TRU - Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Starcraft II, Sims 3, MW3, AC Revelations - $10 on PC

Ghostrain

CAGiversary!
[quote name='shrike4242']Stop with all of the trade/sell/buy requests in here, effective immediately.

Put all of those requests in here, please:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329477
[/QUOTE]

Just went into my local TRU and spotted their PC section looking barren, and cheap too!

Found Batman Arkham City, The Sims 3 (Pets and Ambitions too), Battlefield 3, Call of Duty MW3, Starcraft II, Assassin's Creed Revelations, and RAGE all on PC for $9.98 each.

I know there's a TRU Clearance thread, but this seemed big enough to post about on its own.

I know this pic is blurry, but it's the best I could do:

m0rTC.jpg

Can get a pic of my Starcraft II receipt if you'd like too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed the last copy of Skyrim in the Deptford NJ store. They had a few of the S3 eps Rage AC and BF3. No D3 or SC2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crisicola']How did you find that out? I have another TRU in my area I wanted to find D3 in but want to check if it's worth the drive...[/QUOTE]

I called one store and the lady checked the other stores in the region. TRU's system has been like that for years, at least since I worked there 7 years ago. When they look up an item, they can check stores in a district, region, state or wherever.

Looks like I will be stopping at Toys R Us today, I was there on Sunday and saw StarCraft 2 and thought... maybe I should scan it... oh well I have never played Starcraft figured I needed to. Ill report what I get later.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Just walked out of the Schaumburg, IL TRU. MW3, Arkham City, Rage, Sims 3 expansions, Diablo and Starcraft Battlechests, and BF3 were all $10.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning which store—saves me a trip, as I'm only interested in Skyrim. I saw a couple of other Chicagoland posters mention where they hit, but I haven't seen any about the Golf Mill / Niles location. I can hit that one on the way to work, and I can report back later.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']How come nobody has complained about the "Slickdealers" hoarding every copy in existence yet?[/QUOTE]

Because I don't think they got there yet. mine still had 3 or 4 copies of SC2 that they hadn't even put out yet, so even though I bought two, I knew there were some left over with just about every WoW expansion you can think of, Rage and a couple of other games I didn't have an interest in. I figure if that many are left around me when usually I try to get on one of these deals in my area, it's been cleared out since the day before it started.

Went this morning about 10 minutes after opening.

Picked up Diablo III, Star Craft II, MW3 and BF3.

Only bought one of each. I would have picked up an extra Diablo III, Star Craft II for others but I didn't have that option as I got the last copy from the shelf.

[quote name='TooPoor']Wow, a CAGIT already in the hoarding, flipping and bragging business[/QUOTE]

Yep, sadly, even CAG has its share of scumbags.

[quote name='vicks']I got an extra copy of star craft 2 I will trade for a key for diablo 3. Otherwise I'll sell the key for 12 bucks..[/QUOTE]

PM'd

Cool I stopped by they was pulling them from the shelves. not sure what that was about was able to score some nice ones Lucked up today

Helloooo CAG.

Saw that a few of you wanted SC2 & Skyrim, so I managed to pick up a few copies today.

2x SC2
1x Skyrim

I figure $15 a piece for the code, $20 if you want them shipped. Amazon Payments preferably!

[quote name='Gully']Helloooo CAG.

Saw that a few of you wanted SC2 & Skyrim, so I managed to pick up a few copies today.

2x SC2
1x Skyrim

I figure $15 a piece for the code, $20 if you want them shipped. Amazon Payments preferably![/QUOTE]

PM'd

2x SC2

I figure $15 a piece for the code, $20 if you want them shipped. Amazon Payments preferably![/QUOTE]

Skyrim is gone. Ill make a few calls and see if there's any at the TRU by my job and swing by later if so. Will update later if so!

[quote name='Gully']Skyrim is gone. Ill make a few calls and see if there's any at the TRU by my job and swing by later if so. Will update later if so![/QUOTE]

Thanks for keeping the spirit of CAG alive, man.

[quote name='Gully']Skyrim is gone. Ill make a few calls and see if there's any at the TRU by my job and swing by later if so. Will update later if so![/QUOTE]

Thank you!

If anyone wants to trade a skyrim i have an extra sc2 and bf....will even trade both for a sealed skyrim. Pm if interested

At least 10 copies of SC2 at the Media PA store. Also a few MW3s, Rage, and Sims.

I'm looking for Skyrim if anyone want SC2 or MW3.

I was able to grab Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 at the Toys R Us in Mcdonough, Georgia. i got the last Diablo 3 but there were plenty of Starcraft 2. I also saw a lot of WoW: Cataclysm, a few Rage, at least one MW3, and a Diablo Battle Chest, sadly no Sims 3.

2x SC2
1x Skyrim

Tried to pm but your inbox is full. I would take sc2 for $15 thru amazon payments if you still have it

Checked out the toys r us in Kennesaw ga. No dice on diablo or Starcraft. Would have really liked diablo III for my girl. Oh well.

