TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idiotekque']Holding out for that in the next Amazon sale! Tony specifically mentioned he was working on a CoD sale, and seeing as they always go on sale for crappy prices on Amazon, my fingers are crossed that he's working on better prices this time.

I just hope there isn't a bundle of like, all the CoD games for $30-35. >_> I'll be very depressed for buying MW3 alone if so, lol.[/QUOTE]

I hope Tony can get Amazon DVG to have COD: World at War and COD: Black Ops 1 on sale, since that is what I'm currently missing for COD PC games...

[quote name='walkonshadows']For those of you charging $20 for your extra copies, you should know that those copies you took off the shelf could have very well been purchased by a fellow CAG had you left them there, someone like me who drove for an hour to get there. I only want a SkyRim code, for $20 you should be willing to mail the box to them! Stracraft II was an amazing deal, cause it's not likely to drop for years, until it gets it's own "Battle Chest" and because it's not "Steamable", but I know Skyrim will eventually drop to 75% off, and I can wait, but had my Toy R Us a copy of it on the shelf for $10, I would have bought it. So....anyone with an extra copy willing to send the code for $11. I'm not gonna pay you for gas, you went to get games for yourself any damn way. And trying to screw out other CAG's for a profit, regardless of how you justify it is stupid.[/QUOTE]

rofl, why you so funny!

[quote name='walkonshadows']For those of you charging $20 for your extra copies, you should know that those copies you took off the shelf could have very well been purchased by a fellow CAG had you left them there, someone like me who drove for an hour to get there. I only want a SkyRim code, for $20 you should be willing to mail the box to them! Stracraft II was an amazing deal, cause it's not likely to drop for years, until it gets it's own "Battle Chest" and because it's not "Steamable", but I know Skyrim will eventually drop to 75% off, and I can wait, but had my Toy R Us a copy of it on the shelf for $10, I would have bought it. So....anyone with an extra copy willing to send the code for $11. I'm not gonna pay you for gas, you went to get games for yourself any damn way. And trying to screw out other CAG's for a profit, regardless of how you justify it is stupid.[/QUOTE]

I'll check the toys r us in York pa after I get back to my gf's place tomorrow. You've given plenty in the bgqc group. They had one left when I bought mine tonight. PM me tomorrow I'd havoc just PMd you this but in on my phone and its a pain.

I drove over to the Greenville, S.C. store. Here's what's left there:

There is a basket hanging near one of the far endcaps in the game section that still had:

StarCraft 2
RAGE
Battlefield 3
Assassins Creed: Revelations
Batman: Arkham City
Star Wars: The old Republic
The Sims 3 Plus Pets
Sims3 Pets
Sims3 Ambitions

I almost didn't see them they were so well hidden. They were actually ON the endcap at the Anderson store.

Oh, and Thank You OP!

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I'll check the toys r us in York pa after I get back to my gf's place tomorrow. You've given plenty in the bgqc group. They had one left when I bought mine tonight. PM me tomorrow I'd havoc just PMd you this but in on my phone and its a pain.[/QUOTE]

That is truly awesome of you.

On a side note.....now that I have this boxed copy of SCII in my hands, I am filled with a heavy dose of nastalgia. It's been so long since I bought a retail copy of a PC game. The velcro snap that lets the cover flap fold out into a 4 page panorama of gorgeous artwork. I miss this. I get why people are so upset when digital albums don't come with cover art or liner notes. There's something special here. Blizzard does it better than anyone. Remember the highly detailed pencil drawing that Metzing and the gang peppered randomly in the WarCraft II manual?

I think everyone understands your pain (and most will agree with you completely), but it's not always that black and white. If some CAGs didn't buy extras, some CAGs would have ZERO access to get these games at all. Not everyone lives by a TRU. If I want to go to the nearest TRU? Yeah, I have to get on a plane and fly to a neighbor island.

Regardless of what's stupid or not, it's common courtesy to pay someone for a service. $5 is not a high price to pay, while $1 is... well, you get what I'm saying.

