TRU Buy 2 get 1 free info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!
First off, I work at a TRU in Wisconsin. I very much know this to be true, coming from my manager, k?

Well, Nintendo Gamecube and Gameboy Advance is the week of October 17th.

Playstation 2 and XBox is the week of October 24th.

You can mix and match between the games for the systems on sale that week. So, you can mix and match PS2 and XBox, or GBA and Gamecube, but no PS2 and Gamecube or XBox and GBA, sadly.

Although, for some reason, our store calander for the month that we display entrance only mentions it being the week October 24th (stating no specific systems). However, that little store calandar has been wrong before. After all, it says Def Jam Fight for NY is out next week...

But once again, i've been reassured 2 days in a row now this will be the schedule. Enjoy your chance to get a free copy of GTA San Andreas!

[quote name='SteveMcQ'][quote name='slidecage']i will proally pick up 3 Paper marios keep 1 dump the other 2 on ebay[/quote]

Not cool. Leave it for other people who want it.[/quote]

Indeed. This is the sorta thing that makes me wanna talk to my store director and then call up my district manager and get permission to bust your fingers if you try this sorta thing when i'm around.

If someone walks up to my counter and asks for 3 copies of GTA San Andreas and nothing else, i'll tell ya to get lost without hesitation. If you want to spend $300 on some other videogames at my store and then get 3 copies for free, then that's a different story.

[quote name='ShinAkuma'][quote name='SteveMcQ'][quote name='slidecage']i will proally pick up 3 Paper marios keep 1 dump the other 2 on ebay[/quote]

Indeed. This is the sorta thing that makes me wanna talk to my store director and then call up my district manager and get permission to bust your fingers if you try this sorta thing when i'm around.

If someone walks up to my counter and asks for 3 copies of GTA San Andreas and nothing else, i'll tell ya to get lost without hesitation. If you want to spend $300 on some other videogames at my store and then get 3 copies for free, then that's a different story.[/quote]

Who cares? What if 3 friends got in on the deal and decided they all wanted their own copy of a game? What if someone is obsessive compulsive and can only buy something in 3's? What if someone wanted to buy 3 Aquaman's, would you feel the same? Whatever the scenerio, it's none of anyone's business what a person does with a game once he/she buys it. It's a fucking luxury item, not something fucking detrimental to someone's life. People buying games = good for the gaming industry.

(Personally, I like to buy 3 games of a kind, stick 'em up my hole, and then return them to an employee such as yourself. Have a problem with that? Too bad, you'll never know when I'll do that at your store unless you sniff the games once you handle them. Just make sure to wash your ends at the end of your shift.)

[quote name='bmarquardt'][quote name='ShinAkuma'][quote name='SteveMcQ'][quote name='slidecage']i will proally pick up 3 Paper marios keep 1 dump the other 2 on ebay[/quote]

If someone walks up to my counter and asks for 3 copies of GTA San Andreas and nothing else, i'll tell ya to get lost without hesitation. If you want to spend $300 on some other videogames at my store and then get 3 copies for free, then that's a different story.[/quote]

Who cares? What if 3 friends got in on the deal and decided they all wanted their own copy of a game? What if someone is obsessive compulsive and can only buy something in 3's? What if someone wanted to buy 3 Aquaman's, would you feel the same? Whatever the scenerio, it's none of anyone's business what a person does with a game once he/she buys it. It's a shaq-fuing luxury item, not something shaq-fuing detrimental to someone's life. People buying games = good for the gaming industry.

(Personally, I like to buy 3 games of a kind, stick 'em up my hole, and then return them to an employee such as yourself. Have a problem with that? Too bad, you'll never know when I'll do that at your store unless you sniff the games once you handle them. Just make sure to wash your ends at the end of your shift.)[/quote]

people don't like others doing this because sometimes a game runs out of stock and if someone did that when someone else wanted a chance at it, it can really piss someone off. i swear if you came in the store i work at with an attitude i would tell you to shaq-fu off. i have done it before while my manager was beside me because someone was yelling at me for no reason. i may sound like an asshole and i might be to some people, but i am nice most of the time. i just have a problem with assholes other than myself.

