just go towards more TRU deals.

Here a one time coupon for a $10 promo gift card with a $50 purchase. Fine print: Excludes baby food, diapers, formula, wipes, Hot Price items, Baby Jogger, BOB, Boppy Bare Naked Pillow, Britax, Bugaboo, ERGObaby, Mamas & Papas, Maxi-Cosi car seats, Motorola, Pediped, Peg Pérego, Phil & Teds, Quinny, Robeez, Thyme Maternity, electronic learning toys, netbooks, tablets, video game hardware, video games, Apple products, FAO Schwarz toys, Isis products & classes, Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards, phone orders, Special Orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee and shipping & handling. http://j.toysrus.com/110313

Can i use the 40 dollar gift card i got last week and still get the 10 dollars off? So i would pay 10 bucks + Tax for a 60 dollar game? Like on COD Ghosts.

$40 as a Giftcard though. This week you just save $30.
Still, what jr..sun said was correct though. Yes, last week the deal was better, but given that you had to pay more out of pocket to get it (and therefore pay even more on sales tax), it's not that much of a difference when you measure the actual cost per game from last week to this week.

Has anyone tried price matching a game and still getting the $40 giftcard? Did it work?
I remember trying something similar last year. It doesn't work because once they do the price match, their system automatically cancels their own promo for that week (whether it be a gift card offer or a straight discount). So basically, you have to choose between either their own promo, or go through with the competitor price match.

Appreciate the info ... gotta be honest, kinda meh on the ad. No way I'd deal with how crazy TRU gets on BF for any of that and I'm a fan of BF shopping.

Was really hoping TRU might carry the Zelda 3DS for BF.

TRU BF ad is very bad. These are basically rehashed deals, with the caveat of X1 and PS4 games being added. Frontburnr, you should talk with corporate, if you can, about appealing to consumers with deals in our interest. I know it's not as easy as that, but clearly, past BF have been better, especially the one in 2011 with the B1G for 5 promo. Just a thought. :D

They have the buy one get one for $1 on value games. But buy one get one 40% off is a normal sale for tru.

I'm gonna be skipping them completely this year because of lame sale prices and ridiculous opening time

Actually, if I recall correctly, TRU has never been a big BF competitor outside of one or two good deals. They've really brought it in the last few weeks with the gift cards and pre-order bonuses though, so that's been an impressive change.

Ok. What is the point of that clearance list in the OP(explain?)? Been wondering that for the longest.

Thanks Toysus for allowing me to price match COD: Ghosts for $49.99 via Express Lane at Best Buy and also get the pre-order bonus $10 Reward Zone Certificates. 

Thanks Toysus for allowing me to price match COD: Ghosts for $49.99 via Express Lane at Best Buy and also get the pre-order bonus $10 Reward Zone Certificates.
Was planning on doing this too, should I wait till the AM or would they be able to do this at the midnight launch too? Contemplating going just to see what it's like, and the shirt looks decent too.

Was planning on doing this too, should I wait till the AM or would they be able to do this at the midnight launch too? Contemplating going just to see what it's like, and the shirt looks decent too.
You need to go to Best Buy ASAP and get a pre-order card and but $5 down I don't know what time Best Buy closes the financial books for in store today it. I would guess the financial books close today at 9 PM local time. Or call 1888-Bestbuy and have them price match the offer by talking them through the online ad if you have a local Toysrus. I used Express Lane today in store so it wouldn't require a manager to approve the price match and then apply the pre-order.

You need to go to Best Buy ASAP and get a pre-order card and but $5 down I don't know what time Best Buy closes the financial books for in store today it. I would guess the financial books close today at 9 PM local time. Or call 1888-Bestbuy and have them price match the offer by talking them through the online ad if you have a local Toysrus. I used Express Lane today in store so it wouldn't require a manager to approve the price match and then apply the pre-order.
I already did the preorder, just curious on if PM is an issue on Midnight Events.

So you already picked up the game, or you paid of a preorder ?
My COD Ghosts is ready for pickup like a normal in store pickup so I won't have to wait at the normal line for preorders. My Best Buy moved where you line up for in store pickup from where it has been for years. So I in the end will only pay $40 for COD: Ghosts for PS3 on day one through a legit retailer.

I already did the preorder, just curious on if PM is an issue on Midnight Events.
I was worried they wouldn't let me PM and use $5 pre-order despot since that could be considered double dipping to some managers that are jealous. My Best Buy didn't/doesn't have a midnight release for GTA 5 or COD: Ghosts. It doesn't matter to me since I have to be at work at midnight but I will actually get off in time to go to Best Buy at 10 am.

was going to go to tru but some friends wanted midnight release so we went to best buy...

I just successfully picked up cod:ghost and bf4 for $86.
$30 off price match tru and $10rz coupon!

Very annoyed you can't preorder Ghosts for WiiU at TRU with the card. They only had four SKUs- 360, XBone, PS3, PS4.

bread's done
Back