(Although I still think Severose needs to sell me a Skyrim for $10, that bastard. :lol:)

[quote name='KingofGames']Old Republic? That's too funny.[/QUOTE]

That's going F2P soon.
But, I think there's benefits (FREE Cartel Points to buy EXTRA content that will otherwise NOT be FREE) if you have already bought the game ahead of time and played it, if I recall...

Look here.

EDIT:
How BIG is SW:TOR in size (in GB)?
Might be easier to have that on-disc than actually DL it, if it's huge in GB...

[quote name='bwrobins']Pm'd you about a copy of sc2, leaving the store in 2 mins.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for not responding. I was riding the bus back home. I was able to get a copy from Aerc. I would've happy paid you the $15, but as I said, I just got a copy. However, I'm sure there are a few CAGs here that us willing to pay the $15 for SC2.

[quote name='walkonshadows'] I miss this. I get why people are so upset when digital albums don't come with cover art or liner notes. There's something special here. Blizzard does it better than anyone. [/QUOTE]

Too bad the discs for both D3 and SC2 come in a cheap cardboard sleeve. I guess Blizzard couldn't afford a proper case.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Too bad the discs for both D3 and SC2 come in a cheap cardboard sleeve. I guess Blizzard couldn't afford a proper case.[/QUOTE]

LOL, That's an affirmative. I just opened it. I have 2 guess passes for Starcraft II (7 hours game time or 14 days from activation), and 2 (10 day) guess passes for World of Warcraft. PM me if you want them. Ill scan the card and send it to you.

Man all I found was Rage and AC: Revelations.
If anyone still has an extra Diablo 3 available to sell, I'd appreciate a copy :D
I'd pay through PayPal. Thanks!

Grabbed 1 each of BF3, AC:R and COD:MW3. Thanks OP! Sadly, no Skyrim or Diablo 3. Would love to grab D3 for myself, and get my friend onto the PC gaming bandwagon with Skyrim.

Between two stores I grabbed one each of the following:
Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Sims 3 Generations
ES Skyrim

The cashier was so amazed he ran over to grab a Mists of Pandaria but had a total sadface when it wasn't on clearance too.

All we had was WOW:Cat, COD3, and SC2. I picked up the last SC2, Sims 3 pets(for the wife), and BF3.

*Found out the wife already has Sims 3 Pets. If any wants to trade it for Diablo 3 PM me*

got battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3 if anyone wants to trade mostly for Starcraft 2 or diablo 3. might be willing to throw in some paypal money too depending on what you have and want. would also just buy starcraft 2 and diablo 3 with paypal. If we're trading i'd be willing to both mail the sealed games or just exchange cd keys. just message me. won't be on to check messages til 6:30-7 eastern tomorrow, but i'll get back to you. I feel bad taking stuff I didn't want, but I had to get something for making the drive. getting my first gaming pc on thursday and I need some games.

[quote name='DjHero_X']All we had was WOW:Cat, COD3, and SC2. I picked up the last SC2, Sims 3 pets(for the wife), and BF3.

*Found out the wife already has Sims 3 Pets. If any wants to trade it for Diablo 3 PM me*[/QUOTE]

That was a joke right?

[quote name='DjHero_X']*Found out the wife already has Sims 3 Pets. If any wants to trade it for Diablo 3 PM me*[/QUOTE]

[quote name='walkonshadows']That was a joke right?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing! LoL !!

[quote name='ZeTeny']Sorry for not responding. I was riding the bus back home. I was able to get a copy from Aerc. I would've happy paid you the $15, but as I said, I just got a copy. However, I'm sure there are a few CAGs here that us willing to pay the $15 for SC2.[/QUOTE]

No worries, I would rather just help out a courteous person than people squabbling over a "tip". Plus, I don't want to deprive my area CAGs of their own hunt for the game... I will only pickup for confirmed people.

Ghostrain first thanks for the awesome post and find.

I was wondering if you could wiki the first post so people could add locations and what is left so it is easier for CAGs?

