Twilight Princess Guide and Soundtrack w/ Nintendo Power Subscription

[quote name='xghostsniperx']http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...712&lastAction=ProductDisplay&orderTotal=null

I hope this wasn't posted yet. For around $20, you get a free Twilight Princess Guide along with the Twilight Princess soundtrack. Not a terrible deal for hardcore fans.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I was looking for something a little extra than just a strategy guide for signing up for a new Nintendo Power subscription.. now I've got it. Thanks!

The soundtrack seems to contain only 7 tracks (sampler?). Is there an "official" soundtrack coming or is that it? Too bad the guide ships 4 to 6 weeks after 11/19, not that I'd use the guide when I'm playing the game, but it would be nice to have together. I might bite on this though. Thx OP.

From my experience the freebies always ship almost right away. If it was guaranteed to arrive by Saturday I would jump all over this...but its not.

in for 1

nice deal.. finally nintendo has another special worth ordering.. i wait for this time each year before renewing cause usually they have a special.. 2003 was the last good one (mario kart double dash special).. this isn't too bad...

I'm tempted. The guide would be nice, I guess (once I've finished the game, that is, and hopefully it'll have good art)...I'm interested in the soundtrack, but it would suck if it really only has 7 tracks.

[quote name='haji']in for 1

nice deal.. finally nintendo has another special worth ordering.. i wait for this time each year before renewing cause usually they have a special.. 2003 was the last good one (mario kart double dash special).. this isn't too bad...[/quote]

What was the Mario Kart Double Dash special?

Hmm..not bad, you could pop the guide and soundtrack on Ebay and you'd have yourself a free Nintendo Power subscription.

By the way, they always offer a free strategy guide of your choice with your subscription. When I subscribed recently I got a free New Super Mario Bros. strategy guide. I received it and my Nintendo Power subscription very quickly. Much faster than other magazine subscriptions I have.

The Zelda: Twilight Princess Player's Guide will begin shipping the week of November 19, 2006 and will take 4-6 weeks for delivery.

The Zelda: Twilight Princess Soundtrack CD will begin shipping the week of January 22, 2007 and will take 4-6 for delivery.

I'm interested in the Soundtrack myself but I got in on the 3 years for 30 bucks so I can't complain about the magazine subscription. Shame though, I'll probably pass and try to find the OST elsewhere.

I took advantage of this deal a few days ago. I knew that I would have to wait a few weeks for the guide so it's not that surprising to me, however I am a disappointed that I will have to wait so long for the soundtrack.

The 7 tracks they listed might only be the ones in the beginning areas. They probably won't list the rest of the Track List as it might contain spoilers. Plus not sure if this Soundtrack will have all the songs for the game. I might be importing the soundtrack instead.

[quote name='Voltorb']The 7 tracks they listed might only be the ones in the beginning areas. They probably won't list the rest of the Track List as it might contain spoilers. Plus not sure if this Soundtrack will have all the songs for the game. I might be importing the soundtrack instead.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think they are just listing a few of tracks on the CD. But even if that is not the case I think the deal is still worth while.

you guys think this stacks if you renew your MVP from Gamecrazy? I hate the magazine, but it does have nice posters in it occasionally.

[quote name='sandrokstar']you guys think this stacks if you renew your MVP from Gamecrazy? I hate the magazine, but it does have nice posters in it occasionally.[/quote]Unless GameCrazy uses a regular subscription card where you can choose your free gift (this is just one of the options, not something that everyone will get), no.

[quote name='Voltorb']The 7 tracks they listed might only be the ones in the beginning areas. They probably won't list the rest of the Track List as it might contain spoilers. Plus not sure if this Soundtrack will have all the songs for the game. I might be importing the soundtrack instead.[/quote]

Don't be surprised, though, if it is only 7 tracks total. There have been other Nintendo promo CDs that were short. Donkey Konga comes to mind, and I am sure there are others. (Many cos. have short CDs for promos also.)

Even if the soundtrack has just 7 i'm fine with it since I already needed to renew my subscription so good deal anyways too bad it ships out to you on January 22, but atleast i'll be getting it.

I hope the official soundtrack will be for sell on play-asia or something like that I would buy it right away though I still need to buy the okami, and other zelda soundtracks =\.

Im in! Thanks op. I plan on dumping the soundtrack on ebay and try to get the mag & strat guide for free. I cant wait to get my first issue. I dont think Ive so much as flipped thru a Nin Power issue since the snes days.

I thought I bump this for those that are finding they can get a bundleless-Wii on the web sooner than they thought. It's a pretty damn decent deal.

well if you wait til you buy the Wii, it comes w/ an offer for a keychain of a Wii remote w/ a built in light! haha, decisions decisions

Went for the CD & Strategy guide. Haven't seen a Nintendo Power since the SNES days. Hopefully it isn't still garbage like back then.

I might jump on this. Last time I subscribed to Nintendo Power it was so I could get the free Zelda CE disc for Gamecube (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and original NES Zelda)... best deal ever.

My strat guide and CD arrived in the mail today. I'm a bit disappointed with the soundtrack. The whole thing is only 16 and a half minutes long with the longest of the seven tracks being just over 3 minutes. Can't complain too much because it was free but if you're thinking of doing this just for the CD then you might want to reconsider.

16 minutes long? So is there only 7 tracks? Also does the CD come in a Wii Sports cardboard sleeve or is it a CD case? Thanks. And strategy guide impressions? Cool maps? Artwork?