[quote name='biggestinuyashafan']people don't like others doing this because sometimes a game runs out of stock and if someone did that when someone else wanted a chance at it, it can really piss someone off. i swear if you came in the store i work at with an attitude i would tell you to shaq-fu off. i have done it before while my manager was beside me because someone was yelling at me for no reason. i may sound like an asshole and i might be to some people, but i am nice most of the time. i just have a problem with assholes other than myself.[/quote]

The gist of my post was that I don't care what other people do with their money and neither should anyone else. Some people post on here like they're darn right "ENTIGHTLED" to a deal, even if it's something in short supply and at a low price (clearences and price mistakes are one example). People are bound to miss out on deals, that's just how it goes.

Be pissed off all you want if someone buys 80 copies of a game, but you're just wasting your frustration that could be put to better use elsewhere. Again, games are a fucking luxury item that everyone could live without.

Since many members buy multiples for trade, CheapyD better get rid of the Trading Forum. fucking hoarders. :roll:

Well, I just picked up the Sunday morning paper and dug out the TRU ad and nowhere was there any mention of the deal happening this week, for GC/GBA, PS2/XBox, or both. I guess it really will be next week or the week after then. Ah well.... :?

[quote name='bmarquardt'][quote name='biggestinuyashafan']people don't like others doing this because sometimes a game runs out of stock and if someone did that when someone else wanted a chance at it, it can really piss someone off. i swear if you came in the store i work at with an attitude i would tell you to shaq-fu off. i have done it before while my manager was beside me because someone was yelling at me for no reason. i may sound like an asshole and i might be to some people, but i am nice most of the time. i just have a problem with assholes other than myself.[/quote]

The gist of my post was that I don't care what other people do with their money and neither should anyone else. Some people post on here like they're darn right "ENTIGHTLED" to a deal, even if it's something in short supply and at a low price (clearences and price mistakes are one example). People are bound to miss out on deals, that's just how it goes.

Be pissed off all you want if someone buys 80 copies of a game, but you're just wasting your frustration that could be put to better use elsewhere. Again, games are a shaq-fuing luxury item that everyone could live without.

Since many members buy multiples for trade, CheapyD better get rid of the Trading Forum. shaq-fuing hoarders. :roll:[/quote]

I think what we're driving at here is that we are a community. Try to help out the other CAGs here so they can get the game they want instead of someone getting mulitple copies for profit.

If you don't feel like being courteous to other CAGs and others in general and feel that you want to make money, then fine go ahead. It is your money, but I sure as hell bet you'd be pissed if someone in front of you picked up all remaining stock of a game for profit.

I heard that it's Nintendo's fault their week is seperate because they didn't want to have it the same week as PS2 and Xbox games, I guess because they want people to buy 3 Nintendo games.

[quote name='SteveMcQ'][quote name='bmarquardt'][quote name='biggestinuyashafan']people don't like others doing this because sometimes a game runs out of stock and if someone did that when someone else wanted a chance at it, it can really piss someone off. i swear if you came in the store i work at with an attitude i would tell you to shaq-fu off. i have done it before while my manager was beside me because someone was yelling at me for no reason. i may sound like an asshole and i might be to some people, but i am nice most of the time. i just have a problem with assholes other than myself.[/quote]

Be pissed off all you want if someone buys 80 copies of a game, but you're just wasting your frustration that could be put to better use elsewhere. Again, games are a shaq-fuing luxury item that everyone could live without.

Since many members buy multiples for trade, CheapyD better get rid of the Trading Forum. shaq-fuing hoarders. :roll:[/quote]

I think what we're driving at here is that we are a community. Try to help out the other CAGs here so they can get the game they want instead of someone getting mulitple copies for profit.

If you don't feel like being courteous to other CAGs and others in general and feel that you want to make money, then fine go ahead. It is your money, but I sure as hell bet you'd be pissed if someone in front of you picked up all remaining stock of a game for profit.[/quote]

The problem is that one of the TRU employees here said, "If someone walks up to my counter and asks for 3 copies of GTA San Andreas and nothing else, i'll tell ya to get lost without hesitation." He isn't just a member of an online community; he's a store clerk, and he should act with some modicum of professionalism when dealing with customers. So long as they adhere to the terms of the three-for-two deal, it's absolutely none of this employee's business what games they're buying or what their intentions are.

