TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was able to easily price match TRU for Ghosts, but they did it in two transactions for some reason. I wonder if this will mess with me getting my $10 cert for preorder/pickup?

I'm new to this site and absolutelutely love it. Just got back from tru hamburg, ny. Picked up 2 ps3 copies of ghosts and 2 black ghost beanies for $96.85 (buy 2 games $59.99 get $30 off ) then used my $40 gc from last weeks buy 2get a $40gc. The employee tried to scan the $15 pre order coupon but was denied because of the current deal. So after tax I paid $56.85. The beanies were free with a copy of ghosts and on the receipt they were marked each for $14.99 a piece then minused on the receipt and got a $15 coupons for the pre order. The beanies are legit and pretty sweet. Oh one more thing, that free fall expansion pack code that gamestop promotes with every preorder is included in every copy whether you pre order or not. I have pics of the receipt and games and beanies but i dont know how to post pics from my phone. In conclusion Tru ftw!!

I didnt get the $15 coupon for my pre-order I was expecting with ghost but I did get the $10 off instantly and the free hat. The hat is actually really nice and alot better quality than I expected for a free item. I also had a $15 gift card from the last game I bought so I got the game and hat for $35+tax. I was a little disappointed about the $15 coupon but it was still a sweet deal. I asked the cashier about it and she looked at me like a dear in headlights so I just said forget about it. lol

I didnt get the $15 coupon for my pre-order I was expecting with ghost but I did get the $10 off instantly and the free hat. The hat is actually really nice and alot better quality than I expected for a free item. I also had a $15 gift card from the last game I bought so I got the game and hat for $35+tax. I was a little disappointed about the $15 coupon but it was still a sweet deal. I asked the cashier about it and she looked at me like a dear in headlights so I just said forget about it. lol
No offense, but you should have at least spoke to a manager about the lack of the preorder GC.

This would theoretically get the staff on the ball with these things... To each their own though. You were happy.

Just got cod ghosts for ps4. The cashier made it work. Got the $15 off, so $48 minus the $30 for tmnt and Lego Marvel from a few weeks back. Thanks and keep the good deals coming.
I'd rather support a retailer who is trying rather than just price matching like others.
I know you're all going to say but we're cags-I would rather spend a little extra to support tru because BB has seemed to just given up.

Fails in comparison to Target, but here is next weeks info.

Free $15 gift card with purchase of any 2 PS3/PS4 games or accessories $59.99 or more.

Free $50 gift card with purchase of any 3 PS3/PS4 games or accessories $59.99 or more.

B1G1 40% all Wii, WiiU, DS & 3DS games.

BiG1 40% all Skylander figures and video game accessories.

I believe the following week, Xbox will have the same deal.

Just got cod ghosts for ps4. The cashier made it work. Got the $15 off, so $48 minus the $30 for tmnt and Lego Marvel from a few weeks back. Thanks and keep the good deals coming.
I'd rather support a retailer who is trying rather than just price matching like others.
I know you're all going to say but we're cags-I would rather spend a little extra to support tru because BB has seemed to just given up.
Some of us have Best Buy gift cards from trade ins and rather not spend money out of pocket. I wouldn't get COD: Ghosts anytime soon if I didn't PM at Best Buy and will get the $10 in RZ Certificates. I guess I could have tried to buy a Visa gift card at Best Buy with my Best Buy gift cards then deposit it into my checking account via PayPal Here or Square. Then buy the game using my Discover card to get 5% in rewards. Then pay the Discover card charge before interest starts.

Thanks for the skylanders deal!

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

what are my chances of buying cod ghosts and getting the free beanie if I go tomorrow Wednesday morning right when they open? Or am I too late?

DX my Walmart is the one where they trampled the guy who opened the doors on black Friday to death.. its a chaotic filthy store where nobody knows wtf they're doing. :/ hopefully I survive when I get the pickup notice.. and get out in under 40 minutes

Edit: woops. Wrong thread. The power of touch screens!

Free $15 gift card with purchase of any 2 PS3/PS4 games or accessories $59.99 or more.

Free $50 gift card with purchase of any 3 PS3/PS4 games or accessories $59.99 or more.

Thanks for the info. That is about in line with what I expected the deal to be.

Is there anywhere where I can find the coupon code/barcode for the TRU $10 off any $39.99 game from the pokemon preorder? I am assuming they are reusable.

Hmm...Zelda Wind Waker and Wonderful 101 would be $90 and then I could use my $30 gift card...

or should I wait until the 22nd and get Zelda and Mario Party for 3ds using my 2 $10 off coupons and $15 gift cards?

So... pre-ordering is the biggest fucking waste of time ever if it completely voids any rewards r us points.

I called customer service twice about my Pokemon pre-orders giving me 0 points towards the 10% back and the first time I called the lady told me that there is a high chance the call will get dropped, gave me a reference number, then 5 seconds later hung up on me. Thanks for letting me know you didn't want to bother dealing with my issue and just passing me on to the next representative. So helpful!

Second person put me on hold for 10 minutes then said they'd email me back within a few days. FML.

Also: TRU Exclusive Legendary Night Shift will be released Sunday (11/10).

I really like the fact that they're still keeping the B1G1 40% off active; it's been a full month now. They're also still the only B&M retailer that I've personally seen with any Wave 2 figures.

Updated with this weeks and next weeks offers. Hopefully starting to get out more in front with TRU.

