TRU Green Tag sale on games to end 11/21/05

Not the end of green tag, just the end of green tag video games. All toys will remain on green tag and will see the normal cycle of discounts(i.e 30%, 50%, 70%, 90%).

*Inserts cliche Darth Vader "Noooooooooooooooo!!!" picture.*

Well, it's good and bad news, I guess. There are still a couple of games that I'll pick up at $9.99, but a lot of that crap is going to rot on the shelves at that price.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']so does this include Game ACCESSORIES? Like those tin Starter packs that are like $50?[/QUOTE]

Good question

or possibly those bundles with the systems?

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']so does this include Game ACCESSORIES? Like those tin Starter packs that are like $50?[/QUOTE]

My TRU has a ton of Wavebirds GT'd for $17.49 right now. If I can get those for $10 each, I'm buying the whole lot of them.

Edit: oh yeah, and the GT'd PS2 LCD screens.

[quote name='D. Monic']My TRU has a ton of Wavebirds GT'd for $17.49 right now. If I can get those for $10 each, I'm buying the whole lot of them.

Edit: oh yeah, and the GT'd PS2 LCD screens.[/QUOTE]

Okay, clue me in: which PS2 screens and which Wavebirds? I totally missed that and I need to know!!! XD

Thanks for the heads up on the price drop/raise. If only we could get some new titles added to that list too! *wishful thinking*

So what games that are green tagged are worth the $9.99? I'm sort of out of the loop since my local TRU has had a pretty crappy selection lately.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']Okay, clue me in: which PS2 screens and which Wavebirds?[/QUOTE]
The ones that have the little green tags on them. :roll:

BTW, the guy in your avatar needs a new shirt. He looks like naked too-hairy-to-ever-need-insulation guy.

I'm wondering what's currently more than $9.99 after the GT and if it's suddenly worth it after that point.

I know I'm waiting on Cold Fear for $10, though what else is GT'd and more than $10 at the moment?

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm wondering what's currently more than $9.99 after the GT and if it's suddenly worth it after that point.

I know I'm waiting on Cold Fear for $10, though what else is GT'd and more than $10 at the moment?[/QUOTE]

I'm 95% certain Cold Fear just dropped from $49.99 to $19.99 GT, so you can pick it up today for $9.99. Might want to double-check the last few pages to make sure.

EDIT: and by "the last few pages", I mean of the real TRU GT thread :)

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm wondering what's currently more than $9.99 after the GT and if it's suddenly worth it after that point.

I know I'm waiting on Cold Fear for $10, though what else is GT'd and more than $10 at the moment?[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy Tactics (GBA) is one that jumps out, although there probably aren't many people out there who wanted it who don't have it already.

Negative on the accessories. Just the games are going $9.99. Basically they are just trying to increase the visibilty and perceived value of these games. As sad as it sounds most of America either does not want to or is just to stupid to do the math for the whole green tag thing.

This sucks, I have been looking forward to 70% off and 90% off since the new sale started. Even worse that some games will be going up in price

[quote name='Kerig']I'm 95% certain Cold Fear just dropped from $49.99 to $19.99 GT, so you can pick it up today for $9.99. Might want to double-check the last few pages to make sure.[/QUOTE]
It'll drop tomorrow, according to the TRU price drop thread.

I was going to go there tomorrow to go pick up Cold Fear, though I might go tomorrow, look for what might be good, buy 'em and do price adjustments on Monday.

[quote name='jetsetmario']Negative on the accessories. Just the games are going $9.99. Basically they are just trying to increase the visibilty and perceived value of these games. As sad as it sounds most of America either does not want to or is just to stupid to do the math for the whole green tag thing.[/QUOTE]
Bummer, but I assume the hardware is still eligible for future 70% and 90% discounts, so at least we still have hope.

Timesplitters FP for Cube is currently $50 GT ($25 after discount), so $10 would be like stealing. I'll take 3 copies.

Will they ever get those goddam Final Fantasy hard drives on the GT list? I've been waiting for those to be cleared out forever.

Timesplitter Future Perfect GC
Splinter Cell Chaps Theory GC
Final Fantasy Chronicles GC
are all green tagged and currently more than 9.99 after

[quote name='Kerig']The ones that have the little green tags on them. :roll:

BTW, the guy in your avatar needs a new shirt. He looks like naked too-hairy-to-ever-need-insulation guy.[/QUOTE]

Obviously if my store actually kept with GT'd items, I wouldn't bother asking.