If some TRU clerk gave me an attitude for no other reason than that I wanted to buy three copies of the same game for the price of two, he could be certain that I would report him.

buying 3 games and selling 2 isnt as bad as people hogging all the CC 5 buck games back in July. some people said they were walking out with 20-50 games. SOme even bragged that they cleaned out their stores. Not to mention all the People who HOGGED all the overstock 2 buck games/DVDS

I GOT A QUESTION. I asked this at the local TRU and t one person said t hey said they didnt know but the dude in the Rzone said it might happen since the games are two different weeks.

YOU MUST RETURN ALL 3 Games ON THE Buy 2 GET 1 FREE... NO single game will be accepted in the return...

this way you cant have people buying nintendo games taking them back a week later and getting Free ps2 xbox games

Can anyone confirm

ah, how quickly a sale turns into a moral quandry
Obviously tru feels they will make money on the sale regardless of what stock they sell, a game is a game. what matters is abuse of the sale itself. If you buy all the paper marios, then sell them on ebay, you certainly arent doing anything illegal, nor really anything immoral, but its still a dick move.

taken to the extreme (to remove all perspective) if you are hungry and want food, you go to the store, but lets say i get there first and buy all the food, so you go somewhere else, and each time i get there first and buy all the food. I havent done anything wrong, and the stores treats a sale as a sale. BUT you now have starved to death.

[quote name='vherub']ah, how quickly a sale turns into a moral quandry
Obviously tru feels they will make money on the sale regardless of what stock they sell, a game is a game. what matters is abuse of the sale itself. If you buy all the paper marios, then sell them on ebay, you certainly arent doing anything illegal, nor really anything immoral, but its still a dick move.

taken to the extreme (to remove all perspective) if you are hungry and want food, you go to the store, but lets say i get there first and buy all the food, so you go somewhere else, and each time i get there first and buy all the food. I havent done anything wrong, and the stores treats a sale as a sale. BUT you now have starved to death.[/quote]

That is leaving aside the vital factor that one item is a critical necessity and the other is a luxury. Many states have laws regarding hording of vital goods, especially for profit in time of disaster. Florida, for instance, in the last two decades has become quite sensitive to such issues and with good reason.

You'd also have to consider that video games aren't subject to spoilage. Cornering the market on produce would be just throwing money into a furnace if you cannot achieve some benefit from doing so in a short time frame. While you're at it you'd best also be well stocked with strong walls and weapons since people facing starvation will quite readily attack someone who appear to be inflicting this condition for no good reason. OTOH, gamers starved of material are just likely to pursue other forms of entertainment.

Plain and simple if a TRU clerk told me to get lost or wanted to "bust my fingers" id curse him out and it would be ME calling HIS district manager to show his $7 an hour having butt who owns who! On another note, i worked in retail for years so i know what power customers have if they take it to the extreme. Basically since i never got an attitude with any of my customers, i expect to be treated the same or your gonna wish i never walked into that store.
I have asked people to pick up Cheapassdeals that i couldnt get to on this site, and someone might be doing the same in the store..worst comes to worst go to another TRU and stop crying.

[quote name='vherub']ah, how quickly a sale turns into a moral quandry

taken to the extreme (to remove all perspective) if you are hungry and want food, you go to the store, but lets say i get there first and buy all the food, so you go somewhere else, and each time i get there first and buy all the food. I havent done anything wrong, and the stores treats a sale as a sale. BUT you now have starved to death.[/quote]

Your example hinges on more than a few absurd contrivances. There are no effective barriers for someone who wants to buy a game. There will always be unused copies in circulation somewhere, and the Internet makes finding such copies nearly effortless.

And none of this affects the proposition that buying multiple copies of a game is none of the OP's business. TRU management can limit the number of copies per person. But that is not the prerogative of a mere employee.

