U Broke My Sista's Face! FIGHTING THREAD XLV!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']??

What is that in general aside from the nakedness... a cell-phone version of Street Fighter?[/quote]

it's SF Online... a fighter you play using the last thing you'd want to... your computer's mouse.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's SF Online... a fighter you play using the last thing you'd want to... your computer's mouse.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

=(

I only made it to round 3 in CvS2.

Full story later, when I'm not completely exhausted. Also, Tatsunoko v. Capcom is funfunfun.

I agree with Rolento. Hopefully this experience will encourage you to keep playing and getting your competitive play up.

Have to admit I was a little worried that you were playing N-Groove and not RC'ing. Great to see you held your own Beef!!

On a side-note I hate arcades that can't keep their sticks/buttons maintained. More so I had finding that out AS I'm playing. A couple days ago I was up north with my team at work assisting another store with pretty much everything. Stopped to play CVS2 for 5 minutes. 5 minutes turned into 45 and a 5 win streak against a guy who did all the things I told Beef not to do via PM in CVS2.

It got to the point I just stopped playing completely because my fierce punch was sticking (on A-Groove) and left.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do buttons break in arcades in the first place? Is the hardware just ghetto, or do some crazy kids just like jump up on the machine and stomp on that shit?

[quote name='Chacrana']How do buttons break in arcades in the first place? Is the hardware just ghetto, or do some crazy kids just like jump up on the machine and stomp on that shit?[/quote]

It's when people bring in prostitutes and set the girl on the machine as support for a rough ride.

[quote name='Chacrana']How do buttons break in arcades in the first place? Is the hardware just ghetto, or do some crazy kids just like jump up on the machine and stomp on that shit?[/QUOTE]

The combination of competitive players, random n00bs and just the daily visitors to a daily arcade (especially one that is popular or in a "tourist/summer" town/city) makes up the wear and tear.

Also does anyone know if special weapons or whichever are allowed in ranked matches online? I've just been using straight up Zasalamel and keep running into Siegfried players using the Soul Calibur. Shit is Mickey Mouse.

[quote name='asianxcore']The combination of competitive players, random n00bs and just the daily visitors to a daily arcade (especially one that is popular or in a "tourist/summer" town/city) makes up the wear and tear.

Also does anyone know if special weapons or whichever are allowed in ranked matches online? I've just been using straight up Zasalamel and keep running into Siegfried players using the Soul Calibur. Shit is Mickey Mouse.[/quote]

if you are playing standard matches the game shouldn't be broken. all that weapons do in standard games is look perty.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if you are playing standard matches the game shouldn't be broken. all that weapons do in standard games is look perty.[/QUOTE]

I just choose Ranked Matches and then do Quick Match. Would that just make em' look perty?

I just had my first Ranked Match where someone quit after I won the first round :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asianxcore']I just choose Ranked Matches and then do Quick Match. Would that just make em' look perty?

I just had my first Ranked Match where someone quit after I won the first round :)[/quote]

it all depends on if before you choose those options you choose standard or special.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it all depends on if before you choose those options you choose standard or special.[/QUOTE]

Word. I'll keep that in mind.

As much fun as I'm having with SCIV, I swear it's infuriating how much this series (and game) rewards scrubby play. Mash buttons and good things happen!

[quote name='asianxcore']

As much fun as I'm having with SCIV, I swear it's infuriating how much this series (and game) rewards scrubby play. Mash buttons and good things happen![/QUOTE]

To an extent, yes, but really only when it's lagging online does the game really reward mashing/spamming. If it's running smoothly, and an adept player can easily beat a scrub by simply blocking and attacking low, as those two things totally catch scrubs off guard.

Another way buttons break at arcades is due to poor wiring/wiring skills. You don't know how many times I had to rewire stuff for my local arcade cuz they didn't know how to do it. Sometimes it was easy as plugging in a quick disconnect lol.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']To an extent, yes, but really only when it's lagging online does the game really reward mashing/spamming. If it's running smoothly, and an adept player can easily beat a scrub by simply blocking and attacking low, as those two things totally catch scrubs off guard.[/QUOTE]

That seems to explain why Zasalamel's 1A,B --->6AB (or 6BB) always seems to work against random scrubs online.

I'm glad I get to finally sit down and learn Zasalamel inside and out. The bugs or glitches in the PS2 SC3 made me not buy the game originally.

[quote name='asianxcore']Word. I'll keep that in mind.

As much fun as I'm having with SCIV, I swear it's infuriating how much this series (and game) rewards scrubby play. Mash buttons and good things happen![/quote]

2nded... It's never felt like Tekken where button mashing is barely rewarded while in SC you can be spastic and do fine.

OK. I think I found a major difference between 360 SCIV and PS3.

Moves have different hit boxes on PS3 for some reason?! Moves tend to whiff more up close/point blank for certain moves with properties. Example, Cervantes 2A+B whiffs up close when it should CH.

This NEVER happens on the 360 version. HRMMM. WTF?

That's awfully ghetto if true.

My review copy of the 360 version should be here Monday, so I'm 'xcited about that. Half the fun of playing a fighter like this online is the chatting, and it's gimped (at least, on the PS3 version)... so I assume that won't be a problem on the 360.