[quote name='Kerig']The ones that have the little green tags on them. :roll:

BTW, the guy in your avatar needs a new shirt. He looks like naked too-hairy-to-ever-need-insulation guy.[/QUOTE]

Not that it matters for the Wavebird, but my TRU has done a generally terrible job of tagging the stuff in the games dept. Of course, this benefits anyone whos willing to scout around with the main list (i.e. me).

Here's all the games that are being affected. Anything else either stayed at $9.95 or went up in price. Just, don't hoard, please.

PS2:
18 Wheeler $29.99
Ace Combat 5 $49.99
Alias $29.95
All-Star Baseball 2005 $39.99
Amplitude $29.95
Armored Core Nexus $49.99
Athens 2004 $29.99
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance $29.95
Bujingai The Forsaken City $39.99
Cold Fear $49.99
Crimson Sea 2 $49.99
Destruction Derby $39.99
.hack//Quarantine $49.99
Downhill Domination $29.99
Dragonball Z Sagas $39.99
Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires $29.99
Fatal Frame 2 $34.98 (price is YMMV)
Fifa 2004 $29.99
Firefighter FD18 $29.95
Gradius V $29.99
Guilty Gear Isuka $49.99
JetX20 $29.99
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis $29.99
King Arthur $29.99
La Purcelle Tactics $29.95
Lowrider $39.99
Madden 2004 $29.95
Mafia $29.95
Mega Man Anniversary Collection $29.99
MLB 2005 $29.95
MLB Slugfest 2005 $29.95
Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space $39.99
Monster Rancher 4 $29.95
MTV 3 Remix $29.99
NCAA Football 2004 $29.95
Resident Evil Outbreak $29.95
Risk Global Domination $29.99
Samurai Jack $39.99
Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends $29.99
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne $49.99
Showdown Legends of Wrestling $28.98 (price is YMMV)
Smashcourt Tennis II $39.99
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection $29.99
Syphon Filter TOS $29.95
Terminator 3 Redemption $39.99
Test Drive Eve of Destruction $39.99
Tiger Woods 2004 $29.95
Unleashed $49.99
Virtua Quest $39.99
Way of the Samurai 2 $39.99
World Championship Pool $39.99
Worms 3D $29.99

XB:
All-Star Baseball 2005 $39.99
Auto Modellista $39.99
Black 9 $49.99
Broken Sword $39.99
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $29.99
Cold Fear $49.99
Curse $29.99
Dead Man's Hand $29.99
Demon Stone $29.99
King Arthur $29.99
Men of Valor $29.99
MLB Slugfest 2005 $29.95
MTX Mototrax $29.95
NBA Live 2004 $29.99
Phantasy Star Online $39.99
Samurai Warriors $49.99
Silent Scope Complete $29.95
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter $39.99
Steel Battalion: Line of Contact $49.99
Test Drive Eve of Destruction $39.99
Tom Clancy's Triple pack platinum hits (R6, SC, and GR) $39.99
Wrath Unleashed $49.99
Yourself Fitness $34.99

GC:
Army Men: Air Combat $49.99
Conflict Desert Storm 2 $49.99
Custom Robo $39.99
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles $49.99
Mission Impossible Operation Surma $29.99
NCAA Football 2004 $29.95
Phantasy Star Online Plus $29.99
Time Splitters Future Perfect $49.99
Worms 3D $29.99
Zoids Battle Legends $29.99

Nintendo DS Games:
Polarium $29.99

GBA:
007 Everything or Nothing $29.99
Astroboy $29.99
Catwoman $29.99
Demikids Dark Version $29.99 (good luck)
Disney's Aladdin $29.99
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance $34.99
Fire Emblem $34.99
Looney Toons Back in Action $29.99
Mario Golf Advance $34.99
Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge $29.99
Metroid Fusion $34.99
Metroid Zero Mission $29.99
Mission Impossible $29.99
River City Ransom $29.99
Shining Soul 2 $29.99
Spirits & Spells $29.99
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $29.99
Super Puzzle Fighter II $29.99
Top Gear Rally $29.99
Yugioh Reshef of Destruction $29.99
Yugioh The Sacred Cards $29.99
Yugioh World Championship Tournament 2004 $34.99

Guess that means no Splinter Cell: CT for me. I'll stick with TS: FP, PSO, and probably FFTA (and maybe Fire Emblem) as a preemptive purchase for the GBA and DS I'll be getting later this month.

Are Custom Robo and Polarium good for $10?

[quote name='botticus']Are Custom Robo and Polarium good for $10?[/QUOTE]

How about reading the rest of the posts, particularly the post right above yours?

I have a flight early that day but I may be able to take advantage of that sale...Maybe. I dont know when TRU opens in the morning.

