TRU ad 3/9-3-15 Wiis - Buy SSBB, Save 50% on guide & select games

MidnightMetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah don't have specifics on ad quite yet but do know that Wiis and obviously SSBB is in the ad. Once I see/hear more specifics I'll be sure to post so stay tune.

But yeah Wiis and SSBB, no deals on the two yet (cross fingers)!

*UPDATE 3/5*

pic from briandadude
RotoT.jpg

Deal seems to be buy SSB:B get one of the following Wii games for half off
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ($50)
Bee Movie($40)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (i think $40)
Zack and Wiki ($30)
The Spiderwick Chronicles ($50)
MySims ($50)

and possibly the SSB:B guide book

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']First off every TRU WILL HAVE WIIs On Sunday 3/9 so get ready to get yours:
Ok now the deals;

Wii:
Buy SSBB get 50% off these selected games;
Mario and Sonic at the olympic games
BEE movie
Zack and Wiki
Rayman Raving Rabbits 2
Spiderwick Chronicals
My Sims
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Guide (Book)

Xbox 360, PS3, Ps2:
Buy One Great One 1/2 off these select titles:
Guitar Hero 3 (Software only)
Spiderman Friend or Foe
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 08
Skate
NFS Pro Street
Frontline Fuel Of War
Transformers
Tony Hawks Proving Ground
Simpsons Game
Hot Wheels Beat That
MX vs Atv Untamed
Monster Jam

Save $5 off these nickelodeon Games:
Dora Saves the Mermais Ps2 & ds
Go Diego Go Safari Rescue Ps2, ds, and Wii

Save $10 off These THQ DS games:
Zoo Tycoon 2
Paws& Claws Pet Resort
Are you Smarter Than a Fifth Grader
Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis[/quote]

Thanks to afilgueirasjr for the list of deals from the ad!

Yeah Thank you afilgueirasjr, i just got the info last night, didn't have a chance to update then, thanks Midnightmetal

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Does anyone have any first-hand experience using the $10 off Toy Book mailer coupon and the 50% off deal?

I'd bite if I could get Zak for $55+tax.[/quote]

i used that today... along with my employee discount... ended up paying less then 50 bucks for both :D

[quote name='DesiChick']i used that today... along with my employee discount... ended up paying less then 50 bucks for both :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I might give it a go then.

On ToysRUs.com, I got SSBB and then got My Sims, the Strategy Book, AND The Bee Movie each for 50% off!! You could probably buy all the 50% off titles for that price on-line!!

[quote name='SixPounds']Been thinking about getting a Wii for a month or so now, been on the look out and have been unable to find any. So I thought I would check out BB and TRU this morinng, F'ing line of probably 25-30, 30+ year old males at both places. Its F'ing insane that Nintendo cant get its Sh*t together after a year and a half and meet the demand. There is no way I am standing in line for a Wii.[/quote]

As I'm reading your post, I'm thinking the opposite: it's insane that people line up for the Wii, especially this long after launch, especially 30+ year old males (I thought maybe soccer moms). I keep passing the demo model at BB, watching some child play for a minute or so, and all I feel is "meh." I clearly just don't get it.

[quote name='SixPounds']Its F'ing insane that Nintendo cant get its Sh*t together after a year and a half and meet the demand.[/quote]
As anyone who follows the sales trends knows, Nintendo is making more Wiis than any other (non-portable) game system in the history of the hobby.

Don't blame them for not having enough to go around; blame all the folks in line ahead of you who want one.

--R.J.

[quote name='menchirox']At my TRU (Tustin, CA), the line for all the videogame sales (Wii only or game only, didnt matter) was the same. So even though i have a wii already, i still had to wait.

Oh well :D i got out with Smash bros and Z&W!! but wut surprised me was the amazing amt of stock they had of the wii!! By 11am (they opened at 10am) they still had tickets to give out! I was almost tempted to buy another myself!

