TRU: $25 Gift Card w/WiiU, Save $20 on any 2 PS4/XboxOne Games / Updated Through Dec. 31st

FrontBurnr

Official Representative
Select deals valid Sunday, December 15 through Saturday, Dec 21 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• FREE $25 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with ANY Wii U video game system purchase**
  • BUY ONE GET ONE FREE ALL Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure single figures, adventure packs or character 3-packs – prices vary***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games $19.99 or less***
  • SAVE $20 on ANY two (2) PlayStation4 or Xbox One video games – prices vary
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity starter kits – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • 2 for $22 ANY Skylanders SWAP Force figures
  • 2 for $18 ANY Disney Infinity figures
  • 2 for $8 Disney Infinity Power Discs
Select deals valid Sunday, December 22 through Tuesday, December 24 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:    

• BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Skylanders Giants and Spyro’s Adventure single figures and video game accessories***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 30% OFF ALL video games ***
  • SAVE $30 Nintendo 3DS XL game system – Was $199.99; Now $169.99
  • SAVE $20 on tabeo e2 – Was $129.99; Now $109.99 (Limit 2 per customer)
  • SAVE $15 on Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99
  • SAVE $15 on Disney Infinity Starter Pack – Was $74.99; Now $59.99   
Select deals valid Thursday, December 26 through Tuesday, December 31 at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com, include:  

• BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL video games ***
  • BUY ONE GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures and accessories ***
--

*Limit 1 per customer
**Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Offers cannot be combined. Discounts and Promotions: The refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of a free item or discount. See a Team Member or visit Toysrus.com for additional detail.
***Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased. Quantities limited; No rain checks. Prices, offers and exclusions may vary online, and at Toys“R”Us Times Square, Express and Outlet stores. Selection varies by store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad every store within 50 miles of me shows Super Mario 3D World as out of stock in-store.  Zelda and Mario Party show up as in-stock, though.

Do we have any inside scoop on Day One game availability? Target was already out of Dead Rising this morning, but had several copies of the other two.  Hoping I can score Dead Rising, Forza, and a controller for the GC deal.

Too bad every store within 50 miles of me shows Super Mario 3D World as out of stock in-store. Zelda and Mario Party show up as in-stock, though.
Online for in store pickup for EVERY store in the US shows out of stock.. Really wanted to order online and do in store pickup for the extra 5% discover cashback for online purchases this month and next. I will check throughout the day, I wont be able to get to TRU until after work anyway...

Well I plan on picking up Mario 3D World today with my $5, $15 coupons and $20 GC. Just have to decide between Pikmin 3 or Wonderful 101 as the second game.

Is this in-store only?

Also, do Xbox Live Points/Money cards count as "accessories"?

edit: Nvm, they need to be priced $59.99 or more, an no points cards cost that much

I picked up Super Mario 3D World and Zelda at my local TRU right after they opened. Zelda rang up at 40% off. The website showed Mario as not in stock but they had plenty of copies.

I picked up Super Mario 3D World and Zelda at my local TRU right after they opened. Zelda rang up at 40% off. The website showed Mario as not in stock but they had plenty of copies.
Thanks, I guess I will swing by after work to pick it up. Kind of mad that it shows out of stock online...

Everybody going to TRU to get XB1 games do you think stock will last till tomorrow? I am looking to get BF4, Ghosts, and AC4. I would like to save the extra 10% for using my card on Saturdays plus get the extra $50.00 gift card.

My TRU had a decent amount of copies of XB1 games when I was there at 9:30AM.  No "Day One" editions, but I was fine with that. It looks like I still could've bought an Xbox One just by waltzing in there at 9:30.  I saw they had a sign outside of the store stating where the XB1 line started.  I wonder how many people were actually in it.  They did sell out of the systems not pre-ordered while I was in the store.

They did have Super Mario 3D World in-store even though the website was showing it as out-of-stock.

Yeah my plan is to go in tomorrow and get the XB1 games and than go back later in the day and use my last groupon plus the $50.00 gift card from buying the xb1 games to get my son the 3ds Mario Party game and that Luigi 3ds game with it.