For anyone in the Orlando area went to 2 stores here is what I found

Waterford Lakes:
Battlefield
MW3
Plenty of Sims
Rage
SC Battlechest
Millenia:
1 Starcraft 2 left
MW3
Battlefield
Batman
SIMS

Only bought a SC2 for myself (they still have 1) not interested in flipping

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Tried to pm but your inbox is full. I would take sc2 for $15 thru amazon payments if you still have it[/QUOTE]

My apologies, try now.

Managed to swing by the TRU by my job, only had one copy left of SC2. Picked it up since so many of the TRU's around a few CAGers seem to be out.

Employee told me he had a guy come in and pick them clean, bought the (3) copies of Diablo they had and (9) copies of Starcraft 2. Excessive.

So have we reached a consensus regarding most sought (and most rare) games?

1. Diablo 3
2. Starcraft II
3. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
5. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
6. Battlefield 3
7. Batman: Arkham City
8. Sims 3 and its various expansions

[quote name='Bizzquik']So have we reached a consensus regarding most sought (and most rare) games?

1. Diablo 3
2. Starcraft II
3. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
5. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
6. Battlefield 3
7. Batman: Arkham City
8. Sims 3 and its various expansions[/QUOTE]

My experience is Skyrim is more rare than SC2, but D3 is definitely the holy grail

Yeah, this is getting kind of sad now.

There must be 20+ different CAGs who have actively indicated a desire to get Skyrim or Diablo 3 for $15. (myself included)

Supply

[quote name='Bizzquik']Yeah, this is getting kind of sad now.

There must be 20+ different CAGs who have actively indicated a desire to get Skyrim or Diablo 3 for $15. (myself included)

Supply

Update on the Anderson, SC store:

I went back there at lunch today just because I was curious. The remaining PC game stock had been moved from the endcap to a standalone 4-sided "$19.99 or less!" display near the checkout island. They still had a few games left, notably 1 copy each of MW3 and SC2. The PC games were no longer marked with their prices, and were totally mixed in with various Wii, DS, and 360 games. This is why you really need to search that dept well before you give up on this deal.

They still had:

1 x SC2
1 x MW3
2 x Sims
2 x AC:R
2 x B:AC
1 x RAGE

CAGs,

I am making a run to a toys r us that is out of my way. They said they would hold copies of both diablo 3 and skyrim for me. I will update the post when I see how many copies they have. I will sell them for $15 paypal gift.

[quote name='Mikocouch']I have diablos and skyrims for $16. LETS GOOO![/QUOTE]

LoL.

Dude, I've tried offering $17 and no one has agreed to sell me the keys. I'd do $35 for the two of 'em happily.

I just think we've reached the point where the number of people who would help out another CAG have dwindled to those who just want to make a quick buck.

(And no one wants to trade for my MW3, either.)

[quote name='Punisher138']My experience is Skyrim is more rare than SC2, but D3 is definitely the holy grail[/QUOTE]

For finds at TRU, yeah - D3 is the holy grail. It's probably the hardest to get on the cheap - like many Blizzard games and some Activision games.

If you ask me which game I prefer - Skyrim, no doubt, without hesitation.
Granted, I've spent 98 hours w/ Skyrim and don't have nearly as much time on D3 yet.

[quote name='timmywanabreak']Is this all toys r us's? I found a mw3 but sticker is still retail price. Should I do a price check?[/QUOTE]

So far it has been most (but not all) TRU's in the U.S. I would absolutely do a price-check. The Toys R' Us stores around here have those price scanner things every few aisles in the toy section, so take it over there if you don't want to bother a sales associate.

[quote name='Bizzquik']LoL.

Dude, I've tried offering $17 and no one has agreed to sell me the keys. I'd do $35 for the two of 'em happily.

I just think we've reached the point where the number of people who would help out another CAG have dwindled to those who just want to make a quick buck.

(And no one wants to trade for my MW3, either.)[/QUOTE]

I would gladly spend like over $100 on these to give back to CAGs if I could find any : /

[quote name='Bizzquik']LoL.

(And no one wants to trade for my MW3, either.)[/QUOTE]

Everyone wants Skyrim and Diablo 3 for $15 and why wouldn't they? Not likely to find Diablo 3 anywhere close to that price anytime in the future. From what I saw in the stores I visited, these two are by far the scarcest of the lot. So good luck to the horde of people, hoping for the white knights to hook them up!

BTW, ill jump on the demand bandwagon and say that I too will gladly pay $15 for all your Diablo's!

For those of you that call, make sure that they're checking actual inventory and not the computer. I've called two Toys R' Us in my area and they told me they were out of some of the titles because the computer showed none. However, upon checking the actual store, they were available.

This sale has ruined me. I'll never be able to buy Diablo 3, Starcraft 2(maybe in $10 years for the battlechests versions), or Skyrim (well maybe one day on steam). Knowing that they once existed for $10 in the world will stop me from ever spending more.

Stupid Toys R Us.

bread's done
Back