Funny how people think buying 3 copies of one game is wrong. But taking back games and getting games that ARE NOT part of the deal Fine.

buying 3 of same game no ripping off store. Buying games just to return to get games that was never part of the Deal is ripping off the store

Here is another moral question using the food analogy:
(games = food)

Let's say that I am one fat son of a bitch. I love food ... more specifically I love trying all kinds of foods. I go to the store and buy up one of most of the types of foods. For some types I buy a couple to give as sustenance to family and friends on special occasions. Because of this I take an enormous chunk out of the inventory of the store.

But I never resell the food. Due to limits of the size of my stomach, however, I may only take a few bites out of some of the food I buy. My utility of much of the food I buy is probably a lot less than other people would get out of the same pieces of food.

Does this make me an immoral person? A lot of the people in my town are probably a bit skinnier because of me. Is this gluttony wrong?

I love this deal and look forward to it each year. My Bithday is next week and I always get a check from Grandma for $100 bucks.

Let's stop polluting this topic with morality shit. It's annoying as hell scrolling through the posts of people being total pricks about buying the whole stock of a single game.

-The childish bickering stops HERE.-

[quote name='slidecage']I GOT A QUESTION. I asked this at the local TRU and t one person said t hey said they didnt know but the dude in the Rzone said it might happen since the games are two different weeks.

YOU MUST RETURN ALL 3 Games ON THE Buy 2 GET 1 FREE... NO single game will be accepted in the return...

this way you cant have people buying nintendo games taking them back a week later and getting Free ps2 xbox games

Can anyone confirm[/quote]

I can't confirm, but it sounds like a damn good idea. Most stores require items in "Buy X / Get X Free" or "Free Gift" sales to be returned together, and this would seriously screw over the people who decide to buy crappy games in hopes of exchanging later. TRU can sell copies of the GTA games or Paper Mario much easier than they can Catwoman or Aquaman.

Confirmation would be nice...any TRU employees here that know? :)

[quote name='slagcoin']Here is another moral question using the food analogy:
(games = food)

Let's say that I am one fat son of a bitch. I love food ... more specifically I love trying all kinds of foods. I go to the store and buy up one of most of the types of foods. For some types I buy a couple to give as sustenance to family and friends on special occasions. Because of this I take an enormous chunk out of the inventory of the store.

But I never resell the food. Due to limits of the size of my stomach, however, I may only take a few bites out of some of the food I buy. My utility of much of the food I buy is probably a lot less than other people would get out of the same pieces of food.

Does this make me an immoral person? A lot of the people in my town are probably a bit skinnier because of me. Is this gluttony wrong?[/quote]

sheesh this thread got off on a tangent didnt it?

on topic, anyone have a suggestion for a good gba game to make this deal work? so far i am getting aria of sorrow and river city ransom. need a good third game.

People, it's a sale. In life, people are bound to miss out on sales. This is where the saying "the early bird gets the worm," rings true.

You missed out on getting some gameon sale, big deal. There are much worse things that could have happened to you. Look at the mass genocide going on over in africa. You should be thankful for the stuff you do have rather than arguing over fudging videogames.

THe person who was complaining about me buying 3 Copies of GTA:SA doesnt know what the hell he is talking about. Your argument hinges on other gamers not being able to purchase GTA:SA because of my actions.

Let me clarify, the games WILL be available for circulation not more then an hour after I get them, at Gamestop. Thats assuming I even get the games, since as some have said LOTS of preorders on it.

Its not that big a deal since trying to save $10-$20 on a game sale is a hell of alot better then buying 20+ copies on sale at CC.

Does anyone know if you can do multiple buy 2 get 1 free's since there are quite a few games available around that time.

Don't feel like scrolling through 2 gazillion posts most of which are flames.

The ps2 sale starts the 24th right? That's what it says in the first post but I don't know if it's been retracted, also are all games included?

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='slagcoin']Here is another moral question using the food analogy:
(games = food)

Does this make me an immoral person? A lot of the people in my town are probably a bit skinnier because of me. Is this gluttony wrong?[/quote]

on topic, anyone have a suggestion for a good gba game to make this deal work? so far i am getting aria of sorrow and river city ransom. need a good third game.[/quote]

Fire Emblem or CIMA: The Enemy.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='slidecage']I GOT A QUESTION. I asked this at the local TRU and t one person said t hey said they didnt know but the dude in the Rzone said it might happen since the games are two different weeks.

