TRU Buy 2 get 1 free info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!
First off, I work at a TRU in Wisconsin. I very much know this to be true, coming from my manager, k?

Well, Nintendo Gamecube and Gameboy Advance is the week of October 17th.

Playstation 2 and XBox is the week of October 24th.

You can mix and match between the games for the systems on sale that week. So, you can mix and match PS2 and XBox, or GBA and Gamecube, but no PS2 and Gamecube or XBox and GBA, sadly.

Although, for some reason, our store calander for the month that we display entrance only mentions it being the week October 24th (stating no specific systems). However, that little store calandar has been wrong before. After all, it says Def Jam Fight for NY is out next week...

But once again, i've been reassured 2 days in a row now this will be the schedule. Enjoy your chance to get a free copy of GTA San Andreas!

vherub...well said. That's what I was driving at a few posts back, only you said it better.

Can't wait for this sale. I'm thinking about Paper Mario, but I've never succesfully made my way through an RPG ever. I just get bored.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']vherub...well said. That's what I was driving at a few posts back, only you said it better.

Can't wait for this sale. I'm thinking about Paper Mario, but I've never succesfully made my way through an RPG ever. I just get bored.[/quote]

Well the paper mario games are easy as pie and short (in relative RPG terms). Not confusing, not too much to get bored from except the simplicity, but thats part of the fun in the series (including Mario & Luigi even though it's not "paper").

[quote name='nmon3447'][quote name='slidecage'][quote name='narclepto99'][quote name='Death2Sanity'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='slidecage']I GOT A QUESTION. I asked this at the local TRU and t one person said t hey said they didnt know but the dude in the Rzone said it might happen since the games are two different weeks.

YOU MUST RETURN ALL 3 Games ON THE Buy 2 GET 1 FREE... NO single game will be accepted in the return...

this way you cant have people buying nintendo games taking them back a week later and getting Free ps2 xbox games

Can anyone confirm[/quote]

I can't confirm, but it sounds like a damn good idea. Most stores require items in "Buy X / Get X Free" or "Free Gift" sales to be returned together, and this would seriously screw over the people who decide to buy crappy games in hopes of exchanging later. TRU can sell copies of the GTA games or Paper Mario much easier than they can Catwoman or Aquaman.

Confirmation would be nice...any TRU employees here that know? :)[/quote]

On a sale like this, you cannot bring back just one game. You have to bring back all games.

And yes, I work at TRU.[/quote]

If you get gift receipts you can.[/quote]

i heard TRU is changing it this year you got to return all 3 Or none[/quote]

This is bad... i was hoping to do all my christmas shopping on the TRU sale. But since now we cant return individual items... what would happen if one of the people i gave a game to wants to return it? Do i have to get the 2 other games back from the people i gave them to already just so this one person can be happy? That policy is a little bit ludicrous in my opinion[/quote]

Keep it sealed, return it to any store. Around christmas time as long as its sealed a lot of stores will take it for in store credit, because sometimes gifts come from half way around the world or 8 states away with no receipt. They can turn around and sell it right back to someone else for the same price so they lose nothing and it's something that's got some leway around the holiday season.

I know gamestop used to give you full in store credit for a "trade-in" of a sealed game. Dunno if they do anymore though...but I'm sure some store will let them bring it back. Best bet is target though

[quote name='Nameless One'][quote name='nmon3447'][quote name='slidecage'][quote name='narclepto99'][quote name='Death2Sanity'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='slidecage']I GOT A QUESTION. I asked this at the local TRU and t one person said t hey said they didnt know but the dude in the Rzone said it might happen since the games are two different weeks.

YOU MUST RETURN ALL 3 Games ON THE Buy 2 GET 1 FREE... NO single game will be accepted in the return...

this way you cant have people buying nintendo games taking them back a week later and getting Free ps2 xbox games

Can anyone confirm[/quote]

I can't confirm, but it sounds like a damn good idea. Most stores require items in "Buy X / Get X Free" or "Free Gift" sales to be returned together, and this would seriously screw over the people who decide to buy crappy games in hopes of exchanging later. TRU can sell copies of the GTA games or Paper Mario much easier than they can Catwoman or Aquaman.

Confirmation would be nice...any TRU employees here that know? :)[/quote]

On a sale like this, you cannot bring back just one game. You have to bring back all games.

And yes, I work at TRU.[/quote]

If you get gift receipts you can.[/quote]

i heard TRU is changing it this year you got to return all 3 Or none[/quote]

This is bad... i was hoping to do all my christmas shopping on the TRU sale. But since now we cant return individual items... what would happen if one of the people i gave a game to wants to return it? Do i have to get the 2 other games back from the people i gave them to already just so this one person can be happy? That policy is a little bit ludicrous in my opinion[/quote]

Keep it sealed, return it to any store. Around christmas time as long as its sealed a lot of stores will take it for in store credit, because sometimes gifts come from half way around the world or 8 states away with no receipt. They can turn around and sell it right back to someone else for the same price so they lose nothing and it's something that's got some leway around the holiday season.

