TRU Wii Presale Part Two (Confirmed for 11/12, from the TRU Weekly Ad)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Edit: Confirmed by TRU employees here on the board.

Courtesy of member Britana from:

http://www.dealcatcher.com/forums/m_441540/tm.htm

DC5960B183334F828C7EC57665015D99.jpg

(wonders if PS3 is in the same ad...)

[quote name='guinaevere']They're going to hand out tickets at 7am ON A SUNDAY MORNING?!?! The stores don't open until noon. No manager is going to show up five hours early to hand a bunch of people pieces of paper.

Now 11am I could understand, as they then could head inside and begin opening procedures.[/quote]
Well considering there are often managers who have to be there super early to assist with unloading the truck and supervising the early morning crew stocking the floor there are often managers at the store as early as 4am or so.... sometimes earlier that wouldn't be unheard of.

Our store has 3 associates coming in at 7am to prepare for the mess (and to clean up the "R" Zone) so yea... be ready...

10 Wiis like the first batch. I wonder how long these will last...

I dunno about other stores but ours opens at 9am due to the holiday stuff.

i wonder what happens to Paramus, NJ locations (their stores are closed on sundays due to Bergen County Blue Law)

im gonna pass by a TRU in whitestone, queens around 9am tomorrow to see if they have a huge line, if so, then i guess i'll wait till next week

O_O If you check the ad directly at ToysRUs.com, the reserve your wii circle isn't there. Prob a last minute change.

[quote name='skullflame']O_O If you check the ad directly at ToysRUs.com, the reserve your wii circle isn't there. Prob a last minute change.[/QUOTE]

Only for the online ad. Nothing they can do for the paper ads that went to print ages ago except print a retraction. However, the pre-sale is happening. For those that call and get denied, I take it the employees were not informed yet of this knowledge at the time of your call.

I am online now. Just got here 15 minutes ago and I am number 5!!!! Glad I slept in, it seems like no one really knows about this!

[quote name='sting0r']I am online now. Just got here 15 minutes ago and I am number 5!!!! Glad I slept in, it seems like no one really knows about this![/quote]Your at the store now?

Hey guys, I'm in NY and just got back from my store... got two wii preorders and games preordered... i was number 2 of 3 at my TRU... it seems no one knows about this deal the manager was nice enough to let us in early as it opens at 10 and he let us in at 7... SCORE!!!

just got back from my store in NO, LA. no one was there ..i asked an employee and he said thed hand out tickets at 9 (contrary to the 7 they said yesterday) so ill be going back in about an hour.

Being without a car for a while, I have to rely on other people to drive me around. Well, every potential ride I set up for this morning either bailed or refused to get up.

So weak. Could have been an easy way to avoid that long-ass wait on Saturday.

I might be able to get someone now to take me out there, but I wouldn't get there 'til 8:45 at the earliest and I doubt any TRU will have any by then. Guess I'll be out there Saturday hoping I don't have to pee.

Quick word of wisdom from someone who just went to TRU: if they told you they were doing no more pre-orders, odds are they WERE lying. I was told yesterday by the employee in the R Zone they had no more, called at 9am this morning and they WERE doing presales, just like the TRU employees here have stated. Got there at 9:10am, ran in the door and heard, "We have one Wii pre-order left." I waved my hands like an idiot...and...GOT IT. Still kinda annoyed that they basically lied to me yesterday, as none of my friends have a pre-order yet.

Won't help folks on EST, but to those folks in Texas, it might be worth a shot.

RD

Got there 2 hours before opening, didn't get out of the car until 10 min before opening!!! Manager came out gave us the cards and then let us in a few minutes early. Gotta love the manager at my store!!!!
Nobody knew in my area, the manager was at the door almost begging the customers coming in to take her last two. They were nice enough to give me one for my buddy who couldn't make it.
I am a TRU kid!!!!:D

NYC

Whitestone

TRU

21 pre-orders

been there 9am in the morning, was 12th in-line, nice and easy.
I wish PS3 pre-orders were that comfortable...

The funny part is some of the moms who's been waiting thought it was the pre-order for TMX Emo~ xD

The pig I talked to on the phone last night must've been lying, because my TRU had 20 Wii's. Either that, or TRU doesn't inform its employees of anything.

Mine had 40. Got there at around 9:10 and was about 20th in line. People arriving as the store opened at 10:00 even managed to get one. Great success!