I can't confirm, but it sounds like a damn good idea. Most stores require items in "Buy X / Get X Free" or "Free Gift" sales to be returned together, and this would seriously screw over the people who decide to buy crappy games in hopes of exchanging later. TRU can sell copies of the GTA games or Paper Mario much easier than they can Catwoman or Aquaman.

Confirmation would be nice...any TRU employees here that know? :)[/quote]

On a sale like this, you cannot bring back just one game. You have to bring back all games.

And yes, I work at TRU.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='tubtub']SkinAkuma, I have the 10/17 ad and there is no mention of Buy 2 get 1 free for GC or GBA. I posted the highlights from the ad last night. Now it's not the final ad copy so things can change, but I really don't think that it's happening that week, but I could be wrong. Also, this would be the first time GBA games are included in the Buy 2 get 1 free as they have never been included before. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.[/quote]

Thanks tubtub. I was waiting for you to post smth in here. Please keep us up to date.

2 threads 2 many ![/quote]

Thanks tubtub, I was wondering if you had posted. Well here's hoping that it does happen [-o

[quote name='Death2Sanity'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='slidecage']I GOT A QUESTION. I asked this at the local TRU and t one person said t hey said they didnt know but the dude in the Rzone said it might happen since the games are two different weeks.

On a sale like this, you cannot bring back just one game. You have to bring back all games.

And yes, I work at TRU.[/quote]

If you get gift receipts you can.

Was wondering when the next TRU 2 for 1 deal was coming. They have 2 a year. One in the spring and one in the fall. Knew it was coming soon, thanks for the heads up ^_^.

Every one for the past 2 years I've been doing. I'll put off buying the 2 games I was going to get this week and wait until this comes around. MK: Deception, Burnout 3...and pick up another game when the time comes. You always have to pya for the most expensive games, so its best to jsut get 3 that are 50 bones each instead of trying to find the cheaper ones to try and pay for first. You can't return a game on the sale, you can exchange it so just hit up multiple TRU's if you must.

TRU online (at amazon) does the deal as well, but unfortunately they'll limit it to specific titles (and you can be assured that at least one you want won't be included...it's been like that each time so far for me :p).

[quote name='narclepto99'][quote name='Death2Sanity'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='slidecage']I GOT A QUESTION. I asked this at the local TRU and t one person said t hey said they didnt know but the dude in the Rzone said it might happen since the games are two different weeks.

If you get gift receipts you can.[/quote]

i heard TRU is changing it this year you got to return all 3 Or none

so this counts for EVERY game for that particular week no matter what? or does it take out stuff like ddr and the pad and donkey konga with the drums? (games w/ accessories)

[quote name='nachzeher'][quote name='dracula'][quote name='slagcoin']Here is another moral question using the food analogy:
(games = food)

on topic, anyone have a suggestion for a good gba game to make this deal work? so far i am getting aria of sorrow and river city ransom. need a good third game.[/quote]

Fire Emblem or CIMA: The Enemy.[/quote]

i already have fire emblem, but ciima is a possibility, i just want to get something good that will most likely never drop in price.

is it just me or is this really only a great deal on gba games? i am pretty sure all the ps2, gc and xbx games will drop a lot within a year or 2 but the gba games prices seem to stay high, tho that could change and they all get clearanced out to make shelf space for the ds and psp

[quote name='WhoopieCushion']so this counts for EVERY game for that particular week no matter what? or does it take out stuff like ddr and the pad and donkey konga with the drums? (games w/ accessories)[/quote]

It should count for every single game that Toys'R'Us has in stock, including ones bundled with accessories. That is, presuming that the sale actually happens as planned.

[quote name='Magician'][quote name='WhoopieCushion']so this counts for EVERY game for that particular week no matter what? or does it take out stuff like ddr and the pad and donkey konga with the drums? (games w/ accessories)[/quote]

It should count for every single game that Toys'R'Us has in stock, including ones bundled with accessories. That is, presuming that the sale actually happens as planned.[/quote]

It should work if it's the same as previous sales. I picked up DDR2 Max last time.