My TRU had a pretty big stock of all the games that were 50% off...notably, Z&W. They had at least 7 on the shelf, and 20 behind the counter.[/quote]

Hey that's the one I went to. I preordered mine but stood in line for 20 minutes anyway not realizing that preorders didn't have to stand in that line. Haha. And yes, they did have a lot! I saw their stack of tickets. It was huge.

And as anyone knows Nintendo is purposely keeping demand high by not producing enough. It doesnt make sense though that they are the highest selling console right now and they cant seem to create enough Wii's to meet demand so I still blame Nintendo for not producing enough and purposely keeping demand high to rake in more money.

[quote name='rjung']As anyone who follows the sales trends knows, Nintendo is making more Wiis than any other (non-portable) game system in the history of the hobby.

Don't blame them for not having enough to go around; blame all the folks in line ahead of you who want one.

--R.J.[/quote]

[quote name='SixPounds']And as anyone knows Nintendo is purposely keeping demand high by not producing enough. It doesnt make sense though that they are the highest selling console right now and they cant seem to create enough Wii's to meet demand so I still blame Nintendo for not producing enough and purposely keeping demand high to rake in more money.[/QUOTE]

How is Nintendo making more money? It's not like the retail price has gone up.

[quote name='SixPounds']And as anyone knows Nintendo is purposely keeping demand high by not producing enough. It doesnt make sense though that they are the highest selling console right now and they cant seem to create enough Wii's to meet demand so I still blame Nintendo for not producing enough and purposely keeping demand high to rake in more money.[/QUOTE]

Right. Because logic is so much harder to use.

Walked in to TRU this afternoon and bought a copy of SSBB and Z&W with no problems. Of course, now I find out that I could get the whole deal for $5 less at TRU next week, so I'm debating whether to pull the shrink wrap or not.

i just got home from buying SSBB at Norwalk, CT (I didnt know about any promotion, and bestbuy was OOS. i went in with a $3 off TRU coupon and the 25 dollar GC back from Mario Galaxy deal), i bought SSBB for $22, then after checking out the game I saw the promotion on it and I wanted Zak and Wiki for $15, so I asked the lady and she nicely 'exchanged' SSBB for SSBB so I can take advantage of the deal.

So $40 out the door (well, $65 if you count the Mario Galxy GC) for 2 nice games. I'm happy.

and the $5 i don't think it's worth the trouble. what with gas being $4 very soon. LOL

edit: the Norwalk, CT TRU had a lot of SSBB when I left, and about 3-4 copies of Z&W at the wii section, might be more behind the shelf but i didn't check (Tuesday 8:00pm EDT)

I was kind of surprised when I picked SSBB up today that they still had a good amount of Z&W left. Even though it's slightly cheaper next week, it's not worth the hassle of returning the games, especially since I want to play SSBB now. I always wanted Z&W and $15 was a great deal.

Wow, nice find bang4dabuc. Unfortunately though, shipping ($13+) AND TN State Tax (9.25%) KILLS this for me. Anyone know of any good Promotional Codes or Free Shipping Codes?

That's an awesome deal, I know people here might not like this but with that Activistion rebate on GH3, you can basically get Brawl for free with this deal, if you send back GH3 to Activision for the refund.

[quote name='jeagle82']I just called my local TRU and a Manager told me that it's an "online only" special, and they can't match it in-store. DOH![/quote]
at my TRU they had like 10 small signs next to the wii aisle saying there was the sale xP
should work in-store :S

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']at my TRU they had like 10 small signs next to the wii aisle saying there was the sale xP
should work in-store :S[/quote]

He means the Guitar Hero 3 bundle being one of the game selections for half off. That's not in the ad, and would be extremely YMMV at stores.

EDIT: I just checked online and GH3 isn't one of the listed selections for 50% off:

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...=Supersmash30908&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

Is it just a glitch at checkout, or what?