TRU in Killeen, TX:
Batman Arkham City, Battlefield 3, StarCraft II, CoD: Modern Warfare 3 & two more games I can't remember because I had no interest. No Skyrim or Diablo III

P.S. I think I am having buyer's remorse. I went in to TRU to get SCII which I got but then I saw MW3 and grabbed it without thinking. I played this on the PS3 and didn't personally enjoy the multiplayer like I did in MW1&2. I think I am going to return MW3 after work tomorrow.

visited the Norwalk and Danbury TRU in CT. Found Sims 3 Pets, WOW: Cat and WOW: Battle Chests, RAGE, and COD:MW3. Picked up the last copy of COD:MW3.

In Danbury there were a ton of Starcraft Battle Chest bundles and found a Starcraft II box sitting on a shelf by its lonesome. Snatched that copy of SC2 faster than you can say "stacks of shovelware Wii games on clearance too". I was really looking for a D3 copy and Sims 3 + Pets but I'll probably hit up some more stores later this week.

[quote name='bwrobins']No worries, I would rather just help out a courteous person than people squabbling over a "tip". Plus, I don't want to deprive my area CAGs of their own hunt for the game... I will only pickup for confirmed people.[/QUOTE]

whats "confirmed" how do i do it?

My friend and I just picked up Starcraft II and Assassin's Creed: Revelations at the store off of Harmony in Fort Collins. I believe there was one or two copies of both games left, and several of the other games.

Spotted in NJ today...

Raritan, NJ:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (one copy)
Battlefield 3
The Sims 3

Trenton/Lawrenceville:
Starcraft II
WOW: Cataclysm
Battlefield 3
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Some Star Wars games that I should've price checked (Battlefront, Republic Commando, Jedi Knight)

Burlington:
Starcraft II
Battlefield 3
WOW: Cataclysm
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Some Sims 3 expansions
Lego Universe

[quote name='bwrobins']No worries, I would rather just help out a courteous person than people squabbling over a "tip". Plus, I don't want to deprive my area CAGs of their own hunt for the game... I will only pickup for confirmed people.[/QUOTE]

True. I was going to help a few CAGs here if my TRU had some copies. Though I can only help like 2 since I only have like $30 total. Sucks being a college student with a bunch of loans... Thanks again for the offer.

[quote name='tham1988']whats "confirmed" how do i do it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Duckvader']Yeah I second this question![/QUOTE]

I assume its people that are for sure willing/wanted to buy it so he doesn't end up being a hoarder.

[quote name='tham1988']whats "confirmed" how do i do it?[/QUOTE]

Haha, "confirmed" are people who stated I am willing to buy at this given price via paypal prior to my visit of the store. And it helps if you have some CAG trading rep.

Example, there were two people who stated the wanted SC2 and are willing to pay $15. I picked up a copy for one after he commited to purchasing it. The other guy already got a copy from someone else.

People posting "get me a copy" without a reasonable price listed are not worth a PM. I will leave those people to fiend off other CAGers in pursuit of a game. (And eventually SDers, when they catch wind)

Just gonna toss it up again, if anyone grabs a Skyrim that they don't need, I'll pay $15 PayPal (fees covered by me) for the code. No need for shipping or anything, quick $5 if you're already at the store. :)

PM me!

[quote name='Idiotekque']I think everyone understands your pain (and most will agree with you completely), but it's not always that black and white. If some CAGs didn't buy extras, some CAGs would have ZERO access to get these games at all. Not everyone lives by a TRU. If I want to go to the nearest TRU? Yeah, I have to get on a plane and fly to a neighbor island.

Regardless of what's stupid or not, it's common courtesy to pay someone for a service. $5 is not a high price to pay, while $1 is... well, you get what I'm saying.

