Two Worlds II $10 Xbox360/PS3 @ Amazon (Prime)

YouGonnaEatThat

CAGiversary!
Not sure how much of a "deal" this is but for under $10 I grabbed a copy. I'm sure you got it for cheaper during some sale or whatever but the price is what it is now. I mean if it's any better and Two Worlds then I think I'll be ok with it.

Two Worlds II

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a copy New for PS3 for $10.25 shipped third party. I'm passing. Not interested in it but it's a good price if you are lol.

It gets my seal of approval. I would have gone for platinum trophy on this game if not for 2 bugged trophies. Other rpgs could definitely learn a thing or 2 from this game.

I loved this game. I bought it legit and when I went to turn it in I realized I got 20$ :p
I've played both two worlds games and loved them both (yes even the first).
These games are fun to run around kill things and loot. Personally I really liked the loot system along with the card based spell system.
If you get a duplicate weapon/spell card your using. Don't sell it combine it and make your weapon stronger!

[quote name='bob_793']I loved this game. I bought it legit and when I went to turn it in I realized I got 20$ :p
I've played both two worlds games and loved them both (yes even the first).
These games are fun to run around kill things and loot. Personally I really liked the loot system along with the card based spell system.
If you get a duplicate weapon/spell card your using. Don't sell it combine it and make your weapon stronger![/QUOTE]

heard the online MP was dead, is the core of the game offline?

[quote name='CaoPi']heard the online MP was dead, is the core of the game offline?[/QUOTE]
Yeah its all offline. Im pretty sure there was never anyone who went online to begin with.

The lead bullet point under Product Features on the Amazon page actually made me laugh:
Various ways of moving, like walking, running, sprinting, riding, swimming, sailing and teleporting.

Wait, wait... You can walk or run in this game... Imma get a hundred of these. Thanks OP.

[quote name='blinknot4']The lead bullet point under Product Features on the Amazon page actually made me laugh:
Various ways of moving, like walking, running, sprinting, riding, swimming, sailing and teleporting.

Wait, wait... You can walk or run in this game... Imma get a hundred of these. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
I liked the first games main selling point. "ITS OBLIVION ON STEROIDS!!!!!!"

Tis game is worth a play at $10. It has a great magic system where you can make custom spells. It has really cool music and a unique atmosphere. It gets old after about 20 hours IMO, but still, it's one of my favorites.

sounds nice but dunno if I should pick this up since I have literally about 6 other rpgs to play in my backlog for this generation (haven't started)

[quote name='Mad dog']Tis game is worth a play at $10. It has a great magic system where you can make custom spells. It has really cool music and a unique atmosphere. It gets old after about 20 hours IMO, but still, it's one of my favorites.[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite aspects was the ability to break down your extra items into materials and then use them to upgrade your armor and weapons and make them even better.

Every other RPG makes you haul ass back to town every 5 minutes when your inventory fills up which is a real pain but they did a great job of fixing that annoyance while still making your extra loot useful.

Agreed on the music too. It's well done on the whole. Some of it kind of reminds of (old) Diablo music a bit even.

I was playing Skyrim, was about 8 hours in, got to the mountain top to learning shouts when I saw a thread of the first Two Worlds dropped to $3 at GS. I watched a few youtube reviews bashing the game, but at the same time a few people said they liked it. I picked it up used at GS, played about 5 minutes and thought it was shit. But the next day I started over again and was mucking around with it, and soon learned the basics of combat - sticking near the healing pots, lock picking, looting, and the upgrading the weapons and equipement. Soon, I was dozens of hours in and I found myself looking forward to playing it which is rare because of lack of free time. Soon I returned the used copy to GS and brought myself the CE off amazon for $15. Two worlds is in the vien of western rpg, and while it's a little rough at spots but has many unique and very fun ideas. I even have grown to love the voice acting and funny way of dialogs.

Two worlds II is generally regarded to be a huge improvement over the first. Watch the angry joe review:
youtube

Once you are done with two worlds, look into Risen and Risen 2, another great example of misunderstood games that are rough at spots but gems to be discovered for dirt cheap.

PS: Haven't touched skyrim since I started my journey in two worlds and now risen.

[quote name='Asgardian']I was playing Skyrim, was about 8 hours in, got to the mountain top to learning shouts when I saw a thread of the first Two Worlds dropped to $3 at GS. I watched a few youtube reviews bashing the game, but at the same time a few people said they liked it. I picked it up used at GS, played about 5 minutes and thought it was shit. But the next day I started over again and was mucking around with it, and soon learned the basics of combat - sticking near the healing pots, lock picking, looting, and the upgrading the weapons and equipement. Soon, I was dozens of hours in and I found myself looking forward to playing it which is rare because of lack of free time. Soon I returned the used copy to GS and brought myself the CE off amazon for $15. Two worlds is in the vien of western rpg, and while it's a little rough at spots but has many unique and very fun ideas. I even have grown to love the voice acting and funny way of dialogs.

Two worlds II is generally regarded to be a huge improvement over the first. Watch the angry joe review:
youtube

Once you are done with two worlds, look into Risen and Risen 2, another great example of misunderstood games that are rough at spots but gems to be discovered for dirt cheap.

PS: Haven't touched skyrim since I started my journey in two worlds and now risen.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. One word of caution is to everyone is with these games you need to chug through an hr or two before the game gets going.

