TRU Summer Sale Markdowns starting sometime in the week of July 4th (YMMV?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bardockkun

Eating Hot Dogs Horizontally
Feedback
4 (100%)
*Update 7/3* Went by today and it seems that different things are going on sale this week. Today it was only some MP3 players, but sometime later this week markdowns are supposed to happen for the games according to my manager. I'll keep everyone updated as best i can.

Found out at work today that starting Monday on July 3rd through Wednesday July 5th, Toys'R'Us will be having some video game markdowns as part of their big summer sale. I only saw a list of some of the things marked down (but sadly, none of them said the new price). Some of the games i noticed included:

-FF XI (with Hard Drive)
-Castlevania: Two Pack
-Viewtiful Joe: DS
-Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble (Gamecube)
-Trapt
-Dragon Quest 8
-Fire Emblem (Gamecube)
-NBA Street vol: 3 (Gamecube)
-Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
-Half Life 2
-Far Cry: Instincts
-Spartan (XBox)
-Psychonauts (XBox)
And other games (though many were not worth mentioning). Just a heads up though to check your Toys'R'Us stores starting Monday and Wednesday though.

At my store we have the Doom 3 collectors edition on the list as well. But these sales may not kick in all at once, I was told it was storewide over a 3 week period, hopefully all the rzone stuff will drop this week. also the Suffering ties that bind and the punisher on xbox are on the list.

1. I saw Psychonauts for $20 at TRU....last week. I don't think this was YMMV in my area, since I saw it at 2 different TRUs in SE Michigan.

2. The name of the Castlevania game is "Castlevania Double Pack" (not Two Pack). I ain't down with Tupac.

I went to my TRU, the Castlevania double pack was $29.99 and Fire Emblem Sacred Stones was $19.99. Seems like a wash, but I bought them anyways, gonna hold on to them if I get confirmation that this is a system wide price markdown and not a YMMV. I could then always go back to get a price adjust.

Is that harddrive compatible with the slim PS2?
Sorry I don't own the system, but might get the harddrive for my brother who does. Thanks ahead.
It looks like these drops are going to be bust for most of us, here's hoping for some serious pricedrops! :)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Is that harddrive compatible with the slim PS2?
Sorry I don't own the system, but might get the harddrive for my brother who does. Thanks ahead.
It looks like these drops are going to be bust for most of us, here's hoping for some serious pricedrops! :)[/quote]

Nope, doesn't work for the slim.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Is that harddrive compatible with the slim PS2?
It looks like these drops are going to be bust for most of us, here's hoping for some serious pricedrops! :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry bro, but it's not compatible with the slim PSTwos

1. Clearance prices are YMMV. Markdowns are determined based on sell-through and onhand inventory.

2. There will NOT be another Green Tag sale. Green Tag went out the door when the new company took over. This method of doing clearance is the replacement method for the Green Tag sale.

3. If the FFXI is marked lower than the $69.99 it has been for the past few months at my store (like $20'ish) I may pick one up, format it and cram it into my Xbox.

[quote name='sp00ge']1. Clearance prices are YMMV. Markdowns are determined based on sell-through and onhand inventory.

2. There will NOT be another Green Tag sale. Green Tag went out the door when the new company took over. This method of doing clearance is the replacement method for the Green Tag sale.[/QUOTE]

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

[quote name='sp00ge']1. Clearance prices are YMMV. Markdowns are determined based on sell-through and onhand inventory.

2. There will NOT be another Green Tag sale. Green Tag went out the door when the new company took over. This method of doing clearance is the replacement method for the Green Tag sale.

3. If the FFXI is marked lower than the $69.99 it has been for the past few months at my store (like $20'ish) I may pick one up, format it and cram it into my Xbox.[/QUOTE]
Boo-urns. And Toys R Us used to be one of my favorite places to pick up games. :(

Green Tag ruled sad to see it go....anybody have any newer reports on the Castlevania GBA Two pack. I would almost go on my way home and check the price but I would like to see if anybody else was able to get it discounted.

[quote name='goldbean']FF XI w/ HD rang up at $69.99 at the Fair Lakes TRU (in Northern Virginia).[/quote]

That's what it had been at mine for the past several months.

That sucks that the prices are going to be different at each store. When looking for an XBox DVD remote, other TRU stores had them for $5 and less but the TRU's in my area wanted $16 - $20 (though a nice CAG sold me one from his local TRU where they were $5 for cost plus shipping). It would be fusturating to have a game be only $5 off at one store and $20+ off at another store.

I'm not dissapointed there is no green tag sale this year either since if it was going to return, they probably would have not let the games go past 50% off again.

