Two Worlds 2 Royal Edition (top edition) // GameStop exclusive items

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!
If the Royal Edition wasn't limited in the US, I wouldn't
have posted this. Of course, with limited releases,
once they're gone, the price will go up, so I'm helping
you save money by buying it now. That's how I justify
this post.

Amazon.com (US)(Amazon.com third party seller = developer?)

PC / MAC :pc:

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-Ro..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1295069896&sr=1-4

360 :360:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...c?ie=UTF8&qid=1295069896&sr=1-2&condition=new

PS3 :ps3:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...c?ie=UTF8&qid=1295069896&sr=1-5&condition=new

Notice of limited quantities in the US
(concerning the Royal Edition on all platforms)
http://www.topware.com/store/pc/two_worlds_II_royal.php

GameStop (US)(GameStop pre-order exclusives)
// The regular edition includes a weapon and a level,
// and from the looks of it, they're different from what
// the Royal Edition includes. The RE's pages doesn't
// mention them, but since they are downloadable,
// they can still e-mail you the code, but they don't
// mention it on their page.
:wall:

// In case it wasn't clear, Topware/Zuxxez have their own
// exclusive DLC, different from what GameStop is offering.

Royal Edition (360)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=89695

Royal Edition (PS3)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=89696

Concerning peoples who want the RE goodies, but
want to play the game on the PC

So, if you want the RE, and have a PC, your best bet is
to get it at Amazon. Otherwise, get a console version
at GameStop, sell the game, and keep the goodies.

Amazon.de (Germany release)(more details below)

http://www.amazon.de/TopWare-Entert...R5SO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295070209&sr=8-1

Concerning US peoples using Amazon.de

People from the US can order from Amazon.de.
Just log in using your US account, navigate
as you would on the US website, and you're
good. There is one additional page, I think.
Use Google Translate, if you get lost.

Concerning US people getting the 360 Germany release

Unless you have a modded 360, I don't think that
the German version will work in a US 360. It does
have the English version on the disc, I think,
so for playing the game on a modded 360,
good, but as far as the extras (physical goodies)
are concerned, I don't know if they come in
English or German.

Concerning US peoples getting the PC Germany release

I don't know if the PC version is region locked. I wasn't
aware of a region locking being popular with PC games,
but a few do have them. Just like the 360 release,
it has the English language option, along with a handful
of other languages (on the same page as the notice of limited
quantities). Of course, the extras may not be in English.

Kudos to TopWare for making the game friendly for
people with older PC's.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']So I decided to go down and preorder the Royal edition. I figure I'll sell the stuff I dont want on ebay (DLC codes, since they'll fetch a nice price I imagine). This will also give me sometime to wait for some of the first reviews to drop[/QUOTE]
I was thinking of this too as I had never thought of it before, but saw that people were selling codes from the AC:B and other CEs.

[quote name='wrencrest']I was thinking of this too as I had never thought of it before, but saw that people were selling codes from the AC:B and other CEs.[/QUOTE]
There is good money to be made off CE/LE DLC. I sold the Black Ops zombie maps for $50, the halo reach flaming helmet and pelican avatar prop for $50, people will pay out the ass for these types of DLC. With this was being as limited as they say, could be some money to be made.

[quote name='Brother Daz']There is good money to be made off CE/LE DLC. I sold the Black Ops zombie maps for $50, the halo reach flaming helmet and pelican avatar prop for $50, people will pay out the ass for these types of DLC. With this was being as limited as they say, could be some money to be made.[/QUOTE]
When they spend $50 for the items, why wouldnt they just spend another $50 to get the whole package and game? I would assume these people play the game, otherwise why would you want DLC and items pertaining to it? It seems weird to me...but whateva playa, get yo money! :cool:

at the above post maybe its because they will wait on a price drop of the regular edition then use the dlc or in Halo Reach's case maybe they dont want the helmet but just the dlc and the game.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Id get it if I thought the game itself was going to be any good. Edit: The video on Amazon does make it look pretty cool. fuck, now I have to have an hour long debate with myself and look up info on this to see if it's actually not going to suck.[/QUOTE]apparently the game runs smooth as butter too, 60fps in those huge environments. My only question is what is the combat like, dragon age or demons souls style? if its like dragon age then forget it, dragon age was boring imo, dont even get me started on the Witcher combat lol

[quote name='Archfiend']apparently the game runs smooth as butter too, 60fps in those huge environments. My only question is what is the combat like, dragon age or demons souls style? if its like dragon age then forget it, dragon age was boring imo, dont even get me started on the Witcher combat lol[/QUOTE]I've never played demons souls, but I know its nothing like DA's combat

[quote name='Brother Daz']I've never played demons souls, but I know its nothing like DA's combat[/QUOTE]

It's doubtful that it plays as tight as DS. From the videos Two Worlds 2's combat looks very... meh, for lack of a better word.

