TRU ad 3/9-3-15 Wiis - Buy SSBB, Save 50% on guide & select games

MidnightMetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah don't have specifics on ad quite yet but do know that Wiis and obviously SSBB is in the ad. Once I see/hear more specifics I'll be sure to post so stay tune.

But yeah Wiis and SSBB, no deals on the two yet (cross fingers)!

*UPDATE 3/5*

pic from briandadude
RotoT.jpg

Deal seems to be buy SSB:B get one of the following Wii games for half off
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ($50)
Bee Movie($40)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (i think $40)
Zack and Wiki ($30)
The Spiderwick Chronicles ($50)
MySims ($50)

and possibly the SSB:B guide book

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']First off every TRU WILL HAVE WIIs On Sunday 3/9 so get ready to get yours:
Ok now the deals;

Wii:
Buy SSBB get 50% off these selected games;
Mario and Sonic at the olympic games
BEE movie
Zack and Wiki
Rayman Raving Rabbits 2
Spiderwick Chronicals
My Sims
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Guide (Book)

Xbox 360, PS3, Ps2:
Buy One Great One 1/2 off these select titles:
Guitar Hero 3 (Software only)
Spiderman Friend or Foe
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 08
Skate
NFS Pro Street
Frontline Fuel Of War
Transformers
Tony Hawks Proving Ground
Simpsons Game
Hot Wheels Beat That
MX vs Atv Untamed
Monster Jam

Save $5 off these nickelodeon Games:
Dora Saves the Mermais Ps2 & ds
Go Diego Go Safari Rescue Ps2, ds, and Wii

Save $10 off These THQ DS games:
Zoo Tycoon 2
Paws& Claws Pet Resort
Are you Smarter Than a Fifth Grader
Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis[/quote]

Thanks to afilgueirasjr for the list of deals from the ad!

Yeah Thank you afilgueirasjr, i just got the info last night, didn't have a chance to update then, thanks Midnightmetal

[quote name='Link127']how do you get on the mailing list? i thought i've done it already.[/quote]

you get on the mailing list by either giving your phone number out to the cashier when he/she asks you for it, and they look up your address and send coupons/promotions out OR you can call corporate 1-800-TOYS-RUS and ask to be put on the mailing list, good luck trying to get the coupon before the 9th

[quote name='KhaosX']This is probably a stupid question but i never pre-ordered anything from the TRU stores before so i just had to verify. If you preorder the game for $5 is the $5 just like a down payment and you pay $45(and tax) when you pick it up, or is it 5 just to guarantee the game, and you still have to pay 50?[/quote]

yes the $5 to reserve it is like a down payment, so when you come in, you do pay the $50 for the game and use the preorder card as a $5 off coupon, so it evens out the $5 you already paid for earlier.

[quote name='Morphine']any1 knows how much is the MSRP for the Wii in TRU?[/quote]$249.99+ tax. Same as other retail outlets. There's no bundle requirement purchasing one in store.

Well I checked with my TRU again to see if they said anything different this time and sure enough its 6 select titles that will be 50% off not any title. SO the person who I talked to yesterday was misinformed (big suprise) :roll:

[quote name='clortho']$249.99+ tax. Same as other retail outlets. There's no bundle requirement purchasing one in store.[/quote]

Thanks, Ill try to grab one on sunday with SSBB

Yeah, I'm so picking up Zack and Wiki w/ SSBB on Sunday.

I still got that $25 GC for TRU from the Super Mario Galaxy deal....I should be able to get both for about $40 out of pocket.

I wonder how many copies of SSBB there are gonna be, becuase you know that most of the people lining up on Sunday to get Wii's are also gonna get SSBB as well.

[quote name='MikeE21286']Yeah, I'm so picking up Zack and Wiki w/ SSBB on Sunday.

I still got that $25 GC for TRU from the Super Mario Galaxy deal....I should be able to get both for about $40 out of pocket.

I wonder how many copies of SSBB there are gonna be, becuase you know that most of the people lining up on Sunday to get Wii's are also gonna get SSBB as well.[/QUOTE]

Depending on preorders they did and whatnot, around 60 for smaller volume stores, 180-250 for higher volume stores.

Strategy guides, on the other hand, are not as much in stock, so if you want the 50% off of that, you might want to get there early.

[quote name='DrDarkStryfe']Depending on preorders they did and whatnot, around 60 for smaller volume stores, 180-250 for higher volume stores.

Strategy guides, on the other hand, are not as much in stock, so if you want the 50% off of that, you might want to get there early.[/quote]
Yeah, I've never been much of a guide guy. Only used to get em when I was young and there was really no such thing as the internet lol.

Thanks for the heads up on the allotments.

[quote name='DrDarkStryfe']Depending on preorders they did and whatnot, around 60 for smaller volume stores, 180-250 for higher volume stores.