(Although I still think Severose needs to sell me a Skyrim for $10, that bastard. :lol:)[/QUOTE]

I'd do $15. They want $20. Double the game. $1 isn't enough though. Not knocking him though if he got it like that.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just gonna toss it up again, if anyone grabs a Skyrim that they don't need, I'll pay $15 PayPal (fees covered by me) for the code. No need for shipping or anything, quick $5 if you're already at the store. :)

PM me![/QUOTE]

Ditto. Skyrim, D3 and S2 if ya got it. $15 each. Not holding any breathes though. My trading here might be none existent but my ebay and Amazon seller/buyer rating is a 100%. :)

On my hunt: fuck south Houston. Reliant and Sugarland didn't have anymore PC games and Westheimer didn't have any copies SC2, D3, or Skyrim. That was a waste of gas of time. -_-
I don't think Reliant is in on any deals. That store is trash half for these deals.

[quote name='bwrobins']Haha, "confirmed" are people who stated I am willing to buy at this given price via paypal prior to my visit of the store. And it helps if you have some CAG trading rep.

Example, there were two people who stated the wanted SC2 and are willing to pay $15. I picked up a copy for one after he commited to purchasing it. The other guy already got a copy from someone else.

People posting "get me a copy" without a reasonable price listed are not worth a PM. I will leave those people to fiend off other CAGers in pursuit of a game. (And eventually SDers, when they catch wind)[/QUOTE]

That's a good point that I didn't realize and thanks for clearing it up. Okie dokie then let me clarify. If anyone has an extra copy of Diablo 3 I would be willing to PayPal $15. Thanks!

What is TRU?
I'm waiting for Coconut Queen 2 to come out. :bouncy:
[quote name='SeeMoreLegs']How does one get in said group?[/quote]
Are you sure you want to?

[quote name='bwrobins']Haha, "confirmed" are people who stated I am willing to buy at this given price via paypal prior to my visit of the store. And it helps if you have some CAG trading rep.

People posting "get me a copy" without a reasonable price listed are not worth a PM. I will leave those people to fiend off other CAGers in pursuit of a game. (And eventually SDers, when they catch wind)[/QUOTE]

I would definately take a starcraft 2 for 15 paypal bucks. and does your store have diablo 3? I guess not since i din't see a post mentioning it.

No luck at my local TRU. They had like 3 Batman ACs and a bunch of Sims titles. No SC2, Skyrim, or D3...
I will try the two others out by my girlfriend's place tomorrow but if not I really would like an SC2 key for $15.

Otherwise like I said I will try and nab some for others if they have some!

If anyone has an extra SC2 or Diablo 3 please PM and I'll be happy to pay $15 PayPal each + shipping. Went to 4 TRU in my area and all they had was Battlefield 3 and Rage.

[quote name='ZincAlloy']I went to my Toys and it all the games were still full price :([/QUOTE]

Did you try to check out? They may not have been marked by the staff.

[quote name='Akio']anyone know if we could get this pricematched at walmart with receipt?[/QUOTE]

Doubt they will match clearance but who knows.

A couple of Sims expansions at TRU in La Mesa, ca. Not much else.

I don't know if I suck at this or if San Diego has a lot of other cags, but I've never gotten lucky on any of these finds. I'll try another store tomorrow, though I don't have much hope in it.

I went to a TRU in Chicago (IL) that had a horrendously decrepit gaming section. I also saw Arkham City, Rage, BF3, AC: Revelations, Sims 3 Ambitions, and Sims 3 Pets.

edit: Image removed. Clearly that was very rude of me, I apologize.

[quote name='sayzeem']
8049569558_a2e1e2bbbb.jpg

I went to a TRU in Chicago (IL) that had a horrendously decrepit gaming section. I also saw Arkham City, Rage, BF3, AC: Revelations, Sims 3 Ambitions, and Sims 3 Pets.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:#

This one is gonna hurt to watch. Or be hilarious. Not sure which

Desperation. I going to my tru tomorrow in hopes to find skyrim. However, if I can't find it. I'll gladly do 15 plus whatever it costs to ship through PayPal. I know my accounts new, that's how desperate I am for skyrim. Lol

bread's done
Back