TV questions

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I've finally got some spending money and want to upgrade my tv. Right now I just have an old Panasonic LCD from like 2004. All I know is that my limit is $800, I need at least two HDMI ports, and I'd prefer it to be HD. Any suggestions? Oh, and between a 26 inch and a 42 inch.

Well from my perspective, it depends on a few other things. Do you have a Brand Preference? Resolution (1080/720)? Refresh rate (60 hz/120hz/600hz)? and finally LCD LED or Plasma?

For around $800 You can get a nice Sony Bravia 40" Ex500 (1080p/120hz). Or Probably go with Samsung and a comprable model. Those are the 2 BEST brands when It comes to TV's.

Otherwise, you could go for a lesser known brand, perhaps a Vizio/Insignia/ or something in the like. Probably get something around the same specs but maybe a little less in the quality department. It really all depends on your own preference. If there's one thing I can recommend, when you go shopping for it, step back and just look at it. Often times there'll be a picture that you may like best for yourself.

I promise im not pulling all of this out of my @$$, haha. I work at a Best Buy as a Home Theater Salesman, but I hope this helps Dude..

i have 2 42 in dynex brands look gorgeous cost me $500 each 1 is 720 with 2 hdmi ports my other is 1080p with 3 hdmi ports, both are awesome tvs. they may be a brand you can check out, ive never had an issue with either of mine

i own that vizio model- you can pick it up off walmarts website and have it site to store shipped for 649 (if they ever get it back in stock) or buy in store for 698. also picked up the sound bar for 98 to go with it. awsome tv. it's under 40 lbs and is 1 1/4" thick. also has 4 hdmi- and you can go in the menu and name each port so you know whats what- also serves as my computer monitor.

that thing about image burn was not really correct on a plasma. there were some cases of it, but nothing near what was claimed- but that can happen to any tv with misuse. plasmas real problem right now is when it breaks, getting parts to fix it- not a lot of places (at least around me) service plasma tvs.

I picked up a 32" (31.5" technically) 720p for $280 at Meijer. It has the 2 HDMI ports, so if that sounds like something you're looking for, check out your local Meijer (YMMV)

bread's done
Back