Turning off tags, removing tags.

SonicJ

CAGiversary!
I was trying to figure out how to remove, or disable tags on blog posts. Is this possible? Some tags that I wish to remove are afixed to my blog, and I want them out.

You can only remove the tags you placed in the blog. Other tags not made by you will have to be removed by the tag creator or a mod.

Hm... thats pretty disappointing. Seeing how it says moderator under your name, would you be the person I can contact for this?

[quote name='SonicJ']Hm... thats pretty disappointing. Seeing how it says moderator under your name, would you be the person I can contact for this?[/QUOTE]
You could contact Shrike, or any of the Mod Team you feel comfortable with.

Or to expedite things (assuming it's your own blog from which you desire the tags be removed), use the
report.gif
Report feature. The next screen will have a message field for you to fill in, just state that you wish to have the tags removed from your blog.

Yeah, thanks for the reply guys. I'll do what you suggested with the report guinaevere, thank you.

CheapyD, Thanks for listening, I'll be looking forward to that feature.

[quote name='guinaevere']You could contact Shrike, or any of the Mod Team you feel comfortable with.

Or to expedite things (assuming it's your own blog from which you desire the tags be removed), use the
report.gif
Report feature. The next screen will have a message field for you to fill in, just state that you wish to have the tags removed from your blog.[/QUOTE]Tags can now be removed from blogs? I remember before they couldn't.

Hang on, I'll take a look at one of yours and make sure that I can. Mana, if a tag or two disappears from one of your blogs, that's me tooling around, okay?

Edit: Unless I'm missing something obvious, it looks like you're right. Gonna talk to Cheapy.

I can't wait for this to come out. Heres the latest tags on my last post :
Let me be the first to know when this feature is added or what, pleaseeeeee.
The forums are regulated for this type of stuff while the blog posts end up with this nonsense while the taggers end up Scott free.
I've been here since 2007, and this is the first time I have to witness this childish garbage..

^ Wow, the fun hm?
No ones holding a gun to your head to bother with my blog since you think censorship is for lamers.

Then again, im not even sure if you know what you're saying , since you know, this about abusing the tags... :whistle2:k
How is something considered cyber bullying fun anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SonicJ']^ Wow, the fun hm?
No ones holding a gun to your head to bother with my blog since you think censorship is for lamers.

Then again, im not even sure if you know what you're saying , since you know, this about abusing the tags... :whistle2:k
How is something considered cyber bullying fun anyway?[/QUOTE]

Let's not hyperbolize hazing, insults and dark comedy into "cyberbullying." Unless someone has physically threatened you, let us refrain from using that term.

It's a blog after all; it's your statements and opinions put out there for all the world to read and comment on.
As you said "no one's holding a gun to your head to" making you publish your blogs.

Well feel that way as you may, I think I should draw a line between what gun is saying I want to do, and what I'm actually doing. I want for each individual poster to have the option , if they choose, to allow tags or not, delete them or keep them, and what have you. Im not asking the admins to remove tagging. ALSO, I think you should note, it's one thing to share your option in a well mannered way, but what people are doing instead - creating irrelevant tags out of spite.

Edit: To put it in better context, the last blog post I referred to was actually about the feature of removing tags, disabling them etc. On that blog post. These are the tags affixed to the, (obviously, not by me)

Dark humor or not, I don't want any of it on my blog posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Try blogging somewhere else?[/QUOTE]
This.
You're posting on a gamer site that has "ass" in its title and complaining about language offending you.

I think those tags show immaturity and are beckoning for more. I agree with that the OP should be able to remove tags.

OP, just by posting this the number of tags in your most recent blog have just about doubled. You're kind of setting yourself up for this crap though.

@ JoseF :It's kinda funny to read, but what I don't understand is why people don't want this functionality? I consider it like call forwarding, It's a feature available on your phone, it's up to you if you want it or not. If the feature is there, then you use it, if you don't want to, fine.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I wonder if we can ignore bloggers so that they don't show up in the blog roll like we can users in threads?
:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
I've been asking for it since the blogs appeared last year, but it hasn't happened yet.

bread's done
Back