Did GameStop change the release date of the Royal Edition,
or was it always February 2nd?

// I know that the coloring is cheesy, but I had to try it.

I ordered the Two worlds 2 royal edition from amazon on 13 Jan 2011. It was sold by topware interactive. They only charged me $8.99 for shipping. I went on there site and if I order from them shipping would be $15.00. They shipped it by fedex 18 Jan 2011 and said it should arrive 20 Jan 2011-25 Jan 2011. I guess I will have to wait and see.

I tried to pickup my preorder last night from GS and they said they aren't receiving the royal edition until Friday now.

[quote name='sekser']I tried to pickup my preorder last night from GS and they said they aren't receiving the royal edition until Friday now.[/QUOTE]
Its been known for a while now that the 4th is the release date for the royal edition.

I don't want to sound as negative as I usually do but seriously? Why buy this now? I played through the first and got like 970 of the achievements. I even plan on buying two worlds 2. The first was pretty bad but it was fun in a cheeseball way. I've heard a bunch of podcasts that reviewed this one and while most indicate it is a better game, it seems like it is more of the same.

I have a feeling this game will be half price in a couple of months and by black Friday 10 bucks somewhere (if not earlier on a clearance rack). I don't want to shit on people, I just don't get the appeal of buying it early. When games like mass effect 2 and alan wake are 20 bucks in less than a year, why buy a game like this one now?

[quote name='typical guy']I don't want to sound as negative as I usually do but seriously? Why buy this now? I played through the first and got like 970 of the achievements. I even plan on buying two worlds 2. The first was pretty bad but it was fun in a cheeseball way. I've heard a bunch of podcasts that reviewed this one and while most indicate it is a better game, it seems like it is more of the same.

I have a feeling this game will be half price in a couple of months and by black Friday 10 bucks somewhere (if not earlier on a clearance rack). I don't want to shit on people, I just don't get the appeal of buying it early. When games like mass effect 2 and alan wake are 20 bucks in less than a year, why buy a game like this one now?[/QUOTE]

I can only speak for myself but sometimes I purchase a game at full just to support the developers. Take Magicka for instance, I bought that one knowing full well it was full of bugs and obviously will go on sale at some point, but I bought it cause it had outside the box gameplay and I like to support that. I know we are all CAG's but sometimes I like to just put my cash down and support something.

[quote name='typical guy']I have a feeling this game will be half price in a couple of months and by black Friday 10 bucks somewhere (if not earlier on a clearance rack).[/QUOTE]

See you in November.

[quote name='typical guy']I don't want to sound as negative as I usually do but seriously? Why buy this now? I played through the first and got like 970 of the achievements. I even plan on buying two worlds 2. The first was pretty bad but it was fun in a cheeseball way. I've heard a bunch of podcasts that reviewed this one and while most indicate it is a better game, it seems like it is more of the same.

I have a feeling this game will be half price in a couple of months and by black Friday 10 bucks somewhere (if not earlier on a clearance rack). I don't want to shit on people, I just don't get the appeal of buying it early. When games like mass effect 2 and alan wake are 20 bucks in less than a year, why buy a game like this one now?[/QUOTE]

Maybe people are looking to actually play the game and not just wait until it's dropped in price.. I bought the UK version from gogamer a few weeks ago. It's a pretty awesome game.

I realize i'm posting this on cheapassgamer, but if you enjoy the game franchise you should buy it for full price to help support the developer. If everyone just waits until it drops to 10 bucks then it's likely you won't see another Two Worlds sequel.

[quote name='Destromas']See you in November.[/QUOTE]

I waited till November 2010 to get mass effect 2, Alan wake, borderlands, fallout 3, and a few others.

Despite my patience, don't you think two worlds 2 will be 20 bucks in may?

I have a feeling this game will be half price in a couple of months and by black Friday 10 bucks somewhere (if not earlier on a clearance rack). I don't want to shit on people, I just don't get the appeal of buying it early. When games like mass effect 2 and alan wake are 20 bucks in less than a year, why buy a game like this one now?
I think in this particular case people are looking at the collectors edition, which is probably going to be rather limited in production.

I know we are all CAG's but sometimes I like to just put my cash down and support something.
I usually agree with that sentiment, but not really in this particular case. The game seems to be getting a bit of a pass because its a smalltime dev making a game with AAA ambitions but I don't really think that excuses the game's transgressions... I can't really bring myself to say something like "this frame rate is terrible, but bless their hearts!"