A few notes:

My TRU had 8 extras and I got there at 8:30 (there open at 9) and I was around #6 (but I didn't need an XB1; I just wanted to exchange games) so it looks like TRU was a pretty good place to be if you didn't preorder.

I bought 3 PS4 games last week to take advantage of the same offer they have for the X1 now. Only I haven't opened my PS4 nor did I open the games and since I was more excited about the X1, I exchanged 2 of the PS4 games for X1 games and they did a 1:1 exchange so I didn't lose out on the deal from last week - but the register did also ring up an extra $15 GC. Presumably, if I traded all 3 I would've gotten $50 +$50 from last week. Told them they didn't need to incl the gift card since that seems not right, but they said don't worry about it it's just how it rang up and so that was pretty cool.

I was in line early to try and score Day 1 editions. TRU didn't have any but Target had a few Day One editions. I traded my B2G1 free from there last week for Forza 5 and Ryse.

Wasn't able to find a Day One DR3 B&M anywhere.

Are there even any WiiU games for $20 or below? Seems like an odd companion to buying a brand new WiiU console.
I know for a fact that Need for Speed Most Wanted U and Mass Effect 3 Special Edition are, as I bought them last week.

Edit: Looking at the TRU website informs me that Ducktales: Remastered, Fifa Soccer 13, Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Tank! Tank! Tank!, Madden 13, Game Party, and Batman: Arkham City: Armored Edition are all $19.99 as well.

Not to mention the Wii U is backwards compatible, so you can pick up any Wii game you like and throw it in there.

Got to TRU at 8:40am this morning and there were 3 guys waiting outside. One was there for a model car release and the other two were there for the Xbox One. I went for the Zelda 3DS XL bc I had a TRU gift card and was going to PM to the Walmart ad.

They had 6 Xbox Ones and not even enough people in line for them. So I bought one.

PM'd the Zelda 3DS XL to the Walmart ad AND got them to give me the free game ($19.99 or under) with it that they have advertised in the two day ad.

Woke up this morning to find TRU is out of stock of SM3DW in all stores an hour before they opened within 50 miles, but is available online. Zelda still available both in-store and online, so maybe I should just get them both online. I can do other things as I wait in the meantime.

Woke up this morning to find TRU is out of stock of SM3DW in all stores an hour before they opened within 50 miles, but is available online. Zelda still available both in-store and online, so maybe I should just get them both online. I can do other things as I wait in the meantime.
It appears that the stock listing on the website for in-store availablity for SM3DW is completely wrong. My store showed out of stock in-store but had plenty of copies on the shelf.

It appears that the stock listing on the website for in-store availablity for SM3DW is completely wrong. My store showed out of stock in-store but had plenty of copies on the shelf.
Hmm, then I may have a chance if people are looking online first beforehand like I did. I just wouldn't be able to set up the order online to "reserve" it. Probably will be an hour or two before I could go, but I hope by that time, if they don't have any in stock, then I can still order it online and get it shipped to me.

Ouch, early reviews for Mario Party: Island Tour are not favorable. No idea what to pick up with Zelda for the 40% sale then.

Hmm, then I may have a chance if people are looking online first beforehand like I did. I just wouldn't be able to set up the order online to "reserve" it. Probably will be an hour or two before I could go, but I hope by that time, if they don't have any in stock, then I can still order it online and get it shipped to me.
You can always call them and ask to hold you a copy for a couple of hours.

TRU had a pretty healthy amount of games and a four non reserved Xbox ones left. I just went to get Forza and a controller but on the Forza part of the reciept it says Xbone instead of Xbox One, Don't know who would be responsible for that but it got a chuckle out of me. 

i'm trying to see what the best way to go about this is 

if i buy mario 3d and pikmin 3, with tax i spend 106 dollars. later on i'd like to buy DKTF so that 50 more dollars. = 156 in the long term

if i buy mario 3d and preorder DKTF from toys r us and buy pikimin 3 on amazon that totals to 148 dollars. 

so the latter seems like a better deal assuming that there are no good deal between now and the time DKTF releases. also if i cancel my preorder i lose the deal altogether. so what should i just get mario and pikmin and wait for dktf?

