TRU DJ Hero 2 Bundles for $25 dollars YMMV?

Qweets

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I was just at TRU today and they had DJ hero 2 bundles for PS3 Wii and 360 and it said they were 50% off and listed them as 29.99 but they ring up for 25 bucks because they base the 50% off of the original 50 dollar price tag they have up.. May be YMMV but they had them in stock here in Chico, CA.

Must not be ymmv, if its in a state way far from here it must be all over, they are clearing them out.. Good deal for only 25 bucks IMO

I posted in the Amazon thread - the Sheridan/Niagara Falls Blvd store in Amherst/Buffalo NY has them too for that price, the 'game guys' seem to be keeping the xbox360 version of this deal in the back (for them to buy/flip), and it sounds like these will be going fro $19.99 on 4/24. That said get them now for $25 if you can IMO, stuff like that tends to go and/or get hoarded by employees, flippers, morning of if not sooner. It was *very* suspect when there were 5 in the back, and while they brought one out for me I got *no* impression they were bringing them out to display.

[quote name='scottman']I thought I read in another thread these will be $20 in next week's TRU ad.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? That's my magic price point if true.

Ill check my local tru in holbrook, long island for my fellow cags. In a hour during my lunch break.... Ill post update when I get back

I can confirm exactly what op said.. 4 ps3 4xbox 4 wii's on shelf for the holbrook long island store. Ill just save receipt and get price adjusted if it drops anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Valid in northern Virginia as well. Picked up one copy for PS3; will return/rebuy on Sunday if the price drops another $5. Thanks OP!

Picked one up in Iselin, NJ today and will wait for the price drop. Also rep, said it combines with the B1G1 40% off deal but there was nothing else there worth buying.

I just picked one up in Austin, Texas. The TRU guy said that if the price changes in the next 7 days, they will adjust it. "Just bring the receipt."

[quote name='scottman']I thought I read in another thread these will be $20 in next week's TRU ad.[/QUOTE]

It's not next week. The sale price will drop further on the 24th.

[quote name='prim4444']It's not next week. The sale price will drop further on the 24th.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the heads up. just 2 left at my local store so i had to pick one up 2nite (ps3). dont sleep on this deal, cags. they'll be long gone as soon as employees figure out it is $25 rather than $30.

[quote name='alexbhp']I just picked one up in Austin, Texas. The TRU guy said that if the price changes in the next 7 days, they will adjust it. "Just bring the receipt."[/QUOTE]

you have a lot longer then 7 days to get your price adjusted on your dj hero 2 . here is a section of tru return policy below. i bought two ... one for me and one as a gift for a couple months down the road. you can wait till the last day of return policy and get your price adjustment for whatever the price is that day, or you can wait till you think they have the best deal within that period and go in to get the price adjusted. i have done this several times with other purchases i have made.

Policy:

We will accept returns of the following items within 45 days from the date of purchase: video games, accessories, and systems; computer software; VHS cassettes; DVDs; music; electronics; radio-control items; trading cards; collectibles; consumer electronics; monitors and breastpumps. The original in-store receipt or online packing slip is required and the item must be returned in its unopened and factory-sealed package. If the item has been opened, we will not be able to process the return

[quote name='PublikDefender']dont sleep on this deal, cags. they'll be long gone as soon as employees figure out it is $25 rather than $30.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt a $5 drop is going to push someone to snag these up.

If I buy one with another game to take advantage of the b1g1 40%, will they still price adjust it if the price drops in 2 weeks?

Hmmm I should pick this up... But debating... I'm planning on getting a PS3 (Hopefully) next week. But incase I don't I have my wii now... Should I just grab it on the wii or grab a ps3 version and exchange later if I don't get a PS3.

[quote name='daminion']I seriously doubt a $5 drop is going to push someone to snag these up.[/QUOTE]

you would be surprised but imo its still a good purchase at that price and its not worth not picking it up at your local tru before stock runs out, and your forced to drive to a further store and waste more money on gas. plus like many others have said just save your reciept and get the price adjusted later. its worth getting now. everyone is waiting till it gets to 19.99. better beat them to it !!! lol

Only could find 1 copy of DJ Hero 2 and it was for the Wii.. went to 2 different stores while running other errands today. And my Gamestop order vanished into thin air. I think someone's trying to tell me not to buy this game.

These are still $30+ where I live. And they only had the Wii version. Not sure if they were telling the truth or not, but they said the other versions sold out days ago. The guy kept trying to sell me the ridiculously overpriced original DJ Hero Party Pack (or whatever it's called; the one with two turntables).

Went last night, my local store had a few for each system. Grabbed 1 for the wii and PS3, also they had the Tony Hawk game with the skateboard (the newer version) for $20. Almost got that instead of the copy of DJ Hero 2 for the PS3 but they didn't have any wii versions left just one on hold behind the counter.

[quote name='CKaz']I posted in the Amazon thread - the Sheridan/Niagara Falls Blvd store in Amherst/Buffalo NY has them too for that price, the 'game guys' seem to be keeping the xbox360 version of this deal in the back (for them to buy/flip), and it sounds like these will be going fro $19.99 on 4/24. That said get them now for $25 if you can IMO, stuff like that tends to go and/or get hoarded by employees, flippers, morning of if not sooner. It was *very* suspect when there were 5 in the back, and while they brought one out for me I got *no* impression they were bringing them out to display.[/QUOTE]

Just came from there. They're all out on the sales floor.

At Iselin, NJ yesterday. was worried of being sold out........they got stacks of dj hero 2 for ps3 360 and wii....and your tony skate.....for $25 cant complain....

My TRU has 3 X360 bundles left. Picking one up in the morning.

Just checked the sales sign and the sale ends the 23rd so get them while you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Online rite now they have the dj hero 2 bundle part of a buy 1 get 1 but the shipping is high if you dont meet the 75 dollars to get free ship promo.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get the bundle yesterday for $30 and it was buy1get1free. Also had the Guitar Heros-Warriors of Rock for $50 buy1get1 free.

bread's done
Back