Two free XBLA games for Xbox 360 consoles purchased between 8/8/06 - 09/15/07

[quote name='JWK']WTF? I'm going to contact them today and see what is up here.

I really don't care if it's two shitty games; they told me that they would give me two games by 9/30 in appreciation for me buying a Xbox 360. It's the principle of the matter.[/quote]

Did you buy a 360 because they were going to give you two free XLA games?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Did you buy a 360 because they were going to give you two free XLA games?[/quote]What difference does that make? Did you even read his post? It's the principle of the thing which I fully agree with.

Maybe someone goofed and they didn't realize the 30th was a Sunday and we'll get these flowing in sometime today.

[quote name='daroga']What difference does that make? Did you even read his post? It's the principle of the thing which I fully agree with.
[/quote]

But they're giving them out for free and unless someone bought a 360 just to get those free games, then why does it matter?

So they are a day late giving out free games, big deal. If you're so worked up over not getting free games right on time, then you will be constantly disappointed throughout your life.

It's free, you paid no money to get those games. As long as we get them it shouldn't really matter.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']But they're giving them out for free and unless someone bought a 360 just to get those free games, then why does it matter?

So they are a day late giving out free games, big deal. If you're so worked up over not getting free games right on time, then you will be constantly disappointed throughout your life.

It's free, you paid no money to get those games. As long as we get them it shouldn't really matter.[/QUOTE]

I realize that these are free games, but I still stand by the principle of the matter. I'm not really worked up about it; I just think they should honor their commitment. It's annoying.

And this is coming from someone that actually really likes Microsoft.

[quote name='JWK']I realize that these are free games, but I still stand by the principle of the matter. I'm not really worked up about it; I just think they should honor their commitment. It's annoying.[/quote]

But it hasn't even been a full day past yet though. It's one thing to be upset if months have passed and no one has gotten anything, but to get upset that they are over 10 hours late giving out two free games is absurd.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']But it hasn't even been a full day past yet though. It's one thing to be upset if months have passed and no one has gotten anything, but to get upset that they are over 10 hours late giving out two free games is absurd.[/QUOTE]

to dick around with your customers by offering free stuff in exchange for their serial number is absurd. They said "by" September 30th, not "on" September 30th.

If they offer something, they should follow up on it and people have a right to question why it isn't here yet. I don't get why people defend corporations...

IIRC, they were late with the codes from the previous promotion. I wasn't expecting them by their specified date.

Still, it is very annoying. Don't even put a date up if you can't get them out by then.

These "minor" promotions never get Microsoft's full attention anyway. Remember Xbox Rewards? Actually, I hope it's not like Xbox Rewards. That piece of shit program only had one contest and has been in limbo ever since.

We'll get the games, just not on any sort of concrete schedule.

Yea I havent gotten anything yet my wife brought me my elite for our anniversary Sept 4th i went to sign up and no email yet crossing fingers now ^_^

[quote name='crunchb3rry']These "minor" promotions never get Microsoft's full attention anyway. Remember Xbox Rewards? Actually, I hope it's not like Xbox Rewards. That piece of shit program only had one contest and has been in limbo ever since.

We'll get the games, just not on any sort of concrete schedule.[/quote]

Is that anything like the Xbox Live Diamond card? I finally got mine in the mail about a week ago. The deals are absolutely garbage and you can find them all online anyone by doing a simple coupon search.

Tagging for later, I can't sign in while I'm in the SAN lab. Thanks op!

I gotta agree on the Diamond Card.. it kind of seems like a promotional tool that MS just forgot about. Whenever I've tried to use it, I get the "what the hell that is?" kind of response.

[quote name='Skylander7']Tagging for later, I can't sign in while I'm in the SAN lab. Thanks op!

I gotta agree on the Diamond Card.. it kind of seems like a promotional tool that MS just forgot about. Whenever I've tried to use it, I get the "what the hell that is?" kind of response.[/quote]

I sent away for a diamond card over a year and a half ago, never got anything. When I worked at C - city someone tryed to use it and the managers said no, since they didn't know what it was and thought the guy had made it up. :lol:

Has anyone heard anything yet? It is now past the September 30th "deadline", and I have not heard anything as of yet.

Thanks!

Chris

I did this offer a week before christmas last year and the free games you get are Frogger and Joust.

I didn't get the e-mail with the free game codes till at least Feb. or March, so thats a good 2-3months i waited

[quote name='crunchb3rry']The Diamond Card is great for when you lock yourself out of the house...that's about it.[/QUOTE]
lol thanks for telling the world you got shitty locks :applause:

Lol, I always thought that was an urban myth. Can you really open a lock with them? I tried once when I was a kid with a preapproved card my parents got in the mail but it snapped in half. I figure a knife would work better.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Lol, I always thought that was an urban myth. Can you really open a lock with them? I tried once when I was a kid with a preapproved card my parents got in the mail but it snapped in half. I figure a knife would work better.[/QUOTE]
Try it in big public buildings. It always worked in my high school and library. Only certain kind of locks really. Most doors in office type buildings work but for main doors, entrances, the lock isn't cardable.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Lol, I always thought that was an urban myth. Can you really open a lock with them? I tried once when I was a kid with a preapproved card my parents got in the mail but it snapped in half. I figure a knife would work better.[/QUOTE]
Knives are too thick. Are card will only work on really shitty or badly adjusted locks. Basically you need to be able to get the angled part of the bolt. A decent lock will seat much too far. If you're really patient you can do it with two cards, one on the top and bottom. You can wiggle the bolt back with one and hold your progress with the other. It's not something I'd recommend, there's usually much better ways to get where you want. I just had a lot of time home alone as a kid.

You just need a long pick with a tiny hook on the end. When you put it in the lock, you'll get a side view-- you just push up all the things and the lock will be free to turn.

er, wait, no, that's oblvion.

I did one of these promos a long while ago and it took them FOREVER to send my codes. They gave me Robotron, Joust, and Frogger...

Just like the rest, Joust and Robotron. I was flipping through my Gamecube collection the other day and realized that pretty much all the Midway games on XBLA are also on the Midway Arcade Treasures collection. Makes me glad I didn't pay for any of those games on the 360.

bread's done
Back