TRU Eletronics Bonus Deals 9/7-9/8

apathylad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I received this in my e-mail. Note that it's in-store only.

1505745-coupon1.jpg

1505746-coupon2.jpg

[quote name='irfaan.hafeez']will best buy match the xbox deal by taking off 25 from 300?[/QUOTE]

A coupon is required to get the gift card. I'm pretty sure Best Buy won't accept a TRU coupon.

[quote name='bardockkun']Too bad their used games are god awful and overpriced.[/QUOTE]

You think they're gonna end up going the Circuit City route of not knowing what the hell to do in the used games market? Circuit City had used games that were priced higher than their new games! And my local Toys R Us just throws all the used games into a bin unsorted.

Wre these all the coupons if you dont mind me asking? There were none for the VTech E-Reader or for the VTech Bugsby?

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Does anyone else think the new 360 is WAY overpriced??? Make it a $100 gift card and someone might bite on this[/QUOTE]

Not at all. It's SLIGHTLY smaller, uses less energy/power, generates less heat, is quieter, built in wifi, has more USB ports, and a 250GB HDD. I know not all of those features appeal to everyone, but overall it is much better than the older model even at the prices you can get the older models for new IMO.

Too bad the DS coupon expires shortly before the universal price drop. Otherwise, I would use it to pick up a DSi XL.

[quote name='ajh2298']Wre these all the coupons if you dont mind me asking? There were none for the VTech E-Reader or for the VTech Bugsby?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the e-mail took me to a 1 page PDF file. This was all that was pictured.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']You think they're gonna end up going the Circuit City route of not knowing what the hell to do in the used games market? Circuit City had used games that were priced higher than their new games! And my local Toys R Us just throws all the used games into a bin unsorted.[/QUOTE]
It already feels like they're going the Circuit City route with their games. Like $18 for Mirror's Edge feel's ridiculous especially when they're trying to steal Gamestop's used game thunder.

[quote name='apathylad']Yeah, the e-mail took me to a 1 page PDF file. This was all that was pictured.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, my sons 3rd b-day is at the end of the month and we are looking at picking up one or the other or both if a deal comes up.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Does anyone else think the new 360 is WAY overpriced??? Make it a $100 gift card and someone might bite on this[/QUOTE]

No you're just poor.

[quote name='bardockkun']Too bad their used games are god awful and overpriced.[/QUOTE]

IDK man, I picked up Blue Dragon for $12.89 over the weekend. Thing is, it was factory shrink wrapped with seal sticker still on it, mint condition and complete for all 3 discs. I would say that 45% of what I saw in the bin was still factory sealed. I have no problem with this! but yes, on some of the items, they did seem overpriced b/c there were supposed to be used and somewhat older titles..

I have never seen a used game at my TRU.

Might be possible to pick up the DS with the gift card then price match it once the universal drop occurs. Seems worth a shot if anyone is considering the deal - worst cast you end up with the matched price and no gift card.

[quote name='daminion']
Might be possible to pick up the DS with the gift card then price match it once the universal drop occurs. Seems worth a shot if anyone is considering the deal - worst cast you end up with the matched price and no gift card.[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your time. When you buy this, (if TRU stays true to form) the receipt will say $149 for the dsi and $20 for the gift card. When you go to PM, they'll see $149 and price mat ch you to... $149.

[quote name='token2k6']IDK man, I picked up Blue Dragon for $12.89 over the weekend. Thing is, it was factory shrink wrapped with seal sticker still on it, mint condition and complete for all 3 discs. I would say that 45% of what I saw in the bin was still factory sealed. I have no problem with this! but yes, on some of the items, they did seem overpriced b/c there were supposed to be used and somewhat older titles..[/QUOTE]

I won't say that $13 is a bad price, but nearly two years ago I picked up Blue Dragon, new, from TRU for $8.

[quote name='confoosious']Don't waste your time. When you buy this, (if TRU stays true to form) the receipt will say $149 for the dsi and $20 for the gift card. When you go to PM, they'll see $149 and price mat ch you to... $149.[/QUOTE]

This^^. Why do you think they're running this promotion?

bread's done
Back