Got denied using the $15 coupon with the B1G40%. Employee didn't even know how to work in the coupon. Manager came over, and had to explain how to scan the coupon. Awesome. Then the manager didn't want me to be able to use the coupon with the deal, said they won't stack and refused to try it. So I just blew my coupon and gift card on Mario 3D World on its lonesome.

Got back from TRU. They did have a couple copies left of SM3DW, even though the website said they didn't. They must keep some copies aside just for store pick-up and the rest are in-store purchase only.

does anyone know if toys r us is carrying day one editions of the games? I read that there are Day One SKUs for Ryse, Forza Motorsport 5, and Dead Rising 3.

I just came back for TRU to get that buy 3, get $50 gift card. And the guy said he hadn't heard anything about them. There's no Day One designation on the game boxes. He said this is all they have. But Amazon has the Day One versions as well as teh regular ones. I'll take the $50 GC over the Day One extras but it'd be nice to have both.

If they're supposed to have them, I'll return what I have and go to another TRU.

Didn't see any D1 games at my TRU. Tons of games leftover as well. Was able to use a groupon and get the $50 gift card. No problems. It scanned and I paid for the rest.

I went Groupon-crazy at my TRU tonight, picking up SM3DW and LoZ: ALBW for $26.99+tax after the B1G1 40% off, $15 Groupon, two different $10 Groupons, and the $10 Groupon w/ batteries (though the employee didn't scan any batteries, so it instead took $21.99 off :hot:). The employee was very cool and patient with scanning all of them, so I'm definitely leaving him a positive review. :D

I then used $20 in gift cards ($10 from Gathr.com, $5 from TRU Rewards, $5 thanks to Shopkick) to bring the total down to $8.61. :whee: :whee:

Didn't see any D1 games at my TRU. Tons of games leftover as well. Was able to use a groupon and get the $50 gift card. No problems. It scanned and I paid for the rest.
thanks for the reply. I went to another TRU, told them they're still available for purchase online. they said the stores in the area don't have any copies left. Can't return and order online because I want the $50 GC.

does anyone know if toys r us is carrying day one editions of the games? I read that there are Day One SKUs for Ryse, Forza Motorsport 5, and Dead Rising 3.

I just came back for TRU to get that buy 3, get $50 gift card. And the guy said he hadn't heard anything about them. There's no Day One designation on the game boxes. He said this is all they have. But Amazon has the Day One versions as well as teh regular ones. I'll take the $50 GC over the Day One extras but it'd be nice to have both.

If they're supposed to have them, I'll return what I have and go to another TRU.
We had two Day One copies of Forzas at my store, none for the other games.

Does the Wii u/3ds deal apply to accessories and controllers as well? In for Mario and Zelda, but if accessories are included, ill end up getting Mario + Wii u pro controller and then a separate transaction for Zelda 3ds + fire emblem or other 3ds title.

Nope the Wii U deal just includes games.
Thanks. How do you know - just by the title? Or can you actually confirm it? I was banking on a typo/accidental omission.

if so, well that's rather lame of them. And their loss too - ill walk out of there spending $85 OOP as opposed to my originally planned $160 or so. Face it, people aren't buying Wii U pro controllers at TRU without a deal. Can't imagine a majority that makes a TRU trip for that.

It appears TRU is not carrying Ocarina of Time 3D anymore (at least as far as I can tell) and sadly I don't really have anything else I want to pair with Mario 3D Land right now.

Local TRU were out of pretty much every game system except a few scattered 2/3DSs, a Wii, a Vita, and a bunch of those re-issue Genesis systems.

Did use the 2-for-$25, 2-for-$40, and B1G1 40% off deals to get Batman Arkham City (WiiU), Tank Tank Tank, Zelda LBW, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Lego Marvel, and Batman Arkham Origins for $128.

Also picked up 3 XBOne games, including Forza 5 LE. Did it mainly to get the gift card, as they're going straight to eBay.

I think I need to become a TRU Rewards memeber..

picked up Zelda already?
I didn't, but only because I literally just started playing Link to the Past and it seems a little too weird to get the new one right away considering the similarities. Plus, bonus, with my GCU at Best Buy now, it matches this deal any day of the week - 2 for $64. Hell, even Amazon had Ocarina and 3D Land today for less combined.

bread's done
Back