Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 or P11 $36.xx, lower than BF.

[quote name='Jmclark']How long do you guys think this will last? I desperately need a new PS3 headset but I don't get paid for a few days.[/QUOTE]

Just checked TRU.com and the price for the p11 is still $30 but the x12 is back to the instore sale price of $39.99. I would try to get in on the deal as soon as you can for the p11s. Website doesn't say how long the sale is for.

Ordered one last night when I was randomly browsing Amazon, was thinking about posting it as a deal. BARELY missed a AWD p11 for $27, I guess that's what I get for reading reviews before clicking the 'checkout' button.

i ended up getting these.
i have a philips $100 surround sound system, so it isnt the best.
my grrl likes the modern warfare noises but for games like deadspace, etc
she really hates all the screams and screeching, especially when i use the circular saw blade that just sounds horrible with the volume pumping.
and the $5 coupon was a r us coupon they sent out, not to be used online tho, doh.
actually says not for videogames hardware/software, but i thought someone in the thread said it worked.

i guess i will get another $7 skelanimal for $2 for my kids instead. haha, more crap!

Just got my headset. Sounds great. Mic is super sensitive. I had to move it AWAY from my face because friends said it sounded bad. When it was far away, they said it was fine.

Is there a toggle for the mic monitor? I can barely hear myself because of the headphones. When I first plugged it in, it appeared my voice was coming out the headphones but later when i was playing Gears, I couldn't hear myself talking.

Just started thinking about getting a pair of headphones in order to game while my wife sleeps during the day. Good thing I stumbled onto this thread.

I might have to pick these up from Amazon along with the optical adapter cable. Reading that they also work for PS3 is pushing me even more toward purchasing.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Any comments about the P11?[/QUOTE]
I just got the p11s. They're my first gaming headset but I'm pretty happy with them. They get pretty loud, and the mic is clear and loud. For the price I'm liking them.

My P11's just arrived. Very impressed so far, although I had them on backwards for about an hour before I started noticing the left/right channels were swapped lol.

Mic quality sounds great during mic-checks, haven't gotten a chance to try it out online though. Word of warning: the audio controller switchbox thing is light as fuck and will probably break with even the slightest pressure on it.

Comfort I give it an 8/10. Fits great, but it loses a few points for the padding fabric's texture.

Mic quality/Comfort are WORLDS better than an old Logitech 3.5mm Headset I used for WoW back in the day. (Awful "street style" ones with the huge earpieces.)

Sound quality is 8/10. The way it fits over your ears provides added space that I'm not used to, which creates a (incredibly faint) echo effect. Otherwise it sounds pretty great, and I wouldn't have have noticed any problems if I didn't have my ~$20 Sony studio-style headphones for comparison.

I bought the P11. I tried it out and I hear a slight echo in the game sounds. Actually every sound is echoed. Mic is fine. I tried messing with the PS3 settings but to no avail. Anyone have this problem? I might have to return it and get the PS3 headset instead.

I just picked up some P11's for $30 after Pm at bb. Managed to get them with a 2 year warranty for under 15 after some rew zone certs. Seeing as my X21's snapped it may have been a good investment.

They're really light weight, but overall sound is pretty good. Definitely helps for cqb and late night gaming.

bread's done
Back