So, I know Target has the best launch offer on next-gen though I think the TRU is still compelling for those that may have gift cards from previous offers. One of those types of things where I always used to remind my own staff that no deal is offered up in a vaccum.

Hopefully some are able to find some value in it :)

Aside from dual shock controllers, what other accessories are $60+? Thankfully there are three games I want.

hopefully the Wii u sale is better next week for the release of Mario 3d World so I can use the gift card...even better would be a $15 GC with Mario 3d world ;)

I agree with Josh's last statement above...though target's deal is $10 cheaper overall and much cheaper out of pocket, you have to consider the many other offers that TRU will inevitably provide, in sharp contrast to Target's inconsistent offers.

so while it may only be a $50 gift card, I can be optimistic that, for example, Mario 3d world comes with a $15 gift card. And since I can only do it at TRU, my total savings would come to about $5 more than what I would save at Target if I took advantage of their b2g1 and bought Mario world there for msrp. So even if it were a measly $10 GC, it would still even out financially.

considering this, add the fact that although I've criticized TRU's appearance in the gaming retail space, nothing tops the consistent incompetence of Walmart and Target...at least here in Connecticut.

EDIT: LMAO I take it back...tru is just as bad here, if not worse. The guy said they won't he releasing all the games till Friday when clearly some street dates are for Tuesday. I told him others were releasing them before that and he was like "uhhh really?"

Updated with this weeks and next weeks offers. Hopefully starting to get out more in front with TRU.

So, I know Target has the best launch offer on next-gen though I think the TRU is still compelling for those that may have gift cards from previous offers. One of those types of things where I always used to remind my own staff that no deal is offered up in a vaccum.

do you know if there's any chance that my local TRU will be selling any ps4 games starting today? Some retailers have, so I'm just curious.

EDIT: talked to someone. They have the games but say that they can't sell them until the ps4 launches...so Friday?

this deal is worth shit to me now. The deal can only be taken advantage of for ps4 games for the last three days of the sale? the weekend? Lol TRU reevaluate. The whole point of getting games earlier than Friday is to not have spend my friday sludging through the inevitable crowds that day. I just want some games while ill surely have to wait behind a crowd of people waiting for their ps4...

to target I go!

Pretty nice deal. I plan on picking up Super Mario 3D World and maybe Pikmin 3 on the 22nd and use my $15 coupon and $20 GC as well as getting 40% off the second game.

I have $20 left from the Groupon deal from a few weeks back that I was planning on throwing at Super Mario 3D World, but hmm...let's see...

Super Mario 3D World & Zelda 3DS:

$60 + ($40 * 60% = $24) = $84 - $20 = $64

TEMPTING.

I doubt it would work, but is there any way to use the $10 off coupons with the $50 GC promo? I doubt it seeing as it would drop the price of one game to under $59.99 and thus not making it eligible for the GC promo.

If anyone tries that with the PS3 games please let us know (I want to do it for X1 haha)

My TRU doesnt have the Mario Deluxe Set on the display shelf.

Should I assume this bundle is not available at my store, or is it possible it is in the back if I ask?

sorry i cant see anyone wasting a toys r us giftcard to match the target deal. its just stupid of toys r us, even amazon knew it had to match target. most like me will take our cash to target and use the toys r us giftcards another time. had such high hopes with josh working for toys r us. i guess they do not want to take the spot as the goto store for gaming.

My wife went to TRU to pick up a couple of Disney Infinity Figures and they weren't ringing up two for $20. She was told by the cashier that it was an old promotion. Any idea what's up?

I am excited about the PS4 sale this week. I have some extra money this week too. Going to call tomorrow and hopefully talk to someone that could help me. The closest ToysRUs for me is about 45 minutes. And the closest Target is right next door. Just remember Controllers very Rarely go on sale, especially this close to launch. Hoping to be able to pick up a DualShock 4, PS4 Camera, and a game. Plus I'm already getting three games from Amazon. My only question, is when can I use my $50 Giftcard from this sale? Is it simalar to the Kmart coupons Josh use to do? Will it be valid starting next week? Or could I use it the same day I receive it?

Edit: Nevermind answered my own question. Valid 6 hours after you recieve it. In that case, I could use it for another game, in a few weeks or so.

So the preorder coupons don't work with the promos correct? I have 2 I was saving for Zelda and Mario next week. Was gonna get both, use my 2 coupons and $15 gc. Total being about $45.

With the promo it would be the same if I used my gc wouldn't it

Went to tru today to pick up killzone and a controller. They checked the back but no killzone or controllers. They said they hope to have them Friday. BTW he said they have 73 ps4s and about 30 presold. He said they would give out tickets Friday morning on first come basis. Doesn't matter as I preordered from Amazon.

is nfs rivals for ps4 available at toysrus now? or will it be there on the 15th ? thanks..

Went to tru today to pick up killzone and a controller. They checked the back but no killzone or controllers. They said they hope to have them Friday. BTW he said they have 73 ps4s and about 30 presold. He said they would give out tickets Friday morning on first come basis. Doesn't matter as I preordered from Amazon.
My store got shipments of both these games delivered today. TRU has given the stores ok to override any street date prompts for all PS4 games.

Anyone remember how long the $15 gift card from buying ninja turtles 3ds is good for?

My wife went to TRU to pick up a couple of Disney Infinity Figures and they weren't ringing up two for $20. She was told by the cashier that it was an old promotion. Any idea what's up?
TRU PR provided me the details, this is definitely active according to them.

bread's done
Back