Same story as above... the guy told me yesterday that there was no pre-order, but he was wrong.

On a hunch, I showed up this morning right at 9 am and the door was just opening. They had perhaps 20 pre-orders and I was about 10 or so in line. :)

There were 3 people waiting at 9 am at my TRU (Racine WI) but it looked like several more folks were arriving right after open.

They had 15 . . . I'm guessing they'll be gone by noon.

I'm surprised there weren't more people.

Gah, how come these are never announced earlier. I've missed every preorder date so far because they are never announced...and I have the money prepared to preorder. Man it's going to be hard to get a Wii.

yay I got one!!

I called two TRU's yesterday both said no. I went to one of them 5 minutes before opening there were only 5 people in line and about 20 in cars. Most of them weren't for the Wii but for some GBA bundle. While waiting in line I noticed a lady with a pre sell ticket so I am guessing they handed them out earlier. They were handing out the tickets at the entrence when they opened.

Here is a quick tip. TRU has the $10 giftcard coupon in their ad if you spend $75 or more. It says excludes video game hardware but it works on pre orders. So I got a wii and 3 game preorders so I bought something for $10 and got a $10 gift card. Now supposidly I can get another $10 gift card when I pay in full for my games.

I was the 4th one in a line of about 16. They supposedly had 20, but I don't care, I got one and that's all that matters. :D

I showed up at the Catonsville, MD store around 9:50, 10 minutes before opening. I was 11th of 15, and I think there were 3 preorders left when I was done. I'm a little concerned about Twilight Princess; my preorder slip says "guaranteed in store between 11/21 and 12/06". Does everyone's slip say that?

My guess is that Wiis are actually going to be not impossible to get at launch. But I could just be saying that because I finally have one reserved.

BTW, what's with Super Monkey Ball being $60?

RD

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I really doubt they have any PS3s left. There will be so many damn wiis though it won't even be funny. It has become clear to me now that TRU is trying to generate a wii buying frenzy by giving the impression that they will be limited.[/QUOTE][quote name='Arsonide']Gah, how come these are never announced earlier. I've missed every preorder date so far because they are never announced...and I have the money prepared to preorder. Man it's going to be hard to get a Wii.[/QUOTE]Well there you go dubbfoolio, here's one person with the impression they will be limited =P

Well I'm an easy sell...I was planning on buying one anyway, so TRU's marketing doesn't really work on me. If anything I'd rather get it at Walmart, I get 10% off there. At this point I don't care where I get it, I just have to get it somewhere.

[quote name='Arsonide']Gah, how come these are never announced earlier. I've missed every preorder date so far because they are never announced...and I have the money prepared to preorder. Man it's going to be hard to get a Wii.[/QUOTE]

Huh? You've had 9 days advance notice.

What a damn joke dude. I woke up at 9:50am and called 4 Toys R Us Stores in Minnesota and all of them were already sold out. This is crazy. There's much more demand for this thing than I thought. Anyone in Minnesota have an extra reserve ticket and want to help a brutha out? :D

[quote name='bmarquardt']Only for the online ad. Nothing they can do for the paper ads that went to print ages ago except print a retraction. However, the pre-sale is happening. For those that call and get denied, I take it the employees were not informed yet of this knowledge at the time of your call.[/QUOTE]

Q myself FT

WrestleCrap'sRD;2359360]My guess is that Wiis are actually going to be not impossible to get at launch. But I could just be saying that because I finally have one reserved. BTW said:
Yeah is Toys really gonna sell Monkey Ball for $60? I pre-ordered it for $5 and didn't realize it was $60 until after the fact. Can I cancel a pre-order and get my $5 back? Or is my best bet to buy the game for $60, then go in later and return it?

[quote name='nuttyturnip']I showed up at the Catonsville, MD store around 9:50, 10 minutes before opening. I was 11th of 15, and I think there were 3 preorders left when I was done. I'm a little concerned about Twilight Princess; my preorder slip says "guaranteed in store between 11/21 and 12/06". Does everyone's slip say that?[/QUOTE]

Mine says 11/21 to 12/05. I thought Zelda would be available when I picked up the system.