[quote name='narclepto99']People, it's a sale. In life, people are bound to miss out on sales. This is where the saying "the early bird gets the worm," rings true.

You missed out on getting some gameon sale, big deal. There are much worse things that could have happened to you. Look at the mass genocide going on over in africa. You should be thankful for the stuff you do have rather than arguing over fudging videogames.[/quote]

narc, this is the internet message board and people will argue anything on here, that is just how it is. i really dont care if i miss out on a sale, bc there will be another sale that i wont miss out on. i missed the overstock $2 game sale and was miffed about 2 seconds. it just isnt worth the stress.

ok i figured it out
GC: THUG2, SPIDERMAN 2, WWE:DOR
PS2: DDRMAX, DDREXTREME, MIDWAY:AT2

ill save about 70 or 80 bucks which aint bad, i only pray they have the games I want, ill be the first person there when the store opens, it opens at ten on saturdays right?

[quote name='dracula']

i already have fire emblem, but ciima is a possibility, i just want to get something good that will most likely never drop in price.

is it just me or is this really only a great deal on gba games? i am pretty sure all the ps2, gc and xbx games will drop a lot within a year or 2 but the gba games prices seem to stay high, tho that could change and they all get clearanced out to make shelf space for the ds and psp[/quote]

I'm planning on Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and Growlanser Generations. With RPGs, it tends to be somewhat of a gut shot as to whether or not they'll drop in price. On one hand, you have games like Xenosaga and Arc the Lad, which you could easily pick up for around $10-12. And then you have titles like Disgaea and Suikoden III, which are hard to find for retail price, even after reprints. Recently I passed on Star Ocean and Phantom Brave, in hopes of scoring them cheap early next year. I would say there's a better chance of getting SMT:N cheap than Phantom Brave, but I'm a little burnt out on SRPGs.
I really want Paper Mario 2, but that's the only GC game I can think of, and if this no mix-and-match thing is true, I won't be getting it. Maybe there's someone who wants 2 GC games and one PS2/Xbox game, and we can work out a trade...

Think my cube list so far is

007 EON
Lord of the Rings Return of the King
Viewtiful Joe

I want Midway Arcade Treasures 2 as well, but I am trying to decide what other games to get with it.

Hey MSDMoney, I think it's Target that's running the special sale on 007 EON GC. In any case, wherever it is (and I do think it's Target), it's really cheap for the GC. Maybe $16? Just thought you'd like to know.

[quote name='dracula']

is it just me or is this really only a great deal on gba games? i am pretty sure all the ps2, gc and xbx games will drop a lot within a year or 2 but the gba games prices seem to stay high, tho that could change and they all get clearanced out to make shelf space for the ds and psp[/quote]

Well, drac, Mega Man Zero 3 just came out this past week and is on sale $24.99 at BB, only $19.99 with the GGC. If your not planning on picking it up now, it would be a great game for the TRU deal. The previous two MMZ games got decent-sized print runs but are now getting harder to find brand-new, especially the first one.

Also, if, for whatever reason, you don't have Final Fantasy Tactics Advance or Sword of Mana yet, and your local TRU still has it at sale time, I highly recommend either one. Square GBA games seldomly drop in price.

By the way, I was really hoping some of you would get the idea I was joking before. Sheesh, way to take things way too seriously.

But I still think it's unfair for someone to buy 3 copies of GTA San Andreas and nothing else. If it was up to me I certainly would limit it in that case.

Also, a lil' FYI:

Someone had asked me what game is the one you get free. Well, the cheapest game you get is the free one. If you go pick up 2 greatest hits for $20 and then say pick up Burnout 3 for $50, Burnout 3 won't be the free game; one of the $20 games will. It'd be nice if things worked that way, but it doesn't.

And yeah, this'll happen at all US TRU.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Also, a lil' FYI:

Someone had asked me what game is the one you get free. Well, the cheapest game you get is the free one. If you go pick up 2 greatest hits for $20 and then say pick up Burnout 3 for $50, Burnout 3 won't be the free game; one of the $20 games will. It'd be nice if things worked that way, but it doesn't.

