TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='superhippy1986']Is there a deal on skyrim or something because you guys have mentioned it lots of times..[/QUOTE]

All PC games noted in this thread could be found at TRU as clearance price for $9.98 + Tax.

I have a local store that rarely has more than a few customeers at a time. Will be going by in a few hours.

I honestly don't have a clue how the store stays in business. They are never sold out of anything. When SMB all stars was huge they had 2 copies a week after everyone else in town sold out.

Hoping for skyrim!

[quote name='georgebot84']249 Willowbrook in Houston just got raided by El Grande Hoardo

He took all MW3's and SC2's. I was just searching for Diablo 3. He told me had been going to all the TRU's in the area.

They still had
3 AC Revelations
1 Arkham City
3 WOW Cataclysms
1 WOW Pandaria
1 Sims 3
2 Starcraft 1 Battlechests.

Good Luck CAGs. I'm guessing this is already on SD since El Grande Hoardo seemed like an SDer, cause of his Dbagness.[/QUOTE]

Well that's ass.

Probably more like a fatwallet head? lol

Thanks OP. Slim pickings, but managed to grab the last Modern Warfare 3 and 2nd to last Starcraft 2. Great timing for me too, as my Live expired today, now I can still get my MW3 fix on!

Not much else left, handful of AssCreed Revelations, a few Sims 3 Plus Pets (great deal if you don't have the base Sims 3), some other Sims EXPAC, few cataclysms, handful of Batman AC's and a couple Starcraft battlechests. That's in store #9251 in Robinson Township, PA.

Good luck everyone!

Just picked up:
Skyrim (x3)
Starcraft II (x4)

Thinking of taking $20 for each of them, PM me if you're interested. No trades, sorry. =/

Southfield, MI store has 3 BAC, 3 ACR, 1 Rage ($9), 2 SWTOR, 1 WOW Battle Chest, 12 WOW Cataclysm, 1 BF3. Was gonna get the last for a friend, but he's not returning my text so whatever.

EDIT: He caught me as I was driving off, so I got it for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
severose - isnt that a douche move there? profiting off fellow CAGS? couldnt buy just one to play and leave the others for like well, others? I just shake my head at stunts like that.........should get banned just like people do for best buy/gstop flipping, yknow?
good day sir.

[quote name='dejeckt']TRU in Sacramento by Arden had these about an hour ago from this post...
2x Battlefield 3
1x Assassin's Creed Revelation
1x Old Republic
2~3x Sims 3 related games[/QUOTE]

BF3 looks like a good pick-up. I'm about to check the one in Elk Grove for MW3.

Battlefield 3 was just $10 on Origin, so that's not an incredible deal. Best Buy has had ToR at $10 too, but only once IIRC. ACR and the Sims 3 stuff has hit a little above $10 multiple times. They're all worth it at $10, in any case.

SC2, D3, Skyrim, and MW3 are the crazy deals here.

@steelcurtain11: Pandaria has been confirmed at still being $40.

Just got back:
6x SC2
2x BF3
1x MW3
1x B:AC

I'll sell for $20 each if you're interested; if not, early Christmas for my friends :)
And mind you, I had to drive for 2 hours and I always left a copy behind(except MW3; last one :/)

It was hilarious; they had 20+ WOW: Cataclysm and 10+ SC2, ton of BF3. The cashier was like "woa you're buying a lot of star wars movies" when I had the stack of SC 2.

[quote name='da2730da']Just got back:
6x SC2
[/QUOTE]
I assume you play with your StarCraft rival, and each of you control 3 PCs, each PC for each race:lol:

WOW i really need to start checking this site before work instead of after work. Nearest TRU is an hour away from my house right next to where I work and I just bought my first gaming computer and it is coming Thursday. I really hope this holds up til tomorrow.

The store in York,PA had:
Batman: AC
Battlefield 3
Starcraft 2
Sims 3 stuff
Modern Warfare 3.
And other stuff I can't remember.

