TRU Buy 3 Get one One free on all Video Games Dec16-22 Extended through Dec 24!

MujuroUtsutsu

CAG Veteran
Just to give a heads up Toys R Us is having a buy 3 get the 4th free on all video games starting the 16th. Not as good as the buy 2 get 1 deal but with all the blockbuster titles that came out this year its still a decent bargain.

TRU

To me it makes the most sense to buy three full price games and take the "virtual 33% off" there but even then, there would have to be four games out that i really wanted right now across all the systems.

Thanks OP. Maybe I'll use it to get the few Wii games I was holding out for but I dunno.

That sucks.

I just bought Galaxy and RRR2 there... sigh.

Wonder if theyll let me return them so I can rebuy them, buy two more games and get one free..

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']That sucks.

Wonder if theyll let me return them so I can rebuy them, buy two more games and get one free..[/quote]

as a general rule of thumb, you can never return opened software

boo

couldn't even find 3 worthy games during b2g1, now its b3g1?!

thanks op, but shame on tru for trying to pull off crap like this

B2G1 for $60 games, each game is $40.
B3G1 for $60 games, each game is $45.

B2G1 for $50 games, each game is $33.
B3G1 for $60 games, each game is $37.50.

B2G1 for $40 games, each game is $26.67.
B3G1 for $40 games, each game is $30.

B2G1 for $20 games, each game is $13.33.
B3G1 for $20 games, each game is $15.

There's the math for people to compare.

B2G1 for $10 games, Each game is $6.67
B3G1 for $10 games, Each game is $7.75

Tokobot Plus (PS2)
Lunar Knight (DS)
FFXII (PS2)

Possible Free PSP games :)

Wonder if theyll let me return them so I can rebuy them, buy two more games and get one free..[/quote]
Just buy them again during the new sale and return the unopened copies with your previous receipt. I'm pretty sure that's legit.

Could just buy two more games with the 50% discount off one and get them for the same price as the b3g1 sale.

Damn that kinda sucks, $169.97 + tax for Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Mario & Sonic At The Olympics, and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles.

[quote name='mychen']uh...is it possible to buy a mix...say 2 $50 games and 1 $60 and get the 4th $60 for free?[/QUOTE]
no, the cheapest one is free.

Dammit....I bought 3 games there today! I went through so much hassle to get the paypal discount to work too....

[quote name='shrike4242']B2G1 for $60 games, each game is $40.

There's the math for people to compare.[/quote]

Thanks for going the extra mile, it's appreciated. I thought to do this too as soon as I saw the thread title.

[quote name='62t']no, the cheapest one is free.[/quote]

In these kinds of deals, has the cheapest one ever not been the free one?

[quote name='zephie']

In these kinds of deals, has the cheapest one ever not been the free one?[/quote]

Well, a while back at Circuit City, on their B2G1F, they had it where the game that was rung up third was free, even if it was the most expensive of the three. But that was a glitch (even though it was nationwide and it lasted for like a week+!) so I suppose that doesn't really count.

Not bad but after the 2/1 deals I think I can wait for the rest, i've already spent too much and this isn't worth going crazy over.

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']Well, a while back at Circuit City, on their B2G1F, they had it where the game that was rung up third was free, even if it was the most expensive of the three. But that was a glitch (even though it was nationwide and it lasted for like a week+!) so I suppose that doesn't really count.[/quote]
Gotta love them CC glitches. The upside of the inept staff there is that it takes them some time to catch on.

[quote name='sdp']Not bad but after the 2/1 deals I think I can wait for the rest, i've already spent too much and this isn't worth going crazy over.[/quote]
I think I just heard my wallet say amen.

[quote name='zephie']Gotta love them CC glitches. The upside of the inept staff there is that it takes them some time to catch on.[/quote]

hah, yeah, very true. that's how i scored my $24 certificate for about 40 mins of waiting on my online order of the 4gb ms pro duo - i failed coz they couldn't find them for some reason...

Thanks OP. This deal, though not great, wil be good for me. All the games my THREE nephews want will be out by then. I buy them a game each for Christmas, I get myself a free goodie. We all win.

[quote name='Foo228']
thanks op, but shame on tru for trying to pull off crap like this[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's a pretty good sale the week before Christmas. Hardly crap.

Man, I might as well just use "Buy-it-now" from gamefly for 4 games..... it comes out to about the same price per game and I wouldn't be forced to buy 4 games

[quote name='shrike4242']....
B2G1 for $60 games, each game is $40.

...[/quote]

Anyone else catch that? :p This is still a pretty good deal, when its all said and done, but I honestly just dont have 4 games i *need* to have... I bought most of the blockbuster titles i wanted, and the few i havnt, TRU wont carry.

Thanks though OP, appreciated :)

And thanks for the math up here too Shrike, saves me the hassle of busting out the calculator, lol.

