TRU Summer Sale Markdowns starting sometime in the week of July 4th (YMMV?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bardockkun

Eating Hot Dogs Horizontally
Feedback
4 (100%)
*Update 7/3* Went by today and it seems that different things are going on sale this week. Today it was only some MP3 players, but sometime later this week markdowns are supposed to happen for the games according to my manager. I'll keep everyone updated as best i can.

Found out at work today that starting Monday on July 3rd through Wednesday July 5th, Toys'R'Us will be having some video game markdowns as part of their big summer sale. I only saw a list of some of the things marked down (but sadly, none of them said the new price). Some of the games i noticed included:

-FF XI (with Hard Drive)
-Castlevania: Two Pack
-Viewtiful Joe: DS
-Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble (Gamecube)
-Trapt
-Dragon Quest 8
-Fire Emblem (Gamecube)
-NBA Street vol: 3 (Gamecube)
-Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
-Half Life 2
-Far Cry: Instincts
-Spartan (XBox)
-Psychonauts (XBox)
And other games (though many were not worth mentioning). Just a heads up though to check your Toys'R'Us stores starting Monday and Wednesday though.

I'm glad that FF XI w/ HD is finally getting a price drop. Our 2 copies have been sitting in our store for almost 2 years now.

I will definitely keep an eye on things when I come into work Tuesday. We have quite a few of the FFXI bundles in stock.

This is likely YMMV. Clearance prices are determined via the system based on sell through.

Anyways, this clearance is about to get... say, 50% better.

[quote name='asianxcore']I'm glad that FF XI w/ HD is finally getting a price drop. Our 2 copies have been sitting in our store for almost 2 years now.[/QUOTE]

That game is never worth it unless they gave me money

[quote name='suko_32']I just bought Viewtiful Joe DS.....anyone know how long I have to price adjust?[/QUOTE]

14 days.

Btw, that PS2 hard drive works in PCs, so if you can get one for dirt cheap like I did ($15 at circuit city awhile back) it's pretty cheap per GB.

Will the hard drive work as a big memory card for other games?

I have no interest in FFXI, but I do need a new memory card so if the HD is under $20 I might as well get that :)

[quote name='Shapiro']No. They can't detect it.[/quote]

But you can always transfer your saves to the HDD manually through the browser.

[quote name='Shapiro']No. They can't detect it.[/QUOTE]

No, but it will preload the SFA athology games, and make load times quicker.

[quote name='yuy104']But you can always transfer your saves to the HDD manually through the browser.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, which is why I only have 1 memory card now. Personally, I think the hdd is worth having just for this, but there are a handful of games that use it to help load times (re:eek:utbreak, metal saga, sf alpha anth.).

[quote name='robbyH']No, but it will preload the SFA athology games, and make load times quicker.[/quote]

But I've heard that having to let the system boot up the hard drive increases the time to load anything up anyway?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Nice. I hope I can score Fire Emblem for $10 or less.[/QUOTE]

That'd be nice. I never got Sacred Stones or Path of Radiance, so it would be an excellent day if I could get both cheap :D

Tomorrow, I'll be heading to TRU so I can make a beeline for Fire Emblem: PoR. If none of our non-West Coast CAGs can confirm it before I do, I'll report back if it's legit.

[quote name='kaiser']Any other information on this yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Yes there's a whole ton of information that came in on Sunday morning, but we've hidden it from you, sorry.

-Castlevania: Two Pack

Currently it's sitting at $29.99. I know it's for the GBA and I know I'll be watching this thread to see what the drop is at because my local TRU has two of them and I want one.

[quote name='poopy']No more sales... I can't take it! Ahhhhhh.[/quote]

And people complain about the "Summer Lull" every year... Fooey and pshaw, I say! This is when I buy most of my games!

[quote name='Josef']Is this the start of the annual green tag event?[/QUOTE]

doubtful, thats usually around Labor Day if im not mistaken

Forgot to add Psychonauts for the XBox was also another one on the list. Also, i think some markdowns may happen on the 4th too (yes, Toys'R'Us for some reason is opened on the 4th for some reason) and yes by Castlevania Two Pack i mean the GBA one.

I won't be working tomorrow, but i'll probably be calling them up for details. Anyother TRU employees besides me with info on this?

[quote name='Vegan']And people complain about the "Summer Lull" every year... Fooey and pshaw, I say! This is when I buy most of my games![/QUOTE]
That's usually me... I always complain about the lack of new releases in the summer. Ugh, how foolish of me, my memory is so weak, I should remember that most of the best sales hit mid-June to mid-Sept.

[quote name='bardockkun']Forgot to add Psychonauts for the XBox was also another one on the list. Also, i think some markdowns may happen on the 4th too (yes, Toys'R'Us for some reason is opened on the 4th for some reason) and yes by Castlevania Two Pack i mean the GBA one.

I won't be working tomorrow, but i'll probably be calling them up for details. Anyother TRU employees besides me with info on this?[/QUOTE]

I think "asianxcore" works at TRU?

[quote name='j-fever']I think "asianxcore" works at TRU?[/QUOTE]

Yup, I do.

I was in most of the day working (Sunday), and I didn't get any kind of information about these price drops. I'll post again if I find anything out before or when July 4th drops.

[quote name='bardockkun']Forgot to add Psychonauts for the XBox was also another one on the list.[/QUOTE]
*head explodes*
I already beat this game at a friends house, but I would love to play it again. However, $30 for a game I already beat is rather steep.
If this thing drops below $20, ESPECIALLY if the 2 for $30 deal is still in effect (I'll have to check on the end date for that), then I will have to check this deal out.

[quote name='Hoffgod']*head explodes*
I already beat this game at a friends house, but I would love to play it again. However, $30 for a game I already beat is rather steep.
If this thing drops below $20, ESPECIALLY if the 2 for $30 deal is still in effect (I'll have to check on the end date for that), then I will have to check this deal out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm playin it right now and its great. I'm curious to know what else is gonna be on sale/clearance.

I recommend to people to get the hard drive. It's great if you have a lot of games and do not want to buy a bunch of memory cards. I just tranfer my saves back and forth. I don't have to worry about fingding the right memeory card now.

or you could just get action replay/ code breaker and do the same thing. Plus you can download save off the net.

[quote name='Hoffgod']*head explodes*
If this thing drops below $20, ESPECIALLY if the 2 for $30 deal is still in effect (I'll have to check on the end date for that), then I will have to check this deal out.[/quote]
I think last time i checked the price of it was $20.99 as the current price. So if anything the price of it will go down to around $10-$15. I own it for the PS2 though and have yet to play it.

[quote name='Terabyte7']But I've heard that having to let the system boot up the hard drive increases the time to load anything up anyway?[/quote]
It increases the time it takes for the system to boot up. It's a little longer, but definitely not unbearable.

Thanks for the heads-up OP! I'm gonna have to check tomorrow on the FFXI/HDD bundle since I've been running short on memory for game saves. One of the CCs here has a ton of them just sitting on the shelves and it still rings up at $74.99. :(

[quote name='bardockkun']I own it for the PS2 though and have yet to play it.[/quote]
Crank that thing up right now! I've never played a better 3D platformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back