TRU Buy 3 Get one One free on all Video Games Dec16-22 Extended through Dec 24!

MujuroUtsutsu

CAG Veteran
Just to give a heads up Toys R Us is having a buy 3 get the 4th free on all video games starting the 16th. Not as good as the buy 2 get 1 deal but with all the blockbuster titles that came out this year its still a decent bargain.

TRU

[quote name='Chris in Cali']You say $5 more per game, I say $60 more out of my wallet. Maybe I'm just too broke this late in the holiday season, I'd be able justify $120, but not $180.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, I get what you mean. I was just saying that this wasn't too much different than the B2G1F sale.:)

[quote name='qwikstreet']Does this count for games in the bargain bin?[/quote]It's anything at all, games of any prices.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']You say $5 more per game, I say $60 more out of my wallet. Maybe I'm just too broke this late in the holiday season, I'd be able justify $120, but not $180.[/quote]If you think getting an additional game to get the free one isn't worth it, then save your money for another time.

It's been hard for me to justify three games at the B2G1 sale the last couple of times, as I won't buy mixed-price games, so I'm going to pass on this one.

I need a suggestion

Want to get

Naruto (360) AC6 (360) UT3 (PS3) what should I get as a 4th game?

Im intrested in 360 or PS3 games, but already have COD4 Uncharted R&C and all that good stuff. Have Orange box on PC and Bioshock on PC.

[quote name='wowzors']I need a suggestion

Want to get

[/quote]

FolkLore is the only true answer.

Anybody knows if i use a 15% off coupon on top, will the 15% discount apply to the 1st game being scan, or the 3rd one? Assuming all the 4 games i get are of equal value.

Bahh I was hoping for a B2G1 before Christmas time. No way I can find 4 descent 360 games to get.

Thanks though OP for the heads up.

[quote name='goengland']Anybody knows if i use a 15% off coupon on top, will the 15% discount apply to the 1st game being scan, or the 3rd one? Assuming all the 4 games i get are of equal value.[/quote]

It's usually the first one, but I think you can just ask the cashier to use it on any one you want.

UTIII, Orange Box (PS3), Virtua Fighter 5 (360), and something else...

Part of that requires Toys 'R Us getting new release games the week they come out though.

If I buy 4 today, can I take the reciept back on Sunday and get a price adjustment. I don't see why not since I'll take store credit which just means more money spent in there store. Just need clarification.

How long do you get to adjust prices? I was give an HD-DVD player for 360 yesterday with receipt of 179.99 purchased on Dec 1. It's now 129.99 in the store.

[quote name='qwikstreet']If I buy 4 today, can I take the reciept back on Sunday and get a price adjustment. I don't see why not since I'll take store credit which just means more money spent in there store. Just need clarification.[/QUOTE]

All you have to do is take them to customer service return and rebuy them. I wouln't open any of the games before the return transaction just to be safe and if yu bring the games with you the transaction will probably be much easier.

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']How long do you get to adjust prices? I was give an HD-DVD player for 360 yesterday with receipt of 179.99 purchased on Dec 1. It's now 129.99 in the store.[/QUOTE]

Typically 30 days so RUN to the store now. Just hope TRU had made the price adjustment,

[quote name='wowzors']I need a suggestion

Want to get

Im intrested in 360 or PS3 games, but already have COD4 Uncharted R&C and all that good stuff. Have Orange box on PC and Bioshock on PC.[/QUOTE]

Assasin's Creed?

[quote name='VerbalKint']so are the days of b2g1 done? or is this just a bonus promotion?[/QUOTE]

TRU has already had three B2G1 sales within the past few months, one of which was Wii specific... so no, I think they'll be around for quite some time to come ;)

We give price adjustments within 14 days. BUT, that does not stop you from returning the merchandise and rebuying it, thus getting the sale price. Most CS people will do this because its not that much of a hassle and no point in arguing that you cant.

[quote name='joserjerr']Assasin's Creed?[/quote]Concur. Don't listen to the reviews. Assassin's Creed is a great game and if you can get it for free even better!