[quote name='seanw']Dude, it's a pretty good sale the week before Christmas. Hardly crap.[/quote]

I agree. I never realized giving away a free game should be considered "crap". Lol..

how much money does TRU get for every 50 dollar game that is sold... cause i can't believe they keep running these kinds of promotions

[quote name='smoger']as a general rule of thumb, you can never return opened software[/QUOTE]

well he could buy the same two games again, plus 2 more and then return the 2 new copies of the ones he already has with the OLD receipt, thus accomplishing what he wanted to do anyway

[quote name='zephie']Thanks for going the extra mile, it's appreciated. I thought to do this too as soon as I saw the thread title.

In these kinds of deals, has the cheapest one ever not been the free one?[/quote]Glad to help. I thought it would make more sense for people to understand what they're getting at the cost per game. It's not as good of a deal per game between the B2G1 and B3G1 pricing, though a decent deal as long as you buy it correctly.

TRU always knocks down the cheapest game to be free, no matter what, so if you do 3 $60 and one $50, the $50 is cheapest. Best way to maximize the discount is to buy all the games as the same pricepoint.

You should be able to just bring your receipt(s) for those purchases and return/repurchase your 2 old games along with the 2 new ones you want. That is if the person at guest service is smart enough to understand the concept.

[quote name='shrike4242']B2G1 for $60 games, each game is $40.

There's the math for people to compare.[/quote]

TAX not included above. Calculations for the tax charged for the two games actually payed for are below. An average value of 8 cents to the dollar is used. If you also consider transportation fees, etc. compared to Amazon... Anyways, just the tax:

B2G1 for $60 games, each game is $43.20.
B3G1 for $60 games, each game is $48.60.

B2G1 for $50 games, each game is $36.
B3G1 for $50 games, each game is $40.50.

B2G1 for $40 games, each game is $28.80.
B3G1 for $40 games, each game is $32.40.

B2G1 for $20 games, each game is $14.40.
B3G1 for $20 games, each game is $16.20.

[quote name='yowoe']TAX not included above. Calculations for the tax charged for the two games actually payed for are below. An average value of 8 cents to the dollar is used. If you also consider transportation fees, etc. compared to Amazon... Anyways, just the tax:

B2G1 for $60 games, each game is $43.20.
B3G1 for $60 games, each game is $48.60.

B2G1 for $50 games, each game is $36.
B3G1 for $50 games, each game is $40.50.

B2G1 for $40 games, each game is $28.80.
B3G1 for $40 games, each game is $32.40.

B2G1 for $20 games, each game is $14.40.
B3G1 for $20 games, each game is $16.20.[/quote]Not everyone has tax in their state, and not everyone has an 8% tax to pay.

The prices above were rough prices, and the prices that everyone uses for comparisons, anyway. :roll:

interesting, I believe their no receipt policy is that they discount anything via sale prices for the last 30 days. So if you get any games for Christmas that you wish to return there and you dont have a receipt, because you dont wanna make Grandma cry this holiday season, they will all be discounted 25%

the gift cards from TRU are really piling up for me. Not a great deal but Ok if it stacks with other coupons and they actually have good games in stock.

Wonder if theyll let me return them so I can rebuy them, buy two more games and get one free..[/QUOTE]

Why would you want to do that? You'd come out EXACTLY THE SAME as if you just go out and buy the two additional games full price.

pass, they screwed up my B2G1 deal by cancelling one of my games cuz they couldn't get enough in which makes no sense. for anyone who's gonna take up on this deal, let us know if they do the same cancellation thing for this deal.

This is easy to do as long as you have your receipt for Galaxy & RRR2. Buy those two titles again plus two additional titles. Then use your former receipt to return the two (sealed) duplicates.

[quote name='daminion']This is easy to do as long as you have your receipt for Galaxy & RRR2. Buy those two titles again plus two additional titles. Then use your former receipt to return the two (sealed) duplicates.[/QUOTE]

But again, WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!?!

You can have THE EXACT SAME RESULT by just leaving your current copies at home, going to the store, and buying two new games full price.

I do not understand why you'd go through all this hassle to end up with EXACTLY THE SAME DEAL (or worse, if you weren't going to buy those other full price games otherwise).

Wolfpup....

If you buy 3x $50 games you are out $150 and get on $50 free.

If you buy two games you spend $100 for $100 in games?

He could buy the two previously bought $100 (return later with original receipts -$100) and then buy a third game $50 and get a fourth game free $50 all for $50 out of pocket.

I am not understanding where you are coming from UNLESS you are referring the the SMG gift card issue or something.

I got two other people in on the Wii version of Guitar Hero III with the B2G1 last last week. I'm gonna see if I can get three other people in on Rockband. They don't all have to be one system do they?

[quote name='ZForce']I couldn't find a single thing I wanted when they had B2G1, so I'm not even going to bother with this one.[/QUOTE]

Well the all systems buy 2 get 1 was a month or more ago. A few weeks ago it was only Wii games... so I imagine some of the heavy hitters are on your want list, cross some of the systems?

bread's done
Back