True Blood BR S1 & S2 7.99 ea @ Best Buy

tumble_drie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Looked around and didn't see this posted. Sorry if it's a duplicated.

Best buy has season 1 and 2 of True Blood for 7.99 each.

Season 1 on Game of Thrones is also coming up as 7.99, but that one is showing as sold out online and not available for in store pick up, but that might just be my local best buy.

All 3 of these are the 5 disc versions without the DVDs. Sorry for not adding links, guess that happens when you haven't posted enough. But if you do a search on Best Buy for either one, they will come up.

Edit: Looks like both seasons are now sold out online. Thanks to rbenns2 for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL @ True Blood. I'm not going to say I haven't watched it; my girlfriend enjoyed the show and I watched the first three seasons but had to give it up because from a stroyline perspective it is just retarded. 

LOL @ True Blood. I'm not going to say I haven't watched it; my girlfriend enjoyed the show and I watched the first three seasons but had to give it up because from a stroyline perspective it is just retarded.
I liked the first two seasons myself (the first more than the second) but couldn't finish the third at all. I definitely am on the fence if I should grab both or not, as it's a phenomenal price.

Looked around and didn't see this posted. Sorry if it's a duplicated.

Best buy has season 1 and 2 of True Blood for 7.99 each.

Season 1 on Game of Thrones is also coming up as 7.99, but that one is showing as sold out online and not available for in store pick up, but that might just be my local best buy.

All 3 of these are the 5 disc versions without the DVDs. Sorry for not adding links, guess that happens when you haven't posted enough. But if you do a search on Best Buy for either one, they will come up.
Wait, what? If they don't come with the DVDs, then they must be the launch copies of the seasons BEFORE HBO converted their shows over to HBO Select. I can see why they'd sell it so cheap then. But if they are labeled with HBO Select, they should have DVD and Digital too.

I liked the first two seasons myself (the first more than the second) but couldn't finish the third at all. I definitely am on the fence if I should grab both or not, as it's a phenomenal price.
I stuck with True Blood up to the end of the latest season. It's good to know they got one last season to go before it ends for good, so I'll follow it and see what happens. However...Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire are both series I own (and will own to the entirety of their runs) and am happy to keep on my shelf.

I stuck with True Blood up to the end of the latest season. It's good to know they got one last season to go before it ends for good, so I'll follow it and see what happens. However...Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire are both series I own (and will own to the entirety of their runs) and am happy to keep on my shelf.
Boardwalk ends this year as well.

I stuck with True Blood because I enjoyed the first three seasons. After that is where I believe it fell off big time. I want to see how it ends though.

Boardwalk ends this year as well.

I stuck with True Blood because I enjoyed the first three seasons. After that is where I believe it fell off big time. I want to see how it ends though.
Yeah. I am saddened by so many good shows hitting the end. Breaking Bad is done, Sons of Anarchy is done this year, Boardwalk this year with season 5, Justified with its final season next year...but on the plus side, owning them will be easy.

Watched through the first season of True Blood and couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about, started partway into season 2 and just couldn't watch anymore.

Watched through the first season of True Blood and couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about, started partway into season 2 and just couldn't watch anymore.
It's basically campy southern monster fun with lots of sex and blood and swearing...the sort of show you watch just for the heck of it. And it either appeals or it doesn't. I gave it four seasons...and felt season five slackened a lot, season six was better (but only a little)...

Personally, i only saw up to season 4 and the first couple of episodes of season 5, and then just gave up. But the first 2 seasons I liked well enough. More than once I had to pause a scene because I was literally rolling on the bed laughing, and then I would rewind the scene and crack up again. On season 3 they deviated too much from the source material, and it could have been amazing if they hadn't messed up so badly in the last two episodes.

Yeah. I am saddened by so many good shows hitting the end. Breaking Bad is done, Sons of Anarchy is done this year, Boardwalk this year with season 5, Justified with its final season next year...but on the plus side, owning them will be easy.
Damn I didnt know Justified and Boardwalk were ending. What the hell else will I watch besides Game of Thrones and Sherlock?

Damn I didnt know Justified and Boardwalk were ending. What the hell else will I watch besides Game of Thrones and Sherlock?
Justified ends 2015. Boardwalk apparently is ending this fall, according to another person. And Google confirms it.

Sold out. Too bad. I would have grabbed Season 2 (have had season 1 since a crazy WB Shop sale years ago). The show definitely went down hill...but I also feel like it's one of those shows I'll miss when it's gone. It was what it was, and had fun doing it.

It's sold out online and not available in store. It's "thanks for nothing" for most of us, but a few lucky bastards might be able to find these in-store. Just be sure to get the ones without digital copies or DVDs, as those are the ones on sale.

WOW this is the first I'm hearing about SoA ending. I had no idea. Justified is awesome as well.

The Newsroom is ending this year as well. HBO is losing a lot of shows. GoT is my favorite show in general which does HBO wonders. True Detective is another quality HBO show as well that's definitely worth checking out.

True Blood is a horrible chick show with some violence and T&A to appease simpleton male viewers & those forced to watch by their female counterparts. First two seasons were pretty decent, but it started slipping in 3 when they just started throwing any & every mythical creature they could think of into the TB universe, with some being completely worthless, I'm looking at the stupid freaking wolves mostly. The start of this last season was somewhat decent, but by the end it dropped to the lowest levels it ever has, which is pretty freaking low.

