Two questions for our clan members.

Trakan

Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
1. Which Xbox Controller do you use?

2. Do you use inverted or regular?

I'm just curious. I used the Duke alot while I played Halo 1, and switched over when I finally bought one. Now, it's the only controller I can use. I love the smaller trigger buttong and grips on the thumbsticks. Also, I use the regular setting, not inverted.

[quote name='jlarlee']Controller s and regular[/quote]

logitech precision when offline...must...get...wireless...communicator

I tried the Precision wireless controller and took it back, the right analog stick was much too loose, and Logitech said it was defective.

Been using the Controller S with the exception for one week and love it. Regular layout, as well.

controller s, and inverted. in my experience with my friends and such, people who don't use inverted end up being more limited in terms of how good they can get at basic movement and aiming.

I absolutely despise the Duke. Some people think it's the cock-of-the-walk. I'm here to tell you that it is cock-of NOTHING.

Controller S, inverted, normal button layout.

Any Southpaws in the clan?

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']controller s, and inverted. in my experience with my friends and such, people who don't use inverted end up being more limited in terms of how good they can get at basic movement and aiming.[/quote]

Could you elaborate on that for me, rock? How're they limited in not using inverted?

not trying to hijack the thread, but does anyone rember the 800 ways you could configure your controls in Goldeneye 64. after logging over 1000 hours, i switched to the double control scheme where you used two controllers at once to play.

Controller S (Green Halo one, which, combined with the Halo 2 headset, grants me special powers)
I'm using the preverted aim...thats where i aim at your niznacks.

Blue Controller S and regular

I'm also with gaelan in that I desperately want a decent wireless headset to go with my offline-only Logitech Precision Wireless

For those of you who plan to go full wireless, you might want to take a stroll through the Logitech forums and see some of the bitching and complaining from people (including myself) who had both the wireless controller and headset and took them both back.

I'd suggest looking through the forums there before you jump on buying the pair.

I use the Controller S and inverted.

Does anyone use that "Auto Centering" option? I think that's what it is called.

[quote name='Boc3phus']I use the Controller S and inverted.

Does anyone use that "Auto Centering" option? I think that's what it is called.[/quote]

That's what it's called. And no, never been a fan of it.

Also, just noticed that you're in DFW, just like a dozen or so other members of this clan. :wink:

I use the Gamester "Fps Master Controller" Now that I've been using it I can't use a regular controller as good as I can the Master controller. It gets especially difficult when i go to my friends houses and i have to bring my own controller or else I play like crap. and I use regular I can't stand inverted.

Edit: Woohoo LEdhed one away from 5000 posts! I wonder what you'll waste it on :wink:

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Boc3phus']I use the Controller S and inverted.

Does anyone use that "Auto Centering" option? I think that's what it is called.[/quote]

That's what it's called. And no, never been a fan of it.

Also, just noticed that you're in DFW, just like a dozen or so other members of this clan. :wink:[/quote]

Damn Texan invasion.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']controller s, and inverted. in my experience with my friends and such, people who don't use inverted end up being more limited in terms of how good they can get at basic movement and aiming.[/quote]

Could you elaborate on that for me, rock? How're they limited in not using inverted?[/quote]

hmm, i guess it's kinda tough to explain. it's just always felt to me like using inverted controls (which i thought 95% of people used - apparently i'm mistaken) allowed for a very smooth learning curve that levels out pretty quickly, instead of being a steady climb upwards, infinitely. like, when i get a new game and start playing with friends of mine, whoever doesn't choose inverted only gets so good, and then everyone else passes them up in a couple of sessions. basically, default is easy to learn, and you'll be decent at it forever, but if you want to keep improving infinitely, inverted is the way to go. still not well-explained, i know, but i really have no idea how to explain it any better heh.

Bad-ass blue Controller S with an inverted setup and regular button layout.

And hey, since we've got so many DFW guys here, I'm thinkin' a LAN party has potential...

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']LEdhed one away from 5000 posts! I wonder what you'll waste it on :wink:[/quote]

I didn't even notice.

... I guess that answers your question. :wink:

[quote name='Arikado']Bad-ass blue Controller S with an inverted setup and regular button layout.

And hey, since we've got so many DFW guys here, I'm thinkin' a LAN party has potential...[/quote]

Wow, I'm 2/3rds of Arikado, since I have a blue Controller S and use the regular layout. :D

DUKKKKKEEEEE...& regular controls. I've been this way since Halo and have no reason to change. Rock...do you honestly believe your refelxes can improve with inverted controls. I think that most people reach about the same plateau.

Duke, Inverted, Legacy controls. Auto Center
Classic Goldeneye/Perfect Dark so i have plenty of practice with the control scheme. that way when I picked up Halo 1 I was already good. it was awesome.

[quote name='Girion47']Duke, Inverted, Legacy controls. Auto Center[/quote]

That makes you 3/4 insane. :lol: I'll never get you Legacy/Southpaws. I tried both of them once; I forgot who I was and where I was. Never again.

[quote name='Ledhed']I absolutely despise the Duke. Some people think it's the cock-of-the-walk. I'm here to tell you that it is cock-of NOTHING.

Any Southpaws in the clan?[/quote]

Im half a southpaw i eat and write with the left but I play sports with my right

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Ledhed']I absolutely despise the Duke. Some people think it's the cock-of-the-walk. I'm here to tell you that it is cock-of NOTHING.

Any Southpaws in the clan?[/quote]

Im half a southpaw i eat and write with the left but I play sports with my right[/quote]

thats how i am jlarlee. i've only met a few people that are like that.

on topic, i used the duke and regular.

LED go back and play some Goldeneye on default controls. its crazy. and then come play Halo on Legacy.

Controller S - Inverted - 6 senitivity, I didnt know so many ppl used regular controls. I cant even function playing with regular contols, maybe my brains wired all wrong.

[quote name='Girion47']LED go back and play some Goldeneye on default controls. its crazy. and then come play Halo on Legacy.[/quote]

I never used default. I always used the "Turok" set-up: C buttons for strafing, and the stick for aiming. When controllers with two analogs became the norm, I had to un-learn that style and basically swap my strafing/aiming hands.

I will give you this though: the best XB Halo 1 player I've ever met used Legacy.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Renegade_Zero']LEdhed one away from 5000 posts! I wonder what you'll waste it on :wink:[/quote]

I didn't even notice.

... I guess that answers your question. :wink:[/quote]

My 3000th slipped by without even a whimper. :applause:

[quote name='Arikado']Bad-ass blue Controller S with an inverted setup and regular button layout.

And hey, since we've got so many DFW guys here, I'm thinkin' a LAN party has potential...[/quote]

I agree. A LAN party definitely has potential. Any other DFW area members agree?

[quote name='Boc3phus']I agree. A LAN party definitely has potential. Any other DFW area members agree?[/quote]

You got one vote right here. Arikado, his brothers and I get together every two weeks or so to play. sj41, formerly of the CAG clan, is in DFW as well. Grave_Addiction is in Wichita Falls. Definitely sounds like a possibility at some point.

Japanese controller S (the one with the green jewel and the more responsive buttons!), inverted, look sensitivity at 9.
Once I got that Japanese controller, I could never go back - the buttons just feel like butter.

I'm just working on the learning curve with the FPS Master- its taking some time with teh weapon switching and pickups but my aim and melees are vastly improved and faster. I imagine when I have reached my full potential with it I will never go back to the regular controller. I also have my melee and scope switched since I melee alot and rarely snipe.

bread's done
Back