I know gamestop used to give you full in store credit for a "trade-in" of a sealed game. Dunno if they do anymore though...but I'm sure some store will let them bring it back. Best bet is target though[/quote]

Target changed big time. They wont touch anything without a recept.. IF your buying games as Gifts they tell you to use a Credit card or check so they can go back and look it up. Though i hate CC I HATE CC

I HATE CC

Buy two get one free on all PS2, GC, and XBOX games. GBA games are not included in this deal. This is the real deal. I have seen the ad for myself and can confirm this. For any other TRU employee's wanting to check up on this it is ROTO G in your MAP initiatives.

I would love to post pics for you but for as heavy as I am into console games my pc hardware is pretty pathetic. Sorry.

But what you're saying is that GC, PS2, and XB are the same week? Can we mix and match like we are all hoping? If so then Pikmin 2, ToS, and Shin Megami Tensei are mine!!!

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Praises be to the high heavens.

Angels and cherubims sing in exultation, "Alleluia!"

And then there was light.[/quote]

then i charged up and took a mega DUMP!!!

Yea you can mix and match. Though I wouldn't get my hopes up to high for Shin Megami. We never get direct shipments of Atlus games. Meaning that we normaly see Atlus games a few weeks after release. All we can do is hope we get it by that week.

Yeah... luckily I have two TRU in my area so hopefully one of them will have it. Also I live in NY so i can just go to the super huge one in times square which i know will have the game.

Just for the sake of clarifications when you say "Buy two get one free" you mean buy two games and get a third free right?

Yeah... luckily I have two TRU in my area so hopefully one of them will have it. Also I live in NY so i can just go to the super huge one in times square which i know will have the game.

Yes. Buy two games get the third game for free. Of course they are going to give you the cheapest of the three for free.

so, are multiple copies of a gmae out of the question, such as 2 or 3 copies of San Andreas? And please dont flame me, cuz it would be 3 of my friends getting the game.

The registers will not bar you from buying three of the same games. Your results will vary depending on the management team at your location. It is within the TRU policy to limit sales items to one per guest. But again this just depends on how anal about this management wants to be.

I would almost expect them to limit in-store to one copy per person, after the "dealers" that came in uring the first days of the green tag sale that cleaned them out of the good stuff.

Probably won't be in the ad, but I would bet that they'll put that restriction in-store about it.

Yes! Operation Toys'R'Us CAG is good to go! I'm very glad that they're allowing mix-and-match between the tree consoles. I'll definitely stop by Toys'R'Us and see whats available. Planning on picking up Wind Waker, Viewtiful Joe, and perhaps Jak II. Depending on whats available, I might decide to pick up either 3 or 6 games.

Thank you so much, the Toys'R'Us employees who have brought us this news! Bingbangboom, tubtub, ShinAkuma, and jetsetmario! Give them a hand, guys!

We're all waiting for that confirmation. I can still get tons of games I want even if it ends up being seperate deals like originally believed. But i doubt I'll get to make two trips so hopefully it will be one deal.

Typically these type of deals are mirrored by our online counterpart, but I will have to look into the online availability of this deal tommorow in order to confirm.

The reason GBA games are not ususally included in these types of deals is because margin on GBA games is to prohibitive.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']so does it start next week or the week after?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm wondering when exactly the start date is too

In case anyone thinks jetsetmario is lying, another TRU employee on another forum (Gaming-Age) has confirmed the deal. Starts on the 24th

Also for everyone's info, TRU has the new style PSTwo. It pisses me off, but they do have it. I was there today.

today in the mail, i got something from toys r us. Inside is a coupon for $10 off any $50 or more purchase for the month of october. Just a heads up.

Anyone knows if I get a pre order on GTA: San Andreas that I can use the preorder with this deal so I can guarantee my copy of GTA: SA.

[quote name='Trakan']Also for everyone's info, TRU has the new style PSTwo. It pisses me off, but they do have it. I was there today.[/quote]

How does that piss you off?

I called the ToysRus in Slidell,La. and spoke to the manager about the buy 2 get 1 free deal. I asked her if I buy 2 games now and the sale starts in 2 weeks can I bring my receipt in and get a free game. She said as long as the sale happens within 30 days of my purchase that I could bring my receipt in and get my free game. This may be the way to go to get the games you want. Just call the store and speak to the manager to verify if your store will allow this. :D

Onetrackmind - was the coupon in the newspaper or did you sign up with TRU so that they send you promotionals? And is it valid during the B2G1 sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back