TRU: PS3 Guitar - $10 clearance

Wolfkin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)

My local TRU (Steeles east of Dufferin) had a shelf of these for $9.99. Says they work for GH and RB which I'll confirm tomorrow I guess. I really wanted to get a GH instrument but this will do for a second guitar and I figure if they still have them at the end of the month I might pick up a second one anyway.

Since they are clearance it's final sale.

Quick google search reveals that these guitars were made useless with firmware 3.10. I guess that explains the clearance price. Pretty shoddy business practice to be selling a broken product as final sale with what I assume would be little to no chance of a refund :cry:

I have the guitar and it works just fine for me when Playing RockBand 3 on the PS3. I bought it originally for RockBand 2. This has a Guitar Hero guitar feel and the strumming clicks. I use it as the bass since it doesn't have the solo frets. I'd recommend it. On a side note, this guitar has outlasted two RockBand 2 guitars. However, I've never used it for a Guitar Hero game.

Worth the $10.00

wow glad I only bought one. guess I'll be breaking the seal on my Guitar Hero games because if it doesn't work I might as well put it up on craigslist.

Edit:
Took a while to figure out how to pair it correctly but it works so far on GHIII tomorrow I try WT, Smash Hits, and AC/DC Live Track Pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guitar can still be used in RB2, you just have to switch it to GH mode, and/or have it plugged in before you turn on the system, and (definitely) try connecting it for 5-15mins.

Apart from that, very useful having it able to charge batteries via USB (ONLY IF YOU'RE USING RECHARGEABLES, ELSE DON'T DO IT!!!), squishy buttons, clickity-clicking, working gyro... :)

bread's done
Back