There's no way that TRU is going to be able to correctly code this promo into their POS system without some sort of glitch.. here's to hoping to buying three $19 games, and getting Rock Band or some other 360 game for free :)

I'd say otherwise though.. if you're going to buy all of the holiday season releases at once, this makes it a heck of a lot easier to do so.

[quote name='y2julio']Concur. Don't listen to the reviews. Assassin's Creed is a great game and if you can get it for free even better![/QUOTE]

Err...Assassin's Creed got good reviews :)

[quote name='Skylander7']There's no way that TRU is going to be able to correctly code this promo into their POS system without some sort of glitch..
[/QUOTE]

Why not? Their buy 2 get 1 free deals have worked perfectly for me, to the point that it's smart enough to take off the correct games as free even if you buy like three $40 games and 3 $20 games.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Err...Assassin's Creed got good reviews :)
[/quote]Most sites I've been to have been putting it down.

[quote name='davo1224']I thought the 15% off ended at the beginning of this month?

Do you get a physical coupon or is it another online deal?[/quote]

yeah, anyone have any info on this? where is the 15% off info at?

Since the B3G1 free is online, and the paypal 20% off is back, is it possible to stack them?

3 x $60 = $180
20% off = $36
Tax + Shipping = Around $10

So, around $38.50 per game if this were to work.

[quote name='R0wdi']Since the B3G1 free is online, and the paypal 20% off is back, is it possible to stack them?

3 x $60 = $180
20% off = $36
Tax + Shipping = Around $10

So, around $38.50 per game if this were to work.[/quote]

Is it working again? I checked the Paypal Holiday site- all it says for ToysRus is free shipping on select toys on over $50 purchases.

I read somewhere in the paypal thread that it was, but I guess it might not be. I'll try to call and find out soon.

[quote name='mychen']uh...is it possible to buy a mix...say 2 $50 games and 1 $60 and get the 4th $60 for free?[/quote]

the lowest priced game is the free game

Anybody knows if i use a 15% off coupon on top, will the 15% discount apply to the 1st game being scan, or the 3rd one? Assuming all the 4 games i get are of equal value:roll:

Ehh, I'm gonna pass on this one and wait for somewhere to have b2g1. There are 5 games that I wouldn't mind having right now... so here's to hoping.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Quick question:

Is this B3G1F valid on all games in-store? I see that online, it says on selected items.

I'm just making sure before I go tomorrow.[/quote]Just pulled up the weekly ad on their web site, and it does say ALL games in-store. Guess I'm making a trip,since I can't find what I'm looking for as part of the on-line list.

Wait.......you guys and girls are still buying full price new release games? How unCAGlike.

As for me, I don't think my local stores have enough clearance games left on the shelves for me to even TRY this deal. But, it never hurts to try, I suppose.

lol I printed out that 20% off coupon then I realized it was for one single item >_<

Too bad that will only save me $4 at the most for the games I'm buying.

There is also a 50% off select accessories if you guys didn't know. The new colored 360 controllers are part of the deal, so you could get them for $25.

[quote name='zephie']In these kinds of deals, has the cheapest one ever not been the free one?[/QUOTE]

Yes, actually -- there was a CC B1G1 glitch 2 years or so ago that applied the discount to every other item in the order they were rung up.

[quote name='freshzen']lol I printed out that 20% off coupon then I realized it was for one single item >_<

Too bad that will only save me $4 at the most for the games I'm buying.[/quote]

Is it another 20% off coupon around? Or u are referring to the Baby' rus 15% off one? Also does the discount apply to the 1st game being scanned in your recipt?

I had 4 games all set to hit order on. I decided not to since I've got so many unplayed games sitting on my shelf as it is.

I had in my cart.
Assassin's Creed (360)
Need for Speed: Pro Street (360)
Heavenly Sword (PS3)
Uncharted (PS3)

[quote name='JTHuffy']has anyone ever tried buying 4 games with this deal, then taking the 3 you paid for back and keep the free one?[/quote]

LOL

Newbie Fraud Alert.

[quote name='R0wdi']There is also a 50% off select accessories if you guys didn't know. The new colored 360 controllers are part of the deal, so you could get them for $25.[/QUOTE]
you forgot to mention that you have to buy an Xbox 360 in order to get the discount

bread's done
Back