I got to my TRU a half hour before it opened. I and another person just sat in our cars because there wasn't anyone in line. Someone else pulled up as the doors opened and there were at least three of us. I saw the worker come out with the slips, but nobody was in line. I was the first person to preorder. I asked the guy how many he has and he said 29 and then mentioned something about 14, so maybe he meant 14 this time and 29 total. I'm not sure, but I'm glad I got mine. I also preordered Zelda.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Huh? You've had 9 days advance notice.[/QUOTE]
No, I signed up on this site when I heard that someone else got it, which came without warning at all. But I know the site to watch now atleast. (Though at this point it's probably too late.)

I got mine pre-ordered with Zelda and Rayman.

Like everyone else has said it was very easy to get one. I got there about 10 minutes before the store opened and there were about 10 people in front of me. The very strange thing was from my girlfriend and myself, everyone else waiting was probably in their early to late 50's. Overhearing a couple of them they were sitting in line for their late teen - late 20s year old kids.

Felt very, very out of place.

[quote name='maddfrog']I got mine pre-ordered with Zelda and Rayman.

Like everyone else has said it was very easy to get one. I got there about 10 minutes before the store opened and there were about 10 people in front of me. The very strange thing was from my girlfriend and myself, everyone else waiting was probably in their early to late 50's. Overhearing a couple of them they were sitting in line for their late teen - late 20s year old kids.

Felt very, very out of place.[/QUOTE]

The guy after me was an older guy and we shot the shit about the Wii and PS3 for a few.

BTW, I noticed in the ad it says Zelda will be in the store on the 19th, so the tickets must be old.

I got to my TRU 30 minutes before it opened and I was the 11th person and they only had 12. There were people there since 4 AM. I just figured I'd chance it being that I didn't think too many people knew about the 2nd round of pre-orders. There were a bunch of people that came after me and some got pissed when the manager said there were only 12.

Got one in South Austin. Someone came out and handed out tickets just moments before the store opened and there was actually one more reserve than there were people! 13 or 15 I believe.

[quote name='spree4567']Yeah is Toys really gonna sell Monkey Ball for $60? I pre-ordered it for $5 and didn't realize it was $60 until after the fact. Can I cancel a pre-order and get my $5 back? Or is my best bet to buy the game for $60, then go in later and return it?[/QUOTE]

I did the EXACT same thing. Didn't see that at all. Now I wish I'd held off on buying any games at all.

BTW, Target is running a deal that you get a $20 gift card if you buy three Wii games on launch day. I was only planning on getting one (Monkey Ball), as the wife said she wanted to have something to get me for Christmas so extra games are a no go for me.

RD

WrestleCrap'sRD;2359428 said:
I did the EXACT same thing. Didn't see that at all. Now I wish I'd held off on buying any games at all.

BTW, Target is running a deal that you get a $20 gift card if you buy three Wii games on launch day. I was only planning on getting one (Monkey Ball), as the wife said she wanted to have something to get me for Christmas so extra games are a no go for me.

RD

On the back of the ticket for the Wii, TRU has a deal if you buy three games that they have listed you can get $30 off.

WrestleCrap'sRD;2359428 said:

RD

Super Monkey Balls was a game I was excited about but the EGM review indicates it is not that great (6 out of 10). I think I'll wait for a price drop.

Zelda is the premiere game.

The Rayman game looks like a frontrunner for purchase (by me).

Call of Duty 3 (I don't have a 360 and won't have a PS3)

I'll get the Warioware game when it comes out.

Trauma Center is also a front runner.

Damn, called my TRU only to find out they opened early and gave out the reserves....
All gone....o well....back to the drawing board...

[quote name='rabbitt']The pig I talked to on the phone last night must've been lying, because my TRU had 20 Wii's. Either that, or TRU doesn't inform its employees of anything.[/quote]

That and often times employees will often fill in and staff that "R" Zone that are not trained and informed of things within there.

I heard of this on Friday from a manager so I have no clue of how long it was known that they were doing another round of preorders. *shrugs*

Game will not be 59.99. Those presell tickets are old. The game is 49.99. I printed labels for it today.

I got there at 7am and there were 4 people ahead of me. After that the list filled quickly. There were 15 in total, the list was full by 8:30. There were lots of people who got there around 9 who quickly turned around and left. I have mine, now all I have to do is wait. Maybe I'll freeze myself for a week...

Got there 2 hours early, was #9 or 10 in line out of 15 reserves. Picked up reserve tickets for Zelda, Trauma Center, and Metal Slug as well. Nice. :cool:

kspiff

bread's done
Back