[quote name='Kendro']16 minutes long? So is there only 7 tracks? Also does the CD come in a Wii Sports cardboard sleeve or is it a CD case? Thanks. And strategy guide impressions? Cool maps? Artwork?[/quote]
Yes, just the 7 tracks, most of which are the different region themes that just fade out on the CD when they start to loop. It comes in a cardboard sleeve that's even a little less fancy than the Wii Sports one... it doesn't fold open, it's just a slip-in pocket type. Art work on it is from the game cover with Link's head on one side of the sleeve and the wolf head on the other.
Here's the track list from the back:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Orchestra Piece #2
  2. Hyrule Field Main Theme
  3. Orodon Village
  4. Kakariko Village
  5. Death Mountain
  6. Midna's Theme
  7. Ilia's Theme

The strategy guide is the same one as in the stores, with the shiny cover. I haven't looked it over too much because I want to play the majority of the game without it but it seems to be a very average guide. A couple pages with good art work up front but the rest is all business. There's a small fold-out poster in the back but no fancy full map to hang on your wall like I was hoping for. The maps are basic overhead solid color drawings at the beginning of each section. There is also a small separate section in the back with maps for the gamecube version which, as most know, are mirrored from the Wii version.

[quote name='Corvin']Went for the CD & Strategy guide. Haven't seen a Nintendo Power since the SNES days. Hopefully it isn't still garbage like back then.[/quote]

Its still pretty much garbage, but its better than SNES days.

I subscribed to get the Zelda disk for GC and for some other reason lately too...its so hard to read since everything is geared for kids and all Nintendo titles are great. Reviews are generally biased, but that's not surprising since its an "official" magazine.

Its only worth it for the free stuff....to bad the free stuff in the US sucks.

TBW

Well, I recieved mine today.

The actual guide is ok. I liked the artwork and the poster is pretty cool. I was dissapointed that there isn't a huge foldout map or anything. The actual walkthrough is pretty mediocre if you're looking for a really detailed guide--the Nintendo Power guides are moreso guidelines and hints rather than a full out step-by-step walkthrough.

The soundtrack is what I expected. A cheap cardboard case (with pretty cool black and white artwork) and a fairly cheap looking cover on the CD. Seven tracks, not too bad but nothing phenominal.

For a 12-month suscription, a strategy guide, and a mini-soundtrack I'd say it's well worth $20. I mean, the guide itself is $15.

What happened to giving away games as a premium? This is weak. I'm surprised traditional video game mags still sell at all. I haven't touched one since the demise of Game Players.

I don't need the guide so I was looking at these items along with a subscription.

Keychain Light - Miniature Wii Remote (Begins shipping week of January 22, 2007)

Mario Kart DS T-shirt (Size Adult L)

Zelda: Four Swords Adventures T-Shirt (Adult Size Large)

But then I checked ebay and am tempted by this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Power-Magazine-1-Year-Subscription-NEW_W0QQitemZ280052030511QQihZ018QQcategoryZ82147QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Only problem is that shipping starts in 6-12 weeks instead of 4-6 from Nintendo. I've bought cheap magazine subscriptions from Ebay before and they have always come. So I may just do this.

so on Kotaku they posted that someone bought a $39.99 Twilight Princess soundtrack at Target. Has anyone else found/bought this?

[quote name='zuldane']so on Kotaku they posted that someone bought a $39.99 Twilight Princess soundtrack at Target. Has anyone else found/bought this?[/quote]

probably talking about this. It comes with a soundtrack.

[quote name='melvoin']What happened to giving away games as a premium? This is weak. I'm surprised traditional video game mags still sell at all. I haven't touched one since the demise of Game Players.[/QUOTE]

You mean that one game Dragon Warrior for the NES? I don't recall ANY other games being given away besides that one game 15+ years ago.

[quote name='JOELPATRICK']I don't need the guide so I was looking at these items along with a subscription.

Keychain Light - Miniature Wii Remote (Begins shipping week of January 22, 2007)

Mario Kart DS T-shirt (Size Adult L)

Zelda: Four Swords Adventures T-Shirt (Adult Size Large)

But then I checked ebay and am tempted by this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Power-Magazine-1-Year-Subscription-NEW_W0QQitemZ280052030511QQihZ018QQcategoryZ82147QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Only problem is that shipping starts in 6-12 weeks instead of 4-6 from Nintendo. I've bought cheap magazine subscriptions from Ebay before and they have always come. So I may just do this.[/quote] Your Nintendo links don't work because they're Javascript but I know what you're talking about. I've been subscribing just for the freebees and usually choose the shirts because you don't find them elsewhere. Last year I got the Mario Kart DS shirt... it's nice but not one of my favorites.

I don't see why you'd pay $9.98 for the subscription on ebay though. I think the guide/CD or a T-shirt are definitely worth the extra $10. Plus you avoid dealing with potential ebay problems.

[quote name='gizmogc']You mean that one game Dragon Warrior for the NES? I don't recall ANY other games being given away besides that one game 15+ years ago.[/quote]
The Zelda Collector's Edition from I think 3 years ago.
Best - Giveaway - EVER!

[quote name='6669']So I'm guessing this is the same CD sampler that comes with the Target Collectors thingy.[/quote]
The Target CD that comes with the miniature sword and shield actually has one less track than this one. If I remember right, the one missing is "Orodon Village".

[quote name='avatar94']

I don't see why you'd pay $9.98 for the subscription on ebay though. I think the guide/CD or a T-shirt are definitely worth the extra $10. Plus you avoid dealing with potential ebay problems.
[/quote]

True, didn't see the shipping costs. Usually most ebayers don't charge shipping for magazines, good call.

bread's done
Back