[quote name='Asgardian']I was playing Skyrim, was about 8 hours in, got to the mountain top to learning shouts when I saw a thread of the first Two Worlds dropped to $3 at GS. I watched a few youtube reviews bashing the game, but at the same time a few people said they liked it. I picked it up used at GS, played about 5 minutes and thought it was shit. But the next day I started over again and was mucking around with it, and soon learned the basics of combat - sticking near the healing pots, lock picking, looting, and the upgrading the weapons and equipement. Soon, I was dozens of hours in and I found myself looking forward to playing it which is rare because of lack of free time. Soon I returned the used copy to GS and brought myself the CE off amazon for $15. Two worlds is in the vien of western rpg, and while it's a little rough at spots but has many unique and very fun ideas. I even have grown to love the voice acting and funny way of dialogs.

youtube

PS: Haven't touched skyrim since I started my journey in two worlds and now risen.[/QUOTE]

Concur entirely with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
That guy doing that review is super annoying. Did he just copy AVGN with his ID?

Now I understand why those games are missed understood. For western rpgs ill stick with my elder scrolls and baldurs gate. That reviewer over used the hand gestures.

Having had and gotten platinum in demons/dark souls makes this game look like torture. I don't think the reviewer did it any justice though. If anything made me hate it even more then I already did lol.

[quote name='TooPoor']I chuckle every time I see this game, thinking about the mass amount of profit it generated for the flippers.[/QUOTE]

I vaguely recall TW2 mentioned in a bunch of threads months ago. thing is I don't recall a sale just decent tivs

About a month or two ago, topware sold off it's copies of royal edition, valvet goty edition and royal goty editions for $10! I lucked out and got a valvet goty edition for $10 since I had already got the royal edition when GS started clearing them @ $50.

[quote name='Asgardian']About a month or two ago, topware sold off it's copies of royal edition, valvet goty edition and royal goty editions for $10! I lucked out and got a valvet goty edition for $10 since I had already got the royal edition when GS started clearing them @ $50.[/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it I think I have some deja vu about that. I think I remember it now that you mention it but for whatever reason ignored it. Anyway congrats on the score.

Awesome game. $10 is a steal. Bought it for $6 when Target clearance it out.

Note: The strategy guide for this game fetch a hefty sum.
Several months ago, I bought like 14 brand new/sealed copies from several Frys for $10 each and flipped it on eBay/Amazon for $60 shipped each.

It's been $10 new (or possibly "new") at GameStop for awhile now. $8.99 used before PUR discount. But no tax and free shipping with a $25 Amazon order.

[quote name='morrodox']It's been $10 new (or possibly "new") at GameStop for awhile now. $8.99 used before PUR discount. But no tax and free shipping with a $25 Amazon order.[/QUOTE]

This is why I'd choose Amazon. Since I have prime it's free shipping anyway. "No" tax is just a bonus.

Just want to reiterate what some others have said, namely, the game is great fun, a large open world with tons of combat/loot grinding, nice production values, innovative crafting/inventory management system, etc. though does take a few hours before it takes off. I paid full price when it released and have no regrets. Yes there are some glitches but nothing game breaking and most are amusing.

Fun game, fun combat....HORRIBLE final boss fight. Also, for some reason I had no problems playing this on the PS3, but twice now I've bought it cheap on 360 and tried to play it and the movement gave me headaches. Weird.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Fun game, fun combat....HORRIBLE final boss fight. Also, for some reason I had no problems playing this on the PS3, but twice now I've bought it cheap on 360 and tried to play it and the movement gave me headaches. Weird.[/QUOTE]

Ha yea, worst boss fight EVER. Luckily I knew ahead of time that the end fight sucked so I read guides about it and beat it on my first try, although I was on the brink of death 2 or 3 times and couldn't believe I survived. I would be beyond frustrated if I had to try that fight more than once. I'd probably rage quit and never play the game again.

[quote name='Asgardian']Two worlds II is generally regarded to be a huge improvement over the first. Watch the angry joe review: [/QUOTE]

Next time, link a review that isn't aimed at 12-year-olds.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned the multiplayer is dead. Does that mean it has been completely disabled? Or can one of the consoles still host and play co-op?

I am interested in this for my wife and I to play if the co-op still works.

[quote name='NeoZatan']Earlier in this thread someone mentioned the multiplayer is dead. Does that mean it has been completely disabled? Or can one of the consoles still host and play co-op?

I am interested in this for my wife and I to play if the co-op still works.[/QUOTE]

It is still running, but next to zero people play the multi.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Next time, link a review that isn't aimed at 12-year-olds.[/QUOTE]

very true. that was extra unbearable but I'm looking forward to playing this game.

add me on xbl if you guys wanna do multi:
awesometron2000

[quote name='roundhouse']I concur with the posters on page 1. I enjoyed this game times infinity more than Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

So true! I have not touched Skyrim once after I got TW2. I grabbed it when the Velvet Edition was on PSN for $5 around Christmas. Best $5 I've spent in a looooong time. It starts off a bit rough, but then you get hooked. Great game, order it up today.

I loved this game, but the co-op was horrible. Very linear and the open world was completely removed.

[quote name='Nightclam']So true! I have not touched Skyrim once after I got TW2. I grabbed it when the Velvet Edition was on PSN for $5 around Christmas. Best $5 I've spent in a looooong time. It starts off a bit rough, but then you get hooked. Great game, order it up today.[/QUOTE]

Agree with those on page 1 also

bread's done
Back