TRU Online Clearance

menchirox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I apologize if this is a repost...but I did a quick search and found nothing on a online clearance...

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...RUS/2255974&fbc=1&categoryId=2276203&view=all

ALL PRICES ARE BEFORE S&H...so S&H might kill the deal, but...

PS3 Enchanted Arms - 19.99
X360 DDR Universe - 29.99
X360 Call of Duty 3: Gold Edition - 29.99
DS SNK Card Fighters - 19.99 (this game is hard to find???)

a few more on the site itself...

Thanks for the heads up, but most of the games on the clearance page are at MSRP or higher at the "clearance price" and they're shipping is a dealbreaker. In fact, they have CoD3 Gold for 39.99 not 29.99 and that's 10 over MSRP. I am interested in the PS2 component cables for 6.xx. I just got an HDTV (still waiting for delivery) so I haven't gotten to research my HD options, but I assume component is the best connection for the PS2 and is that a good price?

Yeah after shipping it is a dealbreaker. I just checked. I suggest checking out
eBay for gaming gear too. A lot of sellers offer their products w/ free shipping and handling.

Wii vs. XBox360 Vote and win

People are getting increasingly tired of our ebaysweep spam... consider yourself warned.

[quote name='kingofkingsxxl']Yeah after shipping it is a dealbreaker. I just checked. I suggest checking out
eBay for gaming gear too. A lot of sellers offer their products w/ free shipping and handling.

Wii vs. XBox360 Vote and win[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thanks for the heads up, but most of the games on the clearance page are at MSRP or higher at the "clearance price" and they're shipping is a dealbreaker. In fact, they have CoD3 Gold for 39.99 not 29.99 and that's 10 over MSRP. I am interested in the PS2 component cables for 6.xx. I just got an HDTV (still waiting for delivery) so I haven't gotten to research my HD options, but I assume component is the best connection for the PS2 and is that a good price?[/quote]

Component is the best option for the PS2... but in my opinion not worth it. I just got a Samsung DLP HDTV... and PS2 stuff looks like crap on it. I tested RE4 in 480p, using a Wii with component connections. And while there was a slightly higher sharpness... overall, the quality still looked kinda bad to me.

If you can get your PS2 to look good on an HDTV, let me know... I'd love to figure that out...

[quote name='iceblast21']Component is the best option for the PS2... but in my opinion not worth it. I just got a Samsung DLP HDTV... and PS2 stuff looks like crap on it. I tested RE4 in 480p, using a Wii with component connections. And while there was a slightly higher sharpness... overall, the quality still looked kinda bad to me.

If you can get your PS2 to look good on an HDTV, let me know... I'd love to figure that out...[/quote]
A laaaarge majority of PS2 games don't support progressive scan. The few that do (Guitar Hero 2, God of War 1 and Star Ocean 3 are the most notable in my personal collection), look reasonably good on a 720P LCD with the component cables and progressive scan. But you'll always have to turn on a setting from within the games themselves. It's certainly a noticable quality drop vs. actual HD content... but I watch so much standard def TV that I hardly care.

As for the deal, nothing worth jumping on except those component cables. But there are probably so few people who don't already have them that have a TV that does progressive scan, and don't have a PS3 that could do it.

[quote name='Wolfkin']you're missing some of the good deals.
:ds: Spectrobes $10
:gc: Mega Man Collection $20[/quote]

Oh yeah, Spectrobes is a good deal compared to the prices I usually see although I don't know about the quality of the game. You should be able to find MMC for around 10 more or less if you look.

If you're looking for DS Card Fighters, check Sears. The one near here had it for (roughly) $15 if I recall -- the one near my college had it for about $7 (I'll leave that as YMMV, though. I don't know that that's official clearance price...but that's what I sure as Hell picked it up for :D).

Either way, I've seen it around pretty frequently...be careful, I know in early releases there was a game-breaking bug that made it impossible to beat. Dunno if that was ever fixed in release, or if there was only a send-it-back-and-we'll-fix-it type deal.

[quote name='iceblast21']Component is the best option for the PS2... but in my opinion not worth it. I just got a Samsung DLP HDTV... and PS2 stuff looks like crap on it. I tested RE4 in 480p, using a Wii with component connections. And while there was a slightly higher sharpness... overall, the quality still looked kinda bad to me.

If you can get your PS2 to look good on an HDTV, let me know... I'd love to figure that out...[/QUOTE]

Get a TV with a good scaler. Sony's are excellent, though I'm not sure if anyone else has good ones. HUGE difference going from composite to S-Video, and again to component. To an extent it depends on the game too (like Super Mario Galaxy looks FANTASTIC at 480p, Gun looked great, God of War looks nice, but some older stuff probably not as much).

I think I also set my PS2 inputs a bit differently from my other systems-may have altered the color or something to make it "brighter", but it looks better than on my old (good) SD TV that died a couple of years ago.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that 480i looks good too, not just 480p. As far as I'm concerned, a good scaler is a REQUIREMENT for us gamers, at least if you're serious about it and want to play more than just brand new 360/Playstation 3 games.

DS SNK Card Fighters - 19.99 (this game is hard to find???)

You can find this game at any local Bestbuy (checkland) for $15 or $8 at local SEARS store.

[quote name='Wolfkin']you're missing some of the good deals.
:ds: Spectrobes $10
:gc: Mega Man Collection $20[/quote]

Not a bad price for MMC, but that game was $5 not too long ago on clearance at Target.

bread's done
Back