If you are looking to play online, you are going to find a more robust community at launch vs. 6 plus months later.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Its been known for a while now that the 4th is the release date for the royal edition.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you ordered from Amazon/Topware, the ship date was the same as the regular edition, last Tuesday. I know mine showed up on Saturday via FedEx.

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']If you aren't looking for the Royal Edition, then Kmart has it this week for $40. :)[/QUOTE]

it was actually advertised as a cag only sale, the kmart rep only posted it here but eventually it spread so it is kind of old news. Also the stock guy said most stores only had 2-3 copies because it wasn't an advertised on the blog or flyer sale...

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']If you aren't looking for the Royal Edition, then Kmart has it this week for $40. :)[/QUOTE]
So are you kidding or did you get the Royal Edition (and not the standard edition) for $40?

lol reread his post he said if you DONT care about the royal edition then kmart has the regular for 40$. im getting 2 copies of the royal edition. i did the same with demon souls(bought 3 of those) the company specified it was going to be a 1st print run only limited edition. worst case i can bring back before 30 days but i see this being rare.

So I shouldn't be worried that Gamestop hasnt shipped my royal edition yet? I tried calling them earlier today but they were closed because of the snow storms. I really hate gamestop, if I would have known Amazon was offering it from the Dev instead of just a random 3rd party I would have ordered it from them.

[quote name='Knoell']So I shouldn't be worried that Gamestop hasnt shipped my royal edition yet? I tried calling them earlier today but they were closed because of the snow storms. I really hate gamestop, if I would have known Amazon was offering it from the Dev instead of just a random 3rd party I would have ordered it from them.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped sometime yesterday, February 2nd.

Do you know if it wasn't the dev, or were you not sure?
I wasn't sure.

To anyone who ordered the Royal Edition from GameStop:
did they send you the DLC codes? They didn't mention
it on the Royal Edition's page, but figured that they
may have forgotten it.

I sent them an e-mail, using the address found in my notice
of shipment, asking if they intend to send it or not.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Mine shipped sometime yesterday, February 2nd.

Do you know if it wasn't the dev, or were you not sure?
I wasn't sure.[/QUOTE]

When I was looking for where I could preorder it, I searched it on amazon, and it looked as if someone was reselling it. It had the 1 new 0 used thing. I didn't even look at who was selling it. So I settled for gamestop.

this is pretty much what I saw. http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-Ro...V12K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296723772&sr=8-1 I didnt even bother clicking on the "1 new" before I went to gamestop. It is the developer selling it though. Here is a link to their store. http://www.topware.com/store/

I just checked it again, and it says it has shipped and will be here friday! Now let's hope the "while supplies last" doesn't affect my preorder bonuses. I always have that problem with gamestop. Part of why I hate them.

[quote name='Knoell']I just checked it again, and it says it has shipped and will be here friday! Now let's hope the "while supplies last" doesn't affect my preorder bonuses. I always have that problem with gamestop. Part of why I hate them.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the physical goodies, or the GS DLC?

That would be BS if they actually had a limit on the
store's DLC.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Are you referring to the physical goodies, or the GS DLC?

That would be BS if they actually had a limit on the
store's DLC.[/QUOTE]

I used to preorder all my games at gamestop. The problem was that I worked midnights, so I couldn't go to the midnight launches. Then gamestop started telling me when I came in the next day that they were all out of the preorder bonuses. I wouldn't be so butt hurt over it if I didn't see them handing them out like candy to all types of random people at the midnight releases I did make it to. I called and complained and they gave me the fine print line, "while supplies last". So now I order from Amazon, my games appear at my door with everything they are supposed to, and I have not had a single problem.

[quote name='Knoell']I used to preorder all my games at gamestop. The problem was that I worked midnights, so I couldn't go to the midnight launches. Then gamestop started telling me when I came in the next day that they were all out of the preorder bonuses. I wouldn't be so butt hurt over it if I didn't see them handing them out like candy to all types of random people at the midnight releases I did make it to. I called and complained and they gave me the fine print line, "while supplies last". So now I order from Amazon, my games appear at my door with everything they are supposed to, and I have not had a single problem.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'll never forget the day a GS Employee said, oh you got the last pre-order bonus left.

I am like what do you mean? I pre-ordered this game weeks ago. The guy said whatever we get is what we get...

Haven't pre-ordered a single thing from GS since.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Yup, I'll never forget the day a GS Employee said, oh you got the last pre-order bonus left.

I am like what do you mean? I pre-ordered this game weeks ago. The guy said whatever we get is what we get...