I have the first 4 on BD, but I have no interest in any more(I've actually been thinking about selling the 4) & I took up HBO's discount offer so it should end right when GoT season 4 does, so I'll probably not even see the newest season, nor do I care to.

True Blood is a horrible chick show with some violence and T&A to appease simpleton male viewers & those forced to watch by their female counterparts. First two seasons were pretty decent, but it started slipping in 3 when they just started throwing any & every mythical creature they could think of into the TB universe, with some being completely worthless, I'm looking at the stupid freaking wolves mostly. The start of this last season was somewhat decent, but by the end it dropped to the lowest levels it ever has, which is pretty freaking low.

I have the first 4 on BD, but I have no interest in any more(I've actually been thinking about selling the 4) & I took up HBO's discount offer so it should end right when GoT season 4 does, so I'll probably not even see the newest season, nor do I care to.
So much bitterness. Did the girlfriend who "forced" you to watch the show dump you or something?

More like True Bad.  I saw the first season and was done.  The only character worth a shit was the gay cook.  That guy was fucking hilarious.

I don't even care to defend True Blood as being a "good show". But this problem people have with accepting that others have opinions different than theirs is incredibly ignorant. What kind of person feels the need to come in here and make sure everybody knows that they think the show sucks?

WOW this is the first I'm hearing about SoA ending. I had no idea. Justified is awesome as well.

The Newsroom is ending this year as well. HBO is losing a lot of shows. GoT is my favorite show in general which does HBO wonders. True Detective is another quality HBO show as well that's definitely worth checking out.
Yeah. The schedule should be: Game of Thrones (cont), True Blood (ending), Sons of Anarchy (ending), Boardwalk Empire (ending), Justified (ending in 2015)...

Yep, True Blood is some terrible schlock, but at least it's self-aware terrible schlock.  I'm not sure a large part of its audience realizes this, however - I see way too many people taking it seriously.

I don't even care to defend True Blood as being a "good show". But this problem people have with accepting that others have opinions different than theirs is incredibly ignorant. What kind of person feels the need to come in here and make sure everybody knows that they think the show sucks?
Maybe to ward off blind buyers?

I don't know why anyone would just take advice from random people on the internet when it comes to TV shows, movies, or any kind of media. Plenty of people like this show or it would not have lasted 7 seasons on a network known for quality programming. $8 is a pretty good price to blind buy and come up with your own opinion on it.

I don't know why anyone would just take advice from random people on the internet when it comes to TV shows, movies, or any kind of media. Plenty of people like this show or it would not have lasted 7 seasons on a network known for quality programming. $8 is a pretty good price to blind buy and come up with your own opinion on it.
It's not hard to see how it's lasted this long - it has vampires, violence, and tits. And it's dumb as shit, so simpletons can follow it without getting confused. It's a foolproof recipe for success.

Several people in this thread can't accept that people might have opinions different than their own...and yet we're simpletons...

Unreal.

....say the people who can watch the ridiculous plots of most anime without batting an eyelash ...

And yes, I'm a fan of True Blood, as corny and bad as it can be some times.

....say the people who can watch the ridiculous plots of most anime without batting an eyelash ...

And yes, I'm a fan of True Blood, as corny and bad as it can be some times.
I watch the show for the hell of it now. One season left, I figure I might as well sit through it to the end.

Yep, I decided to try Girls after the near universal critical praise and I would have been pissed if I blind bought the first season based off that since the show is terrible, it's the first time that I can remember that I actually contemplated not even finishing the first (30 min) episode since the characters were so annoyingly grating.

The lynchpin of what caused me to finally turn against true blood was they had a character that was kind of all over the map. Near the end of the first season they take a hard position on something that it finally seemed like I was getting an insight into the character, and then at the start of season 2 the character completely flips their opinion on that issue for no reason other than that's the plot for the year. If they were pulling that shit this early into the series I knew it could only get worse from there, so I stopped watching.

Yep, I decided to try Girls after the near universal critical praise and I would have been pissed if I blind bought the first season based off that since the show is terrible, it's the first time that I can remember that I actually contemplated not even finishing the first (30 min) episode since the characters were so annoyingly grating.

The lynchpin of what caused me to finally turn against true blood was they had a character that was kind of all over the map. Near the end of the first season they take a hard position on something that it finally seemed like I was getting an insight into the character, and then at the start of season 2 the character completely flips their opinion on that issue for no reason other than that's the plot for the year. If they were pulling that shit this early into the series I knew it could only get worse from there, so I stopped watching.
Yeah, I accepted, just from seeing the constant previews that HBO uses leading up to new shows, that Girls really wasn't something aimed at me or my demographic. I do really appreciate the diversity of programming HBO offers though, it's cool that they provide such a range of programming, even if it doesn't all peak my interest.

And it's true, True Blood is a shadow of what it could have been ... the writing and the character arcs definitely didn't always pay off or feel worthwhile (werepanthers ... ) but the cast is pretty fun to watch and maybe I just find it refreshing to see a vampire show that actually shows edgy content instead of Twilight or Vampire Diaries where it's so sanitized and, frankly, dull.

bread's done
Back