Ah, my bad then, write me off as the a$$hole

Custom Robo: yes
Polarium: Dunno

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I think he meant are they worth $10[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sonderiaom']Ah, my bad then, write me off as the a$$hole

Custom Robo: yes
Polarium: Dunno[/QUOTE]
No worries ;) Confusion understood, and thanks for the reco.

[quote name='botticus']Guess that means no Splinter Cell: CT for me. I'll stick with TS: FP, PSO, and probably FFTA (and maybe Fire Emblem) as a preemptive purchase for the GBA and DS I'll be getting later this month.

Are Custom Robo and Polarium good for $10?[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Splinter Cell: CT is the only game my TRU has left on Green Tag that I want.

[quote name='shrike4242']It'll drop tomorrow, according to the TRU price drop thread.

I was going to go there tomorrow to go pick up Cold Fear, though I might go tomorrow, look for what might be good, buy 'em and do price adjustments on Monday.[/QUOTE]

wouldnt that price adjustment be tuesday : )

man i want

Monster rancher 4 for 9.99 wont find them around here cause they been sold out for years

might grab

Virtua Quest

just to have it sealed for 10

i might hit them up Friday cause i probally wont be near a TRU tomorrow. then again there is only around 10 or so green tag games left worth 10

[quote name='botticus']No worries ;) Confusion understood, and thanks for the reco.[/QUOTE]

No problem for the list, just figured I might as well contribute somehow

[quote name='jetsetmario']Negative on the accessories. Just the games are going $9.99. Basically they are just trying to increase the visibilty and perceived value of these games. As sad as it sounds most of America either does not want to or is just to stupid to do the math for the whole green tag thing.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I was waiting on picking up a 12-month xbox kit that was green-tagged. Is it going to go back to normal price $69.99 or is it going to just stay at $34.99?

[quote name='D. Monic']
Timesplitters FP for Cube is currently $50 GT ($25 after discount), so $10 would be like stealing. I'll take 3 copies.
[/QUOTE]

That game retails for $19.99 now so while its still a great deal... its not necessarily smoking hot.

Good. Most of the cheaper crap has been picked up. Now's my chance to nab them 49.99 stragglers. Add in the GBA games and this is better than Black Friday so far.

Yeah Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem for the GBA are still at the store near me. For $9.99 I will give them a go now that I have a DS. Wonder if anything on the list could be a decent credit builder at GR?

[quote name='sonderiaom']Here's all the games that are being affected. Anything else either stayed at $9.95 or went up in price. Just, don't hoard, please.
[/QUOTE]

So, the games that are currently less than $9.99/$9.95(?) will be marked up in price? Any confirmation on that?

[quote name='guessed']So, the games that are currently less than $9.99/$9.95(?) will be marked up in price? Any confirmation on that?[/QUOTE]

according to the OP yes, which is kinda odd in my opinion

I have quite a large list of things to look for if this is indeed true! My damn wallet is still realing from the random games I've been picking up and the DDD 20% sale. DAMMIT.

Thanks OP. :D

[quote name='sonderiaom']according to the OP yes, which is kinda odd in my opinion[/QUOTE]

Odd, yes. But I won't be at all surprised when parents see a sign saying "9.99 GT Games" and go nuts regardless of how cheap the game used to be.

As for me, I've been tempted to nab Metroid Zero Mission and Mario Golf for awhile now, hopefully they're still around when I go back.

[quote name='chargeup45']Not that it matters for the Wavebird, but my TRU has done a generally terrible job of tagging the stuff in the games dept. Of course, this benefits anyone whos willing to scout around with the main list (i.e. me).[/QUOTE]

Mine is one of the worst I have seen. Prices are way out of date, half the things GT'd aren't marked (which, like you said, has been to my advantage), and most of the games that have been released in the past two months are nowhere to be seen on the floor, yet are all in the back.

It's real, real sad.

[quote name='x_fiddle']That game retails for $19.99 now so while its still a great deal... its not necessarily smoking hot.[/QUOTE]
Well, it's not universally $19.99. It's still $50 at EB, Best Buy, etc. It's only $19.99 at Target B&M, and none of my Target stores have it. But I know my TRU has multiple copies, so yes, to me this is very hot.

[quote name='chargeup45']Odd, yes. But I won't be at all surprised when parents see a sign saying "9.99 GT Games" and go nuts regardless of how cheap the game used to be.[/QUOTE]

Now that I read the OP again, it says nothing about the games that were already lower than 9.99 after GT. Guess we'll find out once he responds again

bread's done
Back