Strategy guides, on the other hand, are not as much in stock, so if you want the 50% off of that, you might want to get there early.[/QUOTE]

We received 72 copies (3 cases of 24 each) of Brawl at the Toys R Us I work at, maybe 15-20 copies of the strategy guide, and 12 Wii's as of close today (We're probably the smallest store in town, as we still have one of the old traditional RZones(Ticket system, with the games in a locked room). I've yet to see an ad yet, probably will try to tomorrow.

What time would you recommend that I go out and camp to get a Wii? I'm in Los Angeles, probably be a lot of people? I don't know though, I haven't been following these Wii camps.

[quote name='peteyrose']What time would you recommend that I go out and camp to get a Wii? I'm in Los Angeles, probably be a lot of people? I don't know though, I haven't been following these Wii camps.[/quote]
Being safe....if they open at 9:00 I'd say 6:00

We're well supplied in the N.E. area with an average of 60 WIIs per store (as little as 40 in some stores while others get up to 120). Anyway, since the sale starting Sunday has been fully covered, I'll just go on to the markdowns starting Monday, 3/10. The item # is included in case you wish to call the store beforehand...as not all markdowns are always universal

iconxbox360.gif

395369 Naruto: Rise of the ninja $39.99
425039 The Simpsons $39.99

iconwii.gif

417012 Dancing with the stars $39.99
417087 Puppy Luv $16.99
436278 My word coach $19.99
436491 Petz horsez 2 $19.99
436890 Petz catz 2 $19.99
801183 TH Downhill jam $16.99
873309 Nitrobike $29.99

iconps3.gif

396535 The Simpsons $39.99
402961 M.O.H. Airborne $49.99

iconds.gif

394293 TH proving grounds $16.99
394486 FIFA 08 $19.99
436270 My French coach $19.99
436979 Raving rabbids 2 $19.99
884984 Shrek 3 $16.99

iconpsp_r2.gif

330968 Crash of the titans $19.99

Again, these prices will be effective as of Monday 3/10.

Cheers!

[quote name='VashandWolfwood']We received 72 copies (3 cases of 24 each) of Brawl at the Toys R Us I work at, maybe 15-20 copies of the strategy guide, and 12 Wii's as of close today (We're probably the smallest store in town, as we still have one of the old traditional RZones(Ticket system, with the games in a locked room). I've yet to see an ad yet, probably will try to tomorrow.[/quote]Ahh, that brings back memories. I actually prefer this system to the R Zone, myself. The last Toys R Us we had like that closed back in 2006.

[quote name='Starving Gamer']We're well supplied in the N.E. area with an average of 60 WIIs per store (as little as 40 in some stores while others get up to 120). Anyway, since the sale starting Sunday has been fully covered, I'll just go on to the markdowns starting Monday, 3/10. The item # is included in case you wish to call the store beforehand...as not all markdowns are always universal

iconxbox360.gif

iconwii.gif

417087 Puppy Luv $16.99
873309 Nitrobike $29.99

iconps3.gif

iconds.gif

394486 FIFA 08 $19.99
884984 Shrek 3 $16.99

iconpsp_r2.gif

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Is this a permanent price drop expected at other stores too or just a sale at TRU?

[quote name='Blade70']Hope there is a deal. I haven't even use my 25 gift card yet.[/quote]

i forgot i still have this:lol:

Ok so..

When I went to buy the Zapper at Circuit City, I inquired about the gift card and price-matching on the 50% off. Every store is YMMV according to the manager I spoke to.. no Circuit City is required to honor the 50% off the second game since you already get a $10 gift card. But, I did convince him.. and he said if I brought in the ad he would personally approve it for me.

So now to return my TRU presale..

[quote name='leesiulung']Is this a permanent price drop expected at other stores too or just a sale at TRU?[/quote]

It's permanent. At TRU anyway...Some of these price drops match prices already available at other retailers, but I couldn't tell you if, say, Naruto will also go down at other stores...

hmmm, my local TRU only had 3 copies of Z&W when I preordered. I hope they hold out until late afternoon when I can get there to pick it up.

Ugh. 50% off select games? Dang, was hoping to pick up No More Heroes. Well, Z&W will do. Just needa price match at BB.

[quote name='clortho']Ok so..

When I went to buy the Zapper at Circuit City, I inquired about the gift card and price-matching on the 50% off. Every store is YMMV according to the manager I spoke to.. no Circuit City is required to honor the 50% off the second game since you already get a $10 gift card. But, I did convince him.. and he said if I brought in the ad he would personally approve it for me.

So now to return my TRU presale..[/quote]

And now I sorta regret not doing the pre-order =/. Back then I thought the TRU deal was 50% off any game (as they did for the Madden '08 release).

[quote name='Starving Gamer']We're well supplied in the N.E. area with an average of 60 WIIs per store (as little as 40 in some stores while others get up to 120). Anyway, since the sale starting Sunday has been fully covered, I'll just go on to the markdowns starting Monday, 3/10. The item # is included in case you wish to call the store beforehand...as not all markdowns are always universal

iconxbox360.gif

iconwii.gif

417087 Puppy Luv $16.99
873309 Nitrobike $29.99

iconps3.gif

iconds.gif

394486 FIFA 08 $19.99
884984 Shrek 3 $16.99

iconpsp_r2.gif

Cheers![/quote]
Shouldn't this be its own thread?

