TrueAchievements.com - Sign Up and Join the CAG Leaderboard

GLOCKGLOCK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
I posted this in the CAG GamerScore Whore thread, but figured it might be interesting for all CAGs to check out:

http://www.trueachievements.com

It is a new site that tracks your achievements and gamerscore, but adds a new twist. It compares your achievements in a game against how many people have that achievement and pro-rates the GS based on that. It then calculates a new TrueAchievement Gamerscore which reflects that fact that the 1000 points you got from Avatar aren't exactly worth the same as the 1000 you picked up in Rainbow Six Vegas or other games.

Overall they have a lot of cool features that I haven't seen on other 360/Gamerscore sites.

The best part is that I have setup a CAG Leaderboard there since the CAG leaderboard on the site doesn't appear to have made the transition to CAG 2.0. So check out the site and then join our leaderboard to see how you stack up against other CAGs:

Here is the link:

CAG TrueAchievement Leaderboard

Once you sign up please add my GT (DRUNKZ 27) as the person who referred you to the site. You can do this via this link:

http://www.trueachievements.com/customize.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, those 1000 points from Avatar took a lot of sleepless, guilty nights of shame to build up my confidence that i wouldn't be laughed at everytime someone looked at my games played list...

Glad you brought attention to TrueAchievements. I had been using xbox360achievements and 360voice to sort of set up my social networking for my 360. I find with the twitter feed, the achievement tracker, and the guides, this site brings all the stuff I wanted to do together.

However, it also reminds me how I didn't get the last achievement on PA: Episode 2 because of the glitch. The shame is renewed.

[quote name='SynGamer']Hey, those 1000 points from Avatar took a lot of sleepless, guilty nights of shame to build up my confidence that i wouldn't be laughed at everytime someone looked at my games played list...[/quote]

I still laugh at you.

Interesting, who knew 1,000 GS on World Series of Poker 2008 could be worth 3,117.

http://www.trueachievements.com/ColHotShotX.htm

Normal GS: 27,275
TA GS: 47,077

Apparently I play an extra 20,000 GS worth of "hard as fuck to get achievements in" games.

~HotShotX

Been using 360voice for a little bit now -- this looks like a better site overall, although I'm trying to find if there's a way to default it to showing GamerScore instead of their TrueScore (decent idea, but I'm not sold on it)

Well I joined at the very bottom.

Just looking over the adjusted score totals for the games it seems like they increase the scores for every game. So even if a few achievements will get knocked down over-all it seems like it would inflate score.

[quote name='Filbert']Well I joined at the very bottom.

Just looking over the adjusted score totals for the games it seems like they increase the scores for every game. So even if a few achievements will get knocked down over-all it seems like it would inflate score.[/quote]

The site basically applies bonus points on individual achievements that few people have.

Getting 1000 in WSOP 2008 netted me 3,091 because very few people have those achievements, and the score can continue to drop if more people get achievements in that game.

Avatar, on the other hand, was whored out so much that it probably doesn't add any bonus points beyond its retail 1000.

The site will never take away points based on its popularity, however. Otherwise, Avatar would probably be worth less than 1000.

So, in conclusion an achievement's high TA score could mean 1 or 2 things:

1. The game is very hard to get achievements in.
2. Very few people care to play the game.

~HotShotX

Awesome Glock, just signed up. Now I can see what my 1k in GTA will get me! (probably less now since I still haven't started the new achievements) :cry:

I've had my 360 for 7 days. I have a 19 month old and one on the way in May. I'm going to be hundreds of thousands of points behind everyone. Frankly, if you're below me, you're a sad excuse for a game player, because I have, literally, NO.TIME. EVER.

But, had to join just to throw my hat in the ring. :)

Good stuff Glock!! Just joined!!
and application sent for the CAG boards!!

GS: 15,795
TGS: 20,959

Anybody else having this problem? True Achievements has the correct gamerscore for me, but doesn't recognize that I have picked up a few achievements since March 3. For some reason, it has scanned me multiple times but hasn't figured out I picked up the Animal Handler in Castle Crashers, and a few in Rock Band 2.

[quote name='Luftwaffles08']Anybody else having this problem? True Achievements has the correct gamerscore for me, but doesn't recognize that I have picked up a few achievements since March 3. For some reason, it has scanned me multiple times but hasn't figured out I picked up the Animal Handler in Castle Crashers, and a few in Rock Band 2.[/quote]

I think the site is having some problems with updating, some change Microsoft made. I know from the forums he's working on it, but that's all I know.

Joined the site last night and got updated in today. Popped in at number 9 on the list for the time being. Probably won't move anywhere but down since I have been doing most of my stuff on the PS3 lately.

Still, an interesting concept.

Hm. Apparently the site doesn't recognize a number of games I own. Doesn't list some games or the achievements I gained for them.

Edit: Weird. Nevermind. It seems to have updated.

bread's done
Back