[quote name='Chacrana']That's awfully ghetto if true.

My review copy of the 360 version should be here Monday, so I'm 'xcited about that. Half the fun of playing a fighter like this online is the chatting, and it's gimped (at least, on the PS3 version)... so I assume that won't be a problem on the 360.[/quote]

Pretty sure having voice enabled on the 360 ver still makes it lag more. Second hand info though so...!

My review copy of the 360 version should be here Monday, so I'm 'xcited about that. Half the fun of playing a fighter like this online is the chatting, and it's gimped (at least, on the PS3 version)... so I assume that won't be a problem on the 360.[/quote] They just ungimped the voice chat with the 1.02 update today for the PS3.

My review copy of the 360 version should be here Monday, so I'm 'xcited about that. Half the fun of playing a fighter like this online is the chatting, and it's gimped (at least, on the PS3 version)... so I assume that won't be a problem on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Nice we'll get to play. Haven't got to play a game with a CAG in a long time. Yet to play SC4 with a friend.

This was from 2002-2003, but the game hasn't really evolved since then. Anywho, here is the Japanese tier list:

This ranking is made by Best Garou players(total 46 raters) from Japan and the character are rated from 1=Bad to 5=Good.

ranking system: S - A - B - C - D

S-Rank: 1st place - Kevin Ryan(rate average 4.67)

rating

5 - 36
4 - 6
3 - 3
2 - 1
1 - 0

A-Rank: 2nd place - Kim Jae Hoon(4.33)

5 - 22
4 - 19
3 - 3
2 - 2
1 - 0

3rd place - Gato(4.28)

5 - 21
4 - 18
3 - 6
2 - 1
1 - 0

4th place - Terry Bogard(4.27)

5 - 21
4 - 20
3 - 5
2 - 0
1 - 1

5th place - Grant(4.05)

5 - 19
4 - 13
3 - 6
2 - 4
1 - 1

B-Rank: 6th place - Bonne Jenet(4)

5 - 10
4 - 26
3 - 8
2 - 1
1 - 0

7th place - Marco Rodriguez(3.89)

5 - 10
4 - 22
3 - 12
2 - 0
1 - 1

C-Rank: 8th place - Hotaru Futaba(3.65)

5 - 9
4 - 16
3 - 14
2 - 2
1 - 2

9th place - Kim Dong Hwan(3.56)

5 - 8
4 - 17
3 - 18
2 - 4
1 - 1

10th place - Kain R. Heinlein(3.55)

5 - 7
4 - 18
3 - 12
2 - 4
1 - 2

11th place - Rock Howard(3.27)

5 - 4
4 - 16
3 - 20
2 - 7
1 - 2

D-Rank: 12th place - Hokutomaru(2.89)

5 - 3
4 - 9
3 - 15
2 - 18
1 - 1

13th place - The Griffon Mask(2.66)

5 - 2
4 - 7
3 - 14
2 - 16
1 - 5

14th place - Freeman(2.65)

5 - 1
4 - 9
3 - 16
2 - 13
1 - 7

Its kick back!

Anyways, I'm a bit suprised that Freeman's at the bottom since his p super is really good (but his k one sucks but at least its flashy).

Not surpised at all with Ryan and Terry at the top!

Ahh that's why I was asking, I was suspecting that Kevin was tops. I would've thought Marco to be a little higher.

Anyway, thanks alot MM.

[quote name='heavyd853']Its kick back!
[/QUOTE]

Now why would anyone kick back? He's trying to win a fight here, and that's more easily accomplished by kicking sack.

USA is fuckin REPPIN!

GOOD SHIT...

Results so far:

Capcom vs SNK 2
1st - Choiboy // NORCAL
2nd - BAS // JAPAN
3rd - Ricky Ortiz // NORCAL
4th - Justin Wong // NYC
T5th - Tokido // JAPAN
T5th - Hail and Kill // NORCAL
T7th - Combofiend // SOCAL
T7th - Buktooth // TEXAS

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
1st - Prodigal Son // UNITED KINGDOM
2nd - Gandido // PUERTO RICO
3rd - Cano // PUERTO RICO
4th - Vashkevukovash // PHILIPPINES
T5th - Lingmassacre // NY
T5th - KOR // TEXAS
T7th - Rip // SOCAL
T7th - Som // NORCAL

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
1st - Ohnuki // JAPAN
2nd - Justin Wong // NYC
3rd - Amir // SOCAL
4th - Tokido // JAPAN
T5th - JR // SOCAL
T5th - fubarduck // TEXAS
T7th - watts // SOCAL
T7th - Prodigal Son // UNITED KINGDOM

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (no idea where most of these guys are from)
1st - CPU
2nd - Ken // SOCAL
3rd - Hall // SAN DIEGO
4th - SK97
T5th - Darwin
T5th - Peapo
T7th - WDRM
T7th - Bardull

Super Street Fighter II TURBO
1st -
2nd -
3rd - CaliPower // SOCAL
4th - Tokido // JAPAN
T5th - Kusumondo // JAPAN
T5th - Sirlin // NORCAL
T7th - Justin Wong // NYC
T7th - Shirts // SOCAL

Battle for 1st/2nd is going on between Choiboy and Ohnuki!

Shit is hype son!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back