Hmmm, searching for Guitar Hero 3 has pretty much all of them for B1G50% off...

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...kw=guitar hero 3&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

I just tried it, put both SSBB and GHIII Wii bundle in my cart and it marked down GHIII to $44.99. Comes to just over $116 w/ shipping and tax.

When I click on the promo link to see which titles are available, it takes me to LINK. 16 items, one of which is the GHIII Wii bundle.

[quote name='eugaet']I just tried it, put both SSBB and GHIII Wii bundle in my cart and it marked down GHIII to $44.99. Comes to just over $116 w/ shipping and tax.

When I click on the promo link to see which titles are available, it takes me to LINK. 16 items, one of which is the GHIII Wii bundle.[/quote]

Hmmm, link doesn't work for me.

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, link doesn't work for me.[/quote]Hmmm, that's weird. Don't see any reason that link wouldn't work. The sixteen Wii games I am shown are:

Shrek the Third
Transformers The Game
Barbie: Island Princess
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock with Guitar
Spider-Man Friend or Foe
Bee Movie Game
Hot Wheels: Beat That
My Sims
Dancing with the Stars
Monster Jam
Mario & Sonic At the Olympic Games
Tony Hawk: Proving Ground
Raving Rabbids 2
Zak & Wiki: Quest for Barbaro's Treasure
Prima Publishing Super Smash Bros. Brawl Guide
The Spiderwick Chronicles

OK, well, one is the SSBB strategy guide.

Does it show a discount if you search for and add them separately?

Ah, now I get it once I add SSBB to my cart. Then I have a link to an updated, extended list. Wow this is a really good deal.

Crap. GHIII OOS now. SD forum is crazy over this thing w/ people buying multiple sets (someone claimed 6 sets). Was thinking it'd be a cheap way to get a second guitar and have a spare disc for the surround sound exchange.

The promo runs to the 15th, so maybe they'll get some more in stock.

EDIT: OK, GHIII Wii is now inexplicably back in stock. They must have magically found some under a desk somewhere. Being used as a footrest.

EDIT EDIT: Ah, I see, GHIII is now not a part of the promo. The other 15 items still are, however. I recommend Z&W!

Yes, it is back in stock, but not for 50% off when purchased with SSBB like it was earlier today. I think maybe it was a mistake on their part and they caught it.

Out of curiosity, to the people that did order GHIII with SSBB for 50% off, is TRU still fulfilling your order(s) or have they sent some kind of "Order Cancelled" e-mail?

I bought Brawl and Z&W. $14.99 is a good deal for what has been an awesome game so far! And Brawl is not allowing me to get any work done either.

to anyone who did the TRU SSBB deal: did they ship them in a box or bubble envelope? pretty much all my orders from TRU.com has been damaged cuz they use bubble envelopes and the last thing i want is a damaged guide book. my local TRU is gone so it's a hassle for me to exchange stuff with their B&M stores so i just need to know...

[quote name='bang4dabuc']Guitar Hero III Wii was added to list of 50% off games at TRU website. It's in stock as of 10:45AM EST.

$95 for both + tax + shipping.[/QUOTE]

So an updated.... they shipped Brawl but not GHIII....
And charged a whopping 13 bucks for shipping....

So far I have a 67 dollar copy of Brawl....

Dooo dooo dooo.

They shipped my brawl but no guitar hero and charged me 13 dollars too. I better get my GHIII because if not then I got royally taken!

GHIII shipped. Sweet.

Odd thing - UPS Shipping on this bad boy today - arriving tomorrow

Brawl shipped yesterday - Arriving the 21st. o_O

I got SSBB and GHIII for half off. They show as shipped and they're on their way! :)

I already have GHIII, but this was too good a deal to pass up. Now I have a second guitar (returnable to Activision by August 31 for $132, if I decide to do so), a back-up disc for when I return my current one for the patched version, and of course, SSBB.

All in all, a great deal!

bread's done
Back