I picked up Starcraft 2, MW3 and Batman. I'd be willing to trade/sell Starcraft 2 and MW3. Wouldn't mind Skyrim for a trade. :)

[quote name='ster']BF3 looks like a good pick-up. I'm about to check the one in Elk Grove for MW3.[/QUOTE]

Those were the ones left, I personally bought the last MW3 (sorry) and Assassin's Creed. Left the rest for someone else. Really just wanted MW3, SC2, and D3, but I guess MW3 is good enough.

Also, there is nothing at the TRU by Greenback. An employee said he only saw World of Warcraft Lich King I think at that TRU. Good luck at elk grove.

[quote name='Aerc']The store in York,PA had:
Batman: AC
Battlefield 3
Starcraft 2
Sims 3 stuff
Modern Warfare 3.
And other stuff I can't remember.

I picked up Starcraft 2, MW3 and Batman. I'd be willing to trade/sell Starcraft 2 and MW3. Wouldn't mind Skyrim for a trade. :)[/QUOTE]

I just walked out of the York pa store and got Starcraft. Still a copy of Starcraft on the shelf and the rest you said. Thanks for not taking them all an leaving some behind!

[quote name='TooPoor']I assume you play with your StarCraft rival, and each of you control 3 PCs, each PC for each race:lol:[/QUOTE]

Nope, just custom games :)

Question:
A lot of people here are talking trades. Do each of these games have a code that can be redeemed online (i.e. you just PM someone a code and they download the game themselves), or are you literally talking about mailing someone the boxed disc?

One in eatontown nj
Had 1 Batman
5 Ass creed rev
4 bf3
4 rage
4 WoW Cata
and a few expansions of sims

I picked up last skyrim. WoW Mop was full price

[quote name='Bizzquik']Question:
A lot of people here are talking trades. Do each of these games have a code that can be redeemed online (i.e. you just PM someone a code and they download the game themselves), or are you literally talking about mailing someone the boxed disc?[/QUOTE]

Steam-required games, Origin-required games, and Battle.Net-required games can actually be activated online w/ the game-key and then downloaded, yes. :D
These keys are one-time keys and get permanently bounded to your account.

Some Steam-required games = Skyrim; COD: Modern Warfare 3; RAGE.
Some Battle.Net required games = Diablo III; StarCraft 2.
Some Origin-required games = Battlefield 3.

only found mw3, sims 3, kotr, and i forgot the other one. no sc2, d3, or skyrim :/. anyone know when theyll stock up?

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I just walked out of the York pa store and got Starcraft. Still a copy of Starcraft on the shelf and the rest you said. Thanks for not taking them all an leaving some behind![/QUOTE]

No problem. I have no intention of hoarding. Hoarders are assholes

[quote name='Severose']Just picked up:
Skyrim (x3)
Starcraft II (x4)

Thinking of taking $20 for each of them, PM me if you're interested. No trades, sorry. =/[/QUOTE]

This is seriously NOT the place to be selling this shit. If we're on a thread about these games being $10, and you're offering them for $20, you're not a nice guy. Sell them on Craigslist, eBay, or Amazon, but don't try to swindle us.

Just walked out of the Schaumburg, IL TRU. MW3, Arkham City, Rage, Sims 3 expansions, Diablo and Starcraft Battlechests, and BF3 were all $10.

I bought MW3. Should be worth at least that :p

I guess my TRU doesn't carry PC games anymore. They weren't any where to be found and the employee said she didn't think they did. I know they had them at one time though.

Went to my local TRU (Roscoe Village, Chicago, Il), and I found Skyrim for $9.98! I think it was the last one (they MIGHT have more in the back...but I doubt it). Also got MW3 for $9.98. They had Sims 3, Pets, Starcraft 2 (lots of 'em), Rage (8.98), Revelations, Arkham City, Battlefield 3, and one more copy of MW3.

[quote name='Az986']I guess my TRU doesn't carry PC games anymore. They weren't any where to be found and the employee said she didn't think they did. I know they had them at one time though.[/QUOTE]

The one near me seem like they didn't have any pc games, that is until I found them at the bottom row in one of isles in the Video Game section (my store had it beneath some bags [3ds carrying cases?]). I'm assuming most stores will have it in random places. Also, I didn't really browse, but there seems to be a lot of weird items on clearance. I think I even saw a RockBand for ps2 (yea, ps2) on clearance.