Like i said, the markdowns are now to Wednesday, so don't lose hope yet. If anything they're probably working on the markdowns from each side of the store by days (so action/wheels first then dolls, etc.). So if anything, i figure Monday isn't the day of markdowns it looks like for video games. I'll go in later though just to see if i can get anymore info though.

[quote name='bardockkun']Like i said, the markdowns are now to Wednesday, so don't lose hope yet. If anything they're probably working on the markdowns from each side of the store by days (so action/wheels first then dolls, etc.). So if anything, i figure Monday isn't the day of markdowns it looks like for video games. I'll go in later though just to see if i can get anymore info though.[/QUOTE]

Thursday is the normal day for price drops....but there are immediate price drops sometimes but often those are only to correct mistakes in the system (like a misprice).

went and had a bunch of games price checked-- all regular price (Fire emblem, Castlevania and for the hell of it, Fatal frame 3)

[quote name='goldbean']FF XI w/ HD rang up at $69.99 at the Fair Lakes TRU (in Northern Virginia).[/QUOTE]
Another CAG that goes to Fair Lakes?! ...my territory has been threatened!

Shame this is looking more and more YMMV as it goes on. I'll check the Fair Lakes one again on Wednesday on my way to work. Probably pick up Drill Dozer from BB while I'm there.

Hope this pans out! I'd love a cheap copy of Psychonauts or Fire Emblem.

3. If the FFXI is marked lower than the $69.99 it has been for the past few months at my store (like $20'ish) I may pick one up, format it and cram it into my Xbox.[/QUOTE]

ok smarty pants, im assuming this means you work at a TRU or have a contact there. Answer me this, will there be another b2g1 free?

[quote name='Zon27']Thursday is the normal day for price drops....but there are immediate price drops sometimes but often those are only to correct mistakes in the system (like a misprice).[/QUOTE]
Thursday is no longer the day for price drops. I believe it happpens on Monday now.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That sucks that the prices are going to be different at each store. When looking for an XBox DVD remote, other TRU stores had them for $5 and less but the TRU's in my area wanted $16 - $20 (though a nice CAG sold me one from his local TRU where they were $5 for cost plus shipping). It would be fusturating to have a game be only $5 off at one store and $20+ off at another store.[/QUOTE]
Same as my TRU's

Okay, went by and to see what was going on. Apparently, different things are going on sale day by day at the RZone. Today was just MP3 players apparently, but still not getting word on when games themselves will start and for how much.

If anyone is looking for Trauma Center Check TRU it's not a markdown , but if you looking for it they might have it.

I stopped by the Baileys Crossroads TRU (again, in Northern Virginia, and no, I'm not that fanatical about CAG deals--we needed some toys for the little one).

They had a few random things marked with a "clearance" tag and a whole mess of "new price" tags.

Some of the clearance stuff I can remember: Psychonauts Xbox was $20.99; Action Replay for GC and Xbox was $14.99; some controller extension cables were $4.99 or so; a low-grade Xbox 5.1 system was $49.99; and there were a bunch of other accessories like wireless controllers and portable game system cases at prices I can't remember.

None of the "new price" items were good deals. FF XI was $69.99 there, too.

I didn't actually go to Fair Lakes, I just called, so I don't know if they had the same set of clearance items.

Hoffgod--Don't worry, I'm no hoarder, so there should be enough for the both of us. ;)

FFXI/HDD was $69.99 at the Sunnyvale, CA TRU. :( My store is stockpiled with a bunch of game inventory, too, that never seems to move.

[quote name='Kuma']ok smarty pants, im assuming this means you work at a TRU or have a contact there. Answer me this, will there be another b2g1 free?[/quote]

Well duh, I've been an informant for quite some time, but nobody remembers me... I see how it is. I work there, but have heard nothing about another b2g1 sale yet. We usually don't hear of them until maybe a week or so out, though.

[quote name='sp00ge']Well duh, I've been an informant for quite some time, but nobody remembers me... I see how it is. I work there, but have heard nothing about another b2g1 sale yet. We usually don't hear of them until maybe a week or so out, though.[/QUOTE]

well i remember the name, but stop changing the avatar. Anyway, at least speaking for myself, thank you for the reports, past, present and future.

A lot of Northern VA CAG members I see. I joined recently but been a member of other forums for a while.

I'm checkin out the TRU in Fair Lakes, Sterling, and possibly Manassas.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Do we really need two TRU threads about this? This one is obsolete already (no offense to the OP).[/quote]
Hey man none taken. Honestly, the jetsetmario post has me more informed then my own stuff. Though yah, this thread basically is dead now so might as well just end it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back