Haven't pre-ordered a single thing from GS since.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I have had that one too. I also had one in which I bought Turning Point (a terrible dissapointment), and the guy gives me the game and I am about to leave, and he looks behind the counter and says "hey you want this?" which just happened to be the envalope of preorder bonuses. I don't even think he knew I should have it. It was like a freebie he was giving out.

http://collectorsedition.org/uploads/2008/02/tpfolpp_360_e.jpg

It was loaded with fairly cool preorder stuff, I liked the preorder bonuses better than the game lol.

Anyone else get theirs yet? I called my store, but the 1 moron that works there had no idea what I was talking about. :bomb:

So I have to call when the manager or one of the compentent employees is working.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Anyone else get theirs yet? I called my store, but the 1 moron that works there had no idea what I was talking about. :bomb:

So I have to call when the manager or one of the compentent employees is working.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop close to me received their shipment in todaym so I picked mine up.

GEDC4841.jpg

I called my store today so i didn't make a pointless trip. The dude just got his shipment for the day, opened up all the boxes while i was on the phone and couldn't find them. When a computer was open he checked the system and said that it gave them a window that it would be in sometime today through the seventh.

They do limit bonus items for some reason, kinda pisses me off. One of the managers at the store I go to is cool though and if you pre-order the collectors edition he sets one aside with it. Its nice that they started printing the DLC codes so you definitely get them

found this over at ps3T: copy and paste below:

Here is the complete list from what was gathered thus far.

Labyrinth Level - 2103-4444-8899-8770
Dragon Armor - 4149-3083-9823-6545
Elexorien (Sword)- 3542-3274-8350-6064
Labyrinth. Map: 6972-5760-7685-8477
Hammer - 6231-1890-4345-5988
1h Mace: 3654-0091-3399-0994
Axe - 1775-3623-3298-1928
Anathros(Sword) - 6770-8976-1634-9490
Luciendar (Sword) - 9122-5287-3591-0927

Not sure about these because they have the same code but a different description from what I have. Can some one confirm these, and maybe the OP could copy the list and paste it to his first post.

Scroll bonus map: 6972-5760-7685-8477
Two-handed hammer: 3654-0091-3399-0994

Looks like the codes work for all Two World 2 copies, PC, XBOX, PS3.

[quote name='Knoell']I got mine yesterday via UPS from gamestop. I really like effort they put into this collectors edition.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen any sign of the GameStop DLC? I haven't
tried the above codes, yet, but I'd still like it if they
included them. Were they e-mailed, or were they
send in the package?

I pre-ordered mine from GameStop's website too. Looks like my package will get here on Monday. I never received an e-mail with any DLC codes either.

American L.E. stuff hardly ever goes up in price + games in general don't really hold a money value anymore; only value they really have is sentimental value now a days.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Have you seen any sign of the GameStop DLC? I haven't
send in the package?[/QUOTE]

I got codes for something inside the actual two worlds box, I haven't made sure they are the right ones though.

[quote name='Knoell']I got codes for something inside the actual two worlds box, I haven't made sure they are the right ones though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='scott_matthews']I pre-ordered mine from GameStop's website too. Looks like my package will get here on Monday. I never received an e-mail with any DLC codes either.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GlassAgate']Have you seen any sign of the GameStop DLC? I haven't
send in the package?[/QUOTE]

(a) The codes in the box are a separate set of codes from
Topware/Zuxxez. More below, after (c)

(b) Did you get the Royal Edition? More below, after (c)

(c) The codes in the Royal Edition are from Topware/Zuxxez.
GameStop should have sent you your codes.

Okay, in your shipment confirmation e-mail, there should be
a line:

If you have any questions about your order, please contact us by sending an email to: [email protected]

I sent an e-mail to them. I got two replies: one stating that
they were looking into the matter, and the second being
my codes.

They don't match the codes posted a few posts up from this
one. I wonder if those aren't for the PS3 version?

Anywho, after I get my code entered, I'll post them. They
might be one time use, or they might be generic, useful
for anyone who wants one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I am very confused. Regardless of the sequel's quality, how the hell did Two Worlds sell well enough to justify one?[/QUOTE]

You do know there was a collector's version for the first one too, right? (not nearly as fancy as this one for part 2, but still a CE)

[quote name='GlassAgate']
(b) Did you get the Royal Edition? More below, after (c)

I sent an e-mail to them. I got two replies: one stating that
they were looking into the matter, and the second being
my codes.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my order was for the Royal Edition. Just fired off an e-mail to [email protected] to have them look into it. Thanks GlassAgate.

bread's done
Back