[quote name='MysterD']Steam-required games, Origin-required games, and Battle.Net-required games can actually be activated online w/ the game-key and then downloaded, yes. :D
These keys are one-time keys and get permanently bounded to your account.

Some Steam-required games = Skyrim; COD: Modern Warfare 3; RAGE.
Some Battle.Net required games = Diablo III; StarCraft 2.
Some Origin-required games = Battlefield 3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man.

[quote name='jondier']only found mw3, sims 3, kotr, and i forgot the other one. no sc2, d3, or skyrim :/. anyone know when theyll stock up?[/QUOTE]

Never. I think doing a clearance like this on an already small selection seems like they want to get out of PC gaming for good...but some stores seem to be carrying the new WoW MoP so I'm not sure. However, I am still pretty certain that these $10 games are the last stock (unless the store initially had more in the back).

[quote name='m3g4t0ky0']Anyone know how things are at the Cary, NC store? Wish I lived closer. I want to try and get D3 & SC2.[/QUOTE]

I was there this morning (at 10) and got the last Starcraft II, they never had any Diablo III. They still had a few BF3, Akham, Rage, and Sims 3.

You might have a better shot with Durham - won't hurt to call and see if they have D3, the employees all knew about the prices so you won't be alerting anyone to anything.

Apparently the TRU in Appleton WI really sucks! All they had was the WoW MoP expansion. That was it. They don't stock anything else. What the fuck is that all about?

Crap the store my me just got rid of their pc section. Guy told me they only had a selection of 12 last week. CRAP. the other store has the 'crafts and Sims and batman. Not worth the drive

[quote name='cynicalaa22']This is seriously NOT the place to be selling this shit. If we're on a thread about these games being $10, and you're offering them for $20, you're not a nice guy. Sell them on Craigslist, eBay, or Amazon, but don't try to swindle us.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much everyone here is doing the exact same thing. Not to mention gas is expensive and not everyone lives 5 minutes away from their nearest TRU.

Just checked Norman, OK TRU. Still copies of mainly AC:revelations and Batman:AC. Think they also had mists of pandaria. No MW3, no SC2, and i picked up the last copy of D3.
Thanks a bunch OP!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pretty much everyone here is doing the exact same thing. Not to mention gas is expensive and not everyone lives 5 minutes away from their nearest TRU.[/QUOTE]

I usually add the gas fee when buying something from someone. However. when they were planning to go in the first place, then isn't the gas a given? When I sell stuff, if I were to go in the first place, I take the gas fee out. I just charge them the price+tax (as well as shipping if they require).

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pretty much everyone here is doing the exact same thing. Not to mention gas is expensive and not everyone lives 5 minutes away from their nearest TRU.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone. I'm glad the guy from York PA that was in the store before me left some copies of sc2. I left the last copy for another lucky sole.

Just a long shot but does any one want to trade a Starcraft 2 code for a Diablo 3. I'm not sure if this is the place to be asking but i wouldn't know where else to look so.

Ontario, CA had two AC:R, maybe 5 BF3, a bunch of Sims 3, and one MW3 left.

I picked up the other MW3, didn't see any copies of Diablo III or SC2 unfortunately.

Anyone know about the Chino Hills location?

If anyone is willing to trade any of the listed titles for an SC2 or D3, send me a PM.

EDIT: [quote name='cynicalaa22']This is seriously NOT the place to be selling this shit. If we're on a thread about these games being $10, and you're offering them for $20, you're not a nice guy. Sell them on Craigslist, eBay, or Amazon, but don't try to swindle us.[/QUOTE]I'm not usually one to bitch about people getting multiple copies, but I'm with you. You can pretty much fuck yourself if you're selling them for a markup on CAG, in the same damn thread as the deal, within a day of it being posted.

Wait, you mean I didn't sign up for a free deal sharing site so that instead of hooking up my fellow gamers I could instead charge a profit for something I was going to drive to anyway to get a deal? That is ridiculous. Now, where did I put that sarcasm font...

bread's done
Back