And yeah, this'll happen at all US TRU.[/quote]

I thought that was common sense.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='ShinAkuma']Also, a lil' FYI:

I thought that was common sense.[/quote]

Someone seriously PM'd me asking that question.

[quote name='dfgfdgnfhn']Your example hinges on more than a few absurd contrivances. There are no effective barriers for someone who wants to buy a game. There will always be unused copies in circulation somewhere, and the Internet makes finding such copies nearly effortless.

And none of this affects the proposition that buying multiple copies of a game is none of the OP's business. TRU management can limit the number of copies per person. But that is not the prerogative of a mere employee.[/quote]

whenever anything is "taken to the extreme" it is usually a sign that the fire and brimstone acomin' will be light on perspective.
I dont think there is anything wrong morally or legally with someone buying whatever they want solely for the intention of reselling for personal profit. This happens all the time, and transactions at places such as stocks/exchanges are built around just such a principle.

The reason this particular resale becomes a dick move is partly because these boards are a community. And the information presented on this board is a resource shared by all. Maybe you would have found out about the sale through another site, maybe you would have stumbled into the store the day of. In any case, you are taking a product away from a fellow gamer, with the intent to then resell to that gamer at a higher price than they might have otherwise paid. True, that gamer feels he is getting the game at a good price since the transaction is voluntary and you have not taken anything away in buying the games. Again, this is not immoral or illegal, but simply a dick move. And the litmus test for any dick move is answering the question: would you want this to happen to yourself?

Example: Harry Cheapass has been monitoring the progress of the upcoming TRU sale, he has even made some phone calls to local TRU stores to ask questions and has posted the responses for the benefit of all. The day of the sale, he calls up TRU to see if his games are in stock, and again lets the board know. He then travels the 30 minutes to the store to arrive as it opens. However, he ends up being delayed 15 minutes as he helps an older woman load groceries into her car. Once this task is completed, he enters the store only to find that all of the games he had wanted to buy were just purchased by Larry Freeloader. Harry knows Larry will just put them up on ebay and wonders if it is worth his time just to pay Larry an extra $10 now for each game (still a good deal, but not as good).

Let's see Larry's side of the story...

Larry Freeloader has been monitoring all the board action on the upcoming TRU sale. He has gleefully cackled aloud upon reading each post (except those dealing with anything remotely related to morality which Larry finds immensely displeasing as well as cluttersome). Larry makes no posts during the sale, nor shares whatever extra information he himself might have acquired. The day of the sale finally arrives. Luckily Larry lives a block away from the TRU. He knows how much each game will get him on ebay and with this knowledge, enters the store as it opens. As he is about to, he notices from the corner of his eye an elderly woman appearing hesitant as she is poised to cross a busy intersection (one of the most dangerous in the county). But Larry pays no mind and once inside TRU, heads directly to the gaming section. He then scoops up as many games as he can, perhaps picking up a copy of Leisure Suit Larry, "for a friend." Finally satisfied with his haul, Larry proceeds to the checkout his mind already calculating the paypal riches that await. On his way out he notices a distraught gamer looking behind each springloaded carry rack to find that one game so looking forward to playing and wonders if maybe he can make a quick profit without even having to pay ebay a percent.

dick move.

[quote name='slidecage'][quote name='narclepto99'][quote name='Death2Sanity'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='slidecage']I GOT A QUESTION. I asked this at the local TRU and t one person said t hey said they didnt know but the dude in the Rzone said it might happen since the games are two different weeks.

If you get gift receipts you can.[/quote]

i heard TRU is changing it this year you got to return all 3 Or none[/quote]

This is bad... i was hoping to do all my christmas shopping on the TRU sale. But since now we cant return individual items... what would happen if one of the people i gave a game to wants to return it? Do i have to get the 2 other games back from the people i gave them to already just so this one person can be happy? That policy is a little bit ludicrous in my opinion

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='ShinAkuma']Also, a lil' FYI:

I thought that was common sense.[/quote]

Common sense isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back