My TRU had been telling people it was any game for 50% off, which I've mentioned in this thread and in the "Deals To Get Brawl Cheap" one. I showed up this morning and of course they had a table set up with the select games from the ad on it and the sign saying those games were half off when you buy Brawl. I grabbed a copy of Zack and Wiki and mentioned to the clerk that I had been told it was any game. He spoke to the manager who told me they were just notified of the change but that he would do an override and I could get any game for 50% off. Nice to see a store and manager honor their word.

[quote name='sp00ge']Finally got a Wii today. Ugh.... that's all I can say. 15* with subzero windchill for almost 1.5 hours.[/QUOTE]

I got a Wii! 1 hour with a light breeze, 65 degree SoCal weather. Beautiful.

I had Zack & Wiki in my hand and couldn't go through with the purchase. Brawl will do for me.

If you order online, you can get the 50% off multiples games in your cart (up to 3) from the list. When I went to my B&M with Mario and Sonic and Zack and Wiki in hand, the system would only take a discount from one of the games unless I were to purchase a 2nd SSBB.

Yay, got mine at TRU w/Z&W. There were more people in line for Wii's than SSBB, so it wasn't too bad. Some kid brought his mom and grandparents so he could buy 4 Wii's.:wall:

[quote name='flasht3']If you order online, you can get the 50% off multiples games in your cart (up to 3) from the list. When I went to my B&M with Mario and Sonic and Zack and Wiki in hand, the system would only take a discount from one of the games unless I were to purchase a 2nd SSBB.[/QUOTE]

Mario and Sonic is OOS online, I wasn't going to get Brawl but for 50% off Mario and Sonic as well as Zack and Wiki, I might have reconsidered.

I showed up just as the doors opened to pick up Smash Bros. I think I was the only one there for it at that time. There were about 10 people in lines for Wiis and 23 available.

At my TRU (Tustin, CA), the line for all the videogame sales (Wii only or game only, didnt matter) was the same. So even though i have a wii already, i still had to wait.

Oh well :D i got out with Smash bros and Z&W!! but wut surprised me was the amazing amt of stock they had of the wii!! By 11am (they opened at 10am) they still had tickets to give out! I was almost tempted to buy another myself!

Edit: My TRU had a pretty big stock of all the games that were 50% off...notably, Z&W. They had at least 7 on the shelf, and 20 behind the counter.

At my TRU (Tustin, CA), the line for all the videogame sales (Wii only or game only, didnt matter) was the same. So even though i have a wii already, i still had to wait.

Oh well :D i got out with Smash bros and Z&W!! but wut surprised me was the amazing amt of stock they had of the wii!! By 11am (they opened at 10am) they still had tickets to give out! I was almost tempted to buy another myself!

My TRU had a pretty big stock of all the games that were 50% off...notably, Z&W. They had at least 7 on the shelf, and 20 behind the counter.

[quote name='menchirox']Oh well :D i got out with Smash bros and Z&W!! but wut surprised me was the amazing amt of stock they had of the wii!! By 11am (they opened at 10am) they still had tickets to give out! I was almost tempted to buy another myself![/QUOTE]

I showed up around 11 at a TRU in Maryland and they were also still handing out tickets for Wii. Maybe everyone forgot about the time change? I opted for the Mario & Sonic Olympics with my Brawl purchase since I already own Z&W. I hope it's good.

through the snowstorm in Cleveland this weekend I was able to make it up to TRU and picked up Zak and Wiki + SSBB and they still had Wii's at 1pm (I got the last one) because of the snow. Pretty good trip I must say.

Just came back from Toys R Us looking for the the Live Vision and saw some Wii's thought I'd let some people looking for one know. Still had about 8 or so at Massapequa, NY and about 4 that I could see at the one in Carle Place, NY.

This is the PERFECT excuse to finally pick up Zack and Wiki, might as well get it with Brawl!

Been thinking about getting a Wii for a month or so now, been on the look out and have been unable to find any. So I thought I would check out BB and TRU this morinng, F'ing line of probably 25-30, 30+ year old males at both places. Its F'ing insane that Nintendo cant get its Sh*t together after a year and a half and meet the demand. There is no way I am standing in line for a Wii.

Does anyone have any first-hand experience using the $10 off Toy Book mailer coupon and the 50% off deal?

I'd bite if I could get Zak for $55+tax.

[quote name='SixPounds']Been thinking about getting a Wii for a month or so now, been on the look out and have been unable to find any. So I thought I would check out BB and TRU this morinng, F'ing line of probably 25-30, 30+ year old males at both places. Its F'ing insane that Nintendo cant get its Sh*t together after a year and a half and meet the demand. There is no way I am standing in line for a Wii.[/quote]

most of them are probably resellers
Nintendo isn't doing too bad of a job seeing how many they've sold

bread's done
Back